Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

1195196197198199201»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I honestly can't see anything other than a win on Monday. Just going in the form, we've collecting six times as many points as Leicester this colander year.

The 27th will certainly be an important date on the Pastafarian calendar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

hefferboi wrote: »
    This thread used to be good. The last year or that it's gotten so bad it's painful to post. I like to let the thread build up so I can have a good read over a few pages about Liverpool. About 2/3 years ago you couldn't leave the thread for more than a day or it would have 5+ pages of news built up and you'd have to go back over it... But it was good reading, because you were getting news and discussion about what you came for.

Recently it's getting to the stage where you can leave the thread for a few days and there'll be 2/3 pages built up at most. I left it for 3 days and just read back today and saw that there was 5 pages unread. I thought, lovely, a bit of proper football talk finally! 3 pages of it were fighting over cliques. It's as plain as day that posters are not coming onto this thread because of this ****. I've brought it up before but I'm literally sick of it.

Augeo and Potential underachiever have actually killed this thread.

Augeo has some good Liverpool discussion but just can't seem to understand that posters are messing with him, not "giving him sh1t" as he says.

Potential underachiever is just a fcuking moron who's only aim is to attack people and bring the thread down.

Mr Alan and Luckylloyd when Rodgers was in charge was the height of hatred i had for a poster, but you could actually have a discussion with them about Liverpool.

I'll be banned in the morning but I'm so sick of this thread and boards as whole that i couldn't give a flying fcuk and Ill never be back after this anyway. Boards has deteriorated so badly because of mods punishing the wrong posters and not the likes of Underachiever that it'll be gone in the next year or 2.

Whoevers in charge overall has really fcuked up a good thing by letting the wrong people run it.
    8-10 wrote: »
    End of an era here. Ive been following the thread for a few years now reading nearly every post although not posting too much myself.

Will still be around boards and the match threads but this one about to hit 10k posts I think it's a good time to stop and not follow the next one that comes up.

I'm not a regular poster so I'm not saying this to have any affect, I actually just wanted to post so I could acknowledge that I've enjoyed following the conversation here over the past few years and it's been my primary source of Liverpool info and 'breaking' news.

Not going to go into the reasons why as it's clear to everyone over the past 2 weeks. But overall this thread has been great - it's just time to stop following.

YNWA - let's go batter the Champions on Monday

PS: Sturridge v Firmino: discuss...

Now this is what is so frustrating....good posters who bail out just as the plane/team/thread is pulling out of it's fatal dive! :p

Lads don't leave - we're heading into the final straight Champions League beckons, the gangs all back at the front, half the teams Liverpool will play simply can't afford a low block tactic any more so it'll be gung-ho gegenpress from here on (and Chelsea will do a Devon Loch - believe!).

Also can I suggest in all seriousness that the report user feature be deployed
    with detail as to why - rather than letting a mod attempt to determine the context on his own when the thread maybe not be one he looks at much. Ignore feature is handy to a point as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Now this is what is so frustrating....good posters who bail out just as the plane/team/thread is pulling out of it's fatal dive! :p

Lads don't leave - we're heading into the final straight Champions League beckons, the gangs all back at the front, half the teams Liverpool will play simply can't afford a low block tactic any more so it'll be gung-ho gegenpress from here on (and Chelsea will do a Devon Loch - believe!).

Also can I suggest in all seriousness that the report user feature be deployed
    with detail as to why - rather than letting a mod attempt to determine the context on his own when the thread maybe not be one he looks at much. Ignore feature is handy to a point as well
    +1, Harry.

We are all beautiful and unique snowflakes but it's madness not to use the ignore function on those that cause your blood pressure to rise. And mods can't read every post on the forum so they depend on us to report posts that cross the line so use it and help them out.

And btw, last post in the thread!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

D0NNELLY wrote: »
    When is the next feedback thread due? Summer?

First item, ban off topic shíte.
    You thinking there's clicks? Off topic
    You commenting on other posters? Off topic
    Zero tolerance. Thread will soon be cleared of the gobshítes.. never know, Kess may come back!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Harambe

We will batter Leicester on Monday. 3 or 4 nil.
    Lallana and Firmino to get in on the goals.
    Lallana will be on a high with the new contract and Firmino will score because I have him in the fantasy football :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,927 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So would any of you take winning the title and getting relegated the following season?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

D0NNELLY wrote: »
    When is the next feedback thread due? Summer?

First item, ban off topic shíte.
    You thinking there's clicks? Off topic
    You commenting on other posters? Off topic
    Zero tolerance. Thread will soon be cleared of the gobshítes.. never know, Kess may come back!
    We might get the results of last summers before this one starts:pac:

Or not...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

So would any of you take winning the title and getting relegated the following season?

Yep! Any Liverpool side that could win the title (we'll assume under Klopp) could win the Championship by about 20 points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Could really do with a win. I'm worried we'll have to get top 3 for Champions League, United could go all the way in Europa, especially with the draw that's been laid out. If we get it together realistically the end to our season isn't too bad, get back to the form before Christmas and we'll get top 3.

Even if United win the Europa, top 4 qualify for CL. England can have 5 spaces in the competition.

Only way 4th doesn't get it is if both EL and CL are won by teams finishing outside the top 4. So it's not beyond the realms of possibility - United win the EL and finish 5th and City win the CL and finish 6th for example - but I wouldn't bet on that scenario emerging either.

That said, we do need to win regardless. There's only going to be a few points in it, so we can't afford to lose to Leicester realistically. Eventually, these silly defeats will come to haunt us.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,249 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Not sure if any Liverpool fan wouldn't. It's been too long.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement