Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Put Cahill in my FF team this morning and he just went and scored an own goal. Yep. Of course he did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Put Cahill in my FF team this morning and he just went and scored an own goal. Yep. Of course he did.

Just make sure to do the same on Dec 31th! hang on when do we play Chelsea again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Why oh why would you transfer in Cahill for the city game at the Etihad??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Nice jinx. I made sure to keep Coutinho in mine, hopefully will help his recovery :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

December 2006 Goal of the Month video. An absolutely ridiculous collection.

https://streamable.com/l17z

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Thank jeebus utd didn't go for Conte.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Looking like it's going to be another one of those years when Liverpool get enough points to win the league 9 times out of 10 but someone else gets a ridiculously high total. Ah well. . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

City imploding. And then there were 2...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

mormank wrote: »
    Why oh why would you transfer in Cahill for the city game at the Etihad??

And Aguero was my captain so I'm on -2 points after that game. Brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Chelsea have an easy run of fixtures coming up. Need to stay with 5 points during this period.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

5 game ban for Augero would be welcome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

corwill wrote: »
    Thank jeebus utd didn't go for Conte.

Judging by the match thread theyre still bitter about missing out on Guardiola.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

niallo27 wrote: »

He looks crocked.

If he's playing like he did today I doubt they'll miss him.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Judging by the match thread theyre still bitter about missing out on Guardiola.

But they didn't want him anyway, surely?

Very hard to keep track of all the stuff they didn't wany anyway, at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Going to be 4 isn't it :(
    Back nice and refreshed at Anfield on NYE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Going to be 4 isn't it :(
    Back nice and refreshed at Anfield on NYE.
    Doubt it. Aguero needs games to find sharpness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Chelsea look in serious shape at the moment

NukaCola wrote: »
    Chelsea look in serious shape at the moment

But this league is so unpredictable. City created loads of chances today. City looked like champions 6 weeks ago. Chelsea could easily go on a bad run. Is their squad that big.

But this league is so unpredictable. City created loads of chances today. City looked like champions 6 weeks ago. Chelsea could easily go on a bad run. Is their squad that big.

Of course. Everything can change in the course of 3/4 games, I just mean looking back at the last few months they are looking formidable at this moment....coming back to win at the Etihad is no easy task.

• Advertisement

City were playing make-weights (or worse) for the first 6 weeks. That run was never a true reflection of their level this season. They'll be a top 4 side but I don't think they have the grit and tactical discipline to win the title.

Probably going to be the tightest top 4 race in a while......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Says a lot for Klopp that we're cursing a Chelsea come-back against City to stop us having the chance of going top tomorrow.

Most years (aside from the obvious one) I'd be preferring the top side to beat a lower rival to help our C-Lge prospects.
    The man has only been here a full season plus loose change and here we are daring to dream a wee bit.
    Which, as he'd say himself, is "kind of cool".

If I'm honest I think Klopp will win the league with us but not just yet. Great to be up there and I wouldn't rule us out at all. But it's only a wee chance realistically so if we don't pull it off then top-4 is massive. And that result today is not a bad thing at all for top-4 hopes for us.
    Chelsea will certainly be in the top few. But City have loads of question marks at the mo.

Gotta win tomorrow anyway and keep doing our own business and see what comes of it.

Chelsea are FOUR points clear! :)

Chelsea are FOUR points clear! :)

Yes four due to today's win. (one point before the game) . That's why a City draw/win would have given us the chance to go top tomorrow Harry. :)

C'mon mate! :D

Ah yes, I misread the first line in the previous post.

• Advertisement

Ah yes, I misread the first line in the previous post.

Haha, no worries man. When I read your reply I had to go check WTF I had said myself :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Can you imagine if that was Suarez who did the Aguero tackle? Not the first time he's lunged in on David Luiz either. Absolutely brutal stuff.

Both himself and Fernandinho (who lost the plot) are missing for the Arsenal game next week now.

Knex. wrote: »
    Can you imagine if that was Suarez who did the Aguero tackle? .

Didn't see what Aguero did. Was it really that bad?

Knex. wrote: »
    Can you imagine if that was Suarez who did the Aguero tackle? Not the first time he's lunged in on David Luiz either. Absolutely brutal stuff.

Both himself and Fernandinho (who lost the plot) are missing for the Arsenal game next week now.

It was a terrible challenge all right. He does have a nasty streak but I dont think its crazy bad. A few people are losing the head at him and going overboard which is nothing new. Fernandinho's red was so stupid also. Hopefully it will cost them.

Didn't see what Aguero did. Was it really that bad?

https://twitter.com/ChelseaGIFs/status/805056976812146688

• Advertisement

Thanks for that pal. Jesus yeah he's going to be in huge bother for that.
    Mental challenge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

That'll soften his cough, side-show bob has a long history of similar lunges.

Thanks for that pal. Jesus yeah he's going to be in huge bother for that.
    Mental challenge.

We'd be losing our **** if Matip was on the end of it, Chelsea fans' outrage is understandable. Nasty stuff.

If I'm honest I think Klopp will win the league with us but not just yet. Great to be up there and I wouldn't rule us out at all. But it's only a wee chance realistically so if we don't pull it off then top-4 is massive. ........

I'd say we have more than a wee chance to be fair this year.
    To win a PL next year while also playing in Europe will be tougher than now
    ...... same year after etc etc.

Looking specifically at this season I think we are heading into a really defining spell starting with an an away game tomorrow against a team 4 pts above relegation places, we've one or two injuries and key players have missed a game or two recently.

Win tomorrow and we are a pt off league leaders and at least 2 pts ahead of third place (if arsenal win) :) The Utd lads'll be disgusted :pac:

Gap opening between top 5 and West Brom

24-hour toffee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Gap opening between top 5 and West Brom

All jokes aside it is looking like you will have a clear top 6 fighting for top 4 .United's performance s have been better than their results and you would think they will draw clear of the other 14

sword1 wrote: »
    All jokes aside it is looking like you will have a clear top 6 fighting for top 4 .United's performance s have been better than their results and you would think they will draw clear of the other 14

6 pointer against Everton tomorrow

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    6 pointer against Everton tomorrow

Everton seem to have lost their way a bit the last few games ,without the distraction on the sideline would think united would manage it

corwill wrote: »
    We'd be losing our **** if Matip was on the end of it, Chelsea fans' outrage is understandable. Nasty stuff.

Twas a feckin insane challenge. Don't even need to imagine of it was Matip, it's a disgraceful potential leg breaker no matter who's on the receiving end.

I'd say he knew full well who it was and was settling a score.

Sort of like this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_st29mlQwU

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

MD1990 wrote: »
    Doubt it. Aguero needs games to find sharpness.

You're probably basing that on his performances when returning from injury, usually a week too early as Pellegrino and Mancini often rushed him back.

The same won't necessarily apply to returning from suspension.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,053 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Need a big game from Mane tomorrow, whoever is along side him will probably be a bit rusty and/or not quite at 100%

The chelsea result looks impressive for them on paper but the reality is man city were all over them for large portions of that game, chelsea had something like 3 shots on goal and scored every one which won't always happen, city had a good few chances they did'nt put away and it cost them, both those teams look weak at he back as well.

Anyone watch the Burnley game? I heard on the radio Flanno was to start.

You're probably basing that on his performances when returning from injury, usually a week too early as Pellegrino and Mancini often rushed him back.

The same won't necessarily apply to returning from suspension.

True. Plus even if he's 70% fit he's dangerous. Best striker in the league imo.
    I think he's a phenomenal player.

need to win by 5 to not lose ground on goal difference tomoorow,i would be very happy with any win though.Could very well come down to goal difference for a title or champions league the way the year is going.
    CHE 21
    ARS 19
    LIV 18
    MCI 15
    TOT 14

All important game in hand by us

The chelsea result looks impressive for them on paper but the reality is man city were all over them for large portions of that game, chelsea had something like 3 shots on goal and scored every one which won't always happen, city had a good few chances they did'nt put away and it cost them, both those teams look weak at he back as well.

Chelsea have only conceded 11 goals so far in the PL and had 6 clean shots on the trot.

They've conceded 2 goals in 8 PL games since they went three at the back. They might look weak at the back away against Man City but I don't think they are weak at the back to be fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It seems FSG are willing to bid big for Pulisic (£30m)even though BVB say he isn't for sale at any price.

I guess FSG would love to have an American star player to market the club to Americans and the American market for sponsorship.

United fans really are losing the plot. We were never that bad were we thinking the world was against us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

It seems FSG are willing to bid big for Pulisic (£30m)even though BVB say he isn't for sale at any price.

I guess FSG would love to have an American star player to market the club to Americans and the American market for sponsorship.

I think this is a very valid point that I hadn't considered actually. He really seems to have pushed on this year as well.

United fans really are losing the plot. We were never that bad were we thinking the world was against us.

They deserve everything they get tbh

• Advertisement

Plus he's class in FM 2017 :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement