Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

It seems FSG are willing to bid big for Pulisic (£30m)even though BVB say he isn't for sale at any price.

I guess FSG would love to have an American star player to market the club to Americans and the American market for sponsorship.

Link?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

niallo27 wrote: »
    United fans really are losing the plot. We were never that bad were we thinking the world was against us.

Jose always likes to have an us vs the world mentality at any club he's at. I think the Chelsea players got sick of it and I don't think the utd players are fully buying into it either,to be fair to them. The fans on the other hand...

FSG might like to have an American in the squad but I'm sure if we get him it's because Klopp wants him, nothing against FSG etc..... just how I see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

United fans really are losing the plot. We were never that bad were we thinking the world was against us.

We've had a bit longer to get used to being the extras rather than the star of the show.

A few more years of Jose and they'll be well sorted for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

What season was it when we kept hitting the woodwork over and over again?
    I know it was recent, I just cant recall which season exactly. Was it under Dalglish?
    Jesus we were hitting the post every few minutes and we always came up against a MOTM display from opponent's keepers.
    It was infuriating.

They've come up against some Superman keeping themselves this season to be fair.

I watched a documentary about the German national team from years back and I can't recall the player's name but he said that when they went to penalties against England they knew they'd win because the English players would recall previous penalty shoot-out losses and it would play on their minds.

But the point is, if you get it into you head that things are going against you then they will.
    That's where Mourinho and Klopp are different.
    With Klopp everything is possible and positive.
    With Mourinho everything is about the negative.

Mourinho would pick a fight with himself if there was nobody else around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,053 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Never mind that, there was one or two that thought they could still win the league! FFS west brom have a better chance!

A few more years of Jose and they'll be well sorted for it.

He won't last that long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Lads, while it's funny watching them **** up here and there, ye are setting yerselves up for a fall if ye think Mourinho and Utd won't be successful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

brevity wrote: »
    Lads, while it's funny watching them **** up here and there, ye are setting yerselves up for a fall if ye think Mourinho and Utd won't be successful.

What do you regard as success though for me if you are taking about utd, it is about winning titles. I can't see them challenging myself.

What do you regard as success though for me if you are taking about utd, it is about winning titles. I can't see them challenging myself.

If they don't win at least one title it will be a massive upset. There is way too much experience, quality and money there for them not to be in the mix.

• Advertisement

To be fair, Jose isn't there long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Who cares? Seriously like.

It's not exactly a new tactic for Jose.

Augeo wrote: »
    To be fair, Jose isn't there long.

He isn't but the rot has continued from last year when it comes to jose. With the expierence he has and the players you can't justify having West Brom ahead of you at this stage of the league.

Who cares? Seriously like.

By the replies so far quiet a few people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

By the replies so far quiet a few people.

Conclusive.

Why do they have to be collective?

I've said that Mourinho won't work out there long term. He won't.

Of course United will always be huge and as Carra once said, everything is cyclical.
    But no reason why Mourinho will necessarily be successful there. What makes you so sure he will?

Why do they have to be collective?

I've said that Mourinho won't work out there long term. He won't.

Of course United will always be huge and as Carra once said, everything is cyclical.
    But no reason why Mourinho will necessarily be successful there. What makes you so sure he will?

He has been successful in every club he has been at. I certainly don't think he is the same manager that he once was (Madrid ****ed him up imo) but once he has money and experience around him he will do well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I will certainly enjoy it while it lasts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,479 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I have always found it strange that United moved away from the style of play and players that they had huge success with under Alex. Jose is third non football playing manager since Alex left. I dunno why they are so insistent on going down this road but its not working.
    They should appoint a manager who likes to play football like Alex did, it's really hard to understand why they are so determined to change their style, their history.
    I would hate if we started appointing managers who don't respect the history and style we play, we had one for a lil while, Woy, he made us cry .

It's hard to see United beating Everton.
    They could be 8th and 14 points form top tomorrow.

Away to Everton
    Home to Spurs
    Away to Palace
    Away to West Brom

Don't play another home game until after Xmas

Could be a sad xmas in United Thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So Liverpool are playing tomorrow

I can't see Eddie parking the bus tomorrow so it should be an open game of football.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Way too much talk about utd in here at mo. Layve em off!

He has been successful in every club he has been at. I certainly don't think he is the same manager that he once was (Madrid ****ed him up imo) but once he has money and experience around him he will do well.

Oh well, you went from "being successful" to "being in the mix" and then "doing well"

So you don't seem so sure yourself :)

That's not just me being pedantic, it's not going to be enough for him there to be in the mix or do well. They'll feck him out if he doesn't do more than that.

I think they'll feck him out at the end of next season.

Why? Because I think he had a "I am God" aura about him when things were going well and every player will respond to that but he has lost that now and all you're left with is a regular manager who's a bit too cautious tactically for his own good.

But that's just my opinion. Plenty others out there :)

So Liverpool are playing tomorrow

I can't see Eddie parking the bus tomorrow so it should be an open game of football.

Will Ibe be playing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Will Ibe be playing?

Hope not. He's liable to kill one of our defenders by repeatedly running into him.

Oh well, you went from "being successful" to "being in the mix" and then "doing well"

So you don't seem so sure yourself :)

That's not just me being pedantic, it's not going to be enough for him there to be in the mix or do well. They'll feck him out if he doesn't do more than that.

I think they'll feck him out at the end of next season.

Why? Because I think he had a "I am God" aura about him when things were going well and every player will respond to that but he has lost that now and all you're left with is a regular manager who's a bit too cautious tactically for his own good.

But that's just my opinion. Plenty others out there :)

That's being pendatic to be fair.

It's all relative. If it was anyone else, at perhaps a different level, the standards would be different.

Being in the mix means challenging i.e. close to winning, getting far in the CL.

Doing well means winning a league and a cup here or there.

I'll leave it there anyway. As you say its just an opinion :)

Chelsea will be hard to move from top
    They have what seem to be easier fixtures coming up
    Hope we can stay with them until start of year
    Bournemouth tomorrow will be a test without Coutinho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Will Ibe be playing?

why would he not be they bought him, he is not on loan

Just caught their highlights on MOTD and I was impressed. They are favourites for a reason but City could have had a couple of goals today too. But the bounce of the ball seems with them as they could/should have 2 players sent off. One probably will get a ban in the next few days alright.

• Advertisement

Just caught their highlights on MOTD and I was impressed. They are favourites for a reason but City could have had a couple of goals today too. But the bounce of the ball seems with them as they could/should have 2 players sent off. One probably will get a ban in the next few days alright.

Could have been a different game if the ref did not bottle that challenge by Luiz in the 1st half

The frustrating bit is that we seem to be facing a run of games where Coutinho could have been useful to break teams down and then when Mane goes we have a run of games that we could have done with his pace for counter-attacks coz it's a run of tougher games.
    Oh well, unfortunate but c'est la vie.

People giving Mane flack lately but it's no coincidence that it has been a run of games against teams who sit back and it doesnt suit his game so much, thats all.
    He ends up getting a run for a peno against sunderland when they're losing.
    Why? Because they had pushed up a bit.
    Sorry, nothing to do with your post, but just wanted to say it.

We'll be alright tomorrow. Won't be easy but we'll sneak it 2-1 :)

Could have been a different game if the ref did not bottle that challenge by Luiz in the 1st half

Yeah and Chalobah? should have been sent off after the Aguero tackle.

Why did Forster not make that kind of balls up when Liverpool were playing against the Southampton bus

They are favourites for a reason .

Yeah the main reason being ManCity's underwhelming start. Were Chelsea favourites at the start?
    Genuine question. I doubt they were. And if they were then it was some call by the bookies.

Man City have the best squad in the league, they just keep making a feck of it.

For such a highly rated manager, Pep does some mad stuff. The keeper situation was nuts. Get rid of a club favourite who admittedly had gone through a torrid time but still young, replace him with a fella who's terrified of a pass back but supposedly he's "more comfortable on the ball".
    Then have a tiff with Aguero who is the best striker in the league by a mile, then keep rotating the team so badly that they look like a bunch of strangers who almost get turned over by Celtic, a glorified pub team.

Was listening to Johnny Giles recently and he's not everyone's cup of tea admittedly but he was spot on about Guardiola when he said they'll end up with 11 midfielders the way they're going.

Oh and just for the record Giles said Chelsea to win the league and Liverpool 2nd. (2 weeks ago)
    I agree.

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I will certainly enjoy it while it lasts.

Yep it is enjoyable as it goes on.

On another note why are you giving that rag publicity in the humour thread :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

For such a highly rated manager, Pep does some mad stuff.

50M for John Stones is pretty crazy also.......

On another note why are you giving that rag publicity in the humour thread :confused:

I'm gonna guess that Charlie didn't realise that the Twitter link to "dreamfc" was linked to the Rag or he wouldn't have posted it.

Good spot though and we all hate those f****rs with a passion. It was probably an honest mistake.

Was listening to Johnny Giles recently and he's not everyone's cup of tea admittedly but he was spot on about Guardiola when he said they'll end up with 11 midfielders the way they're going.............

Liverpool generally play with 7 midfielders these days :)

NukaCola wrote: »
    50M for John Stones is pretty crazy also.......

Yeah I thought so. He fits the bill for Pep in that he can pass the ball from the back.
    But as a good defender, he's not there yet imo.
    CitytillIdie might say otherwise, he's a very good poster that chap btw.

But yeah maybe it's down to your style of defender.

I loved Arbeloa and Finnan and Carragher. Pep wouldnt tolerate any of those.
    Actually I wonder would Klopp like Finnan or Arbeloa?
    Carra is a no brainer.

Augeo wrote: »
    Liverpool generally play with 7 midfielders these days :)

Ha yeah. But I think what he was getting at was the keeper and CB's all want to be midfielders.

In other words they all want to be on the ball and picking passes and it doesnt work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

Carra is a no brainer.

We've had enough of those in our defence in recent years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Yeah I thought so. He fits the bill for Pep in that he can pass the ball from the back.

I mean, I'm not saying he's poor and I know transfer fee cant/should not be used as an indication of talent, but as you say he is a bit off where he needs to be especially for that price range.....he's decent but not 50M decent IMO. Plenty of scope for improvement to be fair to him.

NukaCola wrote: »
    I mean, I'm not saying he's poor and I know transfer fee cant/should not be used as an indication of talent, but as you say he is a bit off where he needs to be especially for that price range.....he's decent but not 50M decent IMO. Plenty of scope for improvement to be fair to him.

Yeah I wouldnt doubt his potential long term. And he didnt pick the fee.

Matip makes other CB signings look expensive anyway ;)

If this has been done on here before then just tell me.

But if not, here goes..........

Can you name SIX players who have player for Liverpool and Ac Milan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭noodler

CitytillIdie might say otherwise, he's a very good poster that chap btw.

But yeah maybe it's down to your style of defender.

I loved Arbeloa and Finnan and Carragher. Pep wouldnt tolerate any of those.
    Actually I wonder would Klopp like Finnan or Arbeloa?
    Carra is a no brainer.

Finnan played football all day.

One of the beat crossers during his time at the club.

Or did I pick you up wrong?

noodler wrote: »
    Finnan played football all day.

One of the beat crossers during his time at the club.

Or did I pick you up wrong?

No, you didn't pick me up wrong.

A full back who defends first, attacks second, and can cross.

That's all I meant.

I loved Finnan. Arbeloa too. It's insane how cheaply we sold Arbeloa when you look back on it. And yeah I know he wanted the move etc but still a tiny fee for such a good player.

If this has been done on here before then just tell me.

But if not, here goes..........

Can you name SIX players who have player for Liverpool and Ac Milan?

Anyone? Shout em out one at a time if you know any of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

^ Super Mario off the top of my head
    and Suso

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Aquaman ,Torres ,balotelli

Fair play, that's Suso, Balotelli, Aquilani, Torres

God answers lads. That's 4. Still 2 to go

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement