Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Lucas & Clyne need to get in on the goal scoring or they will feel totally left out at the end of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Not even playing that amazingly well and winning 3-1, I fúcking love watching us play these days...

Not having my heart in my mouth helps... :)

Edit : heart back in mouth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭hadepsx

Comical defending. ffs

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Fieldog wrote: »
    Not even playing that amazingly well and winning 3-1, I fúcking love watching us play these days...

Not having my heart in my mouth helps... :)

Edit : heart back in mouth

Thanks a bunch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Worst goal weve conceded all year. Shocking all round

mayordenis wrote: »
    Thanks a bunch

Definitely my fault, worst fans in the world we are...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

No doubt the sky will be falling here if we don't score again. Mad second half. We'll learn from this like we did from the Burnley game. Its all part of the team developing.

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    No doubt the sky will be falling here if we don't score again. Mad second half. We'll learn from this like we did from the Burnley game. Its all part of the team developing.

Bournemouth smelling blood here...

Fieldog wrote: »
    Bournemouth smelling blood here...

Yup. I'd take the point here. heads gone but like i said i'd bet on us learning from it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Hopefully but we haven't learned from the other times we've been leading 2-0 at half time and dropped points.

• Advertisement

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Hopefully but we haven't learned from the other times we've been leading 2-0 at half time and dropping points.

Its a new team, its a new manager. We haven't had a Burnley since Burnley (where we completely abandon the plan and panic) and thats down to the fact that we have the best coach we've had in years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Unbeaten with Matip.

Two loses this season without Matip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Well, now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

And that is what happens the minute fans start getting cocky and worrying more about other clubs than their own.

And that is what happens the minute fans start getting cocky and worrying more about other clubs than their own.

Absolutely nothing to do with it. The players lost their heads and the keeper had a nightmare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Karius cost us.....

Yep that's the reason the team threw away a two goal lead.

Should never be dropping points like this against 10 men.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

How the hell can you buy a keeper worse than Mignolet?

What happens? We lose games? Not sure fans have that power in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

**** me some throwback to Liverpool of yesteryear, what a bottle job.! Massive disaster of a result.

Hope Bournemouth are relegated and Eddie Howe ends up managing Arsenal.

Well there are loads worse than him. But Karius had played well the last month or so. He had a nightmare today no doubt. I still have faith in him long term. And thats what it is a long term signing.

He may be young, and he may have been great in Germany but he's been poor for us. Dont really care if people think thats harsh.

Or play a hairdresser up front....amIright?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Hope Bournemouth are relegated and Eddie Howe ends up managing Arsenal.

Haha if you want to vent your anger vent it at your keeper was awful for 2 of their goals

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭hadoken13

Time to get our heads out of the clouds. Klopp and the defensive coaches don't have a clue about how to defend. We'll win nothing unless this is sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

dreadful 2nd half fully deserved. no title this year same games still troubling us. I knew today would be a problem.

matip huge loss, it's a shame klopp can't sort things with Sakho, far superior to lovren.

Title winners don't let a 2 goal lead slip to Bournemouth and end up.conceding 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Bottlers.

Naive.

Omnishambles.

Forget the title, that's nowhere near the performance required for top 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Karius absolutely appalling and will rightly take a lot of the flak for that result. Absolutely no way that Mignolet concedes all 4 of those.

But, jesus, that was dreadful in the second half. The midfield stood aside and let Bournemouth have a free run at our goal, and the defenders were all over the place.

By the time it got to 3-3, Milner and Can looked like the only two players on the whole pitch who actually gave a ****.

Firmino is ****e on the wing - I know we needed to make changes to get Origi on the pitch but Firmino rarely has an impact on a game where he doesn't play through the centre.

I don't even know where to begin with the rest of that **** tbh. Very deflating.

Was Matip injured?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Origi at fault for their 2 before the winner imo,too fcking lazy , this is why we won't win the league . Thinking we can Cruise to victory.

Unacceptable defeat giving the score we had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

We tired in that game more so than other games.
    Terrible weekend for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Still no leaders in that team. Henderson should never be captain again, he needs to play with a leader beside him because he hasn't the balls to be one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Bournemouth totally deserved that. Better team all day I thought. We didn't deserve to be 2-0 or 3-1 up. Terrible performance but we had to lose at some stage. Learn from it and move on.

Individual mistakes cost us, if your keeper cant gather a shot along the ground coming straight at him then it doesn't matter how good your defenders are being honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,976 ✭✭✭doc_17

We should have been out of sight at half time given how bad they were. Easy to blame Karius as the final mistake was his, but plenty of blame to go around. Origi scored a cracker, but he missed an absolutely sitter and his general play will hopefully improve. No options off the bench either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,199 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Origi at fault for their 2 before the winner imo,too fcking lazy , this is why we won't win the league . Thinking we can Cruise to victory.

Unacceptable defeat giving the score we had.

Bullied by Wilshere for equaliser ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

We have 30 pts and are 3rd in table.
    :)

Bournemouth totally deserved that. Better team all day I thought. We didn't deserve to be 2-0 or 3-1 up. Terrible performance but we had to lose at some stage. Learn from it and move on.

Really? We didn't deserve our 2-0 lead? We destroyed them in the first half. They couldn't get out of their half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Disaster to lose that. Absolutely cruising at 2-0 and then 3-1. Lovren was back to his old ways without Matip beside him. Awful blunder from Karius at the end. We seemed leggy as well the last 20 minutes. Midfield weren't closing down at all. Cook could take 3 touches and line up that last shot with nobody getting close to him. Bournemouth weren't even good today. Just threw that game away.

• Advertisement

2nd half implosion a la the Europa League Final again. The way the Bournemouth player was allowed to waltz in to take the shot which lead to their winner was embarassing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

and why the **** didnt klopp shut up shop at 3-1. we were poor up till then we looked like we got away with. There is a time to defend and stop gung-ho attacking.

The SKY IS FALLING... Ignore the last two months... we can't defend... ignore the injuries... we're sh*t we lost to Bournemouth!!

We fell apart, that much is true. We're still a very good team. These games happen sometimes. We'll learn from it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Only the midfield 3 come out of that with a shred of credit.
    Their work in the first half was the only reason we had anything to show for it, given how apalling the front 3 were.
    I'm not sure was he injured for the whole game and eventually broke down completely but Mane was walking for the whole time he was on the pitch.
    He didn't look injured. He just looked like he didn't give a ****e.

Firmino looked like a part-timer.

To be fair to them, the finish from Origi and the assist for Can were really good, but in the main they were all shocking.

Karius was just absolutely dreadful.

Milner was grand but then he gives them a way back into the game. Between him and Lovren (who put him in trouble in the first place) they really ****ed thing up for us.
    Our midfield was shielding them perfectly fine, even if they looked a shambles when they were eventually tested. If they didn't directly hand them a leg up I think we would've been fine.

We were missing a lot of players there to be fair to the team and other than Mane, there wasn't a shortage of effort but there was so little intensity to our play.

I'm still fairly sanguine about the result though. We've been brilliant this season but it was always hard to take us seriously as title challengers when we can be this poor and when we clearly don't have anything near the best team in the league.
    We're blasting all expectations out of the water so there's no need to get too hand-wringy when we're not able to be perfect.

A lot of people who knew this would be a tricky game after we lost it.

doc_17 wrote: »
    Easy to blame Karius as the final mistake was his, but plenty of blame to go around.

Its easy to blame because it ultimately cost us a point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Eh? It was practically one way traffic for 65 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Capitulation. Firmino our best player pfttt anonymous today like many others

rob316 wrote: »
    and why the **** didnt klopp shut up shop at 3-1. we were poor up till then we looked like we got away with. There is a time to defend and stop gung-ho attacking.

Did we go gung-ho attacking or did we just lose control of the game though?

• Advertisement

I honestly think Mig would have saved the peno, but not the rest...

Sure it's all if buts and how's now, well done Bournemouth, they totally deserved that unfortunately...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement