Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

You just gotta hope it was one of those days and to be quickly forgotten by next weekend.

I said it to my mate before the game about the loss of matip would be huge. Still we should of saw that out but when it was 3 3 i just knew they would get the winner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Karius didn't cover himself in glory but we'd most likely have been behind anyway from the 1 on 1 he saved if it had been Mignolet in goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

SlickRic wrote: »
    That was an embarrassment.

That puts any tentative talk of the title to bed for me. Would you see Chelsea do that? Would have seen Leicester last season do it?

For 3 years now, we have been fúcking brittle mentally. It seems we can't withstand an ounce of pressure without folding. Let's be honest, Bournemouth didn't play well to get back in it.

Klopp hasn't managed to break that hold. We're fine as long as we're controlling the tempo of the game. Once Mané went off, that was lost as we'd nothing up front to stretch or really run at them.

It's ridiculous that this team is incapable of simply standing up like men and holding out. Make it cynical. A few strategic fouls. Knock a few heads off.

We're weak. And that means playing brilliant attacking football will only get us so far.

so the results last season against Norwich away , Dortmund at home and the recent 15 game unbeaten run where we had teams pressuring us at various times did not happen so?

ya we're weak alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

It's ridiculous that this team is incapable of simply standing up like men and holding out. Make it cynical. A few strategic fouls. Knock a few heads off.

We're weak. And that means playing brilliant attacking football will only get us so far.

Noticed that myself, couple of times somebody should have pulled a player back but nobody did. Hendo was on a yellow and Can got one, but that might have been late on.

Gini goes missing in games, great in possession but in a game like that? Bit of a luxury player.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Alonso77 wrote: »
    so the results last season against Norwich away , Dortmund at home and the recent 15 game unbeaten run where we had teams pressuring us at various times did not happen so?

ya we're weak alright.

Did they really?

Norwich and Dortmund were mental. They were shootouts where we nicked it.

How many games in the last 15 were we really under pressure for decent periods? I don't remember watching a game and thinking 'phew, we held out', after an impressive defensive effort. I'm sure there was, but it's never been a characteristic of this team.

We fold easily too often IMO.

When Matip is there we look far more safe at the back.

I can't think of many times when we've looked dodgy at the back in those 15 games. Last 6 or 7 games up to today we looked pretty decent at the back for a change.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Did they really?

How many games in the last 15 were we really under pressure for decent periods? I don't remember watching a game and thinking 'phew, we held out', after an impressive defensive effort. I'm sure there was, but it's never been a characteristic of this team.

Put it another way, we didn't hold defensively in that game but if it hasn't happened in the last 15 games is it really "too often"?

We are obviously doing something right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Did they really?

so today was a shootout where they nicked it

We withstood some heavy pressure at the Bridge, defended brilliantly and won the game

today was horrible, no denying it but lets not pretend this is on the verge of happening every game cos its plainly not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Alonso77 wrote: »
    so today was a shootout where they nicked it

No it wasn't.

We were comfortable, and they came back with 3 unanswered goals.

That's folding.

And to answer someone else's point, I'm not saying 15 games unbeaten isn't impressive or we aren't doing something right. But we have an issue that's been there for at least a couple of years now and it needs sorting because it's undermining how far we've come.

• Advertisement

Fairly sure Dortmund and their fans would say they were comfortable in that game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

No it wasn't.

That's folding.

And to answer someone else's point, I'm not saying 15 games unbeaten isn't impressive or we aren't doing something right. But we have an issue that's been there for at least a couple of years now and it needs sorting because it's undermining how far we've come.

But we are always going to lose a game eventually. If we'd lost a game where we'd battered them and they scored a goal on the counter everyone would be saying we didn't learn from Burnley. There's been plenty of games this season where we closed them out in a comfortable manner. The heads went today and while there's no excuse for it, it does happen. We'll move on and hopefully get back to winning ways soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

No it wasn't.

That's folding.

Issue is squad is weak. Lucas at cb and orgi up front even though he did well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Three very well taken goals by Liverpool today.

Think I'll choose to forget the rest.

niallo27 wrote: »
    Issue is squad is weak. Lucas at cb and orgi up front even though he did well.

What?!? He's shown he's a premiership quality player and he's 21!!! He was not an issue today.

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    What?!? He's shown he's a premiership quality player and he's 21!!! He was not an issue today.

If we are talking about winning the league in the next few years he will not do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

I dunno, one week our squad is weak, another week our bench looks strong. I think we're reasonably well stocked in the attacking department though another finisher wouldn't go amiss - not sure if there's any truth in the Azmoun rumour but someone of that style would probably be a good fit.
    Further back though is where I think we look light. Matip out today so Lucas had to fill in and he just doesn't look like he performs well with Lovren. If Milner gets injured, we have to put up with the brainlessness of Moreno for another while. We could definitely strengthen but Klopp seems happy enough with the squad.

As a side note, how the fuck has Oliver not sent Rojo off for that tackle?

If we are talking about winning the league in the next few years he will not do.

As 3rd choice forward?!? Who has a better one?? Do you not think he will develop at all? I honestly can't comprehend this one. He's a very good player and he's 3rd choice striker. WHo's Arsenals 3rd choice? Chelsea? Citys?

mosstin wrote: »
    I dunno, one week our squad is weak, another week our bench looks strong. I think we're reasonably well stocked in the attacking department though another finisher wouldn't go amiss - not sure if there's any truth in the Azmoun rumour but someone of that style would probably be a good fit.
    Further back though is where I think we look light. Matip out today so Lucas had to fill in and he just doesn't look like he performs well with Lovren. If Milner gets injured, we have to put up with the brainlessness of Moreno for another while. We could definitely strengthen but Klopp seems happy enough with the squad.

As a side note, how the fuck has Oliver not sent Rojo off for that tackle?

You've just cost us the league with that comment.

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    As 3rd choice forward?!? Who has a better one?? Do you not think he will develop at all? I honestly can't comprehend this one. He's a very good player and he's 3rd choice striker. WHo's Arsenals 3rd choice? Chelsea? Citys?

Who is 2nd choice so. I don't trust him.

Who is 2nd choice so. I don't trust him.

Danny?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Van Dijk would an ideal signing. But probably some clubs who can offer more wages than us though.

NukaCola wrote: »
    Danny?

Can't rely on him. Serious investment needed.

Can't rely on him. Serious investment needed.

True, but when fit he would be seen as 2nd choice, maybe.

NukaCola wrote: »
    True, but when fit he would be seen as 2nd choice, maybe.

Just frustrating the right manager is there to start something special here. Go out and spend some money while things are going good

Sure you could get the 'right' manager spend a few hundred million and be mid table.

F*ck, there goes the League Cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I know it sounds like hindsight but I never agreed with Sakho bring frozen out. Too good.an asset for his alleged discretions.

Another poster summed it up brilliantly, but if Klavan is not.consider a better option at CB than Lucas then he shouldn't have been bought.

So gutted, such a throwaway.

Just frustrating the right manager is there to start something special here. Go out and spend some money while things are going good

Despite the fact that he's said on numerous occasions that this isn't how he operates? He needs to buy when we lose but the squad's ok when we win seems to be the train of thought here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

No need to go nucleolar.. it was a loss. Lessons will be learned.

Next..

mosstin wrote: »
    Despite the fact that he's said on numerous occasions that this isn't how he operates? He needs to buy when we lose but the squad's ok when we win seems to be the train of thought here.

I have always said the squad is not good enough. Klopp is so brilliant that he doing so well with a tight squad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

We went what,14 games unbeaten after our last loss...if we do the same again we'll be grand. Better than grand.

I have always said the squad is not good enough. Klopp is so brilliant that he doing so well with a tight squad.

If Klopp's happy with the squad and we can go 14 games unbeaten, the squad's good enough. Regardless of what you or I think. I think he's happy enough with what we have coming through to avoid spending big.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Also no more match threads from you please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,334 ✭✭✭Ardent

Karius cost us today, two bad mistakes. I'd rather have Mignolet back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,976 ✭✭✭doc_17

To win the league you need to invest serious money. It'd be a great achievement to get into the tip 4 this year. And no doubt the board will be happy as it'll improve their bottom line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

Admit it, Liverpool have been on a downwards slide since Andy Carroll was sold!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Liverpool need a bastard.

sword1 wrote: »
    Also no more match threads from you please

Don't worry never again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Ardent wrote: »
    Karius cost us today, two bad mistakes. I'd rather have Mignolet back.

Karius was a ****ing disgrace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Great to see the haters back in the match threads it has been 14 long games without them :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

noodler wrote: »
    I know it sounds like hindsight but I never agreed with Sakho bring frozen out. Too good.an asset for his alleged discretions.

Another poster summed it up brilliantly, but if Klavan is not.consider a better option at CB than Lucas then he shouldn't have been bought.

So gutted, such a throwaway.

This!
    When Lucas is the #3 centre back, you're in trouble. OK in a low key league cup game or if there is an injury crisis, but not as first alternate. Crazy stuff, goal #2 came with 20 or so mins left and whole team caught up the pitch. Need to be cleverer than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

We went what,14 games unbeaten after our last loss...if we do the same again we'll be grand. Better than grand.

Unless we draw them all. I won't stand for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I reckon we only signed Klavan to get into the Estionian market. Otherwise info know why Lucas is ahead of him at the back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Just a blip
    A freak of a game
    Typical Premier League
    Nothing to worry about
    Games like this happen to everyone

brevity wrote: »
    Liverpool need a bastard.

Or a keeper who can hold and catch a ball

• Advertisement

Good man Fellani.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Safe to show my face again, humour thread was getting started quick, that should slow it again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

K-9 wrote: »
    Good man Fellani.

Super-Sub

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Bless them, they're looking a great shout for fifth place.

K-9 wrote: »
    Good man Fellani.

Did salvage something from this disaster of a day.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement