Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

martyos121 wrote:
    Bless them, they're looking a great shout for fifth place.

If we continue defending like today we'll be not too far off them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Fowler87 wrote: »
    If we continue defending like today we'll be not too far off them

We're 9 clear of them, essentially 10 when you look at the goal difference. Did 14 games unbeaten mean absolutely nothing to you? Matip will be back very soon, maybe even for the next game. I think you're being overly pessimistic there tbh.

Ardent wrote:
    Karius cost us today, two bad mistakes. I'd rather have Mignolet back.

Id rather Steve Staunton in goal out of the two.

We need to invest in January. Reliable keeper is essential :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Augeo wrote: »
    I do hope he'll recover but he's looking a fairly sh1t keeper to me. Take away the well rated in Germany stuff and he's done little if anything in an LFC shirt to inspire any confidence.
    NukaCola wrote: »
    Its may be harsh but thats where I am also.

Genuine question so, either of you two able to name a keeper that came into the premier league and looked very good to excellent immediately? We have never had one so was curious if they even exist!!

K-9 wrote: »
    Good man Fellani.

It's great that they are so rubbish. Hoped they can nick a draw next week v spurs though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Good man Fellani.

In fairness to Mourinho, he's still making game changing substitutions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

martyos121 wrote: »
    We're 9 clear of them, essentially 10 when you look at the goal difference. Did 14 games unbeaten mean absolutely nothing to you? Matip will be back very soon, maybe even for the next game. I think you're being overly pessimistic there tbh.

seems like some are chomping at the bit to overreact to every setback. We were all raging after Burnley but went on a great run, could easily go on another ....... as long as Matip plays!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

ebbsy wrote: »
    Karius was a ****ing disgrace.

Was hoping after 2 clean sheets (Not all down to him) there be some change. Kloop may need to bring Minoglet in. Another keeper needed but the defence needss to get better also even if we do get a brilliant keeper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Those 3 goals we scored were super finishes.

martyos121 wrote:

Pessimistic? You're the one comparing us to them who essentially aren't even challengers for the league this year now.

Matip will boost the defence no doubt but as Carra said on sky this isnt a quick fix to sort this Liverpool defence. I'm sure Klopp realise this more so than ever today.

No denying the run was great though. Shame it had to end like that today

• Advertisement

mormank wrote: »
    Genuine question so, either of you two able to name a keeper that came into the premier league and looked very good to excellent immediately? We have never had one so was curious if they even exist!!

Very good/Excellent? I'd settle for being able to hold a football or catch a cross.

So if I cant name a good GK that was excellent then Karius will turn out to be great? Without doing any thinking I'll say Reina looked pretty good immediately, hows that?

Karius may improve, and i hope so, I dont like writing young players off but he has been poor for us and cost us today. I'm not allowed to criticise bad performances?

Alonso77 wrote: »
    seems like some are chomping at the bit to overreact to every setback. We were all raging after Burnley but went on a great run, could easily go on another ....... as long as Matip plays!

https://twitter.com/peterjharvey/status/805434357544550400

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Cech, Courtois, Begovic, VDS, Reina, Lloris, Schmeichel. All 7 looked great when they came in. The odd mistake is standard, but overall they looked top class.

Thats just off the top of my head. With a few minutes to think about it, you could probably think of about 30.

Simple fast is Liverpool dont have a top keeper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,646 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Half watching the game today and while karius was bad , remember so was DDG for his first season. Though he does not look to be our answer.
    My major worry is klopps game management. It seems his only weak point. He doesn't adjust his team as early as he should ( imo) depending on the ebb and flow of a game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Very disappointed with the loss from the position we were in. It does happens though and we were on a very good run, had to end sometime. Karius is having a tough time, but we cannot afford that type of pefprformance too often, with Matip back hopefully we might see less of his mistakes.
    Also, great to see Klopp going over and congratulating the Bournemouth players and singling out I've for a big hug. He really is a legend of a manager and we are very lucky to have him. Every season has its blips, how we react is what matters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

brevity wrote: »
    Liverpool need a bastard.

Liverpool need a solid keeper. The rest of the team are grand. Chelsea, Spurs, Utd, Arsenal and even Southampton all have strong keepers. Christ even Sunderland and Burnley have good ones. If you don't concede, you get point(s). Everything is going well, yet everytime the opposition attack, they seem to score.
    We've never really replaced Reina (by no means a world beater but he knew that keeping a clean sheet got us a champions league spot more often than not). Fist it behind, boot it the length of the pitch or catch it but for the love of Fowler, don't knock it down to the opposition in your own box.

I wouldn't off hand to be honest :)
    Despite that I feel Karius is looking not great in general and was tremendously sh1t today. I've seen nothing to suggest he's any better than Mignolet or dare I say I don't think he's as good as Mig given what we've seen :)

Now, I don't think I saw him play before he signed for us so I can't comment on the well regarded in Germany thing.
    ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Also, great to see Klopp going over and congratulating the Bournemouth players and singling out I've for a big hug.......

That was brilliant alright. Ibe was well chuffed I'd say :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

What the hell is the problem with keepers lately, not just Karius, but most keepers now seem to punch everything instead of trying to make a catch. Can understand it when going above defenders and attackers, but one shot today was straight at Karius and when he punched it it skewed over the bar, could have very easily ended up in the back of the net.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I'm less annoyed with the keeper than I am about the shower of sh'ite that couldn't stop a fresh sub creating mayhem by the simple act of being fast and full of beans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

mosstin wrote: »
    If Klopp's happy with the squad and we can go 14 games unbeaten, the squad's good enough. Regardless of what you or I think. I think he's happy enough with what we have coming through to avoid spending big.

While I don't necessarily disagree that the squad is good enough your rationale is way too simplistic and faulty. The strength of the squad isn't really tested until you have a few injuries to key players at the same time. During that undefeated run this did not happen until Sunderland last time out in the league when Coutinho got injured. From today is when we discover if the squad is good enough, especially with Matip being injured also. Today will have to go down as a failure for the squad if you ask me. Composure is what was missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

I really think this season is Liverpool's best shot at winning a title and getting back into elite of football.

The big teams(with money) are regrouping and as proved by Leicester a well organised team of average players can win the EPL.

Klopp is an excellent coach and the title is there for the taking as long as Liverpool don't choke against teams like Bournemouth too often.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Matip brings an awful lot of calmness and compusure to the defence. Without him Lovren was back to playing like a headbanger today.

Liverpool were so comfortable today that losing that game is just dreadful. Bournemouth didn't even play well. Were handed the game by us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I know lets buy Van Dijk - oh wait....:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

I'm sorry to say our defense isn't good enough to win the title and it's not just one game i'm reacting to, we concede far too many goals even in games we win. We'll get top 4 i'm very confident of that and hopefully win the Cup, But we're not a title winning team this year, Klopp is building something i'v every faith in him that we will win the title with him in charge but i'd be very surprised if it was this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Freak result
    We have shown consistency
    This is a game we played well in
    We were in control until gods stepped in
    Celta Vigo 4 Barcelona 3
    Freak results happen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Freak result
    We have shown consistency
    This is a game we played well in
    We were in control until gods stepped in
    Celta Vigo 4 Barcelona 3
    Freak results happen

^^^^ This

It happens, invincibles we are not... yet.

I think Karius will have a few more hiccups before he becomes the concrete first team keeper.

And my god did we miss Matip today.

Korat wrote: »
    I really think this season is Liverpool's best shot at winning a title and getting back into elite of football.

The big teams(with money) are regrouping and as proved by Leicester a well organised team of average players can win the EPL.

Klopp is an excellent coach and the title is there for the taking as long as Liverpool don't choke against teams like Bournemouth too often.

I dont agree with the league being there for the taking at all. And as for Leicester they ran nearly unopposed last season. We have to contend with Man City, Arsenal and Chelsea all improving on last season even Spurs aren't that far behind either. Thats 5 teams with little between them at the moment. The same couldn't be said last season.

I'm sorry to say our defense isn't good enough to win the title and it's not just one game i'm reacting to, we concede far too many goals even in games we win. We'll get top 4 i'm very confident of that and hopefully win the Cup, But we're not a title winning team this year, Klopp is building something i'v every faith in him that we will win the title with him in charge but i'd be very surprised if it was this year.

I agree.

Top 4 is a must. A title challenge would be nice. Either way a lot of football to be played and if we continue as we have been we'll be in good shape in May.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

any word on mane

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

any word on mane

Yeah and what was up with Matip? Any word on Sturridge?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Not everything is doom and gloom.

A 21 year average striker with 7 goals in his last 8 starts.

7jPBURh.jpg

I dont agree with the league being there for the taking at all.

That sounds like defeatism.

Leicester were a nothing until they believed in themselves and look what they achieved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,665 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Leicester were a nothing until they believed in themselves and look what they achieved.

Leicester can defend winning positions though.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

A lot of things went right for Leicester not solely belief. Leicester won it with the lowest amount of points in 5 or so years. No-one challenged them. This season will be different.

Table after 14 games last season....
    1.Manchester City 29
    2.Leicester City 29
    3.Manchester United 28
    4.Arsenal 27
    5.Tottenham Hotspur 25
    6.Liverpool 23

3 games after that Leicester are 6 ahead of City and 14 ahead of us...

That's why writing anyone off so quick is insane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Can't believe you have all fallen for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

RoboKlopp wrote: »

14 point swing between ourselves and United compared to last year.

3 games after that Leicester are 6 ahead of City and 14 ahead of us...

That's why writing anyone off so quick is insane.

Just to be clear, I'm not writing anyone off I just think that the league will be more difficult to win than last year, or at least more competitive......

Quote:
    1.Manchester City 29
    2.Leicester City 29
    3.Manchester United 28
    4.Arsenal 27
    5.Tottenham Hotspur 25
    6.Liverpool 23Table after 14 games last season...

It's on!

• Advertisement

?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

?

Check you PMs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Jaysus, Jose has won 9 out of his last 30 PL games, a 30% success rate. It'll drop to his tax rate soon.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

?
    Check you PMs

:confused:

Jaysus, Jose has won 9 out of his last 30 PL games, a 30% success rate. It'll drop to his tax rate soon.

That's beating his tax contribution... and mine :P

One win in over two months of football and Spurs next

Karius penalty save attempt is a joke, half hearted fall to his left.
    That shot at end was easy take considering he did get behind it ,and did read it well, he just spilt it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,646 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

If Mig performed like that today this forum wwiuld be lit up ..
    early days for karius but he cost the team 2 goals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Very honest assessment.

Chalk and cheese compared to that of the cranky one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement