Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Newport or Plymouth at home!

paulie21 wrote: »
    Home to Newport or Plymouth

Cheek of ye stealing my thunder, I was doing the draw ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

That'll do. Play the kids etc! :pac:

Won't be on TV though being at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Will defo be the kids coming straight after 2 games in 48 hours against City and Sunderland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Dunno about that the BBC have breaking news as Newport or Plymouth to visit Liverpool guess we will find out over the next couple of days

Also breaking news recent torturer of Liverpool, Bolasie will miss the derby game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

His humour is just average as well!:P:pac:
    https://twitter.com/DivockOrigi/status/805876176166289408
    We go again ��

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

SlickRic wrote: »
    That was an embarrassment.

That puts any tentative talk of the title to bed for me. Would you see Chelsea do that? Would have seen Leicester last season do it?

For 3 years now, we have been fúcking brittle mentally. It seems we can't withstand an ounce of pressure without folding. Let's be honest, Bournemouth didn't play well to get back in it.

Klopp hasn't managed to break that hold. We're fine as long as we're controlling the tempo of the game. Once Mané went off, that was lost as we'd nothing up front to stretch or really run at them.

It's ridiculous that this team is incapable of simply standing up like men and holding out. Make it cynical. A few strategic fouls. Knock a few heads off.

We're weak. And that means playing brilliant attacking football will only get us so far.
    I agree entirely, for me Henderson is a total weak link in midfield, how the hell he's captain is beyond me, did you see him for the winning goal, he had his man marked and then let him run once that idiot of a goalkeeper spilled it. We're simply not good enough to win the league as things stand.

200motels wrote: »
    I agree entirely, for me Henderson is a total weak link in midfield, how the hell he's captain is beyond me, did you see him for the winning goal, he had his man marked and then let him run once that idiot of a goalkeeper spilled it. We're simply not good enough to win the league as things stand.

Henderson has been very good this season. No idea what games you have been watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Mr.H wrote: »
    I think we need a Left back, Center back and a midfield enforcer.

Milner has done great work but is not a long term solution.

A partner for Matip is badly needed as is a proper defensive midfielder who can win the ball before it gets to our defence

Seen Jurgen giving Harry Arter a big hug yesterday after the game ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Only found out there that Kevin De Bruyne is a Liverpool fan. His favourite player was Michael Owen though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Why are we in Barearselona , was this trip planned before the defeat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

They hardly planned it after, sure.

Selling them Coutinho the whole squad just went over to say their goodbyes.

Barearselona! I like it! No idea about when the trip was planned, personally I'd have them in for double sessions after that shambles at the weekend, not off on a jolly!

Barearselona! I like it! No idea about when the trip was planned, personally I'd have them in for double sessions after that shambles at the weekend, not off on a jolly!

Little to be gained by focussing on the negative IMO, mire chance of a positive bounce this way I reckon.

In saying that many of them might prefer to be at home with family than in Spain, not really a holiday anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Shirley Klopp knows we should close games out, we all do. But in all fairness we want to see team that is 2-0 up to go on and score 5. We do expect it, and want it .
    We need to see bigger picture, fans and Klopp. At 3-1 we should have asked full backs to stop bombing forward, and for midfield to pass them to death.
    To bore and frustrate teams that we are leading 2-0 against is annoying to everyone, but it's what the Champions tend to do.
    You win the game at 2-0 in 20 mins, and end game 2-0 and take the points. Klopp is over confident maybe and doesn't contain a result, he is happy for team to express even at 3-1, we all are.
    Klopp is honest and doesn't BS people, he knows we fuccked up, that it's our fault.

Reporter'' did you have hair transplant''
    Klopp '' yes, looks so much better doesn't it ''
    No BS, Just straight to the point.

LOL John W. Henry is trolling now.

https://twitter.com/HLNinEngeland/status/805915258825084929
    Firmino has a €98m clause that can't be triggered by #AFC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

That is fantastic if true...

Lloris has a fairly decent clause himself. £4k if Spurs lose and £8K if they win. Win win.

EDIT - Just noticed that Spurs have drawn 6 games so far. He's not getting the right end of that deal at the moment. No wonder there are reports linking him with a move at the end of the season.

Alderweireld's release clause is only £25m worth a punt £25m+£1.

Kondogbia on loan in January is in the back pages.

Jose Fonte rejects contract offer will be allowed to leave in January - I'd get him in no question.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Jose Fonte rejects contract offer will be allowed to leave in January - I'd get him in no question.

There's not many clubs in the league that wouldn't be improved by him (can't see him starting for Arsenal, Spurs or City actually), but my money would be on Fonte to United. There was a lot of strong links in the summer and Jose probably sees him as an ideal partner for Smalling, Jones, Bailly, etc.

I think he'd be a great partner for Lovren or Matip, and would avoid us having to play Lucas there when we are missing one of them.

I like Lucas, but we need to be stronger in the defence than we were on Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

If Fonts goes it's hard to see Southampton allowing Van Djirk leave so soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Fonte turns 33 later this month, lads. Can't see that happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Fonte is 32, too old for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Its not like we haven't bought a 30 something CB before though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭xabi

Shirley Klopp knows we should close games out, we all do. But in all fairness we want to see team that is 2-0 up to go on and score 5. We do expect it, and want it .
    We need to see bigger picture, fans and Klopp. At 3-1 we should have asked full backs to stop bombing forward, and for midfield to pass them to death.
    To bore and frustrate teams that we are leading 2-0 against is annoying to everyone, but it's what the Champions tend to do.
    You win the game at 2-0 in 20 mins, and end game 2-0 and take the points. Klopp is over confident maybe and doesn't contain a result, he is happy for team to express even at 3-1, we all are.
    Klopp is honest and doesn't BS people, he knows we fuccked up, that it's our fault.

Reporter'' did you have hair transplant''
    Klopp '' yes, looks so much better doesn't it ''
    No BS, Just straight to the point.

Jurgen's wife?

Knex. wrote: »
    Fonte turns 33 later this month, lads. Can't see that happening.

On a free transfer why not?
    He'll add to the squad immediately, quite likely put Lovren on the bench.

Looking to next season and European football (hopefully) a 33 year old CB would be great for loads of our games.

Augeo wrote: »
    On a free transfer why not?
    He'll add to the squad immediately, quite likely put Lovren on the bench.

Looking to next season and European football (hopefully) a 33 year old CB would be great for loads of our games.

I just really don't see Klopp or FSG going for it, to be honest. Center back pairings need time to develop with each other as well, so I'd rather keep Matip and Lovren together than adding another variable to the defense, in all honesty. Especially when that player is 33. The drop off at that age can be quite sudden.

If Van Dijk becomes available next summer for 30m+, and Liverpool think they can get him, then by all means. But the Fonte thing makes little sense to me.

It really doesn't strike me a Klopp deal. Just look at our January transfer window last year as well, and Klopp's interviews and way of handling it etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

David Squires on Liverpool

https://www.theguardian.com/football/picture/2016/dec/06/david-squires-on-jurgen-klopp-and-bournemouth-4-3-liverpool

Henderson eating the cinnamon stick and Klopp giving out to him is the highlight.

brevity wrote: »
    David Squires on Liverpool

https://www.theguardian.com/football/picture/2016/dec/06/david-squires-on-jurgen-klopp-and-bournemouth-4-3-liverpool

Henderson eating the cinnamon stick and Klopp giving out to him is the highlight.

You just know he looked at that when he finished it, shook his head a bit, shrugged, said, "Feck it, its Christmas", and then submitted it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

You just know he looked at that when he finished it, shook his head a bit, shrugged, said, "Feck it, its Christmas", and then submitted it.

Not one of his best tbf.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Jeezzz, Sahko releasing training videos of himself now.

Boom_Bap wrote: »

Owen Hargreaves style videos? :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Not as high budget as Hargreaves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Could only bring myself to look at the goals of the Bournemouth game again this morning. Karius really was poor for the 2nd goal as well. Should have saved it. Not like it was even in the corner. He just seemed slow to react to it.

Fonte is a top class defender and would have been a solid buy 3/4 seasons ago and I'm surprised he wasn't picked up by a bigger team when Southampton were selling players left right and centre over those seasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Boom_Bap wrote: »

is there a brochure too?

is there a brochure too?

Painting them by hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

Hi Folks,
    Im an Arsenal fan (I come in peace :) )
    Im going to my first liverpool game on sunday with my brother (liverpool fan)
    And was wondering if you could tell me, where would be roughly the best spot to go before the game for a few beers?
    Also will liverpool be busy on the sunday night after game - night life wise.

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

DeclanRe wrote: »
    Hi Folks,
    Im an Arsenal fan (I come in peace :) )
    Im going to my first liverpool game on sunday with my brother (liverpool fan)
    And was wondering if you could tell me, where would be roughly the best spot to go before the game for a few beers?
    Also will liverpool be busy on the sunday night after game - night life wise.

Thanks!

There are about 5 pubs within a 2 minute walk of Anfield. They are all going to be mobbed pre and post match, and are all similar standard (i.e. not that salubrious). You won't have a problem finding one anyhow.

As for Sunday nights, all UK cities are a bit dead, and Liverpool is little better. Mathew Street area is probably your best bet, so the cavern pub or one of the louder places down the road (or Flanagans apple if you want the obligatory Irish pub around there). It won't be too busy but should have a few around anyhow. Concert Square is the other main going out area in the city centre, but it's not really a Sunday night place I think.

O'Neills usually has a decent sized crowd though as well and is very central, but again could be empty as it's been a while since I've been out there on a Sunday night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

With Joe Gomez returning and Klavan too I can't see Fonte being bought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

LOL John W. Henry is trolling now.

https://twitter.com/HLNinEngeland/status/805915258825084929
    Firmino has a €98m clause that can't be triggered by #AFC

I suppose for Arsenal to trigger it they have to add an extra €1 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Mane and matip both trained supposedly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

5starpool wrote: »
    There are about 5 pubs within a 2 minute walk of Anfield. They are all going to be mobbed pre and post match, and are all similar standard (i.e. not that salubrious). You won't have a problem finding one anyhow.

As for Sunday nights, all UK cities are a bit dead, and Liverpool is little better. Mathew Street area is probably your best bet, so the cavern pub or one of the louder places down the road (or Flanagans apple if you want the obligatory Irish pub around there). It won't be too busy but should have a few around anyhow. Concert Square is the other main going out area in the city centre, but it's not really a Sunday night place I think.

O'Neills usually has a decent sized crowd though as well and is very central, but again could be empty as it's been a while since I've been out there on a Sunday night.

Cheers dude! :)

• Advertisement

Fieldog wrote: »

It's ok we have Lucas as cover Yep, we'd be fcked!

Dirk Kuyt being the hero we always knew him to be.

https://streamable.com/lcra

Man, we have some great foreign players & characters from that Benitez era. Kuyt, Alonso, Agger, Reina, and Torres to be fair, just to name a few.

Even the Houllier era before that with the likes of Hamman, Hyypia, and Risse.

Maybe it was just because I was younger, but I don't really feel the same affinity towards that many of our players these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Sensible article here on overreaction to Sunday's defeat and judging players when we're not really in a position to do so.

Dirk Kuyt being the hero we always knew him to be.

https://streamable.com/lcra

Man, we have some great foreign players & characters from that Benitez era. Kuyt, Alonso, Agger, Reina, and Torres to be fair, just to name a few.

Even the Houllier era before that with the likes of Hamman, Hyypia, and Risse.

Maybe it was just because I was younger, but I don't really feel the same affinity towards that many of our players these days.

You can't have that much affinity to Riise! :pac:

Fieldog wrote: »

If they call him up and he refuses to go FIFA can ban him from playing for Liverpool for as long Cameroon are still in the tournament.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement