Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

****e teams are gonna look at that performance. 2 goals down and they'll still thinking game on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

You can't have that much affinity to Riise! :pac:

Certainly not as much affinity as Bellamy's eight iron had with his skull. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

If they call him up and he refuses to go FIFA can ban him from playing for Liverpool for as long Cameroon are still in the tournament.

Hopefully he'll "feel his groin" at the appropriate time...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

corwill wrote: »
    Hopefully he'll "feel his groin" at the appropriate time...

Oddly enough, that excuse doesn't work for me at my job. They tell me to do that in my own time.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Oddly enough, that excuse doesn't work for me at my job. They tell me to do that in my own time.

Try harder!

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭DaveSuarez

Knex. wrote: »
    Dirk Kuyt being the hero we always knew him to be.

https://streamable.com/lcra

Man, we have some great foreign players & characters from that Benitez era. Kuyt, Alonso, Agger, Reina, and Torres to be fair, just to name a few.

Even the Houllier era before that with the likes of Hamman, Hyypia, and Risse.

Maybe it was just because I was younger, but I don't really feel the same affinity towards that many of our players these days.

Torres leaving left me dead inside, haven't felt the same about any player since.

God I loved that man when he was here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Mane passed fit.

Matip expected back for the weekend.

Daniel still not feeling 100% and didn't go on the bonding trip to Spain.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-injury-fears-eased-sadio-12282980

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Sulking isn't he? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

It's a real pity as this is his chance to make himself undroppable. If he came into the team in the left wing forward role (where Coutiniho has been playing) he could score plenty of goals considering how we have been playing. So it's a real pity that when he's called upon he is injured once more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭bennyineire

DaveSuarez wrote: »
    Torres leaving left me dead inside, haven't felt the same about any player since.

Indeed it felt like the girlfriend doing the dirty on me on a flash git nobody likes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

I wasn't that upset.. his standard of play had already substantially dropped and his lack of desire/interest when he was on the pitch for us at that stage was shocking. I think in the six months before he left, his only good game was against Chelsea, who he wanted to sign for.
    I did dislike him for leaving still. Kinda made us look like a sinking ship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Sulking isn't he? :D

Probably would've ended up with DVT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Tusky wrote: »
    It's a real pity as this is his chance to make himself undroppable. If he came into the team in the left wing forward role (where Coutiniho has been playing) he could score plenty of goals considering how we have been playing. So it's a real pity that when he's called upon he is injured once more.

Jaysus, Sturridge is barely mobile as a no.9, I couldn't see him running away from the opposition goals to actually defend for us.

Tusky wrote: »

He'll be gone in the summer, that Iranian Sardar Azmoun looks somewhat similar to Origi in the vids I've seen of him. Hard working, hard running while not being the most 'technical' at a glance.

He starts for Rostov v PSV tonight I'll give it watch for the first half.

Just got sent this on Facebook.

This Is Your Life - Bob Paisley

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Just got sent this on Facebook.

This Is Your Life - Bob Paisley

Watched this earlier. What a great, great man he was. My favourite Liverpool manager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

mosstin wrote: »
    Watched this earlier. What a great, great man he was. My favourite Liverpool manager.

Yep. Same here.

My favourite Liverpool manager.
    Yep. Same here.

And same here.

Were ye all supporting LFC in the 70s?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Augeo wrote: »

I was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

CzBPmxZXEAAGqIc.jpg
    F*cking day-trippers with their damn phones :rolleyes:

Lucas got a picture of himself on is iPhone protection case now that is Boss :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Few football journos tweeting this evening that Liverpool have no interest in Van Dijk. Whoever has been feeding them that info.

Fonte it is then!

I was.

Yup, so was I.

• Advertisement

1970s or 1870s?

mav79 wrote: »
    F*cking day-trippers with their damn phones :rolleyes:

His jacket is :cool:

And same here.
    I was going to join in but i don't think much of the rest of the club so I'll opt out:P

But he still is anyway
    1970s or 1870s?
    We're the 1970, Harry.

You're the only remnant of the original supporters club:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 307 ✭✭kildare75

DaveSuarez wrote: »

i have to admit it broke my heart the night he left for Chelsea, it hurt almost as much as Rush signing for Juventus...back in the day

when I think what we could have achieved with torres ( a fully focused one...and not the sh1te who wasn't bothered for a few months before he left) and suarez, it makes me a little sad inside.

As for favorite managers, I was lucky to grow up back in the 70's and 80's when we were the top team. we had genuine class in every position and that includes managers, so I was blessed for choice but I have to say, for me Rafa was the one who stood out,he never really got the chance to show how good he could have been with us.
    Istanbul was the ultimate miracle, how that team won that game..... ( still the greatest moment of my life... the wife doesn't read boards...) he wasn't given the proper support by the owners to really give it a lash in the league.
    Its always been a case of what ifs? and maybes? since King Kenny lead us to the last league, but there is something about Klopp that makes me really believe we are on the right road, the odd hiccup will happen, granted, but he will get us over the line, eventually.
    and well as Vincent Hogan once wrote about Rafa, the day or so after Istanbul ..i hope to be able to finally say,' thanks for making a sad man very happy'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

CzB66H-XUAASKKo.jpg:large

• Advertisement

Lallana likes to concentrate on game, so he pretends he is eating an apple so no one speaks to him .

CzB2XsbXUAAizKt.jpg

CzB05YtVEAAF_ui.jpg

Milner '' what you think of game''

Lallana gives the '' I'm eating an apple '' look .

628061378.jpg?w=620&h=412&crop=1

I wonder what MIlner is deep in thought about, o wait ..

Capture.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Roy Hodgson for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

CzB66H-XUAASKKo.jpg:large

Joe Achterberg in the front not even get a number? :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

just realised that Bournemouth game played out the same way as the dortmund game. Now I know how they felt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,649 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

rob316 wrote: »
    just realised that Bournemouth game played out the same way as the dortmund game. Now I know how they felt.

No wonder their champions league game against Warsaw finished 8-4 . A pattern in defence ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭jem

yep

• Advertisement

TIA speculating that Quincy Promes, a Dutch 24yo who can function in a few forward positions for Spartak Moscow, may be a target for £25m in January.

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2016/12/spartak-moscow-ready-sell-liverpool-target-quincy-promes-winter-signing/

On a slightly funnier note, the Liverpool Whatsapp group reaction to Roberto Firminos release clause:)

http://www.90min.in/posts/4226124-revealed-liverpool-squad-react-on-whatsapp-to-roberto-firmino-s-anti-arsenal-contract-leak?a_aid=36652

Emphasis on "slightly", Buf!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

kfallon wrote: »
    Joe Achterberg in the front not even get a number? :o

Or Mane behind Lallana!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Have to say Yes :) Started in 1971

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Roy Hodgson for me.

+1 he had a certain charisma and charm, plus his experience was invaluable, not only a success in the PL, also in Switzerland and Scandinavia. Tactically astute as well.

+1 he had a certain charisma and charm, plus his experience was invaluable, not only a success in the PL, also in Switzerland and Scandinavia. Tactically astute as well.

Eh...........

Tactically a something, alright, but I'm not sure I'd be allowed to post it here.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Eh...........

Ah here, nobody and I mean nobody could take that seriously.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Have to say Yes :) Started in 1971

Me too, since 1977 when Utd beat them in the cup final and Liverpool went onto win the European Cup a few days later. Almost did the treble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

K-9 wrote: »
    Ah here, nobody and I mean nobody could take that seriously.

Ah heyor, nobody could have took that eh... seriously! Not even Shirley Klopp.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement