Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Good to see everyone getting on the same page about Daniel. :)

Still think Origi's being underrated a by quite a few though.

Not by me, I brought him into my Fantasy Football team last week as an Aguero replacement. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

To be fair, most strikers are, for the want of a better word, a bit greedy by nature. Shearer, Fowler, Rush, etc etc.

Sturridge is the same. It's not a bad thing, it's usually a good thing in most teams, it's what makes them, it's instinctive.

It's not our way under Klopp but most teams would want a striker who has a bit of a selfish streak. Give them the ball and they'll score.

I can fully see JMysterios point to be honest. And he is an excellent player. (Sturridge I mean. Haven't had the privilege of watching Mysterio play :D )

Well yeah I get all that however the OP was trying to claim that sturridge was being clever when shooting from these ridiculous angles when a much much better pass is on that to try the shot. It's greediness, not cleverness is all I was saying. Not disputing the fact that strikers often need a selfish streak, simply disputing it being called clever. If he shoots from these stupid (imo) angles 10 times when the pass was on and one goes in you can't call that 1 attempt clever when just passing those 10 shots would have yielded more goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Glanced over the article quickly just. Is the guy lying or what is the craic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

mormank wrote: »
    So does that mean that when the striker doesn't score or get chances it is everyone else's fault too?

Attack and defence are entirely different dynamics. If the ball is at the feet of the striker then his job is to score, (it's also the job of any player who has the ball at his feet in front of goal to varying degrees). The first job of the striker without the ball is to stop the other side from scoring - be it 80 yards from goal or 8 yards from goal depending on circumstances (open play v set piece)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Glanced over the article quickly just. Is the guy lying or what is the craic?
    When they went through his statement, he was using other peoples second hand accounts of what happened and those have been discredited.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Hate shouting for a Tony pulis team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I blame niallo for that goal. jinx.

9 in a row for Chelsea

Why didn't he just boot the ball into the crowd. West Brom were fairly comfortable

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Yeah f**kin stupid by McAuley. Awful defending. Was a lovely finish though in fairness, much as I hate the git.

niallo27 wrote: »
    Why didn't he just boot the ball into the crowd. West Brom were fairly comfortable

Something I have often said to myself when Liverpool are defending. Always boot it when under pressure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Could do with a win today lads, is Matip likely to play?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

niallo27 wrote: »
    Hate shouting for a Tony pulis team.

Mourinho pays millions to play like a Tony Pulis team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Could do with a win today lads, is Matip likely to play?

Yeah he's meant to be back today alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Chelsea look really good. They can hold a lead also. Early yet but they are making the best of their good run.

• Advertisement

NukaCola wrote: »
    Chelsea look really good. They can hold a lead also. Early yet but they are making the best of their good run.

They do but it's early yet. West Brom were quite comfortable before giving away a soft goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

And they closed up shop ten mins from the end to secure the win something we badly need to learn how to do

Liverpool being linked very strongly with Ivorian DM/CB Franck Kessie - talk of his agent flying in for talks
    Philippe Coutinho
    @LFC_NO10

Gazzetta dello Sport: #LFC have taken
    the most concrete steps to sign Franck #Kessie, his agent George Atangana is to visit #LFC

Liverpool being linked very strongly with Ivorian DM/CB Franck Kessie - talk of his agent flying in for talks
    6 goals in 14 games for a DM/CM/CB is some return in Italian football.

http://www.transfermarkt.ie/franck-kessie/profil/spieler/294808

But there is always the Italian-signing-problem that we almost always seem to come up against:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

But there is always the Italian-signing-problem that we almost always seem to come up against:(

All those Italian signings were in fact Italians I think. Dossena, Aquilani, Borini, Mario, Padelli... anyone else I missed?

Sign non-Italians, problem solved :pac:

• Advertisement

NukaCola wrote: »
    They could also face a points deduction for failure to control their players.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/chelsea/chelsea-face-prospect-of-premier-league-points-deduction-for-failing-to-control-its-players-35284888.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

But, but, but ... he's from Cote d'Ivoire and the last one of them that we signed didn't prove to be too bad a signing.

Also is it just me or does he look like Mike Tyson with hair?
    294808-1479801966.jpg?lm=1479802002

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Talisman wrote: »
    But, but, but ... he's from Cote d'Ivoire and the last one of them that we signed didn't prove to be too bad a signing.

Also is it just me or does he look like Mike Tyson with hair?
    294808-1479801966.jpg?lm=1479802002

How old is he? Add 10 and that'll be his real age.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Breaking News!!!!!

The Topknot is gone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,652 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Breaking News!!!!!

The Topknot is gone!

Thank fcuk!!

Confirmed Lineup: Karius, Clyne, Lovren, Matip, Milner, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Lallana, Mane, Origi, Firmino

Mignolet, Moreno, Klavan, Lucas, Alexander-Arnold, Ejaria, Woodburn

Can now injured!

Matip back. This is all that matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Seriously weak bench, hopefully they won't be needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Seriously weak bench, hopefully they won't be needed.

Came on to say that.

Worrying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Only two goals from substitutes this season in the league. On one hand, it's worrying that we aren't getting enough impact off the bench but on the other hand, we were top not long ago even with that small return so we clearly aren't a team that relies too heavily on the replacements.

The one clear fault in Klopp as a manager is that he often makes changes far too late when the game has been turning against us. It's crucial he gets his timing right now with such a mediocre bench.

• Advertisement

Adam Lallana again. Pivotal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

What a useless useless excuse for a goalie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

May as well be playing with 10, what good is a keeper who can't make saves? A dig-out to help the team every now and then would be nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

Sell Karius in January he's awful, spend the money and bring a genuine quality keeper to the club, we're badly handicapping ourselves with such a liability in goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

Shambolic at the back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Is he actually a goalkeeper by trade?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

On the plus side we won't be going in 2 up at half time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Never thought I'd say this but bring on Migs please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

It shouldn't take one small deflection to concede a goal.

Defending is built around redundancy and safety nets.
    We don't have any.
    If you're having to be perfect to ever be able to keep a clean sheet then it's not the defenders' fault.

It's no wonder we're so prone to errors leading to goals. It must be as terrifying defending for us as it is against us.

We're again showing we don't have the personnel to pull this kind of football off at the highest level.
    Doesn't mean we should stop trying though. It's good craic if nothing else.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

We won't be winning anything with that clown between the sticks. Pathetic excuse of a keeper. Never thought I'd see the day I wanted Mignolet back in. Jesus.

Grayditch wrote: »
    Is he actually a goalkeeper by trade?

Doesn't look like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Really don't think either goal was the fault of Karius, just **** happens sort of thing.

Anyway, i've done enough jinxing for today i'll turn off NBC and turn on sky for the second half, we'll be grand.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Down 2-1 at ht. I genuinely do not want to see Karius again. Enough is enough.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Really don't think either goal was the fault of Karius, just **** happens sort of thing.

....except this shít is happening ALL the time at the moment.

Most frustrating thing about Karius is that - a little bit like Mignolet - he comes out midweek on social media defending himself and having a crowd-pleasing dig at Neville and then goes between the sticks on a Sunday and is - again - unable to master the basics of his job.
    If we stick with him in this spell of games, things will get a lot worse before they get any better.

• Advertisement

Anyway, i've done enough jinxing for today i'll turn off NBC and turn on sky for the second half, we'll be grand.

Shit happens to him A LOT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

We should really try to get Joe Hart in the transfer window. Imagine the stability he would bring to our defence?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Karius was poor for the free but being a Liverpool keeper has to be the worst job in football. Fans just waiting to jump on your back at every mistake. Half the posters here are a disgrace.

He's awful for both IMO. Too easily exposed for the second, in fairness, but he just doesn't seem to be able to keep the ball out in those situations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Karius confidence is gone. Needs a spell out the team now.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement