Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Too much fannying about, not enough steel. The energy is missing is recent games as much as anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Lads don't forget it's only 10 games Karius has played now you're not entitled to an opinion on him , just stick with blind faith because Klopp bought him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Karius was poor for the free but being a Liverpool keeper has to be the worst job in football. Fans just waiting to jump on your back at every mistake. Half the posters here are a disgrace.

Maybe he should stop reading this thread if it's hurting his feelings and make a few saves instead. Ridiculous post.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Way to support the players lads. **** me who needs rivals with some of our fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Way to support the players lads. **** me who needs rivals with some of our fans.

I'll support the players who can do what they're paid to do.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Supporting the players is one thing, sticking your head in the sand is another.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Lads don't forget it's only 10 games Karius has played now you're not entitled to an opinion on him , just stick with blind faith because Klopp bought him.

This is a really bizarrely myopic statement.

If you're reserving your opinion on a player because he's only played 10 games then it's not blind faith.
    It's waiting for the data to arrive.

If you were going by Firmino's last couple of performances you'd wonder how he's a professional footballer.

The problem with jumping to conclusions on players is that they'd be as likely to get that run of poor form at the start of their career anyway, but further to that, it's even more likely that they'll be playing in a way that's not reflective of their quality because of all the known issues with settling in, moving country, having to hit the ground running, and that's without mentioning the anarchy that goes on in front of him.

Our keepers job is basically "pull our arse out of the fire to an impossible degree 5 or 6 times a game because we don't bother with defending".
    It's no wonder they all piss themselves.

If Klopp had his way I reckon we'd play fly-keeper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

#BringBackBogdan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭RainMakerToo

Nobody's saying that, but writing off a young goalie after a few mistakes is silly as well. Sportnet commentators didn't blame him for either goal today: Payet free kick that took a deflection, and Matip making a lazy effort at clearing in the run up to the second.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Karius was poor for the free but being a Liverpool keeper has to be the worst job in football. Fans just waiting to jump on your back at every mistake. Half the posters here are a disgrace.

...and the other half think they are always right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Randolph does a Karius

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

What a useless excuse for a keeper.

What a beautifully average man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Not a good day for keepers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭RainMakerToo

See.. goalies make mistakes...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Get in. Cmon reds now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

At least we have an average striker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Definitely some hyperbole in this thread but there's definitely some doubt creeping in about Karius.

As Carragher said at half time, Karius simply doesn't get any strength behind his attempted save. It's not an error that is unique to him and it wouldn't be talked about much if he hadn't made some bad mistakes already, but it's another for the list.

Simple disruption in the wall gives Payet acres of space to aim at and he doesn't even hit it particularly well.

The second is Matip's error but I would expect a keeper to rush out to that too. Just seemed a slow reaction.

The problem with a keeper is that a mistake usually means a goal. For a striker, a mistake doesn't immediately cost your side a game...

I have my doubts about his ability based on what I've seen so far - nothing ive seen has convinced me that he should be ahead of Mignolet.

Seems like Sturridge is now behind Gerrard and Bruce Grobelaar in the pecking order for who the camera cuts to in the stands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The midfield of Wijnaldum but especially Henderson as captain have been anonymous all game.

• Advertisement

Hope West Ham get relegated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Terrible result. Dominated all but 15 minutes of the game but can't keep conceding cheap goals. Leaves us with too much to do.

Very bad 2 points to drop at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

1 point in 2 games from winning positions against two crap teams is an embarrassment. There's no way this team will finish in the top 4.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Very bad 2 points to drop at home.

Yep. 1 point from 2 games that most Pool fans hoped would have been 6. Damaging.:(.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Form is gone now we're playing poor teams like Bournemouth and West Ham, a few injuries and our squad is so bad Klopp doesn't even make a sub to try and win it.
    When Mane leaves for AFCON we're in more trouble.
    Karius should to be dropped too but he won't be

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Clyne is brutal in final 3rd also,only good for drawing defenders out. We have gone from playing great to crap very quickly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Need another forward in January badly. Need to get it done asap. Injuries are hurting us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Whatever Karius might become, he's not ready to be starting weekly for a team with notions about competing for the title, or even for a top 4 spot.

Worringly the team is looking a bit leggy now. A few injuries at the same time and we can't really rotate anyone to give them a rest. Firmino has gone right off the boil.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Can't fault the endeavour.

The defence and lack of end product is worrying though.

Confidence is important and I reckon, although Its an opinion, the second goal doesn't go in if karius hasn't made the mistake for the first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

The next game against borough is huge now. We are in a dog fight for top 4. I find that our intensity has dropped the past couple of weeks. We went 1 up today and dropped off quickly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

1 point in 2 games from winning positions against two crap teams is an embarrassment. There's no way this team will finish in the top 4.

That's a ridiculous assertion. We should have won that game, as with the Bournemouth match. We're still extremely well positioned to make the Top 4 but Arsenal and Chelsea both look like they'll be too strong from the rest of the chasing pack.
    Having said that, they've both had their poor results and both teams - in some quarters - were written off. Swings and roundabouts. We're in a poor run of form but we definitely have a decent chance of Top 4 football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Someone like Andre Hahn arriving is a must in January. We need another hard-working forward so badly.

Clyne is brutal in final 3rd also,only good for drawing defenders out. We have gone from playing great to crap very quickly
    one poor game doesn't mean he is poor in the final third

https://twitter.com/Squawka/status/807486508416593920

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

That third goal wasn't coming, too much pfaffing about in the box, no Coutinho or Sturridge to be a bit greedy. Could be slim pickings this December.

Thought Milner and Henderson played well, Matip boss again. Clyne and Firmino poor.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Origi has got 4 goals in 4 games to be fair. Bigger problem is the loss of Coutinho and Firmino's dip in form at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

I'd have more patience with Karius if he was mixing the good with the bad. But I still don't know what his supposed strengths are. Leaves me anxious. Feel like I need to watch some of his games in the German league last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Today really showed how much we miss Countinho, we just didnt have that killer pass and never really looked like scoring after it got back to 2-2. Deliveries into the box by Henderson for corners were woeful too. Only positive note is that Origi has scored four from the last four games

Worringly the team is looking a bit leggy now. A few injuries at the same time and we can't really rotate anyone to give them a rest. Firmino has gone right off the boil.

And no European football as well. Really shows up how light the squad is.

• Advertisement

We overachieved in the first 13 PL games..... we're going to find out how much by over the next 23 games. The last two are just a blip I reckon.

Still over 2ppg after 15 games is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

There is some signs we are starting to tire a bit compared to earlier in the season. Which is understandable.
    Firmino going off form at a very bad time he is probably tired too considering he has done more sprints than anyone in the PL. He is human & the lack of options due to injuries to Ings,Coutinho & Sturridge have came at the worst possible time.

Have to say Milner was brillant again. I think he has been the best LB in the PL so far.
    Overall our performances last 2 games in general have not been bad apart from some terrible individual errors.

Is Firmino still carrying that knock?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I really shouldn't be surprised how good Milner is but...

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

MD1990 wrote: »
    one poor game doesn't mean he is poor in the final third

https://twitter.com/Squawka/status/807486508416593920

never said he played badly, creating a chance is putting ball in the box, he just never picks a man out, terrible final ball imo.. great defending in fairness.

Not looking forward to Middlesborough away midweek. Got more dropped points written all over it.

I'd go 4 4 2 against M'boro, give firmino a rest on bench for 60 mins.

Mane, origi & wij' with lallana, Hendo & Can should he fine against Boro. Presuming can is fit to play of course.

Karius is a big worry now IMO, didn't see much positive today from him. I'm not anticipating a De Gea type keeper to result from his development.

Only 5 points taken from last 12 but as Carra said the team aren't playing that badly. Just had a bad 15 minutes against both Bournemouth and West Ham where they conceded 5 goals. 3 of them arguably the keeper's fault.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Performance was decent enough just gave away two stupid goals which is to be expected now.

I dont think we should be throwing away points so a young keeper can develop but thats just me, I'm sure people who want to defend him will make comparisons to how DeGea developed I'll just stop it there because Karius is currently miles behind where DeGea started from. All I see after 10 games is a keeper who cant save, catch, punch, position himself for a free, command his area or close players down to the level we need but apart from that he'll be grand according to some.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement