Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    If Kane stays fit I think Spurs will win the league or go very close

Unfortunately I feel they are hugely likely to be Top4. Chelsea & Man City both fall into that category too. Arsenal generally manage it. Such competition but I reckon we might get there this year, no EL or CL for us is there to be turned into a positive.

Augeo wrote: »
    Unfortunately I feel they are hugely likely to be Top4. Chelsea & Man City both fall into that category too. Arsenal generally manage it. Such competition but I reckon we might get there this year, no EL or CL for us is there to be turned into a positive.

Very competitive this year.

Chelsea and Liverpool weren't contenders for top 4 last year. Both with no Europe a big advantage all right. Luck with injuries is also a big factor.

Very hard to predict it. Exciting league

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Frustrating game, definitely feels like it was 2 points dropped rather than 1 gained, we were not at our best but easily dominated the entire match and created roughly 5-6 very good scoring opportunities with Firminos and Clynes being completely gilt-edged, we just lacked the composure to put Soton away, could be costly come the end of the season, obviously you can't win them all, but we really should have won that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    If Kane stays fit I think Spurs will win the league or go very close
    K-9 wrote: »
    He really is the difference between a solid, workmanlike team and title contenders.

Pffft! They are a one man team and they never win the league.

........... created roughly 5-6 very good scoring opportunities with Firminos and Clynes being completely gilt-edged.............

That's football. No strikers bury all the easy chances and it's perhaps unlucky that it was Clyne in that position when the cross came in, you'd expect any of the midfielders or even CBs to have put it away :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

That's football. No strikers bury all the easy chances and it's perhaps unlucky that it was Clyne in that position when the cross came in, you'd expect any of the midfielders or even CBs to have put it away :pac:

Shame also for the fact that he's one of our few outfield players who hasn't a goal to his name yet this season.
    People getting as carried away with Chelsea now as they were when they were having a bad run and there were newspaper reports of Conte being under pressure. Chelsea will be dogged and hard to beat but I don't see them winning the title this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

It was unlucky from Clyne, the only outfield player on the pitch at the time that hasn't scored this season........

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭VulcanRaving

Disappointing not to string together a couple of goals to get another 3 points.
    This has probably being said several times already but it is great to see how the attitude has changed towards games like these. We were disappointed to draw away to a tough Southampton side whereas we would have shown 'great character' to have gotten this result only a season or 2 ago.
    I really think Bobby and the Magician shouldn't have played the full 90 with Studge and Origi being introduced earlier.
    It's a shame not to see the two strikers see much gametime these days but it seems to be a sacrifice needed to see Klopp's gegenpressen. it is the kind of system you need all 10 outfield players buy into which would involve Studge etc having to drop back to get the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Suso with a screamer in the Milan derby he has settled in well in Italy and finally fulfilling the talent he showed as a kid.

......it is the kind of system you need all 10 outfield players buy into which would involve Studge etc having to drop back to get the ball.

Sturridge was always inclined to drop back for the ball, he gets criticised regularly for not being in the box enough .... he does like to roam about.

In a team that played a lone stiker he'd be a very very decent #10 in a 5 man midfield.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭VulcanRaving

Sturridge was always inclined to drop back for the ball, he gets criticised regularly for not being in the box enough .... he does like to roam about.

In a team that played a lone stiker he'd be a very very decent #10 in a 5 man midfield.

Yes he does I always considered him more of a 9 and a half rather than an all out 10.
    He would have been used to being fed a lot more either by Suarez' partnership or Coutinho's penetrating passes from the midfield seasons ago. Now Klopp would expect him to drop back more and contribute where necessary to press the game leaving someone like Bobby or Mane to run on in the meantime. That's why he looks a little bit off these days, still a great player but a little bit off. He is then running back up in a panic where although he would have roamed a bit, he had his own area to look after and our midfield seasons ago just got the ball up his area.

Suso with a great second goal for Milan.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭john why

Suso just scored his second goal in the Milan derby, anyone know how's he doing over their in general?

john why wrote: »
    Suso just scored his second goal in the Milan derby, anyone know how's he doing over their in general?

He has been one of Milan's main men this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Just because you can tear it up in Italy doesn't mean you'll be any use in England. I mean look at Pogba.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭john why

I wonder Will we regret letting him go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

john why wrote: »
    I wonder Will we regret letting him go?

No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Pity there was no sell on clause.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Watched the game from a pub in Amsterdam, so my memory (and resulting opinion) may not hold the greatest weight, but I thought that we actually played excellent.

For me, it was a sign that we are the real deal. We dominated away from home against a good side, and once again we come away from a game with all the noises from the opposition being that we were the most difficult opponent they have faced all year.

So while the point was disappointing considering we should have won, the performance has helped ease out any of the last doubts that we may not sustain this level over the long haul. We have a real solid platform here that isn't going away any time soon.

Looking forward to next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Knex. wrote: »
    Watched the game from a pub in Amsterdam

On a rating of 1 to 10 (10 being the highest), how good was the 'ringstinger' you got last night from the brazzer?

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Defiantly not Soso then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

12 months ago today at the Etihad

MANGALA_3506791b.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Lallana and Henderson visited a strip club while on International duty?

Currently "breaking news" on the bbc website.

NukaCola wrote: »

Wonder did they get any 'extras'?

The Sunday rag had it as there front page headline in England.

Put paid to rumours anyway those two lads going to a strip club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

kfallon wrote: »
    12 months ago today at the Etihad

MANGALA_3506791b.jpg
    Was at that game with my man city supporting friend and surronded by angry city fans.

A fantastic day

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Just because you can tear it up in Italy doesn't mean you'll be any use in England. I mean look at Pogba surely you remember Mario.

FYP :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

This story will not have a happy ending.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

jonnycivic wrote: »
    FYP :pac:

The same Mario that's now ripping up the French league, where Zlatan spent the last 4 years.

How bad :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Always thought hendo was gay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Maybe Lallana was the stripper, might explain his groin injury.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Ah sure you're only saying that coz he said the same about you first! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

Is going to a strip club frowned upon in England?

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

D0NNELLY wrote: »
    Is going to a strip club frowned upon in England?

Aren't they both married or at least not single? Other than that aspect, who cares? Henderson doesn't drink and there was no suggestion that Lallana was drunk either, so it really is a nothing story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I know we're a bit down about not being 1st but Chelsea have 2 really pants games ahead of them in Spurs and City.

Lets hope we don't bottle the next 4 games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

On the game on Saturday did anyone else feel like Southampton really went out of their way to rough up our smaller players? Coutinho and Firmino in general. There was a stage there where every time someone got the ball a Southampton player went through the back of them or gave them a kick. You wouldn't normally see those tactics at that high level especially from Southampton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

5starpool wrote: »
    so it really is a nothing story.

Rags gonna rag..

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Vicxas wrote: »
    I know we're a bit down about not being 1st but Chelsea have 2 really pants games ahead of them in Spurs and City.

Lets hope we don't bottle the next 4 games.

Hopefully they can draw both those games, that's be the best result all round for us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

5starpool wrote: »
    Hopefully they can draw both those games, that's be the best result all round for us.

Two draws is a good result for us
    but I still think City are the bigger threat so would be happy to see Chelsea win there.
    And also would be happy to either see a spurs win or draw in that game.

hefferboi wrote: »
    On the game on Saturday did anyone else feel like Southampton really went out of their way to rough up our smaller players? Coutinho and Firmino in general. There was a stage there where every time someone got the ball a Southampton player went through the back of them or gave them a kick. You wouldn't normally see those tactics at that high level especially from Southampton.

Suarez used to attract similar attention.
    I suppose teams aren't all going to allow us press, win the ball & play. We have been so impressive over the vast majority of the 12 PL games teams will try and disrupt us.

I noticed S'ton get away with lots of small stuff but to be fair they didn't really stick the boot in. Credit to Coutinho and Firmino they just got on with things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Assistant manager, gotta start somewhere.

corwill wrote: »
    Assistant manager, gotta start somewhere.

A Rickie Lambert like career in reverse.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

I don't see how they can try compare Lalanna and Hendo popping out for a dance ( being tea total Hendo prob drove the lads) to Rooney gatecrashing a wedding and being too drunk to put a few words together ( allegedly )

He's married, no ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

mosstin wrote: »
    A Rickie Lambert like career in reverse.

Start this week, he might get employee discount on the turkey. Would he get it while on probation, though? One of the girls on the till would probably do him a favour, if he's nice about it.

corwill wrote: »
    Start this week, he might get employee discount on the turkey. Would he get it while on probation, though? One of the girls on the till would probably do him a favour, if he's nice about it.

He could give Robbie Keane a job while he's at it. Been his childhood ambition to run a Co-Op store apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

I don't see how they can try compare Lalanna and Hendo popping out for a dance ( being tea total Hendo prob drove the lads) to Rooney gatecrashing a wedding and being too drunk to put a few words together ( allegedly )

He's married, no ?

Yeah and he has a kid

There's no scandal/story in either incident tbh

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement