Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Hoping for Everton to win just doesn't feel right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Hoping for Everton to win just doesn't feel right.

Ah they are ****e so it's ok for a one off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Everton have 1 win in 10.....they're due a result surely.....still if they cant get anything I'd settle for them getting smashed.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

And as long as they're well of the pace I don't mind them beating our other rivals either :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Any names of people that lads want to bring in during the window. ?

I'd take a low fee punt on Axel Witsel considering Mane is off on ACON duty. Not a winger of course but is happy to attack from midfield on the right.
    Would bring decent experience.

Would improve our bench of late anyway.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

NukaCola wrote: »
    Everton have 1 win in 10.....they're due a result surely.....still if they cant get anything I'd settle for them getting smashed.....

Win tonight and lose next Monday, please and thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Anwar el Ghazi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

We need a left back, a winger, a centre half and a cm. 2 players I'd like to get and who'd be cheap are Leon Bailey and Ndidi, both playing for Genk. Both 19 and had very good Europa league campaigns. Bailey has 7 goals playing on the wing in 6 games in Europe. Ndidi could be the next Kante imo. I think both will go for big fees in a year or two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Hearing some very interesting news regarding @lfc, hope to have more details shortly
    My sources are tellling me tonight, the @lfc takeover is expected to be completed before Christmas & possibly by the end of this week.
    Regarding the much talked about Liverpool takeover by a Chinese Consortium

https://twitter.com/BroadcastMoose/status/808776298076241920

The Moose is ITK now lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

FSG have obviously had enough of Karius.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Yarmalenko, Konoplyanka, Turan, Quaresma, Gomis, Simão and of course Darren Bent!

Turtyturd wrote: »
    FSG have obviously had enough of Karius.

Nah Sturridge's medical bills are bankrupting them :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Its a bit random to be mentioning the takeover all of a sudden.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

NukaCola wrote: »
    Of course. The player is getting game time, strange that a contract hasn't been agreed yet so maybe the player is open to a move.....all speculation obviously.
    He's under contract until 2019 with the option of an extension to 2020. No reason for Dortmund to rush into contract negotiations.

No one say anything about what has just happened.

Right?

Right?

No idea what you're talking about.

Honest. I'll re-think it in 7 or 8 mins though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Right?

Nothing happened. For at least another 5 minutes.

• Advertisement

Okay! :D

Mad finish. Jagielka out of the derby as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Bloody hell! Well done Everton... was sure they were gonna concede there towards the end, but held on valiantly.

5starpool wrote: »
    Mad finish. Jagielka out of the derby as well.

Perfect finish. I stuck a tenner on them as well at 11/1 when they were losing

That's a great result for ten men.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Arsenal are just like ourselves. They nearly go out of their way to screw themselves up.

Arsenal doing an Arsenal

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Arsenal doing an Arsenal

Premier league is so competitive though. This is going to happen all season to the top teams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭price690

niallo27 wrote: »
    Perfect finish. I stuck a tenner on them as well at 11/1 when they were losing

Those are very poor odds no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭RainMakerToo

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Bloody hell! Well done Everton... was sure they were gonna concede there towards the end, but held on valiantly.

Crazy last 60 seconds! Im sure there was a commentator somewhere screaming "that's what the Premiership is all about!" :)

• Advertisement

5starpool wrote: »
    Win tonight and lose next Monday, please and thank you.

Jagielka picked up a red tonight. Misses the derby.

ERG89 wrote: »
    Arsenal are just like ourselves. They nearly go out of their way to screw themselves up.

They'll be grand. A famous draw in the second leg against Bayern after being hammered in the first leg will make their season.

price690 wrote: »
    Those are very poor odds no?

Still most of the game left and at home 11/1 was not bad

Talisman wrote: »
    He's under contract until 2019 with the option of an extension to 2020. No reason for Dortmund to rush into contract negotiations.

Ah right, I for some reason thought it was up in 2018 for some reason........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Fair play to top reds Barkley and Williams doing the job for us tonight.

Crazy last 60 seconds! Im sure there was a commentator somewhere screaming "that's what the Premiership is all about!" :)

Glen Hoddle did almost exactly that, except he used the "that's why this is the best game in the world" line instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,642 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Some here don't like Everton, but gave to say, I really enjoyed watching that game tonight. Goodison, midweek, floodlights, hopping crowd, what's not to like :) A real throwback, you can stick your Champions League up your arse!

They'll have their arses out for that game on Monday night, mores the pity!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Some here don't like Everton, but gave to say, I really enjoyed watching that game tonight. Goodison, midweek, floodlights, hopping crowd, what's not to like :) A real throwback, you can stick your Champions League up your arse!

They'll have their arses out for that game on Monday night, mores the pity!

I think some folk must think they are Scousers or something the way they go on about Everton, a bit silly imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

fyfe79 wrote: »
    I know what you're saying but you can understand the comparison - young foreign keeper joining a big Premiership club and making plenty of mistakes in his first year. The hope is he's on a similar development path to DDG. Personally, I don't think he looks up to it.

Of course I understand the comparison but it's not like De Gea is the only young foreign keeper to ever arrive in the PL and struggle only to turn out to be very good later in his career. Using De gea as an example is lazy if you ask me, especially in a Liverpool forum. Didn't Reina struggle in his first season with us for example?

• Advertisement

Look at the City keeper, thrown in the deep end and a source of amusement.

We won't win the league with a poor keeper/defense anyway.

Hopefully Klopp has Jan reinforcements incoming

I think some folk must think they are Scousers or something the way they go on about Everton, a bit silly imo.

A lot of people go on about a lot of things thats a bit silly in this thread.

Dont think theres anything silly in not liking Everton, have a few mates that support them and there is a bit of rivalry there. I always remember them wanting to lose to Manchester City in the title run in a few years back, my mates that is but I'm sure there was more than a few everton supporters with the same outlook.....

mormank wrote: »
    Didn't Reina struggle in his first season with us for example?

If 14 out of his first 18 games were clean sheets and a golden glove in his first season is him struggling then yes he did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Its a bit random to be mentioning the takeover all of a sudden.

If some nobody on twitter saying itevery few months is random...

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

It's tight at the top
    5 team race
    Spurs can get back in

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Interesting Title race so far .If a team can figure a system to frustrate Chelsea and they hit a wobbler for a few games it could get very interesting

Chelsea almost certainly will hit a proper wobble at some point, hopefully sooner rather than later. Hopefully they'll get a few injuries soon or suspensions or something to disrupt their rhythm a bit more. Whether anyone else can take advantage or not is a different matter.

Should happen right around the time Terry tries to get Conte sacked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

They say it's the hardest league in the world but at least 2 teams find it really easy each season. That's football in Premier League, Chelsea played teams like City, Everton ,Spurs and United when all those teams were in bad places. They were lucky with that.

They say it's the hardest league in the world but at least 2 teams find it really easy each season. That's football in Premier League, Chelsea played teams like City, Everton ,Spurs and United when all those teams were in bad places. They were lucky with that.

We played Chelsea and Utd when they were in bad places, we didn't beat Utd.
    Swings and roundabouts.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement