Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,977 ✭✭✭doc_17

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Karius, Moreno, Lucas, Stewart, Alexander-Arnold, Ejaria, Woodburn.

No disrespect to any of them but jaysus we are stretched badly

Yeah it was the same on Saturday. Squad needs investment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

doc_17 wrote: »

If you expect big investment in the bench you'll be dissapointed. Its not Klopps way. He's already said he'll only buy players if they're substantially better than the young guys. How are players supposed to ever develop if they never get a chance because we waste money and important minutes on squad players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    If you expect big investment in the bench you'll be dissapointed. Its not Klopps way. He's already said he'll only buy players if they're substantially better than the young guys. How are players supposed to ever develop if they never get a chance because we waste money and important minutes on squad players.

The young lads are a bit off being regulars IMO. Ideally they'd develop somewhere else for a year or so while we buy 2/3 decent experienced players as stop gaps. But, yea not sure if thats Klopps thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Does that cross count as a chance created by Clyne?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

NukaCola wrote: »
    The young lads are a bit off being regulars IMO. Ideally they'd develop somewhere else for a year or so while we buy 2/3 decent experienced players as stop gaps. But, yea not sure if thats Klopps thing.

It's one thing to bring one of them into a full strength side and fill in.

It's another to expect them to step up and make the difference.

Turtyturd wrote: »

I wouldn't be surprised.

He's good at being there for Mane to bounce things off but teams are perfectly happy for him to get the ball out there.

If he's creating the most chances that's more of a reflection on the likes of Mane than it is Clyne.
    What's important is whether he makes efficient use of the ball and I'd be very surprised if he did.
    He never looks out of place out wide but all the same, he doesn't actually get much done out there.

Edit: top quality anti-jinxing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

doc_17 wrote: »

I dunno...I mean, do you really want three layers of redundancy? Most of the players simply won't ever play.

I think this redundancy comes in naturally if we get european football, but without it, its just a waste of resources.

I mean, if you look at who we're missing today; Coutinho, Sturridge, Ings, Ojo, Grujic, Can, Matip, Gomez. Particularly in attack, it's hard to justify having more than those guys, and the guys on the field, as there's just no gametime...it's just been an odd peculiarity that its actually most of our redundancy players that actually got injured - Sturridge, Ings, Ojo and Grujic in particular would have been the guys you'd expect to come in in the attacking positions and allow rests for the guys playing week in week out - but now, the guys who have played all the time are being forced to keep playing.

Also, given how little Klopp actually uses subs... I think you can only legislate so far before its wasteful. And if you don't allow your third string of redundancy to be youth/reserve players, it kind of makes the whole academy pointless.

In short, im actually happy enough with squad depth for what we face at the moment, we're just in a particularly peculiar position right at the moment.

Gbear wrote: »
    It's one thing to bring one of them into a full strength side and fill in.

It's another to expect them to step up and make the difference.

What happens when we don't have a ton of injuries then? Do the players we spend 10-15m as cover not sit on the bench instead of the youngsters with higher ceilings? Klopp has come out and said he's no interest in buying a ton of squad players. If we do buy anyone in January I think they'll be the players we'd be targeting in the summer (Pulsic and Dahoud) and thats about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

I wouldn't be surprised.

He's good at being there for Mane to bounce things off but teams are perfectly happy for him to get the ball out there.

If he's creating the most chances that's more of a reflection on the likes of Mane than it is Clyne.
    What's important is whether he makes efficient use of the ball and I'd be very surprised if he did.
    He never looks out of place out wide but all the same, he doesn't actually get much done out there.

Yeah he should have more assists. I still feel Milner could swap with him now and then although according to Kammy he's started well against their speedster Traore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I didn't expect Klopp to drop Karius tonight.

How do people feel about this? Right call, disregarding how the game goes tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Origi's 50th game for Liverpool with a 1 in 3 goal scoring record at the club not bad for an average 21 year old striker.

Clyne doing a Moreno getting caught out so easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

murpho999 wrote: »

How do people feel about this? Right call, disregarding how the game goes tonight.

Personally I can't stand Mignolet but it's a good coaching call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Take him out of the spotlight and let him recompose himself.

If Ming does well then Karius will have to up his game to get back in. Also Ming should be bursting his balls to keep his place now.

I'm a bit surprised personally but probably the right call, just get him out of the firing line for now. That being said if he played him tonight it wouldn't have been a wrong call either would it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Put on Woodburn

That does.

100% right call.
    I'd say karius is not happy in himself given how things have gone. I'd be worried for him to an extent, can't be easy.

That does.

Obviously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

I wouldn't be surprised.

Hard to say anything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

We're too timid when it comes to shooting sometimes,hit the fckin thing every now n then lads.. good header .

What happens when we don't have a ton of injuries then? Do the players we spend 10-15m as cover not sit on the bench instead of the youngsters with higher ceilings? Klopp has come out and said he's no interest in buying a ton of squad players. If we do buy anyone in January I think they'll be the players we'd be targeting in the summer (Pulsic and Dahoud) and thats about it.

Nah, I don't think we need anyone else in terms of senior bodies.

What we do need is a higher aggregate level of quality.

If you add a top class midfielder and a top class attacker and rotate everyone else around a bit, with maybe the likes of Ings, Sturridge or Lucas shuffled out of the squad, then even when you're fairly depleted like this, you can more likely rely on your quality to carry you even if you have no bench.

We're too timid when it comes to shooting sometimes,hit the fckin thing every now n then lads.. good header .

They're getting back into shape incredibly quickly to be fair to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Yes, I think Klopp had a tough call to make but it's probably the right one.

Take Karius out of the limelight, ease the pressure, let him get his head together.

Then give Mignolet a chance to step up to the plate.

Ref is gonna have a say in this in Boro's favour .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

That traore lad is quality

DrumSteve wrote: »
    That traore lad is quality

At running past people yeah, at doing anything after that not so much. (obv he scores two now).

Thank f*ck he missed that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

At running past people yeah, at doing anything after that not so much. (obv he scores two now).

I was trying that while reverse jinx.

Avoided being two up at half time, good stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,949 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

NBC lads at half time calling him Simone Mignolet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

There'll be a nervy finish to this. Their front 3 is very dangerous. Adama and Fischer coming into the game more as it wears on. Lallana head and shoulders above everyone for us imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Avoided being two up at half time, good stuff.

Get out of my head.

2-0 is a dangerous lead, game of 2 halfs...

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

NBC lads at half time calling him Simone Mignolet

Hahaha. Simone Minulay.

K-9 wrote: »
    Get out of my head.

2-0 is a dangerous lead, game of 2 halfs...

Especially for this team.

Firmino is off the pace of it. Missing his winter break.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Firmino is not a wide attacker, he and Divok should be swapped

That's true actually.

Klopp said dropping Karius was an easy decision. Ouch.....

• Advertisement

Traore has a touch of the Jack Wilshere's. Can't seem to stay upright.

Most times milner attacks firmino can go central. Itd not like he'd hugging the line all game.

Average.

Average average.

Firmino's work rate for Origi's goals I'll take that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

Origi is turning into a goal machine.

Sisters...

• Advertisement

I take it Origi was a transfer committee buy?

Was lallana?

I'm sure the Celtic manager will find a way to take credit for everything that happening now with his tools.

Get in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

Lallana is turning into a goal machine.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement