Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

NukaCola wrote: »
    Where are you getting that out of interest? Transfermrkt have different numbers for him.

Same.

It hadn't fully updated today's game when I was on it it 765 minutes now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Klavan should be the 3rd choice CB now, he's solid if unspectacular, definitely rather him in there than Lucas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I would start Sakho vs Everton. Lukaku would sh!t himself

2D22355500000578-0-image-m-54_1444126207420.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Klavan should be the 3rd choice CB now, he's solid if unspectacular, definitely rather him in there than Lucas.

Really good at taking the ball out of defence and surprisingly skilful on the ball also.

My only concern is both Klavan and Lovren aren't exactly blessed with pace.

MD1990 wrote: »
    I would start Sakho vs Everton. Lukaku would sh!t himself

Such a shame the way its gone....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,949 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I suppose Mignolet will start again in the derby. He did what he needed to well today, made a very good save, claimed all his crosses well and released the ball quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Like Nuka and Agent Coulson, I've also crunched the numbers on Mr. Origi as I can't sleep right now.

Data taken from soccerway. I've gone through everything, and this is what I've come across (oh matron)

Appearances: 50
    Starts: 22
    Sub Appearances: 28

Minutes: 2,396
    Goals 17
    Assists: 3

avg goal to mins: 140.9 minutes/goal
    avg goal to starts: 1.29 starts/goal

Goals as starter: 11
    Goals as sub: 6

As a starter he's actually 1 in 2 striker. He is also a pretty decent super sub when looking for a goal 1 every 4.6 sub appearances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Glico Man wrote:
    Thats by far one of the dumbest posts I've seen in here tbh. Y'know considering he didn't sign most of the team. Is Clyne gone? Can? Henderson? Coutinho? Firmino? He didn't sign any of them. Lallana either for that matter.

Coutinho wants to play for Barcelona. The others you mention are of upper level premiership rather than champions league winning standard and are dispensable. If Klopp remains manager - which is not certain particularly if Bayern Munich come calling - expect to see a completely new team within eighteen months.

chicorytip wrote: »
    Coutinho wants to play for Barcelona. The others you mention are of upper level premiership rather than champions league winning standard and are dispensable. If Klopp remains manager - which is not certain particularly if Bayern Munich come calling - expect to see a completely new team within eighteen months.
    Glico Man wrote: »
    Thats by far one of the dumbest posts I've seen in here tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Those are awful posts to be duplicating with the quote function.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Yup, the injury list - Matip, Coutinho, Can, Grujic, Sturridge and Ings isn't that long and four are short term (well three - Sturridge is impossible to estimate) but sure makes a difference.

It's not that long but it includes our best defender and our best attacking option, with Sturridge getting an honourable mention. How many other teams could cope without their best defender and best attacker?

Approx 122 mins per goal or so after tonight I think for this season. 7 goals in 852 mins.

For us overall its 17 goals in 2478 mins so a goal every 146 mins. Its excellent considering a lot of those minutes are from the bench, he never really got a stretch of 10 games in a row so that would be interesting to see.

Danny overall has 58 goals in 7310 mins or a goal every 126 mins which is absolutely phenomenal, but to be harsh about it a lot of those goals came in his first season and a half. Still though he has a better strike rate over a longer time frame. Even this season his goal per min ratio is like 130 or something.

Its good to see Origi doing well at a young age anyway. A bright future ahead hopefully.

The problem with that is that these days he seems to only complete that 130 minutes once a month or so. Sturridge really seems a beaten docket this point. Origi on the other hand has kept his head down and waited for his chance and now that he has it he is taking it. Fair play to the lad, I always rated him and thought he would go on to become a very important player for us. People on here are just far too quick to write players off. There has been 100's of posts since he joined from people on here writing him off since he joined but thankfully he is proving all of them wrong now. It is for this reason I think everyone should calm down with the Karius criticism. We all have eyes and can see how he has done but for people to already be looking for him to be replaced is complete and utter nonsense. I'm not gonna bother checking but I would be willing to bet that several of the people writing off Karius now also wrote off Origi in the past. :rolleyes:

chicorytip wrote: »

Oh dear! So much wrong so little time! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

mormank wrote: »
    Oh dear! So much wrong so little time! :rolleyes:

Just dont rise up to it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

We were on 34 points after 24 matches last season - at the beginning of Feb!!!
    A tricky run of fixtures between now and the new year, hopefully the physio bench becomes less busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Was there any word on matip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Was there any word on matip

Excellent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

url.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I'd like to see Trent Alexander-Arnold get some game time. Assuming his family aren't going off skiing this Christmas the posh c*nt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

ERG89 wrote: »
    I'd like to see Trent Alexander-Arnold get some game time. Assuming his family aren't going off skiing this Christmas the posh c*nt

So needless. I love it :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Was a very good win. Needed a bit of goalkeeping at 0 - 0, nothing spectacular but Mignolet did what was required. This is going to be a difficult task - the teams around us are winning and will continue to do so.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Was a very good win. Needed a bit of goalkeeping at 0 - 0, nothing spectacular but Mignolet did what was required. This is going to be a difficult task - the teams around us are winning and will continue to do so.

You have to believe that Chelsea will have a lull at some stage, nice to see we've hopefully got ours out of the way before XMAS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

Mig was assured, looked confident and took his opportunity with both hands ... pardon the pun ... gotta be happy to not be talking about Keeper mistakes once again. Bossed the game as we should.

We're back!

Chelsea will not continue to win every game. They will drop points. They've been amazing but things are going their way too. They take their chances but its not going to happen every game. A peno, a red card, coming up against a keeper having a blinder, a mistake, injuries.....these will effect every team and the league is so competitive now small things against anyone can cost you points.

We need to keep doing our job first. We are at 2.125 and we've done very well but there is scope for some improvement too. That ppg puts us at 80/81 points. Do that and we are back in CL which should the aim for this season. Let see where we can go without worrying about other teams after 16 games.

Mig was assured, looked confident and took his opportunity with both hands ... pardon the pun ... gotta be happy to not be talking about Keeper mistakes once again. Bossed the game as we should.

We're back!

Had little to do but done it well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

What a second half performance last night
    Totally controlled the game
    Defence were solid plus mig does what a shot stopper does in stopping shots
    Delighted he's back in
    Milner struggled but he was up against probably the fastest man in world football
    But he never stopped running and making himself available also was first man after the match to go to the supporters and throw in his jersey
    Up front mane and lalanna were excellent
    Firmino still not at it prob needs a break but with big matches coming up not easy to leave him out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Had little to do but done it well.

Had a couple of shots he gathered into himself very well.
    I had residiual levels of ****ting myself left from Karius which made we worry until he did it quite comfortably, and then I remembered it's the sort of thing you should be able to expect from a keeper.

What he did with the ball was good too. Pro-active and always looking for an early release.
    Origi doing a stunning job too....

Someone mentioned it somewhere in the thread that he should switch with Firmino, and sure enough he looked a lot better on the wing.

Even if he's not as good as our ordinary front 3 on form, that he brings reliable goals is good enough for an understudy at the very least.

I wish we'd been in a position to rest Firmino. Hopefully he'll play himself back into form or get some time in the new year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Chelsea will not continue to win every game. They will drop points. They've been amazing but things are going their way too. They take their chances but its not going to happen every game. A peno, a red card, coming up against a keeper having a blinder, a mistake, injuries.....these will effect every team and the league is so competitive now small things against anyone can cost you points.

We need to keep doing our job first. We are at 2.125 and we've done very well but there is scope for some improvement too. That ppg puts us at 80/81 points. Do that and we are back in CL which should the aim for this season. Let see where we can go without worrying about other teams after 16 games.

A couple of injuries after the window closes would be great, they don't have great squad depth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

If that traore fella learns from solid coaching he will be a beast of a player

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Reminds me of a lesser talented mane. Could be a top player if he works on his final ball

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

He's ridiculously quick, just off the top of my head he burned Milner, Klavan and Henderson while giving them 5 or 10 yard headstarts. He's 21 next month, so he still has time to add end product. Not a given, by any means, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

great win last night. Delighted with the win having dropped 5 points we shouldnt have.

I am not getting carried away thinking we are back on track however as I think we have been very shaky the last few games. I think our injuries have left us in big trouble. Lets not forget Middlesborough are pretty **** so we have to expect to beat them.

My concerns are without Coutinho we are far weaker.

Firminho up top is much better than on the wing.... he creates a lot of space up there with his runs the way Suarez did.

Origi is good but again I dont think we are at our best with him up top. Although he is doing well the last 5 games in fairness.

Our midfield is fairly one dimensional with Can, Henderson and Gigi but I guess if the lads up front do the business we might get away with it.

Our bench the last 2 games has been shocking. We will need to strengthen in January especially given Mane is gone.

A month ago we were flying and i was confident we could beat any team. The fear has crept in now with every match and you can see it in the team. We need the players to step up and was great to see Lallana do that last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

gafferino wrote: »
    great win last night. Delighted with the win having dropped 5 points we shouldnt have.

I am not getting carried away thinking we are back on track however as I think we have been very shaky the last few games. I think our injuries have left us in big trouble. Lets not forget Middlesborough are pretty **** so we have to expect to beat them.

Firminho up top is much better than on the wing.... he creates a lot of space up there with his runs the way Suarez did.

Origi is good but again I dont think we are at our best with him up top. Although he is doing well the last 5 games in fairness.

Our midfield is fairly one dimensional with Can, Henderson and Gigi but I guess if the lads up front do the business we might get away with it.

Our bench the last 2 games has been shocking. We will need to strengthen in January especially given Mane is gone.

A month ago we were flying and i was confident we could beat any team. The fear y crept in now with every match and you can see it in the team. We need the players to step up and was great to see Lallana do that last night.

didn't see any fear In the team last night, quite the opposite

To be fair when you lose one of your best players a little bit of fear is normal.

But they did exceptionally well against a team who can park a whopper double decker.

Gbear wrote: »
    Someone mentioned it somewhere in the thread that he should switch with Firmino, and sure enough he looked a lot better on the wing.

Even if he's not as good as our ordinary front 3 on form, that he brings reliable goals is good enough for an understudy at the very least.

His distribution from the wing was impressive too, his pullback to Lallana was a nice bit of play but he whipped in a few decent crosses too.

Ideally I would like to see all 3 switch and interchange. I think as a front 3 they done quite well, the interchange of passes and play was quite good at times, but understandably was a bit clunky maybe down to not being too familiar with other in a match environment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Alonso77 wrote: »

In particular, especially after his recent form, Lovren looked really solid and composed.

gafferino wrote: »

I get those concerns but I'm not really that bothered by it. We scored 9 goals in 3 games that Coutinho was missing for and we shot ourselves with defensive mistakes that you cant really attribute to missing Coutinho, I mean there might be a bit of fall back, and we are weaker but "far" weaker I just cant agree with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

Chelsea look good but not unbeatable, though it looks like they've the right balance. Arsenal look top 3 anyway.

City and Spurs aren't that great.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Alonso77 wrote: »

Yeah but 1 month ago I would have been very confident of smashing them. Wasnt sure until the 2nd half last night.

Thats the way it goes with sport and confidence etc but need them to step up big time. Everton under the lights is a big test.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Vicxas wrote: »
    But they did exceptionally well against a team who can park a whopper double decker.

Starting to see an evolution of approach against deep sitting defenses, with mixing better crosses and better long passing with the usual quick passing to feet and massed breaking runs. Was it Giles I recently heard calling Klopp a one trick pony? Thank Christ RTE have sent him to bed with a mug of Ovaltine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Glico Man wrote: »
    Like Nuka and Agent Coulson, I've also crunched the numbers on Mr. Origi as I can't sleep right now

Data taken from soccerway. I've gone through everything, and this is what I've come across (oh matron)

Appearances: 50
    Starts: 22
    Sub Appearances: 28

Minutes: 2,396
    Goals 17
    Assists: 3

avg goal to mins: 140.9 minutes/goal
    avg goal to starts: 1.29 starts/goal

Goals as starter: 11
    Goals as sub: 6

As a starter he's actually 1 in 2 striker. He is also a pretty decent super sub when looking for a goal 1 every 4.6 sub appearances.
    He's good but he's no David Fairclough.

Yet, anywaysmile.png
    Gbear wrote: »
    In particular, especially after his recent form, Lovren looked really solid and composed.
    In fairness, there wasn't much defending to do after the first quarter either.

Yeah, Boro offered nothing in the second half though a lot of that was our pressing when they got the ball back, they couldn't cope. I think they'll struggle but just stay up.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I would certaintly consider Traore in the summer or January.
    Needs to work on a lot of his game. But he is unstoppable when running at players. He is like a NFL Running Back with the dribbling ability of Messi.

Traore's nowhere near good enough for a big move yet, he can run past people on the wing and that's about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Bringing back Jimmy is not he answer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Bringing back Jimmy is not the answer

You're asking the wrong question

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

K-9 wrote: »
    Yeah, Boro offered nothing in the second half though a lot of that was our pressing when they got the ball back, they couldn't cope.

I much prefer watching us play when pressing like that than the tipping around on the edge of the box. There's just something enjoyable about a pack of players hounding the opposition until one of them loses possession/misplaces a pass/or hoofs it wildly.

If we weren't so unpredictable at a the back I'd love to see us just let the opposition have the ball and be their own undoing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

We have never been cut open or dominated this season
    We score great goals and concede nasty ones
    Midfield can help to stop certain situations before they escalate into goals
    We can't always blame the last line of defence , the keeper and defenders
    Clean sheets are down more to what's in front of the goalkeeper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Turtyturd wrote: »
    If we weren't so unpredictable at a the back I'd love to see us just let the opposition have the ball and be their own undoing.

I mentioned that as a tactic against teams that sit deep here. It would confuse them

Turtyturd wrote: »
    I much prefer watching us play when pressing like that than the tipping around on the edge of the box. There's just something enjoyable about a pack of players hounding the opposition until one of them loses possession/misplaces a pass/or hoofs it wildly.

Can't remember who it was said Liverpool are better without the ball! Sounds so stupid but there's a lot of truth in it even though we tend to boss possession.

At its best it's actually such an attacking move, it isn't just about getting it back like Barca at their best, but to hurt the opposition with quick, one touch passing and away they go.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement