Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

kfallon wrote: »
    There's no scandal/story in either incident tbh

Exactly, it's all horsesh1t tbh including the Rooney stuff. Who actually gives a fook over it ?

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Yeah and he has a kid

So does Elton Jon mate :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,024 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Exactly, it's all horsesh1t tbh including the Rooney stuff. Who actually gives a fook over it ?

People who are desperate to be outraged over something...anything!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

~Rebel~ wrote: »

Italics? On here? You've got a nerve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

~Rebel~ wrote: »

I'd pay more attention to his incredible salary lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,577 ✭✭✭mormank

Umaro wrote: »
    Disappointed that we didn't get the 3pts today - but I'd have been even more disappointed if we created no chances. Southampton played very defensively, and we still made some great opportunities for ourselves. Forster and Van Dijk both had crucial moments which denied us.

Maybe all that air travel took that 1% of sharpness off Coutinho and Firmino. Thankfully theres no more international breaks until March (except Mane).

Anyways, next week Sunderland visit Anfield - and Spurs go to Chelsea, should be a great opportunity to move away from Spurs, or reclaim the top spot - assuming Chelsea win tomorrow.

Ideally we do both! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Apparently we're in for Van Dijk AND Sam McQueen:
    Liverpool are lining up deals for Southampton's Netherlands defender Virgil van Dijk, 25, and English midfielder Sam McQueen, 21. The pair will cost the Reds £40m in January

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Vicxas wrote: »
    Apparently we're in for Van Dijk AND Sam McQueen:

No we're not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

5starpool wrote: »
    No we're not.

I'm well aware, but last time i checked we're allowed post mindless gossip and rumours on the page.

• Advertisement

Vicxas wrote: »
    I'm well aware, but last time i checked we're allowed post mindless gossip and rumours on the page.

I wasn't giving out to you for posting, I was just saying that I don't believe there is an ounce of truth to it. It's firmly from the camp of "Southampton player does well against us so we'll try to buy him" type of silly rumour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I wasn't giving out to you for posting, I was just saying that I don't believe there is an ounce of truth to it. It's firmly from the camp of "Southampton player does well against us so we'll try to buy him" type of silly rumour.

Well to be fair those rumours have turned out to be very true in the last 3 years :pac:

Well to be fair those rumours have turned out to be very true in the last 3 years :pac:

Indeed. We don't buy them in January though ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

We should be recruiting Southampton's scouts.

............ and GK coach :pac:

All jokes aside Karius has 2 clean sheets now iirc, Achterberg doing wonders with him :)

Augeo wrote: »
    ............ and GK coach :pac:

All jokes aside Karius has 2 clean sheets now iirc, Achterberg doing wonders with him :)

I'd have kept a clean sheet against Southampton I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

No we're not.
    Oh yes we are...

For the season we're in:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

I'd have kept a clean sheet against Southampton I'd say.

With no shots on target Mignolet would have kept a clean sheet!! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Oh yes we are...

For the season we're in:cool:
    He's behind you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,664 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

With no shots on target Mignolet would have kept a clean sheet!! :pac:

I have my doubts - soneome woud have scored an own-goal!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Really hope the rumours of van dijk are true. Him and matip would be some pairing although lovren has looked very good this season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,607 ✭✭✭Damien360

ricero wrote: »
    Really hope the rumours of van dijk are true. Him and matip would be some pairing although lovren has looked very good this season

Was the rumour started in here or is it wider internet ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I think it was in the newspapers at the 90 minute mark after the game on Saturday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,607 ✭✭✭Damien360

GBX wrote: »
    I think it was in the newspapers at the 90 minute mark after the game on Saturday

I hope it was more than one game. Anyone here watching him long term ? What was he like at Celtic and Dutch league ? Played a lot of games according to Wiki but I confess to know nothing about him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Damien360 wrote: »
    I hope it was more than one game. Anyone here watching him long term ? What was he like at Celtic and Dutch league ? Played a lot of games according to Wiki but I confess to know nothing about him.

Anytime I've seen him in the PL, he's looked a seriously impressive performer. Has made the step up from the Scottish League look effortless. I'd imagine he'll be on the radar of a few of the top clubs next season. Someone might decide to recruit him in January - United aren't exactly blessed with top quality CBs. Neither are we.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Football transfer rumours: Liverpool trying to sign Liverpool's Gustavo Viera? :eek:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/nov/21/football-transfer-rumour-mill-liverpool-gustavo-viera-liverpool

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Football transfer rumours: Liverpool trying to sign Liverpool's Gustavo Viera? :eek:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/nov/21/football-transfer-rumour-mill-liverpool-gustavo-viera-liverpool

Nah, we should be in for Martin Viduka.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Mr. FoggPatches

Up until about 5 weeks ago, I thought van dijk was abject this season. He's had a couple of decent games since
    Fact is, baresi and costacurta would struggle to keep clean sheets with the way Liverpool play. They simply don't protect the back four well enough. That's the sacrifice when you play gung ho attack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Buy Reus!

• Advertisement

Nice interview with Matip

Loved this bit as he is totally honest and not pandering to the crowd.
    Dominant in the air and so composed with the ball at his feet, Matip’s style has already drawn comparisons with legendary Reds centre-back Alan Hansen.

The Bochum-born defender wasn’t even born when Hansen captained Liverpool to their last title triumph in 1989/90.

Matip would certainly earn the same kind of iconic status as the Scot if he could help Klopp’s men end that 27-year drought.

“I’m sorry, I have to say I haven’t heard of him,” Matip said.

“But I know this club has won many trophies in the past and has had many great defenders.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/joel-matip-liverpool-defender-keeping-12215749

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Nice interview with Matip

Loved this bit as he is totally honest and not pandering to the crowd

Probably should still do a tiny bit of feckin research!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

In what must go down as one of the all-time great transfer rumours, word reaches the Mill of Liverpool’s interest in the Liverpool midfielder Gustavo Viera. The 16-year-old currently plays for the Liverpool that sit fourth in the Campeonato Uruguayo, as well as for Uruguay’s Under-17s, but could swap South America for Merseyside if Jürgen Klopp wins what seems certain to be a heated battle for his services. Viera’s abilities – and his handy Italian passport – have also got scouts from Everton (actual English Everton rather than the Chilean Everton) and Barcelona (not the one in Ecuador) all excited.

A sub-editor's dream, this story.

Sad story about Paul Stewart. Credit to him for speaking out.

Sturridge to go on loan to Southampton in January reported on a few radio stations this morning.

I'd wish Sturridge well if he leaves, I imagine the club won't sanction a loan deal or a paltry £25m transfer deal though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Sturridge to go on loan to Southampton in January reported on a few radio stations this morning.

Makes no sense if we have no replacement. A full squad is going to be needed as the season goes on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Buy Reus!

Julian Brandt is where its at these days.

Not a chance. Mane gone, Ings injured.

We are currently in the running for the league with a favourable run up to the Man City game.

If he stays the full season he has a chance of getting:
    1. A league cup medal - favourable QF game.
    2. A premier league medal / CL qualification
    3. We'll see how we do in the FA Cup

He got minutes again against Southampton and did well.

If he goes on loan to Southampton then not just his Liverpool career but his career overall will begin to go the way of Peter Crouch with the England striker position being cemented by Harry Kane

I think this is his agent at it again.

• Advertisement

If he goes on loan to Southampton then not just his Liverpool career but his career overall will begin to go the way of Peter Crouch with the England striker position being cemented by Harry Kane

I think this is his agent at it again.

Crouch was nowhere near as good a striker as Sturridge.
    If Sturridge plays consistently he's at least a 1 in 2 striker, he's not getting much minutes under Klopp.

Before the season started he came out saying he wanted to demonstrate he's the best striker in the PL, Klopp tends to play 3 AMs as his frontline more often than not. From Sturridge's point of view he isn't playing enough and longterm at LFC that might well not change.

Sturridge is more likely to catch the England manager's eye playing lots for S'ton than a little for us.

I'd love if he stayed and was ahppy to play 20 mins every game or so but I doubt he is, not just his agent I reckon.

No chance he'll leave unless we are getting in another striker.

Klopp isn't stupid

Van Dijk to Liverpool as part of any deal if it was to happen I would imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Hope we keep Sturridge
    We are going to need him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

We aren't selling Sturridge with Ings out for the season. An injury to Firmino and we'd be in trouble. Yes, Origi is a good young player, but he seems to have fallen out of favour with Klopp.

It would be stupid.

Augeo wrote: »
    Crouch was nowhere near as good a striker as Sturridge.
    If Sturridge plays consistently he's at least a 1 in 2 striker, he's not getting much minutes under Klopp.

The last time he played consistently was the 13/14 season.

This is the longest Sturridge has been able to play for Liverpool in the last two seasons and it's down to Klopp using him accordingly as a squad player instead of Rodgers needing him for all 90 minutes of every game.

If he's unhappy with this after only 12 league games in which he has featured in most of them then it's a slap in the face to Liverpool football club who rehabilitated him and were patient with his recovery the last two seasons.

He's missed two games already this season with niggling injuries being used sparingly.

If he goes to a club that uses him 90 minutes every game he's going to end up out of action for an extended period of time very soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Goalposts seem to be shifting re Sturridge. A while ago he had to be included in the team no matter how bad his work ethic was because he scored goals and that was what mattered. Now he's trying his best, and doing a great job dropping deep and that's enough. I'd have shifted him out ahead of Benteke as while both are square pegs at least Benteke was scoring from the bench but I guess he was the more valuable asset.

Don't believe the rumour but would back Klopp if he decided to get rid of him. Everyone was questioning him over the left back situation and it appears he got that right. The 20 mins and cup games would also be more beneficial for Origi's development than a player on the decline.

This is the longest Sturridge has been able to play for Liverpool in the last two seasons and it's down to Klopp using him accordingly as a squad player instead of Rodgers needing him for all 90 minutes of every game.................

I think injuries are a tad more coincidental than that.

Was his 2013/2014 season down to some wizard tactics too? No it was just lack of injury, luck, lack of misfortune.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    ............. Now he's trying his best, and doing a great job dropping deep and that's enough. ............

Who says that enough?
    He isn't scoring, but he isn't playing. 40 mins in the last 2 games.

Origi is nothing more than average, and he isn't showing anything in training either judging by the game time he's getting.
    ............. I'd have shifted him out ahead of Benteke...........

Good thing Klopp isn't of the same mindset,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Goalposts seem to be shifting re Sturridge. A while ago he had to be included in the team no matter how bad his work ethic was because he scored goals and that was what mattered. Now he's trying his best, and doing a great job dropping deep and that's enough. I'd have shifted him out ahead of Benteke as while both are square pegs at least Benteke was scoring from the bench but I guess he was the more valuable asset.

Don't believe the rumour but would back Klopp if he decided to get rid of him. Everyone was questioning him over the left back situation and it appears he got that right. The 20 mins and cup games would also be more beneficial for Origi's development than a player on the decline.

Klopp obviously doesn't think so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Cant see sturridge leaving in january but i reckon hes as good as gone next summer

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement