Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

K-9 wrote: »
    Can't remember who it was said Liverpool are better without the ball! Sounds so stupid but there's a lot of truth in it even though we tend to boss possession.

At its best it's actually such an attacking move, it isn't just about getting it back like Barca at their best, but to hurt the opposition with quick, one touch passing and away they go.

Yep, Average's goal last night was a brilliant example of that type of football in full flow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

K-9 wrote: »
    Can't remember who it was said Liverpool are better without the ball! Sounds so stupid but there's a lot of truth in it even though we tend to boss possession

There were times during the 13/14 season when, if the opposition got a corner, I would think "break on here for us, class".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Any updates on Matip and Origi injuries?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Tusky wrote: »
    Any updates on Matip and Origi injuries?

Klopp confirmed Origi will be fine for the derby, nothing on matip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,654 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Was MOTD on last night ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

cjmc wrote: »
    Was MOTD on last night ?

Not sure if this is allowed, but here's our part anyway http://www.molfc.com/middlesbrough-vs-liverpool-motd/

corwill wrote: »
    There were times during the 13/14 season when, if the opposition got a corner, I would think "break on here for us, class".

Scientifically known as Aspas theory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

NukaCola wrote: »
    Chelsea will not continue to win every game. They will drop points. They've been amazing but things are going their way too. They take their chances but its not going to happen every game. A peno, a red card, coming up against a keeper having a blinder, a mistake, injuries.....these will effect every team and the league is so competitive now small things against anyone can cost you points.

We need to keep doing our job first. We are at 2.125 and we've done very well but there is scope for some improvement too. That ppg puts us at 80/81 points. Do that and we are back in CL which should the aim for this season. Let see where we can go without worrying about other teams after 16 games.

The thing about Chelsea though is that though they won't play well in every game - they weren't very good at all last night - they have someone like Courtois. He'd been relatively inactive for most of the match and in injury time was called upon to make a world class save. Absolute quality which will make a massive difference at the end of the season.

True. I remember Wilshere being interviewed after the 5-1 and he openly admitted that they were afraid to give the ball away because of the way we played that day. For the first half an hour, we looked like scoring every time we went forward.
    My favourite moment from that game - bizarrely - is that Suarez effort which didn't go in.
    My least favourite moment was Toure's effort to put in the rebound. Shocker.

• Advertisement

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Scientifically known as Aspas theory.

Well, thanks a bunch for curling out a nutty one on top of my happy reminiscing!

Well, thanks a bunch for curling out a nutty one on top of my happy reminiscing!

There's a reason he's called Turtyturd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

It's gonna cost us 200 million to buy back Suarez now :(

Quick whip around?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Quick whip around?

Would be some whiparound but doable, give us all something to really get our teeth into!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Quick whip around?

Liverpool have 29m fans on Facebook. If they all gave a tenner each, we could get Suarez and have enough left over for a goalkeeper too.

Inform the presses, this is happening people.

mosstin wrote: »
    True. I remember Wilshere being interviewed after the 5-1 and he openly admitted that they were afraid to give the ball away because of the way we played that day. For the first half an hour, we looked like scoring every time we went forward.
    My favourite moment from that game - bizarrely - is that Suarez effort which didn't go in.

My favourite moment from that match was Wilshere's 2nd half Brave Sgt. Major Billy Big Balls act, having disappeared completely up into his own quivering, weeping sphincter in the 1st half. Never so relaxed have I been at the whistle to commence 2nd half, I sat back and watched his risible gobsh!tery with the greatest of pleasure, the sort of pleasant, warm feeling you get reading the end of A Christmas Carol.

• Advertisement

Quick whip around?

Bring 'Louie' home.

Was robbed of the Balon D'or during the week too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Quick whip around?

Cheeky €200,000,001 bid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

mosstin wrote: »

That shot, the crossbar is still rattling.
    One of those rare times you genuinely go wow watching football, defying the laws of physics!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Kickstarter? How long before clubs start doing that?
    Donate €10 and you'll get nithing.
    Donate €20 and Suarez will sign for a season after he's fcuked as a player.
    Donate €30 and he'll sign next season
    Donate €50 and he'll sign in January.
    Donate €100 and he'll sign in January and bring Ter Stegan with him.
    Donate €1000 and Sakho will paint your house with materials supplied

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Kickstarter? How long before clubs start doing that?
    Donate €10 and you'll get nithing.
    Donate €20 and Suarez will sign for a season after he's fcuked as a player.
    Donate €30 and he'll sign next season
    Donate €50 and he'll sign in January.
    Donate €100 and he'll sign in January and bring Ter Stegan with him.
    Donate €1000 and Sakho will paint your house with materials supplied

Donate €1200 and you can touch Sturridge's stigmata.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Mike Dean and his big bag of hallucinogens will be reffing the game against Everton.

The guy is off his noodle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Vicxas wrote: »
    Just dont rise up to it :D

Oh I won't but seriously, "If Bayern come calling"??? What the actual fcuk? As if they haven't already tried to get him numerous times over the years. Klopp is a breath of fresh air and a reminder that to some people money isn't everything. Anyone who wishes should feel free to quote this post if he ever does leave us for Bayern but I would say the chances are close to 0, if not 0.

Anyone wrote: »
    Cheeky €200,000,001 bid

Barcelona's John Henry type guy - What are they smoking over in the Liverpool super thread?

Kerrigooney - a big bag of hallucinogens. And breakfast

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Watched the Bolton game other night and Sammy Ameobi really stood out. Not sure he's a natural winger but think as a central midfielder he would be worth a look

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

martyos121 wrote: »
    Liverpool have 29m fans on Facebook. If they all gave a tenner each, we could get Suarez and have enough left over for a goalkeeper too.

Thats probably a weeks wages for half those lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,482 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

If Liverpool had a GO FUND ME page for transfer kitty each summer it would raise 300 million easy , every summer we could have 300 million to spend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,482 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Thats probably a weeks wages for half those lads

How about a tenner a year for the 80 million fans plus world wide. What fan would say no if asked. That would give us 800 million to spend on players every year.
    I believe in numbers, just like Facebook so on, Liverpool has probably 100 million fans that it just ignores when then should be signing them up to website and making at least a tenner a year off of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    Watched the Bolton game other night and Sammy Ameobi really stood out. Not sure he's a natural winger but think as a central midfielder he would be worth a look

Stop now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Donate €1200 and you can touch Sturridge's stigmata.

You're a truly terrible man, will :-)

I'd rather sign his grandfather, Shola.

• Advertisement

You're a truly terrible man, will :-)

€2400 raised from boards within 5 minutes of going live.

€2400 raised from boards within 5 minutes of going live.

Looks like turtyturd's family are living on beans and toast and using 30w bulbs for the foreseeable future.
    Coulson is defaulting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

If Liverpool had a GO FUND ME page for transfer kitty each summer it would raise 300 million easy , every summer we could have 300 million to spend.

Our first signing.

Anfield-Cat-1-390x285.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Looks like turtyturd's family are living on beans and toast and using 30w bulbs for the foreseeable future.
    Coulson is defaulting.

I see you're typing up the list. Typical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

If we weren't so unpredictable at a the back I'd love to see us just let the opposition have the ball and be their own undoing.

Totally! 3/4's joking, but, like partially serious, I was thinking before that our best bet for scoring would be to just not even try that nicely weighted final ball. Thats always the one that gets blocked out, and is easier for the opposition to intercept and control...instead for that final ball just blast it straight at the defenders feet. Give him something to struggle to control, and swarm him. Those are the circumstances we really thrive in, and very often come away with the ball. And if that's happening in their box, make your next touch a shot, and we score buckets! Foolproof!
    How about a tenner a year for the 80 million fans plus world wide. What fan would say no if asked. That would give us 800 million to spend on players every year.
    I believe in numbers, just like Facebook so on, Liverpool has probably 100 million fans that it just ignores when then should be signing them up to website and making at least a tenner a year off of them.

I know you're kinda going tongue in cheek here, but;
    1) if this is a thing we could do, i'd much rather we did it for, like, cancer research.
    2) For a huge amount of those supposedly 80 - 100 million fans, they live in parts of the world where a tenner is a bloody lot of money.
    3) That's just not how the world works. Christ, I don't even give a tenner to the dude guilt tripping me to my face on the street about starving kids and exploding puppies! Sure, you'd get a certain amount, but i'd guess it would be in the thousands worldwide, rather than millions. And frankly, that'd be too much. We shouldn't be paying money - altruistically, with nothing personally in return - to a massive multi-million pound company, to pay another multi-million pound company, to get a multi-million pound player to sign on for multi-million pound wages. All that does is cause the already-bat**** footballing economy to inflate to even more barnstormingly ludicrous proportions.

So, in short, no! Bold Toby!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

martyos121 wrote: »

I'm in! How could he refuse coming back then too after 29 million people not only wanting him back but putting up their money for it? I'm sure it would work! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Forgot the Jan window is fast approaching, be interesting to see if we make any moves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

5Rkt0lG.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

My favourite moment from that match was Wilshere's 2nd half Brave Sgt. Major Billy Big Balls act, having disappeared completely up into his own quivering, weeping sphincter in the 1st half. Never so relaxed have I been at the whistle to commence 2nd half, I sat back and watched his risible gobsh!tery with the greatest of pleasure, the sort of pleasant, warm feeling you get reading the end of A Christmas Carol.

This is f*cking poetic :D

More posts like this please

x43r0 wrote: »
    This is f*cking poetic :D

More posts like this please

The one gooner I work with doesn't talk to me much anymore. I just love talking about that game. It's one of my all time favs. We should have scored more, though, the scoreline seriously flattered Arsenal.

The one gooner I work with doesn't talk to me much anymore. I just love talking about that game. It's one of my all time favs. We should have scored more, though, the scoreline seriously flattered Arsenal.

Convinced me to dig this out and have a glance through it.

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057143478/1

Such confidence in the first few pages. it's almost like they forgot they support Arsenal, and that it was February.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Such confidence in the first few pages. it's almost like they forgot they support Arsenal, and that it was February.

Glorious. Had forgotten how much fun I had in that thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Reading the thread it was funnier that some United posters wanted Arsenal to win for top 4......I mean, at least Arsenal fans had a reason to be optimistic at the the time but United were pure dog ****......

Was a really strange thread but one of the best games I've seen us play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Funny read alright.

Many people wanted Allen to play instead of Coutinho!

Amazing to think after that great win that Rodgers got the sack 20 months later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I forgot how much Mike65 wound people up :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

It's why he had to be withdrawn from the market. What happened to Oranage2? (serious question)

murpho999 wrote: »
    Funny read alright.

Many people wanted Allen to play instead of Coutinho!

Amazing to think after that great win that Rodgers got the sack 20 months later.

20 months is a long time though. At the end of that 20 months we were regularly playing like Arsenal. He also didn't do himself any favours with his politicking.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

It's why he had to be withdrawn from the market. What happened to Oranage2? (serious question)

He's still around isn't he? Not as often, but as Gerry would say, "he hasn't gone away you know".

That Mike65 lad would have over 100k posts by now if he had stayed around, probably approaching 105k I'd say.

Anyone know what happened to him? Quite the mystery...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

From today's presser :D:D

Klopp.
    "I once used Rocky 4 in one of my team talks but stopped when I realised that hardly anyone in the room had watched it."

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement