Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

To be fair has he had to make a single save in the last two games!?

Well he set up the wall perfectly for a free kick tonight

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

J Mysterio wrote: »
    I'd assume its when you recieve a ball or pass on the move. If yiu carry it with you without breaking your stride, you took it on well.

That's what I had always assumed (silly stat anyway) but saw something earlier that made little sense in that context.

Stupid phrase thing anyhow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Knex. wrote: »
    Strong save near post to the top corner against Boro as well. Was actually a difficult enough one.

True, forgot that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Team in second leading up to Christmas are 9/10 behind the team in first at the start of St Stephens day.
    Bodes well for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,488 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Can't score without shooting, Sturridge keeping it simple and showing the way.
    Need to de direct, we passed and passed to much, no killer instinct until Sturridge shoots on goal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Jaysus Koeman is bitter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Liverpool tried to play a bit of football and succeeded the odd time, but when Everton turn their pitch into a bog and then kick the opposition up and down the pitch all game long, it's not surprising that football is going to be another one of the casualties.

Jesus they're awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Every time I think Sturridge is a broken docket, he seems to make an important contribution. If he's not on the pitch, I don't think we score. He's the only one who'd have taken that shot on.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Team in second leading up to Christmas are 9/10 behind the team in first at the start of St Stephens day.
    Bodes well for us.

What?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Mr. FoggPatches

Be honest, when sturridge's tiddler was going towards goal, how many people went 'ah ffs', cos I did. Quickly followed by gtfi!!!

• Advertisement

Can't score without shooting, Sturridge keeping it simple and showing the way.
    Need to de direct, we passed and passed to much, no killer instinct until Sturridge shoots on goal.

I don't want us thumping it at the goal at the slightest opportunity, but some of our reticence to shoot is getting on my tits. Wijnaldum and Firmino are the biggest offenders.

They're both good strikers of the ball. That's a part of the pitch where, particularly in games with not as many chance, I think we can afford to take a few more risks.
    It doesn't have to be a perfect open goal or nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Another Merseybowl win, albeit in overtime.

Be honest, when sturridge's tiddler was going towards goal, how many people went 'ah ffs', cos I did. Quickly followed by gtfi!!!

I remember having time to think the complete sentence, "Jesus ****, it's actually going to creep in", such was the lack of pace on the shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

No Mane for United and Chelsea in January is already depressing me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Jaysus Koeman is bitter

What did he have to say for himself?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

SlickRic wrote: »
    Every time I think Sturridge is a broken docket, he seems to make an important contribution. If he's not on the pitch, I don't think we score. He's the only one who'd have taken that shot on.

There has been a couple of games there was too much pfaffing about in front of goal.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

kfallon wrote: »
    What did he have to say for himself?

Said the ref was poor, which is correct, but he said he was poor for not sending Lovren off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

So important we keep Sturridge. Squad just isn't strong enough to let a player of his calibre go.

5starpool wrote: »
    What?

I could edit to make sense but there's 9/10 that I won't make it any more.

Lovern played well tonight, I like that yellow he took.
    Apparently we have one of the lowest tallies of cards. Sounds right as we really should be more cynical in breaking up attacks.
    Sometimes a yellow is better than a chance against the goal and it's nice to see someone do it tonight.
    Also I think lovern is bringing to show that he's not just decent beside Matip but is decent in general (or at least when Skrtel isn't around).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Fairly desperate there from Koeman suggesting lovern deserved a yellow for reacting to that horrible challenge.

• Advertisement

Origi is still like a green banana sometimes but he's still not an average banana.
    Room for both him and studge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

niallo27 wrote: »
    Fairly desperate there from Koeman suggesting lovern deserved a yellow for reacting to that horrible challenge.

As I said in the match thread, Coleman knew what he was doing rushing over from the other side of the pitch.

Ref didn't fall for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Presenter and Carra only ones to talk to Klopp

Gary said nothing, just stood there.

Back in yer box Gary!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Could Coutinho be at least on the bench for stoke ,need him back quick. I wouldn't get carried away looking up the table at Chelsea, serious pressure behind us,united in sixth are only 7 points behind us with 21 games to go ,need to get top 4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Origi is still like a green banana sometimes but he's still not an average banana.
    Room for both him and studge.

Ahhh Heyor

sword1 wrote: »
    Could Coutinho be at least on the bench for stoke ,need him back quick. I wouldn't get carried away looking up the table at Chelsea, serious pressure behind us,united in sixth are only 7 points behind us with 21 games to go ,need to get top 4

Best he'll do I'd say would be the bench for the City game, and start vs Sunderland.

Gbear wrote: »
    ......... but some of our reticence to shoot is getting on my tits. Wijnaldum and Firmino are the biggest offenders...........

To be fair Wij' isn't related to a striker, and despite whatever whatever bla bla tracking back main man etc etc Firmino isn't an out and out striker either.......... so they are of course not going to take on shots that an out and out striker will :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

sword1 wrote: »

effectively 8 behind with our far superior GD

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Great win from 30 minutes on we played well. It was a tough game and we got what we deserved . Great start to the season we have played 7 home games and 10 away games so are in a great position.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I could edit to make sense but there's 9/10 that I won't make it any more.

Lovern played well tonight, I like that yellow he took.
    Apparently we have one of the lowest tallies of cards. Sounds right as we really should be more cynical in breaking up attacks.
    Sometimes a yellow is better than a chance against the goal and it's nice to see someone do it tonight.
    Also I think lovern is bringing to show that he's not just decent beside Matip but is decent in general (or at least when Skrtel isn't around).

Lovern just needs to keep it to basics, be tough and trust his centre half partner. The latter is a major flaw I see as there are plenty of times that he thinks his partner isn't going to win the ball and darts out of position to try win it.
    He even done it tonight and hoofed the ball off Klavans toe when he was controlling it.
    The less he does that, the better he is.

Great result tonight, deadly getting that late winner.

Ahhh Heyor

He's still very raw at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

When is he off?

After the next 3 PL games. Will miss United, Swansea and perhaps Chelsea in the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Tbh if we fall behind United we don't deserve 4th. They are going to have to go on a Chelsea like run to get second.

It's amazing for a team that wouldn't take any of our players they are 6th. Must mean they've a crap manager.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Huge win tonight, get the feck in!! First 1 nil of the season and it was a battle, we kept our heads and kept playing the right way.
    To score a winner in extra time in a derby game that we dominated is hugely satisfying and very promising.
    It's a gritty mentality we needed to show, well done lads enjoy the party tonight.
    Lovren MOTM for me, Henderson excellent too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

ElTel wrote: »
    After the next 3 PL games. Will miss United, Swansea and perhaps Chelsea in the league.

Senegal are entitled to have him join up with them on the morning of the Sunderland game, has there been something said about them allowing him to play for Liverpool instead and go to the international squad a day late?

K-9 wrote: »
    Tbh if we fall behind United we don't deserve 4th. They are going to have to go on a Chelsea like run to get second.

It's amazing for a team that wouldn't take any of our players they are 6th. Must mean they've a crap manager.

Those lads are good for a laugh alright. Firmino in his current form would probably start for them. Would probably have Klavan or Lucas starting for them at CB too.

And Karius in goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

When someone uses their own quotes to make fools of them.

Now that's the real Christmas for me. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Those lads are good for a laugh alright. Firmino in his current form would probably start for them. Would probably have Klavan or Lucas starting for them at CB too.

And Karius in goal.

Too much,man...too much.

smile.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Great win only team looking to play football, Barkley should have been sent off twice.

Oh and nice chants from the blue side as always with those on here from the blue half defending it lol

• Advertisement

Boom and Bust.

Mid boom at the minute

Chelsea have some tough away games, they have faced City and Arsenal away already.
    They Still have to face
    Spurs, Liverpool, United, Everton away.
    We face City and United
    Could be something to cling to

We play two home games next followed by a trip to Wunderland . HAve to take 9 from these 3 and hope SPurs take Chelsea out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

We have a tough schedule.
    3 games in 6 days. Stay within 6 of Chelsea & I would be happy. We have an ideal run in from March onwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Bold choices by the pundits on Sky's MNF.

When asked about a player to watch for the remainder of the season..

Carra chose £100M Pogba and Neville went with £37M Sane.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Them and Chelsea are the best two teams in the league based on all recent evidence was a cracker in that thread yesterday. The critirea is just over the last 3 games.

Was Neville not allowed pick a United player?

Also surprised to see Carra going with Mr Thursday night when BT have the rights to that competition.

Capture.png

Just watched the tackle on Henderson again on MOTD. Thank God his studs didnt catch in the pitch, otherwise it could have been disastrous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I think MNF analysis is gone very poor . All we hear about is how pace,power & strength is so important.
    2 best ball winners in the PL are Gueye 5"7 & Kante 5"6. Sanchez,Coutinho & Hazard all about 5"7 3 of the best players in the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Great to be talked about in every thread.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement