Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,488 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

niallo27 wrote: »
    Great to be talked about in every thread.

You personally

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Klavan was very impressive tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

After the first 20 minutes, he looked good alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

If he was English & cost 50m he would be getting alot of praise for how comfortable he is on the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Ever since that Cruyff turn when he came on against West Ham couple weeks ago he's hardly put a foot wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Capture.png

New screensaver at work!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

828d2c0d9eaa907d7dacea7968b307e3.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Never say die attitude. Everton were shocking in second half, Danny did well when he came on to fashion that chance for Mane to tap in. Boom

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Senegal are entitled to have him join up with them on the morning of the Sunderland game, has there been something said about them allowing him to play for Liverpool instead and go to the international squad a day late?

I don't know to be honest. But a lot of brown envelopes and a plane that will accomodate all the players could be negotiated perhaps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Here, not to be that guy, but Henderson is lucky that his career isn't in the balance after that Barkley challenge. Fair play to him for being magnanimous about it, and obviously the win helps there, but he's haunted to not have broken his leg. If it was planted, you're looking at a shattered fibia & tibia job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Another nice touch by getting the 3 points tonight is that Arsenal only lost to Everton last week so in effect our loss to Bournemouth has been somewhat absorbed vis a vis battling them for top 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Back in yer box Gary!

I still hate his brother for stopping Lucas' shot back in 2007. Derby debut, inches from being the instant hero and pleb Neville blocks his shot on the line with his hands. The following few years could have been a lot kinder to poor Lucas if he'd scored that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

5starpool wrote: »
    Another red card (but not for an assault injuring someone) and a 4-0 thumping for his team again will do me.

Unlikely to be that pleasurable though. Been a while since we got a late winner, hasn't it? I don't think it's happened this season that we've had an injury time winner (not for us anyhow), so tonight would be good for it.

For your next trick, can you post tomorrow's lotto numbers?

The pain and anguish caused by a late Liverpool win is simply glorious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

I like Allen as a player but Gini does all Joe did and then some. A very worthwhile upgrade

I like Allen as a player but Gini does all Joe did and then some. A very worthwhile upgrade

• Advertisement

I like Allen as a player but Gini does all Joe did and then some. A very worthwhile upgrade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

So good he had to say it thrice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

I just realised I have the whole match thread to read through today.

Sweeeeeeeet:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

I feel wijinaldum suffers from a lack of confidence to shoot. I watched some games of him in Holland and he seemed much more willing to score back then ,compared to now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Wonderful way to win a derby! Was maybe slightly concerned during the first 30 minutes and wondering would Everton have a new DVD out by this morning but we were immense for the other 69 minutes or whatever it was and deserved the win.

Barkley's tackle was a shocker!!! You could see Klopp immediately put his hands on his head and thought Hendo was going to be in huge trouble. I was surprised myself that he got up from it.
    And then Koeman comes out saying Barkley MIGHT have been lucky not to be sent off but Lovren definitely should have seen red.
    Where would you get it? Cringeworthy stuff instead of just acknowledging the tackle was brutal.
    This being the same man who came on after they beat Arsenal and slagged off Wenger for always moaning about the ref when his team loses.

Huge credit to Klavan and Lovren last night. Despite Alan Smith's bizarre comments about Klavan early on, they both did great and handled Lukaku brilliantly.
    Sometimes against a huge tank of a forward like him you have to accept that you won't always be first to things in the air so you let him get his flicks and win the breaking balls and we did that all night.
    A lot of other defenders would have been barging into him and giving away countless frees but our two CB's got it spot on.
    No Matip and still we looked completely solid, Mignolet had barely anything to do.

Would love to have been in with our fans when that goal went it. Great way to beat the Bitters!

Happy fookin Christmas indeed!!! :)

• Advertisement

Slightly different role I would have thought.

Sorry for the triple post. Can't seem to delete while on mobile (sitting on a plane in Edinburgh waiting for fog to clear in Dublin airport)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Another nice touch by getting the 3 points tonight is that Arsenal only lost to Everton last week so in effect our loss to Bournemouth has been somewhat absorbed vis a vis battling them for top 4.

Top 4? I'm only looking up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Huge credit to Klavan and Lovren last night. Despite Alan Smith's bizarre comments about Klavan early on, they both did great and handled Lukaku brilliantly.

Yeah when he made that comment after 23 minutes I was wondering if we'd been watching the same game, thought Klavan had done really well. I didn't hold out much hope for him after the early games he played in but he was very good when he came on against West Ham and I thought was very good last night (only saw highlights of Boro game on MOTD)

Throw in the fact that Lukaku et al scored 8 past Klavan a few weeks ago and it prob throws an extra shine on his performance last night!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

So in injury time last night (and after many, many pints) I did this to try and mitigate the misery of the draw

404326.png

Any chance of a whip round? :o

Just had a thought there about Wijnaldum.

I like Allen as a player but Gini does all Joe did and then some. A very worthwhile upgrade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Knex. wrote: »
    Just had a thought there about Wijnaldum.

Wouldn't mind a few goals from mid though if I was greedy, something that Allen didn't provide us enough with either tbh.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

x43r0 wrote: »
    So in injury time last night (and after many, many pints) I did this to try and mitigate the misery of the draw

404326.png

You contributed as much to the result as Sturridge did. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Only saw the highlights last night - Everton huffed and puffed by the looks of it but we seemed reasonably comfortable throughout (?).
    7 points from Bournmouth (A), West Ham (H), Boro (A) and Everton (A) is probably a reasonable return on paper - shame we made such a mess of the 2 potentially easier games.
    Final random observation - I was hugely underwhelmed with the signings of Mane and Wijnaldum tbh but happy to admit they've both proved me wrong big time. Hopefully Sturridge can step up to fill the void when Mane goes to AFCON

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

I get the joke but gini has goals in his ability that we have not seen yet.I know Allen is having a great season but it could be that we won't see the best from gini for a year or two when he will hit a purple patch of adding alot of goals also .I don't know offhand what lallana scored last year but he has added alot of goals this year.Wasn't the way lallana went to klopp to celebrate fantastic. Love the way klopp looks half sane till he puts his jaw to one side and looks absolutely crackers then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

My alternative Christmas table

43 Chelsea
    37 Liverpool
    36 Man City
    34 Arsenal
    33 Tottenham
    30 Man Utd
    24 Southampton
    23 West Brom Everton
    21 Bournemouth Stoke Watford
    19 West Ham
    18 Middlesbrough
    17 Leicester Burnley
    15 Crystal Palace
    14 Sunderland
    12 Swansea Hull City

Chelsea have 2 very winnable games coming up which could leave them on 13 wins in a row. That's nuts.

We've won some big away matches this season and are strong at home. Barring a major injury crisis we should got top 4 tbh.

Mané going in January is a mess though. **** the ANC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

That was glorious last night. After Everton spending 95 mins trying to injure our players the look on their faces after the goal like they just got a bag of coal for Christmas was ****ing priceless.

Mane has been a fantastic signing, really pleased with him. Tough, fast and scores goals, plenty to like about him.

I feel sick over those 5 points still, we could be right on top of Chelsea but hopefully our blip is over now and we can push on. Stoke H, City H, Sunderland A, all are winnable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Chelsea have 2 very winnable games coming up which could leave them on 13 wins in a row. That's nuts.

We've won some big away matches this season and are strong at home. Barring a major injury crisis we should got top 4 tbh.

I'm very interested to see how Chelsea do without Kante and costa at the weekend, but like you say their next 2 games are very winnable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

404326.png

Would €7 have mitigated that misery?

LiamoSail wrote: »

I know yeah. Losing 50 euro for the chance to earn 7 :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

50 sterling!!!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

If Chelsea win at home to Bournemouth and Stoke, then after 19 games they will have 49 points, which is on target for 98 points (I know it never works out that way). That's nuts.

x43r0. Ya big fucking dingus :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Make sure you stick on another fifty next time we're drawing 0-0 late on! :)

sword1 wrote: »
    I get the joke but gini has goals in his ability that we have not seen yet.I know Allen is having a great season but it could be that we won't see the best from gini for a year or two when he will hit a purple patch of adding alot of goals also .I don't know offhand what lallana scored last year but he has added alot of goals this year.Wasn't the way lallana went to klopp to celebrate fantastic. Love the way klopp looks half sane till he puts his jaw to one side and looks absolutely crackers then

Great point, Wij' is only settling in and is doing great. We don't miss Allen at all, no offence to Joe meant in any way.

Also Wij' isn't a nailed on starter and when Lallana is playing in the 10 role with 3 lads as a front 3 ahead of him it makes it harder for the other midfielders to score from a spacial and positioning perspective.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

LiamoSail wrote: »
    kfallon wrote: »
    50 sterling!!!

Let's not try to apply logic here guys

Booze is a powerful thing

George-Cheers.gif

Wijnaldum is playing a much deeper role generally than he has been previously as well, so that is generally going to result in less goals, plus he is still adjusting to it and a new team. He has done well, especially since he has not always played, although he has done most games.

With the City and Sunderland games especially coming so soon after each other, I expect a bit of rotation for the Sunderland game. Hopefully not too much will be necessary, but I reckon the likes of Lucas/Sturridge/Moreno/Klavan could start that game, with whoever from Can/Wijnaldum doesn't play vs City to start too, plus Coutinho might be due a start then hopefully too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Coutinho I doubt will be ready to start vs City.
    A great player to have to come off the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Big win. Huge win. Fúcking great win.
    Away Derby victory. 3 points. No injuries. Back to back clean sheets.

Get the fúck in !!!!!!

5 clean sheets in the last 7 games :D

• Advertisement

MD1990 wrote: »
    Coutinho I doubt will be ready to start vs City.
    A great player to have to come off the bench.

I don't think so either, but hopefully will start vs Sunderland a couple of days later.

I can see the druken logic tbf.

If it's a draw you make a small profit. If Liverpool score you won't actually care about the money.

If Everton had scored a winner I'm guessing we might not have heard about it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I can the druken logic tbf.

If it's a drawing you make a small profit. If Liverpool score you won't actually care about the money.

If Everton had scored a winner I'm guessing we might not have heard about it!!

They could have been still playing until now and Everton wouldn't have scored yet

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

15590212_10154733941816132_4207839122314069536_n.png?oh=dc5880b4a73ed327b9a0324bc34f93c3&oe=58EFE988

Anyone know how Rossiter is doing?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement