Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Knex. wrote: »
    Anyone know how Rossiter is doing?

Think he's been injured a lot

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    I can see the druken logic tbf.

If it's a draw you make a small profit. If Liverpool score you won't actually care about the money.

If Everton had scored a winner I'm guessing we might not have heard about it!!

But the profit is €7. I could understand if it were a few hundred, but €7?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Gamblor strikes again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

My alternative Christmas table

My alternative Christmas table would be sitting down to eat turkey and ham without the in-laws
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

Just had a thought there about Wijnaldum.

I like Allen as a player but Gini does all Joe did and then some. A very worthwhile upgrade.

Ye great big bo11ix!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Remained really hopeful that we would get a winner last night all through the 2nd half.

Different to the majority of the last decade or so when a team parks the bus and we can't score I get that feeling that it's "one of those days". Not sure if it's the belief Klopp has managed to instil in his players (or maybe even in the fans too), or the attacking quality we have, but it's nice to have that constant feeling of anticipation rather than a feeling of resignation.

Well deserved win last night and really solid team performance despite no player in particular really shining or standing out.

Mane and Coutinho are the attacking stars of this team. Unfortunately we'll have a chunk of this season without them so the league will almost certainly be one step too far. If we could find ourselves still in touch come the end of the African Cup of Nations then there's a chance, but Chelsea look too relentlessly efficient

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Time to get behind Tunisia, Algeria & Zimbabwe and hope Mane is on the early plane home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

GBX wrote: »
    Time to get behind Tunisia, Algeria & Zimbabwe and hope Mane is on the early plane home.

I'm just praying that Mane doesn't get injured during the ACON. That would truly be a disaster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

GiftofGab wrote: »
    I'm just praying that Mane doesn't get injured during the ACON. That would truly be a disaster.

Or even shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

What a night last night. I was nervous for the first 20 minutes. The crowd were really getting behind Everton and the atmosphere seemed incredible at the game. Very happy to ride that initial storm, although they never really tested Mignolet.

We dominated the 2nd half but thought we didn't create as many chances as we usually do. Mane was our best player. I thought if something was going to happen it would be him. I also have to admit I wasn't as optimistic as the posters here - I believed it would end a 0-0 draw.

I think this a lot, but that was seriously a season changing game. Lose / draw that game and a lot of fans would lose hope of a title challenge. We're still in it but Chelsea are looking strong. Great to dig in deep for a scrappy 1-0 away from home on a MNF derby night. Our defense was solid.

It would be great to get 2 wins in the next 2 games, pull away from City and put our dominance on the league going into 2017.

• Advertisement

Anyone a bit worried about Firminhio. Does he need a break even his touch was poor last night.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

niallo27 wrote: »
    Anyone a bit worried about Firminhio. Does he need a break even his touch was poor last night.

I think he just misses Phil, not in the feelings department, rather that Couthino stays close to him and they exchange quick passes with each other. Others like Lallana, Origi, Mane all run into space which is not necessarily close to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

He looked jaded all right, every time the ball was passed into him it felt like a 50:50 as to whether he could control it, hold off the challenge and retain possession. Pity we don't have an adequate sub for now, to facilitate rotation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

He needs playing in the middle, last night he was within a sneeze of scoring twice and assisting once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I am so impressed with Mane and Matip. Gigi has done just fine along with Klavan. The only summer signing I'm a little disappointed in is Karius but given time I see him doing well.

Also have to say that Lalana, Milner and Henderson have done very well this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Just had a thought there about Wijnaldum.

I like Allen as a player but Gini does all Joe did and then some. A very worthwhile upgrade.

I like Wijnaldum, but I dont think he is any better than Allen.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I see Real got their transfer ban reduced so they'll be allowed to buy players in the summer. Possibly bad news on the Coutinho front, at least in speculation terms if he continues to perform.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

5starpool wrote: »
    I see Real got their transfer ban reduced so they'll be allowed to buy players in the summer. Possibly bad news on the Coutinho front, at least in speculation terms if he continues to perform.

Hopefully they spend the kitty on bringing DDG home instead, albeit he doesn't look quite so good this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

J Mysterio wrote: »

He seems to go missing a bit in games when we struggle. He's nice and tidy on the ball though.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

No game from now to 27th, training of course but it's a rest ish.

As mentioned Coutinho being out is quite likely a large factor coupled with his performances in the first 10 games or so being very good. Hard to sustain that over a season.

My reaction was the same cheer and then stop. They showed the ref and everyone stopped. I thought it was offsife

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

He's been missing a lot of chances - probably should have 4 or 5 more goals at this stage. I've no doubt he will come good though. Just glad we have others in the team now (Lallana, Mane etc) who can step up. I'd love for Sturridge to get some more minutes over Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

He needs playing in the middle, last night he was within a sneeze of scoring twice and assisting once.

Both he and the team in general were a lot better when he was moved central last night.

Origi doesn't quite have the knack yet for playing that central role in a manner that brings others into the game, or really enforcing himself as an outlet. There's time yet, but Firmino offers a lot more from that striker role right now, I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Chelsea have 2 very winnable games coming up which could leave them on 13 wins in a row. That's nuts.

We've won some big away matches this season and are strong at home. Barring a major injury crisis we should got top 4 tbh.

Mané going in January is a mess though. **** the ANC

I still can't comprehend how they get away with running an international tournament bank in the middle of the season for most of the players playing in that tournament. If not most then certainly the best ones. The clubs pay their wages and them being taken away like that in Jan is totally nonsense imo.

• Advertisement

mormank wrote: »
    I still can't comprehend how they get away with running an international tournament bank in the middle of the season for most of the players playing in that tournament. If not most then certainly the best ones. The clubs pay their wages and them being taken away like that in Jan is totally nonsense imo.

It's nothing compared to the annoyance at a few years of messed up seasons for the Qatar world cup. Obviously it won't be just one or two players per team, the whole league will stop, but that'll be worse imo.

I'm hoping Mane gets sent off with a 3 game ban in his last group game, or possibly something that earns him a lifetime international ban, like punching the head of the African football federation or something,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Both he and the team in general were a lot better when he was moved central last night.

Origi doesn't quite have the knack yet for playing that central role in a manner that brings others into the game, or really enforcing himself as an outlet. There's time yet, but Firmino offers a lot more from that striker role right now, I think.

I think Firmino's current form is similar to when he first joined. You can see the ideas, and what he's attempting. The hard work is there but it's just not quite coming off. No doubt he will come good again and hopefully it's before people start labelling him a hairdresser and calling for him to be loaned out again.

As for Origi, I think last night showed that as good as he is he needs to work on his decision making. A few times he had the opportunity to play Firmino in but tried to take on his man. He'll get away with that in most games where we're creating plenty of chances but in tight games it could be costly. Although we scored as a result of a poor decision to take a shot so maybe he'll be ok.

Mentally and technically he is a far superior player to Allen imo. Some of his one touch passes for 1-2's etc is so quick, someone like Allen would still be concentrating on controlling the ball in the time it takes Wij to have already played the ball off to someone else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

A hairdresser! That was a classic.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

mormank wrote: »
    It's frustrating but the WC interrupts plenty of domestic competitions too, certainly the South American ones.

Surely the priority with the African Nations Cup scheduling should be domestic African football rather than European football?

I don't think every international tournament should be scheduled to suit Europe at the expense of every other continent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Hopefully everyone stays fit while Mané goes away and we can bring Sturridge back into the team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

5 clean sheets in the last 7 games. Bournemouth and West Ham being the two games we dropped points in.

It's nothing compared to the annoyance at a few years of messed up seasons for the Qatar world cup. Obviously it won't be just one or two players per team, the whole league will stop, but that'll be worse imo.

I'm hoping Mane gets sent off with a 3 game ban in his last group game, or possibly something that earns him a lifetime international ban, like punching the head of the African football federation or something,

Well at least if the league stops it's the same for everyone. This theoretically could cost us a title ffs. I mean, sure it was funny when it was Chelsea losing Drogba or someone else but now that it's happening to us it doesn't seem so funny. :mad:

Turtyturd wrote: »
    ....................... Although we scored as a result of a poor decision to take a shot so maybe he'll be ok.

haha

The striker who made that decision is a tad more knowledgeable about taking shots than you turdy.

Fingers crossed Firmino was looking, he might learn something

But that's exactly what happens in other countries for the WC. I think a winter WC would be fairer for a change

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I was almost afraid yo say this on here given all the wini love.

He seems fairly neat and tidy / replaceable to me!

LiamoSail wrote: »
    It's frustrating but the WC interrupts plenty of domestic competitions too, certainly the South American ones.

Surely the priority with the African Nations Cup scheduling should be domestic African football rather than European football?

I don't think every international tournament should be scheduled to suit Europe at the expense of every other continent
    But that's exactly what happens in other countries for the WC. I think a winter WC would be fairer for a change

Listen here, Liamo. I'm only concerned about myself, and my football. Not that watered down, watched through the haze of a flare, referee beating, tax dodging, HGH infestation that they have going on in South America. Or anywhere else for that matter.

Football = Premier League. Sky invented the shit, so England get to make the rules.

**** your internationals, **** your African Cup of Nations, and ab-so-lutely **** your Copa Libertadores.

If they want to play my football, nay, our football, this is the price they pay.

Now lets go start a chant.

But I don't care about THEM, i care about ME.

But I don't care about THEM, i care about ME.

This guy gets it. Liamo then with his conscientious nature, the eejit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

If the ACN competition and the (meagre) money it brings to grassroots in Africa didn't exist then theres a good chance Mane wouldn't be playing football for us anyway so we'd be no better off.

Also presumably Senegal winning it in Jan 2001 was a huge event in his youth and helped him to where he is now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

This guy gets it. Liamo then with his conscientious nature, the eejit.
    A bit off topic but which Liamo is he again?

I can't keep track of them, which one is our Liamo?

I'm the devilishly handsome one that both supports and hates liverpool in equal measure

I'm the devilishly handsome one that both supports and hates liverpool in equal measure

Presume the other one is rarnes then?

The other one should change his icon to Bluto so we know who the bad guy is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Always nice when the only thing people can try and give out about is our fans, everything on the pitch must be going well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Worst fans in the world are back.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Worst fans in the world are back.

Not until we're top of the league, so it'll be a while before we're truly the worst.

Apparently, we've only a 4% probability of finishing outside of the top 4.

Man United, for contrast, have only a 15% probability of finishing in the top 4.

http://imgur.com/THcTbMF

Seems fairly wishy washy, but there ya go.

Apparently, we've only a 4% probability of finishing outside of the top 4.

Man United, for contrast, have only a 15% probability of finishing in the top 4.

http://imgur.com/THcTbMF

Seems fairly wishy washy, but there ya go.

79% probability those figures are meaningless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

There's no need to force all the competitions into one period.

They should just have international breaks laid out in a less idiotic fashion.

They could **** off both those international breaks in November October, move them to one longer one in February and that's it. Job done.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement