Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

ricero wrote: »
    Cant see sturridge leaving in january but i reckon hes as good as gone next summer

That's seemingly the most likely scenario.

If that does happen and Coutinho is sold too we'll have to be very wise with our transfers in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Augeo wrote: »
    Who says that enough?
    He isn't scoring, but he isn't playing. 40 mins in the last 2 games.

Origi is nothing more than average, and he isn't showing anything in training either judging by the game time he's getting.

Good thing Klopp isn't of the same mindset,

Not true at all.
    He was outstanding against Spurs in the League Cup. Excellent prospect but has struggled for games considering the form of our attacking players.
    Long term I think Origi will be a very good striker & can play on the wing as well. His pace always means he will be a threat.

MD1990 wrote: »
    Not true at all. .............

Time will tell no doubt. At the moment he's average.
    He had a purple patch last season when we were playing differently to how we play now. Can't see him featuring much this season unless we have a few injuries.

If we played with two actual strikers up front I reckon he'd do well. Longterm he will go on to be less than a goal every 2 games striker IMO and I doubt that'll be at LFC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Not true at all.
    He was outstanding against Spurs in the League Cup. Excellent prospect but has struggled for games considering the form of our attacking players.
    Long term I think Origi will be a very good striker & can play on the wing as well. His pace always means he will be a threat.

Looked to be finding his form of last season in one of his recent appearances too (can't remember which one off hand, may have been the same Spurs game).

Strange that some see unjustly bashing him as a way of endorsing Sturridge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Origi is nothing more than average, and he isn't showing anything in training either judging by the game time he's getting.

I disagree. I think Origi will still be here next season and will get more and more opportunities. Absolutely no justification in putting him in the starting XI right now, but with fixture pile up over Christmas and Mané away for a couple of weeks I think he's get more time.

He is not average for a 21 year old. He scored double figures for us last season and has over 20 caps for the number 4 international team in World Rankings. Look at the other players in the league around the same age and you will see he's not simply average.

His time will come....

Turtyturd wrote: »
    ................ The 20 mins and cup games would also be more beneficial for Origi's development than a player on the decline.

Yeah, right

Sturridge currently is far superior to Origi.

Gametime at a club in the Top4 isn't to be used as development time IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

I think injuries are a tad more coincidental than that.

Was his 2013/2014 season down to some wizard tactics too? No it was just lack of injury, luck, lack of misfortune.

You deliberately took the highlighted part out of context.

Of course him being injury free is down to how he's being looked after under Klopp's regime as opposed to having to be rushed back every time he looked some way fit under Rodgers as he was all we had after Suarez left.

There are some players that will always have to be managed in terms of injuries. Michael Owen should have been managed better, Andy Carroll has to be managed or else after 3 or 4 games he's out again.

Based on the evidence of Sturridges career he falls in to this category.

dogbert27 wrote: »
    You deliberately took the highlighted part out of context.

I most certainly did not
    Of course him being injury free is down to how he's being looked after under Klopp's regime

I don't agree. Contributory factor but luck or bad luck is a huge factor too.

Based on the evidence of Sturridges career he falls in to this category.

Ings??? It's luck or bad luck in the main, not Klopp.

8-10 wrote: »
    ................ Look at the other players in the league around the same age and you will see he's not simply average.

I don't take potential, age etc into account, just before a game I'd imagine the opposition don't either, hence he's not playing much :)

Exactly.

Not one person talking about Origi has said out right he's superior to Sturridge.

He does seem to be having a better attitude though and seeing the bigger picture as he too could easily be reporting unhappiness every week of not actually getting game time! Origi has got his minutes in the league cup and will probably get the FA cup too.

Sturridge came on against Watford and could have had a hat trick. He was unlucky but these are the breaks. He came on against Southampton and nearly got an assist with Clyne's chance.

We have a manic Christmas period coming up and you want a squad ready for it. We had complaints from the Sturridge camp before the international break and now straight away after the international break.

• Advertisement

Yeah, right

Sturridge currently is far superior to Origi.

Gametime at a club in the Top4 isn't to be used as development time IMO
    Of course it isn't. But in certain games like Hull & Watford it can be.

Klopp decided to give Ejaria gametime against Watford. Grujic came on vs Hull as well.

Sturridge is looking sharper. He was very good against Hull & Southampton too in his limited minutes.

He does seem to be having a better attitude though and seeing the bigger picture as he too could easily be reporting unhappiness every week of not actually getting game time! Origi has got his minutes in the league cup and will probably get the FA cup too. ..................

I thought you reckoned it was Sturridge's agent?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I don't take potential, age etc into account, just before a game I'd imagine the opposition don't either, hence he's not playing much :)

He addressed that, to be fair.
    8-10 wrote: »
    I disagree. I think Origi will still be here next season and will get more and more opportunities. Absolutely no justification in putting him in the starting XI right now, but with fixture pile up over Christmas and Mané away for a couple of weeks I think he's get more time.

He is not average for a 21 year old. He scored double figures for us last season and has over 20 caps for the number 4 international team in World Rankings. Look at the other players in the league around the same age and you will see he's not simply average.

His time will come....

I think 8-10 is spot on with his assessment as well. I also get the impression that Klopp really likes Origi.

You know when Klopp doesn't like/rate a player. Just look at how he has frozen Lucas out.

You know when Klopp doesn't like/rate a player. Just look at how he has frozen Lucas out.

To be fair that's more to do with Lucas not being great anymore.

I thought you reckoned it was Sturridge's agent?

Pedantic response and again taking a point out of context.

Your assessment of Sturridge's injuries being down to only bad luck/misfortune and now how he's been used by various managers is a simplistic debate.

Your dismissing of Origi being an average player to defend your points on Sturridge is ridiculous.

There's no further point for me to debate with you as your mind is not open to accepting differing opinions.

Your assessment of Sturridge's injuries being down to only bad luck/misfortune and now how he's been used by various managers is a simplistic debate.

Your dismissing of Origi being an average player to defend your points on Sturridge is ridiculous.

There's no further point for me to debate with you as your mind is not open to accepting differing opinions.

I think it's fair to say Sturridge is lucky Klopp is managing him properly and he is picking up less injuries.

Also, another perspective. Suso, who scored two in the Milan derby last week, is now 23 and is only just starting to perform in a manner that people had hoped he could produce when he first came through.

Origi is 21 and at his age has shown far more than Suso did at that point in his career. He also is a freak of nature in terms of his stature, strength and pace. He's improving his technique all the time, and honestly, he has all the attributes, and the right manager, to become a quality forward.

I'd be pretty disappointed if he was sold or doesn't go on to fulfill at least half of his potential.

Not at all, you said you reckoned the latest was from Sturridge's agent. You than went on a speel about how Origi was a great lad and seeing the big picture by not complaining about lack of game time. There's nothing pedantic about questioning the inconsistency in your views

Your point seems to be Klopp is managing him well so he's not injured, that's a fairly simplistic view

My view on Origi is nothing to do with defending Sturridge.

You make conflicting points and withdraw from debate when called on it........... lol
    Repeated babbling about being taken out of context isn't debate old boy.

How have I taken the below out of context?

I think this is his agent at it again.
    Exactly.

Not one person talking about Origi has said out right he's superior to Sturridge.

He does seem to be having a better attitude though and seeing the bigger picture as he too could easily be reporting unhappiness every week of not actually getting game time! Origi has got his minutes in the league cup and will probably get the FA cup too.

Sturridge came on against Watford and could have had a hat trick. He was unlucky but these are the breaks. He came on against Southampton and nearly got an assist with Clyne's chance.

We have a manic Christmas period coming up and you want a squad ready for it. We had complaints from the Sturridge camp before the international break and now straight away after the international break..............

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

That's seemingly the most likely scenario.

If that does happen and Coutinho is sold too we'll have to be very wise with our transfers in.

I can't see Liverpool selling Coutinho, sure he's one of the reasons we are doing so well this season. He's contracted till 2020 too, even though contracts are always broken. I really hope he is not sold.

If we finished 5th I could see Coutinho being tempted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

I think we'll be higher than 5th.

I very much hope we will, there won't be much in it I reckon.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

How has Lucas been frozen out? He is not a first team regular, but he has not been frozen out by any means. He is on the bench nearly every game he doesn't start in, and he has started a few. Sakho has been frozen out, Lucas hasn't.

5starpool wrote: »
    How has Lucas been frozen out? He is not a first team regular, but he has not been frozen out by any means. He is on the bench nearly every game he doesn't start in, and he has started a few. Sakho has been frozen out, Lucas hasn't.

Wholeheartedly agree, but we were all told how Klopp didn't rate him. Obviously the poster was talking out of their hole, but when their posts are that stupid it sticks with you. :)

• Advertisement

How has Lucas been frozen out.............

Turdy is referrring to a comment I made last season when I said something like Klopp doesn't use/need a DM. I think it was when Ibe started a game and Lucas didn't or Ibe came on for Lucas. Not 100% sure but it's an attempt at a dig from Turdy.
    Very veiled though. My posts really stick with some :)

Oh right, as you were then lads, who am I to get involved there.

The crux of the matter is that only 11 players can start a game and the manager has players he prefers based on the contribution they bring to the team given how he wants games to proceed. Klopp is every bit as much of a control freak as Benitez as far as I can see, but this is not a bad thing the way it is being done (nor was it a bad thing with Rafa imo).

I doubt there is any truth in the rumour saying Sturridge might go to Southampton on loan, but if there is it'll be because the manager thinks we don't need what he brings, whether that is because he thinks we have enough already, or because he is hoping to bring in someone else to the club who knows, but if the decision is to get rid of Sturridge it won't be because of any grudge or pettiness (and I know no one is suggesting that), but because he thinks is is the best for the club.

Celtic fans have a new song for Rodgers. I like how you can hear the Scottish accent in the chant.

https://twitter.com/BBCSportScot/status/800721021762408448

I still think we need a better Klopp song than the current one. Its a bit meh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

If we finished 5th I could see Coutinho being tempted.

If we finish 5th nobody could blame him either. Suarez was the same, stayed with us to get top 4 but left for a team on genuinely a different level altogether. I think however if we finish top 4 again this season, we will be a much better team than the one Suarez left so I would think Coutinho would stay to play CL with us and see how much further we could climb. Finish 5th this season though, no matter how well we play, and at his age I could see Coutinho being tempted for sure - assuming it's one of the top Spanish teams in for him.

Knex. wrote: »
    Celtic fans have a new song for Rodgers. I like how you can hear the Scottish accent in the chant.

https://twitter.com/BBCSportScot/status/800721021762408448

I still think we need a better Klopp song than the current one. Its a bit meh.

Klopp won't let the fans sing it so it doesn't matter how good it is! We'll have to wait until we have the title wrapped up with about 3-4 games left before he'll allow the fans to serenade him properly ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

I'd like to see Origi go on loan for a season to someone like Stoke or Bournemouth. They both play nice football, he'd have lots of service and he'd make both teams. They won't be struggling for relegation, imo so the managers won't be afraid to use him.

Origi is a similar prospect to Sturridge when he was the same age, imo. He moved to Bolton for half a season and it set his career off. Origi's being wasted on the bench for us but unfortunately he's not good enough to be starting just yet.

He's one of the best prospects in Europe, that's not even arguable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

Goalposts seem to be shifting re Sturridge. A while ago he had to be included in the team no matter how bad his work ethic was because he scored goals and that was what mattered. Now he's trying his best, and doing a great job dropping deep and that's enough. I'd have shifted him out ahead of Benteke as while both are square pegs at least Benteke was scoring from the bench but I guess he was the more valuable asset.

GIF-disbelief-furrowed-brow-incredulous-Louie-CK-WTF-GIF.gif

Milkers wrote: »
    GIF-disbelief-furrowed-brow-incredulous-Louie-CK-WTF-GIF.gif

Tbf he wouldn't be first choice but he got some important goals off the bench last year. That's preferable to trying his best.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Tbf he wouldn't be first choice but he got some important goals off the bench last year. That's preferable to trying his best.

I'm sorry but there's no justifying your statement, Sturridge is miles better than Benteke, nobody would've preferred to keep Benteke, you're letting your Sturridge hatred cloud your judgment.

If Sturridge gets more minutes and starts scoring for fun I'm sure the goalposts will move again ;)

He'll be deemed responsible for Firmino misfiring or something.

You've gone a bit off-piste with that opinion Turty I have to say.

You've gone a bit off-piste with that opinion Turty I have to say.

He's taking the piste.

I would be shocked if Augeo does not have a Sturridge hat.

I would be shocked if Augeo does not have a Sturridge hat.

I'm a huge fan of his.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Hey, Klopp said he'd ideally want to be adding a striker in January, not loaning one out. But sure why not have an Internet pissing contest instead to see who can make the most outlandish statement. Not sure who I'd give my award to quite yet.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

K-9 wrote: »
    Hey, Klopp said he'd ideally want to be adding a striker in January, not loaning one out. But sure why not have an Internet pissing contest instead to see who can make the most outlandish statement. Not sure who I'd give my award to quite yet.

I think we should sign Eto'o. Or Robbie Keane. You can't buy that experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Dickerty wrote: »
    I think we should sign Robbie Keane. You can't buy that experience.

Plus it was always Robbie's lifelong dream to play for us and then move on and later be re-signed by us a second time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So Neymar wants to play with Coutinho everyone assumed it was at Barca well maybe he want's out of Spain and play with him at Liverpool.

Spanish prosecutors have called for Barcelona forward Neymar to be sent to prison for two years for his part in a corruption case over his transfer from Brazilian club Santos in 2013.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38079396?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_sport&ns_source=facebook&ns_linkname=sport

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I was firmly in the sturridge should play every week when fit camp. When fit apart from aguero there is no other striker in the league I'd prefer. However all the evidence this season points to the fact that we are a better side without him and that's all that matters. It would be madness to let him go in January as no other team in the league has a back up as good as him that can come on. However I do think he will be gone next summer.

I was firmly in the sturridge should play every week when fit camp. When fit apart from aguero there is no other striker in the league I'd prefer. However all the evidence this season points to the fact that we are a better side without him and that's all that matters. It would be madness to let him go in January as no other team in the league has a back up as good as him that can come on. However I do think he will be gone next summer.

Agree 100% and who could blame Sturridge for leaving in the summer, he's far far too good a player to be bench fodder, I agree it's for the good of the team but from his pov it must be tough being practically on the outside looking in as Liverpool get plaudits from every angle while he gets fed scraps and still hasn't even scored this season. It's just one of those things, I'm a huge fan of his but unfortunately his future at Liverpool looks bleak with Klopp at the helm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Dickerty wrote: »
    I think we should sign Eto'o. Or Robbie Keane. You can't buy that experience.
    No need, free transfer:p

Amen to that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

So Neymar wants to play with Coutinho everyone assumed it was at Barca well maybe he want's out of Spain and play with him at Liverpool.

Spanish prosecutors have called for Barcelona forward Neymar to be sent to prison for two years for his part in a corruption case over his transfer from Brazilian club Santos in 2013.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38079396?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_sport&ns_source=facebook&ns_linkname=sport
    That's it, sign him up :pac:

Azmoun just scored against Bayern. Looks a very good player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement