Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Therefore on one player, Zahavi’s group has cashed in the following (approximately):

- 12.5 million Euro transfer income payable through a TPO to a British Virgins Island offshore

- 1.37 million Euro as an agent for both sides to a Maltese offshore

- 3.6 million Euro through an image rights deal with Liverpool to a Maltese offshore

So 17.5m for him (approximately) which is cheaper that the £20m which was quoted at the time we bought him.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

So 17.5m for him (approximately) which is cheaper that the £20m which was quoted at the time we bought him.

The club fee isn't included there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Fair play to him. That's my kind of training. Got home from work (first evening of Xmas holidays) this evening and did a very similar kind of training to that.

Crucial to blow on the thumb coz it cools it down after pressing all those buttons on the TV remote.

I feel his pain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Looks like Draxler is gone to PSG according to the reddits and the twitters and the likes.......shame.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

NukaCola wrote: »
    Looks like Draxler is gone to PSG according to the reddits and the twitters and the likes.......shame.......

Ah sure he wouldn't be better than anyone in the front line already. Be grand.

Looks like we are being linked to another young Brazilian forward who hasn't settled at Inter.

The last one worked out ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Looks like we are being linked to another young Brazilian forward who hasn't settled at Inter.

The last one worked out ok.

Klopp's a hairy man. He needs a Brazilian.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

We didn't want him anyway. tm

Coutinho isn't back training I wouldn't expect to see till the FA cup game now.

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceEcho/status/812282702044991488
    Klopp on Coutinho: "He's not in training. He can't rush. It was a serious injury. We need to wait."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Colour me shocked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

well happy Christmas pandasaps, or whatever the term is now.. have a cracker everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Gutted about Draxler. That's the most gutted I have felt since the last time we failed to sign someone we never tried to sign in the first place.

Suso had a cracker of a game in the Italian Supercup final as Milan beat Juventus (On pens)by all account this last year in Italy he really has been living up the hype he had as an underage player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Yep I was a bit disappointed he was sold, but he was also loaned out the last two years iirc, so it's taken him a while. Time he didn't have at Liverpool. Wonder if there's a sell on clause for some money to go to liverpool lol.
    Could he be the next Draxler? :O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

eyerer wrote: »
    Yep I was a bit disappointed he was sold, but he was also loaned out the last two years iirc, so it's taken him a while. Time he didn't have at Liverpool. Wonder if there's a sell on clause for some money to go to liverpool lol.
    Could he be the next Draxler? :O

He wouldn't be dynamic enough for us I don't think. Our forwards need to have some physicallity about them and its one thing he doesn't really have. Clever player but not exactly the ideal model for a pressing game.

I generally dont mind when good players move from us and take their opportunities elsewhere. Ideally it should work out for players here but in the case of Suso, he was seen by a lot of coaches/managers and was passed over each time. Sometimes things just dont work out which is fair enough. He just didn't suit any managers that we had maybe. Good to see him kicking on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Suso had a cracker of a game in the Italian Supercup final as Milan beat Juventus (On pens)by all account this last year in Italy he really has been living up the hype he had as an underage player.

Montella is a great coach for getting the best out of young players. Did good work at Fiorentina with younger players.

Suso was floundering a bit at Milan before Montella arrived.

Nice to see him start to realise that potential. Hope he can turn in those performances consistently for a few seasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Will sakho ne sold in january and will we buy to replace him?
    Will anyone else be leaving?

• Advertisement

Bowlardo wrote: »
    Will sakho ne sold in january and will we buy to replace him?
    Will anyone else be leaving?

Can't see him playing for us again so if an acceptable offer comes in. Afaik he has little contact with the squad.

Sakho will need to be replaced but probably the summer.

Klopp has Klavan/Lovren/Matip with Lucas as cover for now and will also want to see how Gomez plays before making a decision on another CB and Jan is probably too soon I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

NukaCola wrote: »
    I generally dont mind when good players move from us and take their opportunities elsewhere. Ideally it should work out for players here but in the case of Suso, he was seen by a lot of coaches/managers and was passed over each time. Sometimes things just dont work out which is fair enough. He just didn't suit any managers that we had maybe. Good to see him kicking on.

We could always buy him back for 100 million

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Lucas off to Inter in the Summer apparently.

I for one will miss him when he's gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Lucas off to Inter in the Summer apparently.

I for one will miss him when he's gone.

Every single transfer window is like Groundhog day in here. This will be the 20th time we've sold him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

I watched the game on and off and he was very good out wide right, his crossing was abnormally brilliant almost every time. He will earn a senior call up of he keep saying up his form I reckon.

• Advertisement

A bit from the Echo on Michael Beale talking about some of the guys he was managing before he goes to Brazil.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpools-academy-uncovered-beale-juanmas-12363040

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I always said we should have kept him. You could see he had class.

If Suso had stayed he'd have been sent out on various loans and run his contract down.

If Suso had stayed he'd have been sent out on various loans and run his contract down.

That's fairly wild speculation to be fair.

Return of Joey Gomez

After more than a year of rehabilitation from the anterior cruciate ligament injury he sustained in October 2015 and a subsequent Achilles issue, the 19-year-old had moved into touching distance of being back among the squad at Melwood.

Slowly, the prospect of re-joining his flourishing teammates seemed real.

And in the last stretch, weekly distance targets proved timely motivational tools for the determined Gomez, who gladly crossed off each achieved objective during a key stage in his recovery.

“Towards the end, the final two months, I bought a calendar and put it on my wardrobe and I wrote out every day and ticked off every box,” he told Liverpoolfc.com.

“With the nature of my Achilles injury, I could write out my distances and I was checking off each week – ‘This week I finished 5k, this week I finished 8k.’

“That was massive for me because I was counting down and looking at the week itself, instead of focusing on a long-term goal. That helped me massively.”

Since returning to training in mid-October, Gomez has been clocking up important minutes with Liverpool’s U23 side, most recently in their 2-1 victory over Chester FC on Tuesday afternoon.

The No.12 also travelled with the first-team squad to the Premier League clash with Middlesbrough earlier this month – an experience that meant so much after so long out.

At the moment, these ‘little things’ are of huge importance to a player who made the step up to top-flight football with apparent ease upon joining the Reds from Charlton Athletic last summer.

Understandably, too, given how far he has come since the difficult days immediately after he suffered the ACL injury on England U21 duty 14 months ago.

“You don’t want to exaggerate, but it’s like everything has come to an end,” Gomez reflected.

“When you’re young and you’ve never experienced something like that… it’s not even the rest of the day, for the next couple of weeks you are in limbo, all over the place mentally and overthinking constantly.

“That’s where you’ve got your family and your friends around you, and your teammates, who keep you going. And then once you get over that rough patch, it’s about pushing on and being positive and getting started.

“Obviously it was tough at first and for a few weeks you’re struggling. With this injury, the surgery was a week after so there’s no time to settle, you’re straight into it and there’s the trauma of the surgery.

“It’s not easy but it only makes you stronger coming through the other side.

“I made sure I did everything I could and I had to have faith in the physios that it would all straighten itself out – and it did. I’ve got to be thankful for that.”

Gomez can now carry that positivity into 2017.

Still a teenager – “but I don’t feel like I am mentally” – he will also enter the New Year a much-changed character with a refreshed outlook to complement his obvious talent.

LFC.com

• Advertisement

Yes :) Suso was a decent player of course but it was clear enough no one who mattered could see a role for him so he was sold. It's no big deal.

If he had stayed which player would he have kept out or meant Liverpool didn't sign? Lallana? Firmino? Mane?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Yes :) Suso was a decent player of course but it was clear enough no one who mattered could see a role for him so he was sold. It's no big deal.

If he had stayed which player would he have kept out or meant Liverpool didn't sign? Lallana? Firmino? Mane?

KLopp has already transformed some of our skillfull but foppish players into strong robust skillfull players, I'm thinking of Lallana and Coutinho. Who is to say Klopp could not have done a similar job on Suso? Anyway he is gone and plenty of LFC managers could not fit him in to the team so it's not as if we let him slip out of the net unnoticed. Hope he thrives elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

J Mysterio wrote: »

On the basis of what do you think it would have went otherwise, had he stayed at LFC? Sure even his first year at Milan followed the pattern you take issue with, they packed him off to Genoa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Every single transfer window is like Groundhog day in here. This will be the 20th time we've sold him.

Missed him every single time.

Just need us linked to Arda to complete a transfer window Bingo now.

Just need us linked to Arda to complete a transfer window Bingo now.
    Still waiting for the Will Hughes jackpot call:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Not sure what Aldo is smoking but it must be fairly strong.
    "The squad is quite good to be honest because we're not in Europe," "Coutinho is coming back soon and Matip and Gomez too. Plus, the young lads have plenty of potential. The manager will know if he needs to buy one but if the right man isn't available he'll play the kids. Money is available but he won't go out and buy for the sake of it. Personally I'd go and get Suarez."

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/luis-suarez-would-be-ideal-january-signing-liverpool-says-john-aldridge-1598003

J Mysterio wrote: »

Pretty much sums up his whole career at Liverpool.....hardly wild speculation.

Charlie19 wrote: »

Mario Suarez he must mean :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Charlie19 wrote: »

Loved Aldo as a player but as a pundit/analyst he veers towards Paddy Crerand style responses.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Nollaig Shona dhíobh go léir........ye filthy animals !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Happy Christmas to all the redmen (and women)!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Crispy Hissmas fellow Redmen, have a good one... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Here's wishing ye an old fashioned merry Christmas and bobby does too

https://media1.giphy.com/media/gXaM79q2Pk5na/giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I'd like to take the time this Christmas Eve to announce my resignation as a thankswhore. It's been fun, but there'll be no more memeing, joking, reacting, mentions of breakfast, lean-analysis, list references, taking the piss out of Sturridge or other general mischief from me. See ye!

Or......

vbMxjyT.jpg

My days wouldn't be half as enjoyable (or headwrecking) without this thread, so genuinely, have a great one and try to fit in a bit of breakfast before the boring old turkey dinner. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Cant be forgetting the Panda.

200.gif#1

15726263_747453398743853_7958894983586322374_n.jpg?oh=a9c1df07b184c68da8f9ef1bfb139d88&oe=58EAB8C9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

15726263_747453398743853_7958894983586322374_n.jpg?oh=a9c1df07b184c68da8f9ef1bfb139d88&oe=58EAB8C9

Happy Danielmas, Coulson!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

The man older than father christmas (and harry) himself, Alex Manninger making a rare appearance in the back of the photo.

Nice to see Danny D'ings in there too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Love how nearly every single one of them is leaning in that picture. Probably the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement