Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Firmino looks like he has a sailor hat on and he going to join in with Gene Kelly and Frank Sinatra.

zDi5Cf.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

Merry Christmas all Reds! Also Happy Birthday to Gary McAllister, 52 today. Only at the club for 2 seasons but fully deserving of his Liverpool legend status. Remember the puzzlement when he signed first though, but what a season 2000-01 turned out to be for him. Has an older signing ever had such a dramatic impact as he did? THAT goal.... :)

https://twitter.com/premierleague/status/812948298835300352

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

• Advertisement

You'd feel sorry for anyone having to speak with Jamie Redknapp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

You'd feel sorry for anyone having to speak with Jamie Redknapp.

It would be great if most footballers took a binding oath of silence upon retirement.

Sitting here in work and looking forward to going home in the morning and getting a few hours sleep before getting up and having a few beers while I watch the match.

Then I realized the match is on Tuesday and I'm back in work and will miss it.

**** IT. lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Sitting here in work and looking forward to going home in the morning and getting a few hours sleep before getting up and having a few beers while I watch the match.

Then I realized the match is on Tuesday and I'm back in work and will miss it.

**** IT. lol

It really is the most head-scratchingly ridiculous Christmas schedule.

Everton

8 days rest

Stoke

4 days rest

City

1 and a half days rest

Sunderland

We have 6 days til the FA Cup match vs Plymouth and then 3 days later, we have Southampton in the EFL thingy and United at OT 4 days after that.
    Remarkable how little the PL cares about the players. Same for all clubs of course but forcing us to play at 3pm on the 2nd vs Sunderland is just sadistic.

mosstin wrote: »
    ...... Same for all clubs of course but forcing us to play at 3pm on the 2nd vs Sunderland is just sadistic.

Given our lack of European football and the adv that offers we can't moan over one sh1tty fixture imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Augeo wrote: »
    Given our lack of European football and the adv that offers we can't moan over one sh1tty fixture imo.

European football or not, expecting players to perform at peak levels with a break of 36 hours between two crucial matches is perverse.
    At a time when most European leagues have their feet up, the PL rides the players that little bit harder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

also we have such s thin squad compared to the others burdened with euro football.

One sh1tty fixture chaps, get over it. Moaning won't help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Augeo wrote:
    One sh1tty fixture chaps, get over it. Moaning won't help.

Oh, the irony!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Clown. Absolute clown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Absolute idiot. 2 days before a match too. Hope it doesn't affect his game but surely he'll be off the road now and wont be able to drive to training / matches.

Details are not out yet so hopefully it was just a couple of drinks and not very drunk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

No excusing that, good to see nobody was hurt.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Over the limit, fool, I'm sure he can pay someone to drive him around if it comes to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

I'm sure he had videos of himself driving on snapchat that day... Court case on the 31st, will he miss the city game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Our next player should be left footed .only Sturbridge and Moreno and klavan are our only left footers to my knowledge

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

GiftofGab wrote: »
    Absolute idiot. 2 days before a match too. Hope it doesn't affect his game but surely he'll be off the road now and wont be able to drive to training / matches.

Details are not out yet so hopefully it was just a couple of drinks and not very drunk.

He was done in the early hours of DEC 24 so was out drinking on the 23rd in effect 4 days before the game. Idiot for drink driving though.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Ciano35 wrote: »
    I'm sure he had videos of himself driving on snapchat that day... Court case on the 31st, will he miss the city game?

31st January, not December. We are due to play Chelsea that day though so same thing really. I'd say he'll be grand though, he might not even have to go himself.

Idiot though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Of the all-star forwards who started the season so well for us, Coutinho got injured, Mane is off the Afcon and now Fun Bobby is up for drink driving.. Gonna be a tough January. Will be interesting to see how we cope and how Klopp manages the bare bones squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,038 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

garra wrote: »
    Of the all-star forwards who started the season so well for us, Coutinho got injured, Mane is off the Afcon and now Fun Bobby is up for drink driving.. Gonna be a tough January. Will be interesting to see how we cope and how Klopp manages the bare bones squad.

Well, that ones absolutely cemented in my mind now anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

What an idiot. He's a multimillionaire - take a fecking taxi if you've had a few.

So I guess The Mooses sources were wrong about Liverpool being taken over before Christmas.

Damm and here I was thinking he really was the ITK journo to trust.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

GiftofGab wrote: »

How is being out on the 23rd, two days before match day which is the 27th?

Why is their an expectation of players not to drink these days?

He's an idiot for drink driving and they should throw the book at him. I'm sure he can afford for somebody to drive him to training.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Is Cout out til mid-feb?

Read FB on a punditarena clickbait article about clubs bidding for him and the comments mentioned mid-feb more than once?

• Advertisement

noodler wrote: »
    Is Cout out til mid-feb?

Read FB on a punditarena clickbait article about clubs bidding for him and the comments mentioned mid-feb more than once?

Notunless he has a setback. He has a race on his hands to be ready for City or Sunderland, but should be ok for the FA Cup as things stand unless it changes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Our next player should be left footed .

And a sober driver! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Well Chelsea are on their way to another win, we'll have to do the same ourselves tomorrow just to stand within a chance of catching them, I can only see them running further away over the next few rounds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,979 ✭✭✭doc_17

We need to be looking at players in January if the right ones are available. We will always have 2/3 players unavailable for one reason or another and when that happens it leaves out bench very stretched/

Well Chelsea are on their way to another win, we'll have to do the same ourselves tomorrow just to stand within a chance of catching them, I can only see them running further away over the next few rounds.

Let them at it. Win our own games and what will be will be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

He is constantly snapchatting whilst driving,someone would have reported him anyway , stupid decision making from him,puts to bed the notions the foreign players don't drink

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Firmino seems to be a right bell-end behind the wheel. Good enough for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Have a feeling that court date will be changed.

Not trying to be smart but everyone does silly things and let's not make him out to be the Anti Santa here ffs. If you go swanning around in city centre and chances are that he wasnt driving an auld banged up pugeot like myself so you get attention then it's more stupid than anything.
    Nobody ever said he was a genius. *
    Nobody got harmed so life moves on

* Nobody was harmed in the internet trial of this man

Hopefully it was a one off and he doesn't make a habit of it. Club will no doubt support him as required.

Hopefully it won't effect him on the pitch.

Could well be dropped from the squad though for a game or two to highlight the club are disgusted by his behaviour and to reinforce that is unacceptable conduct.

Yaya got an 18 month ban a few weeks for being double the legal limit despite saying he does not drink alcohol due to religious reasons.

Firmino won't get away without a ban and rightly so.

Anyway we need a job for Moreno these days so Firmino's personal driver will do.

• Advertisement

Pepp1989 wrote: »
    Oh, the irony!

haha

Happy Christmas old boy, thanks for posting, looking forward to more input form you

Firmino seems to be a right bell-end behind the wheel. Good enough for him.

Yeah after all our years of watching his driving, it has come to this. Sad day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I think drink driving is a tad more than silly.

I wonder what prompted the police to pull him over. He and his car would be well known to Merseyside Police so you'd imagine he must have committed a road traffic offence or else was the driving was a bit off.

Maybe he was playing with the phone or something.

YaYa didn't get a ban from City iirc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

In terms of him playing football it doesn't bother me all that much, but I hope he's banned from driving for a long time, no excuse for putting yourself and others at risk.

https://www.balls.ie/football/liverpool-fans-call-roberto-firmino-dropped-drink-driving-charge/355310

I'm not sure if this lad is being rational or is he a huge Sakho fan and a tad aggrieved...
    " Well this is certainly worse than anything Sakho has ever done so will see if he is treated the same way" Mark Mckeown @Marklfc10Mark

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I think drink driving is a tad more than silly.

Well, so do I. But there is context to every situation and it doesn't get applied.

If you're off you're nelly pissed as a fart on a motorway doing 140 or you've had a couple of drinks and are stupid enough to head for the city centre doing 50 then they are not the same despite the rule of the law.

Yes you should be punished either way and he was so lets move on.

Hardly crime of the century though.

Augeo wrote: »
    https://www.balls.ie/football/liverpool-fans-call-roberto-firmino-dropped-drink-driving-charge/355310

I'm not sure if this lad is being rational or is he a huge Sakho fan and a tad aggrieved...
    " Well this is certainly worse than anything Sakho has ever done so will see if he is treated the same way" Mark Mckeown @Marklfc10Mark

One is irrelevant to football so of course it'll be treated differently to the other one which is entirely football related (training, turning up to things on time, messing when you should be working or representing the club).

Hardly crime of the century though.

Indeed.

Could simply be an error of judgement regarding an extra drink with a meal, I'd be fairly sure that the court proceedings will disclose he was slightly over the limit. Which is still deserving of punishment of course.

5starpool wrote: »
    One is irrelevant to football so of course it'll be treated differently to the other one which is entirely football related (training, turning up to things on time, messing when you should be working or representing the club).

Cheers for the opinion.
    I'm gone off Sakho so was inclined to dismiss the chaps view based solely on me going off Sakho :pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement