Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

F*cking limp wrist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Turtyturd wrote: »
    F*cking limp wrist.

Yeah it's not good enough at all from Mignolet.

It's a good header at the same time, given the angle etc, but a really good keeper would save that every time.

If you have an attempt on target against us it's usually a goal anyway.

Did Allen just bully Milner off the ball?

Should have passed to average.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Lallana is the only one who looks like he hasn't been on the piss for the past few days.

Great play average.

Gbear wrote: »
    Lallana is the only one who looks like he hasn't been on the piss for the past few days.

:D

very witty

As good as he is Firmino couldn't buy a goal these days.

reverse jinx

Boooom

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Turtyturd wrote: »
    As good as he is Firmino couldn't buy a goal these days.

reverse jinx
    Great jinx ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

FUN BOBBY!!!! :D

That's a sublime finish by Firmino. Absolutely beautiful.

Slightly fortunate overall to be ahead but fook it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Origi doing Trojan work when Mig or a CB goes long, nothing wrong with mixing it up style wise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

no coincidence firmino looks 10 times better and scores playing through the middle again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Origi & Lallana been our best players. Lucky to be leading as we have been poor but Stoke have a terrible defence.
    Mignolet & Lovren are not good enough long term. Both been very poor.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Very happy to be ahead at ht. Started slowly and could have been more than 1 down. More goals in the second half for sure, 4-2 or 5-2 on the way, I fancy Origi to bang in a couple hopefully. When we upped the pressure, Stoke had no answer, we have to keep the pressure on. Allen on a yellow , that should curtail him somewhat.

marno21 wrote: »
    Great jinx ;)

Spot the people on the classic skin. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Hope I'm not jinxing it but this win takes us to 40 points.

Safe for another season... :pac:

Another boring 4-1 win, people panic far too quickly in match threads. I'll take this sort of thing over a mind crushingly dull controlled 1-0/2-0 type game. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

No hand wringing required about the start of the game now. We were a bit sloppy but Stoke were excellent to be fair and our response was energetic if lacking in brilliance.

Lallana was brilliant throughout and most grew into the game after 25, especially Mane, Milner and Origi.

Simon Gleave @SimonGleave

Liverpool have gone 1-0 down in 4 matches this season and won 3 of them. Only Chelsea & Everton have won as much from a goal down #lfc #efc
    7:10 PM - 27 Dec 2016

hashtag bouncebackability

Liverpool have now scored 100 PL goals since Klopp took over

Milner has been wonderful for us. So many people doubted that it would work out but he's been ultra-consistent.

A really proper pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

Firminio MOTM. Do they still give a bottle of Champagne for that? Awkward...

That was actually a highlight of a sh!tty Christmas. Hate going behind but theres always the belief that if we do we can alway up it a couple of gears and get the result.

https://twitter.com/AIUnderPressure/status/813826427661459456

Very encouraging stat as we eased off in the last 20 mins.
    Looks like our fitness levels are being managed very well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

We won there. Grand.

Milner has been wonderful for us. So many people doubted that it would work out but he's been ultra-consistent.

A really proper pro.

I'm still shocked at how bar the odd moment he seems to be able to keep up with anyone down the opposing right flank. You'd nearly think he was a dedicated full back oddly with short legs :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Another boring 4-1 win, people panic far too quickly in match threads. I'll take this sort of thing over a mind crushingly dull controlled 1-0/2-0 type game. :pac:

Problem with that is when the game plan goes wrong this way we are usually 2-0 down already whereas the dull controlled game goes that way far less. Just look at Chelsea. I rather watch us obviously but at this point I think it is short termism. What we really want to watch is us winning the title, each game individually being entertaining won't neccessarily get us there.

I'm still shocked at how bar the odd moment he seems to be able to keep up with anyone down the opposing right flank. You'd nearly think he was a dedicated full back oddly with short legs :D

He has lovely little legs :D

The Kop were belting out Merry Christmas Everton tonight!

• Advertisement

Is the City game a free hit? Almost feels like it, a win would obviously be splendid but I'd take a draw with a slightly weakened starting 11 and beat Sunderland over a home win and a leggy defeat against Moyes side. Admittedly it's not easy to organise that sort of thing! As for the FA Cup - Klopp can play the U23s for all I care.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Is the City game a free hit? Almost feels like it, a win would obviously be splendid but I'd take a draw with a slightly weakened starting 11 and beat Sunderland over a home win and a leggy defeat against Moyes side. Admittedly it's not easy to organise that sort of thing! As for the FA Cup - Klopp can play the U23s for all I care.

From watching city recently I see no reason not to go for the win, they are there for the taking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Middlesbrough have conceded less goals than us, really need to improve in that area to take us to next level. I don't think it would take away from our goals scored either, a lot of goals we concede are down to individual mistakes rather than a team cutting us open.
    New goal keeper and get Matip back in side would be a start.

City game is a game we will be fired up to win, it will be full on pressfest .
    We will be at it from the start, it's a huge game.

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    The Kop were belting out Merry Christmas Everton tonight!

Yeah its the Mane one after the merseyside derby. Very quick witted, they were singing it in pubs afterwards apparently.

Never been in a pub

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Lads am I right in saying we're 16 points better off than this time last year ?

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭MentalMario

Break the bank for a keeper and centre half in January. Lovren is not and never will be good enough to be a starter.

emmetkenny wrote: »

27 points after 18 games last season, so 13 points better plus plenty of g/d

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Yeah, but we've still phuck all chance of making top 4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,086 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

We were on 27, with 21 goals scored and a -1 GD.
    Game week 27 before we had 41pts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

He has lovely little legs :D

Careful there one_of_shanks, that might offend the boys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Careful there one_of_shanks, that might offend the boys.

Of course, they all have lovely legs.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

NukaCola wrote: »
    Of course, they all have lovely legs.....

Good man Ted.

Great to get Firmino & Sturridge scoring again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

Break the bank for a keeper and centre half in January. Lovren is not and never will be good enough to be a starter.
    Big time neither of our main keepers are good enough for this level, a good keeper saves you points during a season ours will cost us points, Lovren is an acceptable backup CB but we need someone better to play alongside Matip, maybe consider buying a decent LB as well, with a top class keeper and CB to go alongside Matip we could be real title challengers, without them we're top 4 and nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

I'm Willing to make a large wager that neither of them will happen. Unfortunately

Chelsea will win so we have to get the win imo if we are serious about challenging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

I'm Willing to make a large wager that neither of them will happen. Unfortunately

But we'll win the most important competition, the points/ £ spent and that's all that matters.

Jaysus but I'm getting cynical in my old age.

What will I be like when I'm Harry's age? :pac:

• Advertisement

Lallana really has come full circle as a player. Wait , would that not bring him back to where he once was, a man with a fear of ''the box''
    But what ever the case it's great to see him taking the game to opposition,and taking the responsibility to changes games onto his shoulders. He never done that under Rodgers, he was one to hide, the one to make the fancy touch and turn and declare '' my work here is done''

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement