Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Klavan & Matip 4m. Stones & Otamendi 80m. Incredible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

MD1990 wrote: »

Even Dejan at 20m looks a snip compared to both of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Even Dejan at 20m looks a snip compared to both of them.
    Lovren is doing well but I still think he has mistakes in him & he is poor on the ball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Wonder if Henderson will be out for a while? He looked chipper enough on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

More to do with the coach than players I think

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Henderson had a problem with his heel. Worrying that it is probably the same injury as last season.

I think they gave him painkillers before he even got off the pitch ,looked like he swallowed they crossing the sideline, not good if that is the norm for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Massive win today, although it will be a tough ask to win the Pl, At least we're staying within touch of Chelsea.

Three wins on the bounce and every one of them really difficult in a different type of way.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Massive win today, although it will be a tough ask to win the Pl, At least we're staying within touch of Chelsea.

Three wins on the bounce and every one of them really difficult in a different type of way.

4 wins on the bounce.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

In the next 11 games though we have Utd, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal, City and Everton (and away to Leicester). Doesn't get much easier. A rest for most after Sunderland before Utd 13 days later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Mr. FoggPatches

sword1 wrote: »
    I think they gave him painkillers before he even got off the pitch ,looked like he swallowed they crossing the sideline, not good if that is the norm for him

When watching that live, I thought he was popping his teeth back in :D

• Advertisement

Charlie19 wrote: »

4 wins on the bounce.

Has to check there, totally forgot about Boro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Wonder if Henderson will be out for a while? He looked chipper enough on the bench.
    sword1 wrote: »
    I think they gave him painkillers before he even got off the pitch

Explains it......

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

5starpool wrote: »
    In the next 11 games though we have Utd, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal, City and Everton (and away to Leicester). Doesn't get much easier. A rest for most after Sunderland before Utd 13 days later.

From memory I think we play arsenal a few days before their Bayern cl game. I think our trips to city and Leicester come the weekend after cl games for them. Makes those games a slight bit easier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

DWWWDW would be an excellent return from those fixtures you mentioned, beating Chelsea is by far the most important though. It'd be interesting to see whether they'd drop more points straight after or make the necessary adjustments to get back on form. I'm pretty sure they won't be beaten between now and our game, Spurs will get a draw at best I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

A rest for most after Sunderland before Utd 13 days later.

Almost too long of a break. The international break killed our momentum before we played them the last time. Their lot were claiming a moral victory because it took 50 minutes for us to settle into the game, unfortunately their bus was well parked by that stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Klopp on Chelsea: "Imagine how annoying it is when you go on that run and there's still one team six points behind."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Turtyturd wrote: »
    IT was far from worst game of the season.

If Liverpool played like that every week, yeah you'd be dispirited. But tonight was the exception. I thoroughly enjoyed digging out that one nil win.

Don't forget, we were superb in the first half once we scored and should have seen it off there. But we didn't, so digging it out against Man City? Yeah, i'm happy enough.

And by the way, the parking the bus comments in the match thread from the Man U lads, oohhhhh i love that stuff. They're suffering since the dynasty ended. :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭bluefinger

[/quote] by the way, the parking the bus comments in the match thread from the Man U lads, oohhhhh i love that stuff. They're suffering since the dynasty ended. :D:D[/quote]

Jesus they've short memories

bluefinger wrote: »

Jesus they've short memories

Very cocky all of a sudden.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭kop77

405152.png

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

One of the most impressive things for me is how Klopp has turned Lallana, a guy who I had almost written off, into one of the best players in the league this season. I could watch that cross for the goal today all year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Hardly entertainment was it.

Ah I jest. I'm a Man Utd supporter and I usually hate to see you guys doing well but I am impressed this season. As much as I would hate to see it, I fear you might win the league some of these coming years.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

Ah I jest. I'm a Man Utd supporter and I usually hate to see you guys doing well but I am impressed this season. As much as I would hate to see it, I fear you might win the league some of these coming years.

omg a level headed Man Utd fan! but yeah I think its shocking all of us, and hey, one of these years HAS to be our year, its maths isn't it :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

I was tempted to remind you of our match against you and the 6-3-1 but I'm glad I didn't now :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

I'm off to read the match thread and savour the bitter tears of our near neighbours.

Happy New Year, ya bunch of mother Kloppers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Right lads, time to start thinking like title challengers.

Chelsea are on an unreal run but it has to end at some stage, they have some tough games coming up including a trip to Anfield which we must win.
    We need 13 points to have any hope IMO.

That Bournemouth game is really coming back to bite us now.

1. Chelsea (49 pts)
    2. Liverpool (43 pts)

Next five fixtures for both:

Chelsea:
    Spurs (A)
    Leicester (A)
    Hull (H)
    Liverpool (A)
    Arsenal (H)

Liverpool:
    Sunderland (A)
    Man Utd (A)
    Swansea (H)
    Chelsea (H)
    Hull (A)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭W123-80's

BMMachine wrote: »
    omg a level headed Man Utd fan! but yeah I think its shocking all of us, and hey, one of these years HAS to be our year, its maths isn't it :p

Talking of maths.... try being a Liverpool fan from Mayo..!
    At some point one of these years has to be either Mayo's or Liverpools..:pac:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

It would be a massive boost of confidence and a knock to theirs if we beat Sunderland and Chelsea lose at Spurs. Could be a turning point of many to come.

rob316 wrote: »
    Right lads, time to start thinking like title challengers.

Chelsea are on an unreal run but it has to end at some stage, they have some tough games coming up including a trip to Anfield which we must win.
    We need 13 points to have any hope IMO.

That Bournemouth game is really coming back to bite us now.

1. Chelsea (49 pts)
    2. Liverpool (43 pts)

Next five fixtures for both:

Chelsea:
    Spurs (A)
    Leicester (A)
    Hull (H)
    Liverpool (A)
    Arsenal (H)

Liverpool:
    Sunderland (A)
    Man Utd (A)
    Swansea (H)
    Chelsea (H)
    Hull (A)

Don't care! We're in it for the ride not the title this season, sure Chelsea will give up some points with the schedule they've got coming but equally Liverpool will drop more points, I think they'll always have just enough in hand.

How many of us were expecting to be second to Chelsea in the league anyway? (it was going to be a desperate finger clawing 4th behind Man Utd/Man City and Arsenal shirley?!) Lets enjoy the moment and let the future look after itself :)

(Wonder if Klopp thinks it's worth buying big in January just in case? ;) )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Wijnaldum's mate is being heavily linked again today/might Quincy Promes.

Is he on a Promes I wonder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Just back from Anfield. Christ, that was horrible but somehow thrilling at the same time.
    Pretty remarkable how we changed tactics completely and looked relatively comfortable doing it. City didn't get a sniff, Aguero never touched the ball in our box and De Bruyne was peripheral.
    Klavan and Milner stood out for me. Milner was targeted throughout by City but I can't recall Sterling doing him at all.
    Firmino was really frustrating tonight, quite careless in possession and not his usual pressing self.
    All academic anyway - the 3 points are all that count. Worth mentioning that Origi made a big difference to us when he came on. Brilliant option and held the ball up really well.
    Happy New Year from Liverpool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭RainMakerToo

Up now on MOTD...

Klopp has too many runner up medals with us
    He wants to win and so do I
    This talk of '' ah sure 4th will be fine'' that's not my wish for us.
    I want to talk of winning, even in those seasons we finish 7th
    Aim should be 1st always

200.gif#138

• Advertisement

After a merry Kloppmas, I'd like to wish one and all a Kloppy New Year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Not giving City a shot on goal is never a bad performance, it wasn't pretty but it was practical.

Aguero had one from 25-30yds I recall, easy save.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Our Year!

Happy New Year to you all :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

HAPPY OUR YEAR!!!

Happy Transfer Window

• Advertisement

James Milner walked out of Anfield £50M richer and didn't even realise it.
    He was checking for his keys to drive home and Raheem fell out of his pocket.

Happy New Year!.....

*Stolen from somewhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

NukaCola wrote: »
    James Milner walked out of Anfield £50M richer and didn't even realise it.
    He was checking for his keys to drive home and Raheem fell out of his pocket.

Happy New Year!.....

*Stolen from somewhere

Missed opportunity to say he found fifty million sterling in his pocket.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Missed opportunity to say he found fifty million sterling in his pocket.

Alcohol may have been involved.....

James Milner uncovers 50 million Pound Sterling fraud at Anfield on Saturday.
    Breaking Sky News

James Milner uncovers 50 million Pound Sterling fraud at Anfield on Saturday.
    Breaking Sky News

Bit harsh on De Bruyne.....

We always round up.

We always round up.

I've always had a sneaky suspicion that there was more than one. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Thought Klavan was really good especially since he was on a yellow card after 6 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Thought Klavan was really good especially since he was on a yellow card after 6 minutes.

Which Milner cost him with a terrible pass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

A great little purchase from the master..

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement