Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Thought Klavan was really good especially since he was on a yellow card after 6 minutes.

He's the postman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,122 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

W123-80's wrote: »
    Talking of maths.... try being a Liverpool fan from Mayo..!
    At some point one of these years has to be either Mayo's or Liverpools..:pac:.

I share your pain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Happy Doughboy day lads.

Never forget.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

? I've forgotten

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I've been waiting for a performance like that all season and to do it against a title rival is even better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Happy new year all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Bloody tough to watch. But was absolutely delighted with the result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

#terrible analogy alert!

That game was like a post Christmas enema or being made to run up and down the Hill by Ian Hendry - a bracing experience which reminds you that there's an easy way and a hard way and that sometimes the hard way is the best way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

City were Shiite. Did we defend well or were they just that terrible?
    They but the defence under no real sustained pressure. They could have been playing until next year and they still wouldn't have gotten a shot on target never mind score.

• Advertisement

Happy next big unit of tracking time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    They but the defence under no real sustained pressure. They could have been playing until next year and they still wouldn't have gotten a shot on target never mind score.

We have conceded 5 goals in 5 games against city spurs utd Chelsea and arsenal. 3 of those against arsenal. We can defend when we have to. Against the rest we seem to have the attitude that we will outscore them .
    We have 11 pts in 5 games against the other teams in top 6 which is a great return.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

We have 11 pts in 5 games against the other teams in top 6 which is a great return.

3 of those games were also away from home making it more impressive

Well United came not to play and Chelsea weren't playing 3 at the back at the time(they're a million times better since) and still scored.
    We conceded against Arsenal and Spurs and Chelsea. So it's only City and Utd that we've defended well and kept a clean sheet but the City were hopeless going forward last night and Utd didn't try.
    We played arsenal with a much depleted defence in their side and got involved in a high scoring game.
    Chelsea game, I think we actually defended well as Chelsea were still good despite not playing this fabled 3 at the back.
    Spurs, I can't remember.
    Utd came for a draw mourihno style, our defence not under much pressure. Also I thnk Utd are playing better since and it will be a much sterner test at Old Ttafford.
    City were hopeless last night.

I'm not sure where I'm going with this but maybe I just think the record isn't as good as it looks. But if we get a similar return in the opposing games against these I'll shut my stupid mouth.

At the same time, if we could have gotten one or two passing right last night, city were there to be battered and maybe I'm just disappointed about that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Well United came not to play and Chelsea weren't playing 3 at the back at the time(they're a million times better since) and still scored.
    We conceded against Arsenal and Spurs and Chelsea. So it's only City and Utd that we've defended well and kept a clean sheet but the City were hopeless going forward last night and Utd didn't try.
    We played arsenal with a much depleted defence in their side and got involved in a high scoring game.
    Chelsea game, I think we actually defended well as Chelsea were still good despite not playing this fabled 3 at the back.
    Spurs, I can't remember.
    Utd came for a draw mourihno style, our defence not under much pressure. Also I thnk Utd are playing better since and it will be a much sterner test at Old Ttafford.
    City were hopeless last night.

I'm not sure where I'm going with this but maybe I just think the record isn't as good as it looks. But if we get a similar return in the opposing games against these I'll shut my stupid mouth.

At the same time, if we could have gotten one or two passing right last night, city were there to be battered and maybe I'm just disappointed about that.
    Since Klopp has taken over we have lost one league game against the top 6 from 13 games played when De Gea was incredible.

• Advertisement

MD1990 wrote: »
    Since Klopp has taken over we have lost one league game against the top 6 from 13 games played when De Gea was incredible.

That's all well and good but I'm waiting for the next 13 games. And yes I've gotten up outside the wrong end of the bed.

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=329867.0;attach=275385;image

Chelsea are already probably off over the hill, Conte would happily take a point from every "top 6" meeting left, Arsenal are still there to be got at and Utd have had a pretty easy run of games (Palace, Sunderland, Boro, West Brom, Everton, West Ham, Swansea with only Spurs and Arsenal of a proper standard), Spurs are the more intriguing side - the are pretty steadfast and Kane is in the groove again though like Man Utd their opposition has been largely modest recently - Hull, Soton, Burnley, Swansea)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Positions and passing networks against City up to the 65th minute.

yiGK7Us.jpg

Positions and passing networks against City up to the 65th minute.

yiGK7Us.jpg

Mane and Clyne are bessie mates these days, though not as tight as Milner and Can!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Lallana anonymous. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I often wonder what happened that lad and what he's up to these days.

That kind of anger rage quiting can't be good for the health.

I wonder who he's obsessed about these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Delighted with the result and the clean sheet, some very good performances, but I'm concerned about Fun Bobby. Oirigi deserves a lengthy turn as main man.

corwill wrote: »
    Delighted with the result and the clean sheet, some very good performances, but I'm concerned about Fun Bobby. Oirigi deserves a lengthy turn as main man.

I'd say the drink driving thing is probably affected him slightly.

I'd say the drink driving thing is probably affected him slightly.

He was already in ropy form beforehand, though. With Mane off on international duty, hard to bench Bobby for want of bodies.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

We need a signing or two in January, now is not the time for Klopp to be a hero, It's admirable that he can polish as many turds as he has with this squad and have them in 2nd place with a negative net spend, all good stuff but we need extra bodies, Mane going needs to be covered, the squad needs to be bolstered because we'll be in Europe next year one way or the other, we have a title challenge on our hands here, being frugal now will not benefit anyone, splash the cash and get someone in, it might be against Klopps nature but I'm sure we must have serious cash to spend, so spend some, like I said no need to be a hero.

Firmino was excellent against Stoke though only a game ago and was doing a lot of good things just the final touch/pass let him down. You cant expect a player to be always on form. Probably needs a rest alright tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

He was already in ropy form beforehand, though. With Mane off on international duty, hard to bench Bobby for want of bodies.

Yeah. He's been in poor form since Coutinho has been out.

We need a signing or two in January, now is not the time for Klopp to be a hero, It's admirable that he can polish as many turds as he has with this squad and have them in 2nd place with a negative net spend, all good stuff but we need extra bodies, Mane going needs to be covered, the squad needs to be bolstered because we'll be in Europe next year one way or the other, we have a title challenge on our hands here, being frugal now will not benefit anyone, splash the cash and get someone in, it might be against Klopps nature but I'm sure we must have serious cash to spend, so spend some, like I said no need to be a hero.

I'd say if some targets are available we'll go for them, if not I dont see us splashing over the odds unfortunately. A few signings definitely needed I agree.

I often wonder what happened that lad and what he's up to these days.

That kind of anger rage quiting can't be good for the health.

I wonder who he's obsessed about these days.

I have a funny feeling he is still amongst us.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Spending big on a player does not guarantee that player will be a success tho in fact quiet often it has the opposite effect. I would be happy for Klopp sign the players he wants the cost doesn't matter.

• Advertisement

Spending big on a player does not guarantee that player will be a success tho in fact quiet often it has the opposite effect. I would be happy for Klopp sign the players he wants the cost doesn't matter.

Well yeah, I don't mean he needs to break the bank if he thinks he can get someone that will supplement the squad for a bargain price then fair enough, but we need signings, the squad is paper thin at the moment, though obviously throwing an extra couple of million to make a deal happen should also be done if necessary, nothing ridiculous but just a sweetener to get it done in Jan might be needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

NukaCola wrote: »

Of course, it might all be an elaborate hoax and he is a sleeper in another forum ready to cause problems when the time is right

Probably needs a rest alright tbh.

A rest would be the height of it, certainly, we can all see he's quality. Just a bit of breathing space is all that should be required. He's probably out of bresth from blowing into the bag, after all.

True but the last two games he's been extra ropy.

Like a stale fart gone bad.

Like a stale fart gone bad.

Being pedantic, wouldn't one of those be bad to start with?

Given my brussels sprout and Stilton consumption of late, I feel I can speak with authority on the area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

And yes I've gotten up outside the wrong end of the bed.

Don't be a hero now and don't try and get better OTT we need you sick for tomorrow afternoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Have to say i was worried when i saw origi come on for Henderson when trying to defend a lead but he was excellent, a good option to give firmino a rest but we need to sign another with mane going away

Being pedantic, wouldn't one of those be bad to start with?

Given my brussels sprout and Stilton consumption of late, I feel I can speak with authority on the area.

I suppose it was 'comedic' license, and I just liked the sound of it.

sword1 wrote: »
    Have to say i was worried when i saw origi come on for Henderson when trying to defend a lead but he was excellent, a good option to give firmino a rest but we need to sign another with mane going away

I think Bobby might get a rest tomorrow, a front 3 of Origi, Sturridge and Mane seems like it could be quite tasty.

• Advertisement

Don't be a hero now and don't try and get better OTT we need you sick for tomorrow afternoon.

Don't worry, have you been reading my posts? Not the posts of a well person. I think I'll be ringing in dead next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I think Bobby might get a rest tomorrow, a front 3 of Origi, Sturridge and Mane seems like it could be quite tasty.

Is Mane not gone to ACON after yesterday's match?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

With the quick turnaround in games I reckon we could see firmino rested tomorrow. Origi and sturridge due to being fresh should start and are the only options off the bench I'd be comfortable with starting. If hendo is out a front 6 of can wiji llalana mane sturridge origi. We really don't have the options to rotate too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Need a strong central midfielder,someone to just play midfield and not be careering forward, or an attacking player shoehorned into midfield. Henderson is doing well, but more help is needed here, like when he went off yesterday lallana had to drop deep instead of having someone to come in.

If someone is available in January good and we'll, but otherwise it has to be a priority in the summer.

Fieldog wrote: »
    Is Mane not gone to ACON after yesterday's match?

I don't believe so, not 100% though.

Firmino has been doing plenty of things well but his finishing and touch in the box isn't at all where it was for the first 10/12 games.

He was scoring at a prolific rate than, just gone the other way lately. Happens to most strikers and to be fair it's probably more likely to happen to someone who isn't an out and out striker.

I'd have a tiny worry about the drink driving thing. When Mig totally lost form I was afraid something had gone majorly wrong in his life.... sick relative, gambling problem, wife having affair etc. I'd say that wasn't the case now thankfully. I just hope with firmino that the drink driving wasn't as a result of some other problem or issue.

• Advertisement

Need a strong central midfielder,someone to just play midfield and not be careering forward, or an attacking player shoehorned into midfield. Henderson is doing well, but more help is needed here, like when he went off yesterday lallana had to drop deep instead of having someone to come in.

If someone is available in January good and we'll, but otherwise it has to be a priority in the summer.

Can is surely that?

Also have grujic and Stewart for the coming seasons. Was surprised Lucas didn't come on for hendo

Can't see a CM coming in Jan anyway

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Firmino can get a rest after Sunderland. Sturridge or Origi or both will start tomorrow though I reckon not both. If Henderson is out, Can, Wijnaldum and Lallana will be the midfield 3 unless Klopp wants to give Lucas a game. Moreno might start too perhaps.

Sunderland have lots of injuries so hopefully we can get a comfortable victory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I remember that game we won 1-0 last year against City like it was yesterday.

Sunderland

Mig
    Clyne-Lovren-Klavan-Milner
    Can
    Lallana--Wiji
    --Mane---Firmino--Origi

Karius, Alex-Arnold, Lucas, Moreno, Ejaria, Sturridge and one from Stewart/Woodburn

Then a big change for the FA Cup tie - mainly U23s with Sturridge leading the line and Can in the middle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

There's more to Klopp's style of play than simply blitzing the opposition, yesterday we witnessed Guardiola's possession based game being used against Man City. The early goal helped us because we didn't have to come forward and always posed the threat of the counter attack.

The passing avenues for their forward players were minimised so they were forced to play their possession football with their defensive players.

Normally the attacking players in the Man City team play two or three times the number of passes of the defensive players but the way Liverpool approached the game meant that that the Man City back six saw more of the ball than any of our players and their own attacking players.

Mourinho would be lauded for such a tactical master stroke.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement