Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Spurs going top 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Talisman wrote: »
    There's more to Klopp's style of play than simply blitzing the opposition, yesterday we witnessed Guardiola's possession based game being used against Man City. The early goal helped us because we didn't have to come forward and always posed the threat of the counter attack.

The passing avenues for their forward players were minimised so they were forced to play their possession football with their defensive players.

Normally the attacking players in the Man City team play two or three times the number of passes of the defensive players but the way Liverpool approached the game meant that that the Man City back six saw more of the ball than any of our players and their own attacking players.

Mourinho would be lauded for such a tactical master stroke.
    Iirc, Aguero never touched the ball in the Liverpool box yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Sunderland

Mig
    Clyne-Lovren-Klavan-Milner
    Can
    Lallana--Wiji
    --Mane---Firmino--Origi

Karius, Alex-Arnold, Lucas, Moreno, Ejaria, Sturridge and one from Stewart/Woodburn

Then a big change for the FA Cup tie - mainly U23s with Sturridge leading the line and Can in the middle.

That's our best available team but I think you have to factor in that team bar origi played a very intense game 44 hours before the next game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

They can rest after! :)

How many did Liverpool put past Watford? 6 wasn't it? No wonder Spurs are comfy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

ebbsy wrote: »
    Spurs going top 4.

Yes they look good today, top 5 very strong this season. City out of top 4 by end of the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

If someone is available in January good and we'll, but otherwise it has to be a priority in the summer.
    I think we'll make another attempt to sign Ante Coric from Dinamo Zagreb. They accepted a bid in the summer but the player wanted to stay because the chance to play Champions League football with his club was a dream come true. Zagreb were whipping boys in their Champions League group and didn't quaiify for the Europa League but it's now off his bucket list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Where is Gary Doherty these day he be the ideal signing can cover in defense and can probably still run more that Sturridge if needed up front.

& score more than Bobby currently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Where is Gary Doherty these day he be the ideal signing can cover in defense and can probably still run more that Sturridge if needed up front.

Bring back John Wark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Spurs win on Wednesday or even a draw would be immense for us - I'd love it they beat them - Love it!

• Advertisement

Borini nailed on to wreak havoc on our defence tomorrow with his movement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

On a similar vein I thought Richard Dunne did well on BT Sports yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

ebbsy wrote: »
    On a similar vein I thought Richard Dunne did well on BT Sports yesterday.

Yea, not a hint of bias in his analysis either....

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

ardinn wrote: »
    Spurs win on Wednesday or even a draw would be immense for us - I'd love it they beat them - Love it!

There is no result which is terrible for us. Positives everywhere depending on the way it's looked at.

5starpool wrote: »
    There is no result which is terrible for us. Positives everywhere depending on the way it's looked at.

Yes - but chelsea losing is the biggest positive out of the lot!

MD1990 wrote: »
    Klavan & Matip 4m. Stones & Otamendi 80m. Incredible.

Ragnar, Matip, Lovren, Clyne, Milner, Gomez, Morneo cost £52m.

Stones cost £50m.

Even if you put Sakho and Ilori in who won't play for Liverpool again the total comes £77m which is still £3m less than Stones & Otamendi.

Crazy really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Stones is homegrown. Only Milner is of those you listed. And he is on a massive wage.

Homegrown players are worth more.

Kirby wrote: »
    Stones is homegrown. Only Milner is of those you listed. And he is on a massive wage.

Clyne and Gomez are also homegrown?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

NukaCola wrote: »
    Clyne and Gomez are also homegrown?

But if you ignore them...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

https://twitter.com/premierleague/status/815357382977011713

You have to love the guy for turning it around the way he has.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    But if you ignore them...

Players or posters?

The ball or his form?

NukaCola wrote: »
    The ball or his form?

I knew someone would go there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

https://twitter.com/premierleague/status/815357382977011713

Yep, his turnaround is matched only by your change of opinion on him.

Kirby wrote: »

As has been pointed out Clyne and Gomez are also homegrown and Stones isn't being paid in peanuts he is on at the very least £100k a week and I'd call them massive wages as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

first time in a long time i think we looked completely in control in a game,it went just to plan i think,should have scored another 2 really. fantastic and riveting to watch,didnt find it boring at all

Klopp showed he can produce a Plan B that was ultra effective in a game where the usual tactic may not have worked.

Great to see.

Yep, his turnaround is matched only by your change of opinion on him.

Player was shit - I disliked his shitness.

Player improves hugely - I very much like player.

Problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Problem?

Of course there's a problem. One should never, ever change one's mind once a position has been taken. Instead, you need to make increasingly strained, ever odder arguments in support of the insupportable, and eventually just snipe at others incessantly, long after everyone, maybe even you, have forgotten what the original point was.

You need to work on your shrillness, too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Jurfa Kloppitez got it right yesterday. I would think it was a game plan adopted during play rather that a master plan, although playing 3 sitters in midfield was a tactic clearly.
    We have that ability to keep a clean sheet. We might need it away to United.
    We can score, that is not in question, but can we win 1-0 more often...

• Advertisement

Problem?

Once you state an opinion you can never ever change. That's why on forums it's better to never judge a player until he retires, therefore you can never be proved wrong.

The fence is safest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Need to turn screw on Chelsea tomorrow.
    Narrowing gap to 3pts puts ball in their court for a tough away game at Spurs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

We need a signing or two in January, now is not the time for Klopp to be a hero, It's admirable that he can polish as many turds as he has with this squad and have them in 2nd place with a negative net spend, all good stuff but we need extra bodies, Mane going needs to be covered, the squad needs to be bolstered because we'll be in Europe next year one way or the other, we have a title challenge on our hands here, being frugal now will not benefit anyone, splash the cash and get someone in, it might be against Klopps nature but I'm sure we must have serious cash to spend, so spend some, like I said no need to be a hero.

Agreed we need a couple of bodies in....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Can't see why Sturridge shouldn't get 90 mins tomorrow. Could cause serious havoc for Sunderland.

Could pull a hammy either.

Vicxas wrote: »
    Can't see why Sturridge shouldn't get 90 mins tomorrow. Could cause serious havoc for Sunderland.

Agreed, I hope he does start, I hope he dances his ass off too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Vicxas wrote: »

I'd be happy enough if we rest Firmino and start Sturridge or swap them after 60 minutes.

Would rather bring him on when the game is wrapped up. If he's on from the start and gets an early goal it'll be like playing the rest of the game with 10 men.

Would love to see us win tomorrow and keep the pressure on Chelsea.

Hopefully we go right at them from the off and score early doors

A lot of them will have close to two weeks off after tomorrow no need to rest anyone unless they feeling tired.

That's unless Klopp decides to play a full strength team in the FA cup.

• Advertisement

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Would love to see us win tomorrow and keep the pressure on Chelsea.
    A lot of them will have close to two weeks off after tomorrow no need to rest anyone unless they feeling tired.

That's unless Klopp decides to play a full strength team in the FA cup.

Michael Owen has some competition here lads!

Michael Owen has some competition here lads!

I'd sooner have Michael Owen on here then someone constantly moaning about other posters.

Horses for courses

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    I'd sooner have Michael Owen on here then someone constantly moaning about other posters.

Horses for courses

Say what you see Robo, say what you see!

WalkerRoy.jpg

It's happening again.

I'd be happy with Sturridge starting tomorrow either.

No need to change a winning team unless of course it's due to injury so I'd leave the front three as they are tomorrow.

And maybe hope Mane picks up a little knock that might keep him out for a few weeks.

5starpool wrote: »
    I'd be happy with Sturridge starting tomorrow either.

Same. Should be very fresh too.

No need to change a winning team unless of course it's due to injury so I'd leave the front three as they are tomorrow.

Completely different approach tomorrow though - probably mix it up a bit especilly after playing 46 hrs earlier

ardinn wrote: »
    Completely different approach tomorrow though - probably mix it up a bit especilly after playing 46 hrs earlier

Why change a winning approach when you can give most of them nearly two weeks rest up after the game.

• Advertisement

Why change a winning approach when you can give most of them nearly two weeks rest up after the game.

Because we're playing a different team, It's not that hard to comprehend is it? You think we will stand off Sunderland and let them have possession like we did with City? You think we'll need Can and Hendo to sit deep to stop Sunderland play through us? You not think we will be on the front foot alot more so it would be beneficial to play Origi or Sturridge or both? Why did Klopp drop Origi for the City game if was just as simplistic as just play a winning team.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement