Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

**** sake sickener that to add to late injury (again) to Sturridge. Just weren't at it today probably point fair enough. Tired

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Massive overreactions incoming... worst team in the league. Rubbish... etc etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Don't care how poor we were, would've won if it wasn't for that non free kick. Ref was brutal today and Sunderland's complaining got to him.

Yep, had enough to beat Sunderland...not enough to beat the ref.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

No teams play well over christmas with the schedule. Just need to grind out results.
    We done ok & enough to win. But dropped too deep after going up 2-1. Referee done us no favours either. We were up against 12 men.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Ref had a shocker today that free kick in the lead up to their second penalty was never a free.

We were tired today but listen i would of took 4 points out of the city and Sunderland game beforehand although not in this order.

Just hope for a spurs win on wednesday as chelsea still have to come to anfield at the end of the month

7 points from Everton, City and Sunderland is a good return... we need to keep focused on that. There will always be bad games. We still prob did enough to win that. Ref kind of shafted us but at the same time it was so dumb by Mane.

Coutinho, Hendo and Matip will be back soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Just in from work, bad result, is it worth my while watching a replay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

We are a ****ing disgrace TBH,pointless beating city and then serve up this ****,mane is a ****ing idiot for that handball,he can piss off for the month now and not give a ****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

As I always say one good or bad game won't make or break us. United game will be a test mentally in a major way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Gotta feel that Klopp got it wrong today... too many of the lads looked shattered. Bobby needs a rest in the worst possible way. Really need Spuds to do us a favour tomorrow.

Agreed, Klopp has to take the blame for that, everyone on here presumed/predicted the team would be freshened up for today but one change only was poor, he's running these players into the ground, the likes of Firmino, Can, Milner all looked very leggy. Probably no coincidence that Sturridge was MOM as he was the only fresh player out there.

Also, not sure what he was trying to achieve sarcastically clapping the Sunderland fans, would Liverpool have put the ball out in the same situation? Would they balls. Play the fcking whistle, it wasn't a head injury (in before anyone says it was a mental injury to sturridge).

We blew it big style Sunderland are garbage, to twice go ahead and not win against such a poor team really is unforgivable, infuriating all round display tbh, just wasted the City win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Brainfarts continue to undermine us. That and the shocking standard standard of reffing in the premier lg.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Our last game was less than 48 hours ago. This was never going to be plain sailing.

Better to lose the points against Sunderland than City. If we'd won today and lost the last day City would be 3 points closer to us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Bournemouth, Sunderland and West Ham, we were winning in all three games and have taken 2 points from the 9 available.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

points dropped. silly pen by klavan ,these things happen over a season

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

We didn't deserve to win I thought. Bad day out not to beat them at any time though given how abject they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭price690

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Gotta feel that Klopp got it wrong today... too many of the lads looked shattered. Bobby needs a rest in the worst possible way. Really need Spuds to do us a favour tomorrow.

Really don't need spurs gaining ground in race for top 4 either.

This Liverpool team won't be winning the league, we are 2 bad results away from 5th place and United away next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

shamrock55 wrote: »
    We are a ****ing disgrace TBH,pointless beating city and then serve up this ****,mane is a ****ing idiot for that handball,he can piss off for the month now and not give a ****

if you could also it would be fantastic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Done enough to win. Two stupid decisions from our players cost us. WTF was Mané doing? Crazy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

haha I'm only surprised we didn't drop all 3. Pathetic.

Chelsea beat spurs wed and we fail to beat United it's all over.

Thanks for being honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Pyjamarama wrote:
    7 points from Everton, City and Sunderland is a good return... we need to keep focused on that. There will always be bad games. We still prob did enough to win that. Ref kind of shafted us but at the same time it was so dumb by Mane.

Was a good return over the Christmas in fairness. Just no room for error unfortunately. Two weeks to get couple big players back too and hopefully a new signing to make up for Mane loss. Onwards and upwards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Ultimately in the last month or so we've blown a 2-0 and a 3-1 lead against Bournemouth and led 1-0 and 2-1 against Sunderland and only picked up 1 point from those two games. That and only drawing at home to West Ham. 2 points from 9 right there. Basically Chelsea's lead over us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Not too disappointed.

Given the performance Chelsea gave put in I hadn't thought we were credible title challengers for a while. In another season, maybe, but we lack too much as a squad.

In these games, where the conditions favour weaker teams and its hard to be at your best, you need a rock solid defence or a ruthless attack and we have neither.

We've come a very long way. I'm confident we can solidify a CL spot. That'd represent a brilliant performance from this team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

We got a live one here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

I see reading some of these posts we are sh*t again. Hard to keep up.

One misplaced pass - he's sh*t
    One poor performance - we're sh*t

Gotta love the sky sports generation of 'fan'.

All now waiting for Neville to tell em what to think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Glad Mane is off - I do not want to see his face for a while!

13 points over the last 5 games should be considered very decent of course - it's just the way it happened that's so infuriating.

Some lads are going to make a show of themselves with the meltdowns.

Also, dont see how Klopp "got it wrong". Think we done more than enough to win. As a manager you cant account for someone handling a ball from a freekick. Freshen it up and lads would be complaining he made too many changes. That team had enough to win and were comfortable bar 15 mins. Bad results happen.

We are still in great shape. Forget about Chelsea, they are on a different planet with results at the moment, that run wont last.

Alonso77 wrote: »
    I see reading some of these posts we are sh*t again. Hard to keep up.

One misplaced pass - he's sh*t
    One poor performance - we're sh*t

Gotta love the sky sports generation of 'fan'.

All now waiting for Neville to tell em what to think.

Don't act like you know better than everyone else. We're not sh*t, almost nobody is saying we are.

Disappointing result, but 13 from 15 is a great return tbh.

I do feel though if Chelsea beat Spurs we won't catch them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Lets not forget he's won us an awful lot of points this year. Give him a break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Happy New Year. Your still as positive as ever :p

Glad Mane is off - I do not want to see his face for a while!

13 points over the last 5 games should be considered very decent of course - it's just the way it happened that's so infuriating.

ah we'd be a lot better off if he wasn't going... with Coutinho almost back we'd have the front 3 together again.

Can improved a ton in the 2nd half but he hasn't got the agility to play that role for us. He's good in the driving role when its needed but the shuttle screen role he just can't do. Think Gini might actually be better at it. Tho we didn't think Hendo could do it earlier in the season and now there's no-one else in the league i'd rather have there so you never know where we'll end up with Can. Maybe left back when Jimmy retires. :P

Thought Moreno did well enough when he came on too. A few nice little interchanges with Firmino (who is WRECKED).

With regards to Sturridge, I don't care how unfortunate his injuries are anymore, if he's out for any significant amount of time now he's done. He can't be relied on if every time he's given an opportunity he goes and gets injured. He's perfectly fit for weeks and then when Coutinho gets injured so does he, and when Mane leaves for Africa he gets injured again, it's constant.

NukaCola wrote: »

Lads that have meltdowns over a result need to get a grip.

They are ****ed if a real crisis comes their way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

It's the easiest thing in the world to say "Klopp got it wrong" because there's no way of disproving it. If he made 5/6 changes we might have lost 4-0...who's to say? Yes the players looked tired but we still did enough to win that game...Mane's ridiculous handball and the ref still drunk from New Years eve killed us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

We should have had 3 goals today
    Their keeper made two great saves from Sturridge
    Not the long range shots, they were expected saves
    Still see gap is 5 today and was 6 yesterday
    Spurs rarely lose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Have a feeling Klopp is going to have a right go at someone after this. He was already unhappy about the fixture list a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

rob316 wrote: »

Chelsea beat spurs wed and we fail to beat United it's all over.

rofl. Love dropping in to see the odd shıte post like this.

Edit: ok a little OTT on my part. But "all over", is this for real?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I want a nice transfer to cheer me up :)

• Advertisement

Also, dont see how Klopp "got it wrong". Think we done more than enough to win. As a manager you cant account for someone handling a ball from a freekick. Freshen it up and lads would be complaining he made too many changes. That team had enough to win and were comfortable bar 15 mins. Bad results happen.

We are still in great shape. Forget about Chelsea, they are on a different planet with results at the moment, that run wont last.

He's not infallible, he can get it wrong, I believe he did today.

quarryman wrote: »
    rofl. Love dropping in to see the odd shıte post like this.

Edit: ok a little OTT on my part. But "all over", is this for real?

Nicely rescued

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

With regards to Sturridge, I don't care how unfortunate his injuries are anymore, if he's out for any significant amount of time now he's done. He can't be relied on if every time he's given an opportunity he goes and gets injured. He's perfectly fit for weeks and then when Coutinho gets injured so does he, and when Mane leaves for Africa he gets injured again, it's constant.

Honestly don't think he can handle the pressure/expectation. The season he was most available for Suarez had all the expectation, following season when it would have fallen on him he was constantly injured.

Will be interesting to see how long he's out for...will it match Mane's time away?

He's not infallible, he can get it wrong, I believe he did today.

Did I say he cant get it wrong?
    I also disagree that he got it wrong today with his lineup for the reasons I already expressed.

I want a nice transfer to cheer me up :)

transfer you say...

charlie-adam-stoke-goal-celebration_3301072.jpg?20150509155551

Did I say he cant get it wrong?
    I also disagree that he got it wrong today with his lineup for the reasons I already expressed.

If we scraped the win today if would have just been lucky, the team was running in treacle, needed fresh legs. Klopp not used to a busy Xmas schedule, need to utilise the squad a bit more imo. Like I said most people expected 3 or 4 changes pre match.

Aside from the ref it was moments of incompetence that gave away the goals today. A lazy leg from Klavan when the Sunderland player had already lost the ball for the first penalty and a bizarre, brain-dead move from Mane for the second.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Ultimately in the last month or so we've blown a 2-0 and a 3-1 lead against Bournemouth and led 1-0 and 2-1 against Sunderland and only picked up 1 point from those two games. That and only drawing at home to West Ham. 2 points from 9 right there. Basically Chelsea's lead over us.

You could flip that and say we've done well to get decent to great results so far against City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Leicester, Spurs and United.

Freak results happen, and we both benefited and been on the receiving end. We've no divine right for the script to follow how it should or how we want it.

If we scraped the win today if would have just been lucky, the team was running in treacle, needed fresh legs. Klopp not used to a busy Xmas schedule, need to utilise the squad a bit more imo. Like I said most people expected 3 or 4 changes pre match.

In fairness had he changed a bit more in other games we could have dropped points in those. Looking at the period as a whole and it was pretty ridic good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Have a feeling Klopp is going to have a right go at someone after this. He was already unhappy about the fixture list a few weeks ago.

He really should have kept his mouth shut about it.He already complained about the Christmas fixtures last year and complaining about it this year justified or not would surely only get into the players heads and make them think it's harder to deal with the schedule before they've even played the game.It can't really be a good idea to be so negative about the schedule and assume something is going to go wrong before you've even played the matches.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement