Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Don't act like you know better than everyone else. We're not sh*t, almost nobody is saying we are.

I'm not acting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

If we scraped the win today if would have just been lucky, the team was running in treacle, needed fresh legs. Klopp not used to a busy Xmas schedule, need to utilise the squad a bit more imo. Like I said most people expected 3 or 4 changes pre match.

I dont agree. We done more than enough to win there.

You cant drop anyone from the backline really can you? You could probably have brought in Lucas for Can in the midfield and we'd have been ok. And Origi for Firmino, who else are you bringing in? One or two changes doesn't mean we'd automatically be better either.

What are the 3/4 changes you are looking for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

quarryman wrote: »
    rofl. Love dropping in to see the odd shıte post like this.

Edit: ok a little OTT on my part. But "all over", is this for real?

don't see what's funny or ****e. our title challenge will be over. It looked tough as it was 6 points away from them, it could be 8 points Wednesday and in 2 weeks time it could be 11.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

NukaCola wrote: »

You cant drop anyone from the backline really can you? You could probably have brought in Lucas for Can in the midfield and we'd have been ok. And Origi for Firmino, who else are you bringing in? One or two changes doesn't mean we'd automatically be better.

If Coutinho, Hendo and Matip were fit he could have mixed it up a bit more alright but they aren't fit. Not sure Klopp could have made any more changes really without taking a risk. Said beforehand he didn't want to make too many changes as it might destroy the "rhythm" of the side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

That was a dissapointing result. Still not as dissapointing as some of the posts I've read in the last few pages though. Some lads would want to get a grip and realise how brilliant we've been this season and that we're still in an excellent position. Take the "D" out of Dour Year. ;)

• Advertisement

Spurs may very well hold Chelsea to a draw on weds.

If that happens who wouldn't have been happy to be 6 pts off the leaders the first week in Jan?

Let's see how it pans out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Don't worry everyone,we are still gonna win the league

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

OK, so we'll only be 5 points ahead of Utd when we play them. Massive game for looking up and down the table.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Two points dropped due to stupid mistakes. Annoying.

The pressure to keep winning is intense, an electric pace is being set at the top of the table. Lots of work to be done.

If Coutinho, Hendo and Matip were fit he could have mixed it up a bit more alright but they aren't fit. Not sure Klopp could have made any more changes really without taking a risk. Said beforehand he didn't want to make too many changes as it might destroy the "rhythm" of the side.

Yea, exactly. More than 2 changes to the team and your looking to play the young lads. Too much of a risk there IMO and people would complain there was too many changes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Yea, exactly. More than 2 changes to the team and your looking to play the young lads. Too much of a risk there IMO and people would complain there was too many changes.

But but but...it works in FIFA.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

You cant drop anyone from the backline really can you? You could probably have brought in Lucas for Can in the midfield and we'd have been ok. And Origi for Firmino, who else are you bringing in? One or two changes doesn't mean we'd automatically be better either.

You could have had Lucas in for Can, you could have had Moreno in for Milner, you could have had Origi in for Firmino on top of Sturridge being already brought in that would have been 4. Even the likes of Stewart could have been brought in, we had choices. One change was not enough as proven, we did not win. Mental errors from Klavan and Mane cost us, probably due to fatigue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

We don't play again for 2 weeks
    Chelsea play two games before that.
    Can see them losing both

You could have had Lucas in for Can, you could have had Moreno in for Milner, you could have had Origi in for Firmino on top of Sturridge being already brought in that would have been. Even the likes of Stewart could have been brought in, we had choices. One change was not enough as proven, we did not win. Mental errors from Klavan and Mane cost us, probably due to fatigue.

Just think its harsh to say that his line up was definitely wrong and that Klopp needs better squad management over the Christmas schedule where we got 13/15 points. I just dont agree.

Unbeaten in 6 (4 wins 2 draws) since the Bournemouth horror. Putting another run together hopefully

Chelsea peaked too early
    We will go on a 10 gaming winning streak at some point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Chelsea peaked too early
    We will go on a 10 gaming winning streak at some point.

Can't really call it peaked when it's still going, but I do think the top teams with good front lines will expose their defence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,547 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Would have taken 4 points from 6 before New Year.

Still a pity we couldn't close this out. Silly mistake cost us the peno.

2 games in less than 48 hours is ridiculous.

We do often seem to come against lesser teams away how are just up for it when they meet us and we need to learn to handle that.

Still well in the race as Chelsea will drop points soon enough.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Disappointing result. Too many mistakes by us. A real pity.

Thought Mig had a fine game, great to see.

Some of the posts in here make we wonder if some fans are only following football a few weeks.

Spurs and Leicester have great home records
    Chelsea could come down to earth with a bang in next two games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

We have

Injuries
    Busy schedule
    Shallow squad.

2nd is not too bad. Need to get a few in January though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

ebbsy wrote: »
    We have

Injuries
    Busy schedule
    Shallow squad.

Playing once a week excluding the Xmas period is hardly a busy schedule :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Disappointing result. Too many mistakes by us. A real pity.

Thought Mig had a fine game, great to see.

Some of the posts in here make we wonder if some fans are only following football a few weeks.

I think today was the archetypal omnishambles Liverpool game - it's the one we see every season though usualy with a dfeat (maybe we've got them out the way with Burnley and Bournemouth) - supposedly weak and weakened opposition raising their game as our lot think up ways to mess up a promising tie with slow minds and slow feet. Klopp can take some of the blame with his reluctance to rotate but in the end Mane and Mane alone is why we are not all breathing easily and looking forward to what happens between Spurs and Chelsea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

I understand people getting annoyed with over reactions. But that comes from loving a team that frustrate you everytime they don't win. Especially when not beaten/held by a better team. So those people criticising those who overreact, step back. Overreaction is born out of frustration. We all want Liverpool to do well.

13 points out of 15 over the Christmas is great but always a frustration when the 2 you do drop is to the worst opposition you face. Plus the pace being set by all the top 6 teams means that every dropped point is amplified.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

shamrock55 wrote: »
    We are a ****ing disgrace TBH,pointless beating city and then serve up this ****,mane is a ****ing idiot for that handball,he can piss off for the month now and not give a ****

Sort yourself out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Also is anyone here surprised Daniel got injured again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Also is anyone here surprised Daniel got injured again.

Well no, but do we know anything about it yet? Could be nothing much for real just for once :)

Jürgen Klopp offered an update on James Milner and Daniel Sturridge’s conditions after both players were withdrawn during Liverpool’s 2-2 draw at Sunderland on Monday with knocks.

Milner made way for Alberto Moreno at half-time with a calf complaint, while Sturridge was substituted on 80 minutes due to an ankle problem on a disappointing afternoon for the Reds at the Stadium of Light.

Afterwards, Klopp told his post-match press conference: “[Sturridge] got a knock on his right ankle. I don’t think it’s too bad.

“[Milner] felt like he got a knock on the calf, but he didn’t know exactly if he got a knock. So then we needed to be really careful, so that’s why we made a change.”

Meanwhile, Jordan Henderson is set to miss Liverpool’s next outing – the FA Cup third-round tie with Plymouth Argyle at Anfield – due to the heel issue he sustained against Manchester City.

Asked how long he was expecting to be without the services of the captain, Klopp said: “I don’t know exactly. Hopefully it’s not too serious, but the FA Cup will be difficult.”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Lads we need 2/3 signings in this window that can come in and start from word go.

Coutinho injured. Sturridge a constant doubt . Mane gone to AFCON. Henderson injured . We're threadbare with a busy January coming up .

There was great talk about Grujic when he signed. But he's barely featured,maybe he's a Work in progress but we don't need that . We need a couple of top quality signings to build on our great start to the 1st half of the season

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Grujic has been out injured for ages now,not sure what the problem was. No way in hell we'll sign around 3 starting players this window. 1 at most I reckon, but probably not even that.

Juan ya good thing
    Man U lead
    Crap
    Gap closing
    Next game huge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

shamrock55 wrote: »
    We are a ****ing disgrace TBH,pointless beating city and then serve up this ****,mane is a ****ing idiot for that handball,he can piss off for the month now and not give a ****

LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

ebbsy wrote: »
    We have

Injuries
    Busy schedule
    Shallow squad.

Our squad is bad. It seems if one injury there is a kid on the bench or Stewart but he never plays them in the league so it's just a body really on the bench.
    That was a very poor result today no point me excusing it. We tried to play around 13/14 players in 3 quick turnaround matches with our style was always a problem. Was hoping we'd get away with it against such a terrible Sunderland team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I'm done with Sturridge, whats he at letting himself get kicked like that for.

• Advertisement

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I'm done with Sturridge, whats he at letting himself get kicked like that for.

Sturridge was Magnificent Male Of The Moment
    Funny to criticize him today of all days
    Just a knock
    He's not injured

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

I think break from league has come just in time. Sacrifice the cup, as in play whoever is not shattered. Perhaps buy a player or 2 and be ready for united.

We are on 44 points after 20 games 2.2 points per game is a really great return we have lost only two games this season.

If Chelsea weren't on a record run of wins no one would be melting down I believe.

Actually they would be it's the internet.

If you are melting down and are going to rage quit can you all look at Doughboy's effort form 2 years ago yesterday ( Link to it )and try and top it.. All of us who don't go into meltdowns need a good laugh.

We are on 44 points after 20 games 2.2 points per game is a really great return we have lost only two games this season.

If Chelsea weren't on a record run of wins no one would be melting down I believe.

If you are melting down and are going to rage quit can you all look at Doughboy's effort form 2 years ago yesterday ( Link to it )and try and top it.. All of us who don't go into meltdowns need a good laugh.

That's my old account, cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Mike Dean ruing the old days here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Officials having a big direct say in the distribution of points today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Hammers getting screwed over today, officials are terrible standard,utd have momentum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Hammers getting screwed over today, officials are terrible standard,utd have momentum

13 Players on the field for Utd, of course they're going to have momentum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Is there a meltdown? I think it's obvious that we're doing really well while also being clear that we're still flawed. It's also a way different season to last year with a possibility that 76 points could leave a team short of the top four. Which is mad stuff when compared to last year.

Been getting lots of lucky breaks lately. Remember the two Rojo non-red cards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Struggled to put one past a team who went down to 10 men after 10 minutes.....and West Ham still had their chances before and after.

Mourinho bringing on a defender for an attacker with 20 mins to go says it all about them. Take your chances and they can be swept aside.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Is there a meltdown? I think it's obvious that we're doing really well while also being clear that we're still flawed. It's also a way different season to last year with a possibility that 76 points could leave a team short of the top four. Which is mad stuff when compared to last year.

No, I think he was trying to set a record for saying meltdown as many times as he could in one post, maybe he's having one!

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

I'm not going back to multi quote but there are some meltdown posts alright.

Fun to read to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

If you could distill the euphoria from a win against, say City, and use it to dilute the negativity surrounding an underwhelming draw such as today.........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

If someone told us we'd be in this position at the start of the year - we'd snap the hand off them - and probably have been laughed at to boot for even contemplating it.

2 Weeks rest now more or less, with the possibility of Coutinho and Matip to come back into the frame, 2 weeks after Mane will be back - we are holding in second place with possibilities. We'll be a different team than we seen today with players rested and back chomping at the bit.

Positives all over the place!

It's funny how if ManU had dropped points today we'd be twice as optimistic but since they are going through a purple patch and getting decent results v 10 man West Hams of this world we are slightly more worried looking over our shoulders ... it's turning out to be a really exciting season.

Enjoy it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement