Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I don't think he wants an ambassador role though, he wants to get into coaching. He is close to finishing his UEFA A licence I think, and then wants to do his pro one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Oh he'll definitely get into coaching (and management too I'd say), but in the very short-term it sounds like he's happy with doing the BT gig and then he'll try coaching after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

5starpool wrote: »
    I don't think he wants an ambassador role though, he wants to get into coaching. He is close to finishing his UEFA A licence I think, and then wants to do his pro one.

He said in the interview with Linekar that he'll focus on the BT gig for now.

Gerrard will only get a coaching role in the club if Klopp allows it. Nobody is going to force Klopp to take Gerrard on board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Big game in Europe for Utd tonight, and their thread has two pages slagging off Stevie G. Of course they say we're obsessed with them, although I hardly ever see Utd discussions on here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

If Gerrard wants to return to Liverpool he can apply as a volunteer coach for the councils municipal pitches.

murpho999 wrote: »
    Big game in Europe for Utd tonight, and their thread has two pages slagging off Stevie G. Of course they say we're obsessed with them, although I hardly ever see Utd discussions on here.

Why discuss an upper mid table team? How often are Watford talked about here unless we're playing them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Why discuss an upper mid table team? How often are Watford talked about here unless we're playing them?
    I read that as Waterford first and thought 'Harry going off on one again':P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

15107337_10154204184947887_7297602965316469127_n.jpg?oh=448db00ad67588a3d52ed8037f4f8a21&oe=58C90789

Thank you Stevie G

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

@mansize's post above as I was scrolling down I started to see a naked Gerrard the more I scrolled down the more I was expecting to see a real mansize :eek::P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Lallana out for 2-3 more games with a groin injury.

https://twitter.com/bendinnery/status/801778956806619136

Well if it is 2 and it amounts to Sunderland and Leeds we should be ok.

Annoying mainly as he indicated he was okay after the game - obviously an idiot at self diagnosis!

LFCTS ‏@LFCTS 36s36 seconds ago
    Steven Gerrard is set to return to Anfield to join Liverpool’s Academy coaching staff. [Bascombe]

Look out Michael Beale and Neil Critchley

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

5starpool wrote: »
    LFCTS ‏@LFCTS 36s36 seconds ago
    Steven Gerrard is set to return to Anfield to join Liverpool’s Academy coaching staff. [Bascombe]

Welcome home Stevie lad! (if true!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Look out Michael Beale and Neil Critchley

Sounds like the title of a really posh English play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

tumblr_n2j3wpyc8k1shaydvo2_r1_250.gif

No messing about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

murpho999 wrote: »
    Finally the 'Mark Lawrenson' type speculation of coming back to play for Liverpool is over. No doubt the coaching demands will start now.

The sh1tty English tabloids really try to squeeze every inch of a persons soul for tasteless trash headlines. They are relentless.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

No messing about.

Haha, giving Fellaini a taste of his own medicine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,795 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

That is why Gerrard is a perfect candidate to have in the academy. Even if he turns out to be an awful coach (which I don't think he will), he's so calm and level-headed he'll know exactly how to manage people, and because he's a legend in the game, the kids will listen to him.

x43r0 wrote: »
    He sat down with Lineker to discuss the decision

Brilliant interview.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

Love that guy (Gerrard) he created a lot of happy moments in a lot of peoples lives. not many get to say that.
    and he had some shot on him :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,466 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,466 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Happy Birthday to a legend......35 today!

cristiano-ronaldo-594-xabi-alonso-organizing-liverpool-midfield-between-2004-and-2009.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Diouf is Manés hero......strange!.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

NukaCola wrote: »
    Diouf is Manés hero......strange!.....

Maybe Diouf didn't $hite the cot on international duty, although I'd be amazed.

Diouf
    The former Senegal striker, who is the only Reds No 9 in history to go through an entire season without scoring a goal

• Advertisement

Probably covered but I read that Anderson chap that played at Utd having a pop at Gerrard. Is that the guy who got overweight and then disappeared?

The cream of the crop are coming out of the woodwork this weather!

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

Diouf Anderson et al looking for their 5 minutes. Best not give it to them and leave them to their obscurity

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Probably covered but I read that Anderson chap that played at Utd having a pop at Gerrard. Is that the guy who got overweight and then disappeared?

The cream of the crop are coming out of the woodwork this weather!

I'm sure he's ingratiated himself to the millions of fans he ripped off for years by being overweight and a waste of wages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,607 ✭✭✭Damien360

kfallon wrote: »
    Happy Birthday to a legend......35 today!

cristiano-ronaldo-594-xabi-alonso-organizing-liverpool-midfield-between-2004-and-2009.jpg

How did we let him out of our hands so early. Beast of a player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,607 ✭✭✭Damien360

That is why Gerrard is a perfect candidate to have in the academy. Even if he turns out to be an awful coach (which I don't think he will), he's so calm and level-headed he'll know exactly how to manage people, and because he's a legend in the game, the kids will listen to him.

It is a great move for him and for Liverpool. No bad vibes from fans and he learns his trade in the academy. I thought he might prove to be too big a personality anywhere near the first team training. This is the right way to do things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Are we the 3pm game on Sky tomorrow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,197 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Are we the 3pm game on Sky tomorrow?

Leicester v Boro

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,250 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Lucas has decided to leave at the end of the season, always liked him. Always gave his best and comes across as a really nice fella.

Diouf is like one of those reality TV Big Brother air-heads that we're forced to listen to via the media from time to time.
    Nothing upstairs and a mouth three times larger than his brain.
    In any walk of life any human being who spits at another human is a scumbag by anyone's definition.
    And that's before getting started on him as a lazy ****e player.
    It's good that he's so bitter, just shows that he's envious. He had his chance and fecked it up royally.
    Biggest mistake of Houllier's career was signing him instead of keeping Anelka.
    The most dirty horrible f***** to have ever pulled on the reds shirt in our entire history imo.

Looking forward to tomorrow.... Big game. We've come unstuck in the past in these kinda games but I'll be gutted if we don't get the win.
    I kind of liked Moyes' pre-game interview. Journo's did all they could to bait him about his record and Anfield etc but he came across well and was honest enough to say that he'll be parking the bus and would snap yer arm off for a draw.
    Might be an unpopular opinion here but I kind of respect Moyes. He's an honest enough manager who just gets on with it.
    As opposed to the previous Sunderland manager Sam who took a phone call after we beat blackburn from Fergie to make a huge media circus of Rafa's crossed arms that day etc.
    You wouldn't get that sort of crap from Moyes. And if his team successfully parks that bus tomorrow then good luck to him.

But I think we'll have too much for them. Vital that we are at it from the very start though. If they hang in there at 0-0 til half time then it could get tricky.

Reds 2-0 win imo!

Oh and just to finish where I started........ You're lucky you ever got to be on the same field as Gerrard, Diouf!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,197 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Hoping we'll go with Sturridge from the start tomorrow. Sunderland going to park the bus no need for both Wij and Can

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,528 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Lucas has decided to leave at the end of the season, always liked him. Always gave his best and comes across as a really nice fella.

Wha? where is this reported?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

retalivity wrote: »

Just breaking here.

10,0000 computer model runs of the rest of the season - a 79% chance of a top 4 finish!

https://medium.com/@t_loridan/simulating-the-english-premier-league-season-3bdc393662ad#.ltxco9apm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

hopefully will sign off in Summer with another medal.

Does he even have a medal? He was injured for League Cup final in 11/12

retalivity wrote: »

Took a while but the only place I could find where he might have got it from was here (obviously a pish source and total nonsense but it's presumably where it came from) :

http://live4liverpool.com/2016/11/lfc-news/liverpool-star-looking-to-move-on-at-the-end-of-contract/?

• Advertisement

kfallon wrote: »
    Does he even have a medal? He was injured for League Cup final in 11/12

I'd say he does. Sure I have a few myself and I rarely leave the house! :D

Seriously though yeah I think he would have got a medal anyway for that league cup campaign despite missing the final.
    Would expect so anyway, maybe I'm wrong.

I'd say he does. Sure I have a few myself and I rarely leave the house! :D

Seriously though yeah I think he would have got a medal anyway for that league cup campaign despite missing the final.
    Would expect so anyway, maybe I'm wrong.

Of course he got one for that.

ShamoBuc wrote: »

This saddens me. Probably my current favourite LFC player tbh. Very loyal over the years.

Hopefully we have a trophy to send him off with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    This saddens me. Probably my current favourite LFC player tbh. Very loyal over the years.

Hopefully we have a trophy to send him off with.

hope he goes to newly promoted newcastle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Bowlardo wrote: »
    hope he goes to newly promoted newcastle

No,hope all players we sell move abroad, at 30 he would be as well to go abroad somewhere he might be able to prolong his career rather than stay in the premier league and need to move again in a couple of years

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement