Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

He can retire right now but they can still withhold his international clearance to play club football as they named him in the squad.

Matip will probably win any case taken to FIFA over this as he made his stance on International football over a year ago but it could still drag on knowing FIFA.

He could surely make the case to defend himself that if Cameroon want him to play so badly, why was his last appearance at the World Cup in 2014.

You'd also think the coach would call up players that 'want' to play for their country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Arsenal fans are generally known for under reacting so itll be interesting to see their response to this.

'S right, blud!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

See? Arsenal always come back in these games. Always.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

5starpool wrote: »
    See? Arsenal always come back in these games. Always.

Never doubted them tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Bournemouth taking notes from their game against us on how to properly collapse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Glico Man wrote: »
    He could surely make the case to defend himself that if Cameroon want him to play so badly, why was his last appearance at the World Cup in 2014.

You'd also think the coach would call up players that 'want' to play for their country.

It's not just Cameroon doing this I wouldn't be surprised if this a decision made by all the countries to call up their players to make a statement that the AFCON's isn't a third world competition and deserves respect like any other continental cup.

Matip more than any other player stands the best chance of not being blocked from playing club football because he stated over a year ago he wouldn't play for the current management team and has refused previous call ups.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

If Bournemouth throw this away, it'll be the second most embarrassing capitulation at Dean Court this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Great effort shown by Arsenal but a draw is still a great result for us, Arsenal stay 3 point away from us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Spurs will be throwing everything at Chelsea to go ahead of Arsenal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

You had one job 5starpool.

Grayditch wrote: »
    Spurs will be throwing everything at Chelsea to go ahead of Arsenal.

Hopefully a few punches and late tackles as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Well the good news is that Liverpool shall be 2nd in the league for a little while longer.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    You had one job 5starpool.

I was just stating a fact. I'm surprised they didn't win though.

Well the good news is that Liverpool shall be 2nd in the league for a little while longer.

They couldn't overtake us anyhow tonight. They can beat Swansea by a few though to overtake us on Saturday week, or else Spurs win tomorrow and that Saturday too to overtake us on points before we play Utd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

5starpool wrote: »
    I was just stating a fact. I'm surprised they didn't win though.

rafas-rant-context-image.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Seen it mentioned on the fantasy football forum that this is the schedule for league games next Christmas. Makes this year look like a leisurely walk in the park by comparison. Might need a stronger squad.

Dec 16
    Dec 20
    Dec 23
    Dec 26
    Dec 30
    Jan 1

Seen it mentioned on the fantasy football forum that this is the schedule for league games next Christmas. Makes this year look like a leisurely walk in the park by comparison. Might need a stronger squad.

Dec 16
    Dec 20
    Dec 23
    Dec 26
    Dec 30
    Jan 1

Obviously all those dates would be problems, but the main issue (other than having a 48 hour turnaround in general) is when teams have different recovery lengths. If the last games above were moved to Jan 2nd, then it would be manageable on paper, but some teams will have games moved for TV which makes their turnaround less than others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Should play the 38 games over a 38 day period.
    Fit more seasons into a year
    Better chance to win league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

A game on 26/12 and another on 27/12 used to be a thing back in the 80s, now that was a proper schedule. Home to MUFC and away to Sheff Wednesday 20 hours later.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1986%E2%80%9387_Liverpool_F.C._season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Toby: madness in a world gone consistent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

"Our month and a bit".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Already looking forward to Arsenal's day 28 meltdown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

NukaCola wrote: »
    Spouting nonsense and a roll eyes........why would I bother even replying?......

I took 5 games as that is the busiest schedule for our squad of the year, not sure what Harrys post was tbh. 14 points from 7 games is 2 ppg, if every team that loses key players can handle that then I think they'd be happy enough. :rolleyes::rolleyes: I wouldn't attribute dropping points directly to Coutinho absence anyway, are we a one man team all of a sudden?

Obviously if we lose more key players we will be in trouble, but as I said I'll stay optimistic. Over 20 games we are doing extremely well and I think the squad in that period has handle injurys well.

Well everyone is going on about the loss of Coutinho and Matip like we are in the middle of an injury crisis. Granted they are probably our two most important players in there positions but the fact remains that we have a distinctly average injury list right now, maybe even one of the lighter ones in the premier league at the moment and the squad is at it's limit. What would happen if we had even two more injuries during that period? We would have had to start the kids in crucial games is what. I'm not gonna say we have been lucky with injuries thus far but we certainly haven't been the most unlucky team in the league or even close. All of this tells me we need more players. The 2ppg average whilst Coutinho has been out is a testament to the strength and character of our starting 11 and first 2 or 3 subs, not the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Augeo wrote: »
    As mentioned, that's 2ppg without coutinho & with firmino being not at his best and over the congested Christmas period.

We might well be over the worst :)

It takes a lot to fall right to win a PL but we are in with a shout.

Don't get me wrong, I agree that they have done very well under the circumstances but just imagine the circumstances allowed us to rotate a tired and out of form Firmino for another player of similar (or close) experience, quality and attitude against Sunderland? And other games like Bournemouth etc. I'm not saying we need 3 or 4 new players but 1 or 2 would be nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Of course this means an African Cup of Nations every Thursday before lunch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

To be fair to us, everyone bar Chelsea are having the expected odd bogey result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Don't worry, Chelsea will crumble when Moses Feck s of to the ACON.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Next month will be your month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Don't worry, Chelsea will crumble when Moses Feck s of to the ACON.

Nigeria didn't qualify! :p

not sure if it was a joke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

23 years ago today.....

3210028100000578-3485489-image-a-77_1457610362197.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,673 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

kfallon wrote: »
    23 years ago today.....

3210028100000578-3485489-image-a-77_1457610362197.jpg

****, I'm old :(

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

****, I'm old :(

Was in the pub as a 15 year old for that on the soft drinks, one of my fav games ever tho!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

A game on 26/12 and another on 27/12 used to be a thing back in the 80s, now that was a proper schedule. Home to MUFC and away to Sheff Wednesday 20 hours later.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1986%E2%80%9387_Liverpool_F.C._season

Ha. Arsenal 4th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

All Liverpool games on TV now until Feb 4th depending on FA Cup 4th Round, what we don't need is a cup replay

All Liverpool games on TV now until Feb 4th depending on FA Cup 4th Round, what we don't need is a cup replay

We could do without it alright, but presumably there will be loads of changes for the cup, and a similar team in any replay, so reduces the impact it would have if it turns out to be the case.

If we're behind with 10 minutes left, I will gladly take a cup replay.

Allan is called up by Brazil for the U20 championship. I wonder if we will ever see him in Liverpool, never mind play for us.

https://twitter.com/Cynegeticus/status/816411877739728896

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Can someone give me the name of the website that analysed the tactics in the city game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Can someone give me the name of the website that analysed the tactics in the city game

City Match:

http://hightimes.com

Sunderland match:

http://goo.gl/UOFVuI

• Advertisement

http://spielverlagerung.com/2017/01/02/klopps-compact-4-3-3-thwarts-guardiolas-game-plan/

Sean Dyche considering releasing Flanagan from his season long loan and sending him back to Liverpool.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Sean Dyche considering releasing Flanagan from his season long loan and sending him back to Liverpool.
    To be honest, he hasn't looked great for them....but I'm sure he's still not match fit yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    To be honest, he hasn't looked great for them....but I'm sure he's still not match fit yet.

I didn't even realise he had played for them.

Those injuries hit him at the worst possible time in terms of player development and it really seems as though he won't come back to play the top level, at least not consistently.

We all know that if he came back he would put in 100% every time he was asked to fill in for Clyne or Milner, but would he really be good enough?

As an aside, I just realised Andre Wisdom is still a Liverpool player... His Wikipedia page says he's played 4 times for RB Salzburg, though it may just not be being updated. Another who, surely, won't become a top level player at this stage.

No surprise about Flanagan. Limited player who looked ok every now and again in a team other teams were afraid to attack. Can't float along on the 'local lad' card for Burnley.

Wonder if Carragher will have a go at Dyche over it?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I didn't even realise he had played for them.

Those injuries hit him at the worst possible time in terms of player development and it really seems as though he won't come back to play the top level, at least not consistently.

We all know that if he came back he would put in 100% every time he was asked to fill in for Clyne or Milner, but would he really be good enough?

As an aside, I just realised Andre Wisdom is still a Liverpool player... His Wikipedia page says he's played 4 times for RB Salzburg, though it may just not be being updated. Another who, surely, won't become a top level player at this stage.

He's only recently getting a look in because the regular full back is injured or have moved in to centre half as cover.

I think Wisdom picked up an injury after a few games which has limited his appearances.

• Advertisement

Turtyturd wrote: »
    No surprise about Flanagan. Limited player who looked ok every now and again in a team other teams were afraid to attack. Can't float along on the 'local lad' card for Burnley.

Wonder if Carragher will have a go at Dyche over it?
    You still annoyed after the Arsenal picked up a point last night?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

He was a limited player, who managed to put in a fantastic season. Maybe he would of kicked on if he wasn't injured for nearly 2 years, terrible luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I still find joy in them doing the most Arsenal thing ever when Giroud got the equalizer. Celebrated in hilariously cringey fashion for 20 seconds, instead of picking the ball up, running it back to the half way line, and attacking a 10 man Bournemouth team that was clearly rattled.

Sanchez was absolutely furious at Giroud and the rest :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Maybe Suarez could somehow get him a move to Barca. They need a RB. Like how he got Coates a move to us ;)

He should try get a move to them. Go from a small portion of the fan base thinking he was infinitely better than he was to an entire fan base thinking it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement