Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Quiet day then?

Allan is in the Brazil squad to play in South American U20 tournament

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Quiet day then?

Everyone is having a boring day to celebrate Milner's 31st birthday today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Everyone is having a boring day to celebrate Milner's 31st birthday today.

Speak for yourself. I've just carbon-dated the limescale from my kettle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭MentalMario

Annna Geary brings a smile to my face every day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

I can see why :D

Cheering for spurs tonight, really anything but a chelsea win
    A lengthy suspension for Costa would be a nice bonus.

Bollocks to that. This news, however, has definitely cheered me up.
    https://twitter.com/JohnBennettBBC/status/816732675075493888

Good news for #LFC & #WBA. Joel Matip & Allan Nyom NOT named in the 23 man Cameroon squad. Club v country row defused. #AFCON2017

for those who are using a skin without twitter quotes - legacy skin rules!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Excellent news, now we just need Matip fit again :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Panto time ,look behind you !!!

Dele Alli. *Sighs*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Surely we all must be wanting a Spurs win?
    If we can keep the gap at 5 points (or even better) before Chelsea arrive to Anfield in a few games, it's game on.
    Don't care about top four getting more condensed, it's rare you get in a position after 20 games to make a title challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

What a monumental fcuk up Sunderland and Bournemouth will turn out to be should this stay 2-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

What a monumental fcuk up Sunderland and Bournemouth will turn out to be should this stay 2-0

Itd be monumentally more ****ed up if Chelsea were winning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Makes it more interesting. Could be the start of a lul for Chelsea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭hadepsx

Ssshhhh. 2017. The year of the comebacks.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Every team can do this to some extent though, no point doing it really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Rather be in with a decent chance of winning the league that be worrying about teams catching us for CL spots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Our year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

It annoys me having to perform triage on meltdown fans after results like Bournemouth and Sunderland.

All the top teams will drop silly points during the year, its inevitable.

Man City lost to Leicester, Arsenal collapsed from winning positions vs Everton and Man City, Man Utd lost to Watford and blew a few leads, Spurs too. Its how the team reacts after disappointing results that will define a season - it'll be really interesting to see what happens to Chelsea now Spurs have knocked them over.

That's the internet fan for you.

It's all about meltdowns and who gets the "Thanks".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

this post immediately reminds me of this - https://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2017/01/liverpool-dont-look-back-in-anger-the-problem-with-getting-upset-over-dropped-points/

worth a read

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 307 ✭✭kildare75

Great result tonight. A lot of twists and turns ahead yet. But it feels good to be part of the mix I must admit.
    Keep the faith ynwa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Point gained on Chelsea. Lovely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Point gained on Chelsea. Grand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Invincible Chelsea.

Invincible 3 at the back.

Lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Invisible Chelsea.

Invisible 3 at the back.

Lol.

FYP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Under Klopp we have lost one game in 13 vs the Top 6 when De Gea had an unbelievable game.
    No reason we shouldn't be confident of beating Chelsea,Arsenal & Spurs at home. Draws away to Man Utd & City would be good results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Spurs closing in on us but we're also closer to Chelsea. Better to look up than down, keep winning and we're all good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Going to be some bunfight between the top 6. Think Chelsea will still be dragged back into the pack eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

MD1990 wrote: »
    Under Klopp we have lost one game in 13 vs the Top 6 when De Gea had an unbelievable game.
    No reason we shouldn't be confident of beating Chelsea,Arsenal & Spurs at home. Draws away to Man Utd & City would be good results.

I actually have no worries at all against the top 6. If the table was based n top 6 teams playing each other we'd be top.

I just worry about us mentally against inferior teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

We're getting into the business end of the season now and it is very finely poised.

1. Chelsea________49
    2. Liverpool_______44
    3. Tottenham_____42
    4. Man. City_______42
    5. Arsenal_________41
    6. Man United_____39
    7. Everton_________30

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

any win at all against united it's an absolutely huge game, that top 6 is ridiculously tight we can't afford any droppes points. I'm fully confident we can beat chelsea at anfield.

The point v Sunderland not looking the worst now.

The next month should be interesting. Loads of big games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

rob316 wrote: »
    any win at all against united it's an absolutely huge game, that top 6 is ridiculously tight we can't afford any droppes points. I'm fully confident we can beat chelsea at anfield.

Win would be great but I think even a draw at OT would be perfectly acceptable. Fancy Leicester might take something from Chelsea the same weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Was watching that game with two Utd fans. Went from Utd will finish second to Utd will win the league within 90 mins.
    Chelsea are useless as well after that game. Liverpool be lucky to finis 5th.

LFC need to keep ticking along,picking up the points and hope the wheels fully fall off the Chelsea bandwagon. At least it's making this season more interesting, not just because LFC are right up there but that it's not just one or two teams running away with it. Stating the obvious but not alot of points between the top 6 is entertaining.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Was watching that game with two Utd fans. Went from Utd will finish second to Utd will win the league within 90 mins.

And they say Liverpool fans are delusional.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Win would be great but I think even a draw at OT would be perfectly acceptable. Fancy Leicester might take something from Chelsea the same weekend.

Leicester missing 3 regulars for the ACON, it'll be even more difficult for them I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,393 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

All we can do is win our games.

I don't see Jose going as defensive next week at OT as at Anfield so we will probably have a better chance of winning that one than the first game.

It'll be interesting to see how the United back four and midfield cope with our pressing game. Will Jose opt to bypass our press and go long to Ibra and win the knockdown?

Klopp must go to the market - no point in not spending for the sake of it.

The U23s were playing Bangor Town tonight in the last of their friendlies before the League gets back running

It was a rout in the end 6-0 with a goal from Toni Gomes, a Harry Wilson brace and a Jack Dunn hat-trick. Ojo went off at HT, hopefully he'll be in the FA Cup squad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

hadepsx wrote: »
    And they say Liverpool fans are delusional.
    emmetkenny wrote: »
    All we can do is win our games.

I don't see Jose going as defensive next week at OT as at Anfield so we will probably have a better chance of winning that one than the first game.

It'll be interesting to see how the United back four and midfield cope with our pressing game. Will Jose opt to bypass our press and go long to Ibra and win the knockdown?

I know Utd have had an easy enough run of fixtures (played West Ham twice in last ten) but I can see them beaten us.
    Hopefully Countihno plays a few games between now and then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Can Klopp go and be anti football like Jose did

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

I know Utd have had an easy enough run of fixtures (played West Ham twice in last ten) but I can see them beaten us.
    Hopefully Countihno plays a few games between now and then.

With Mane's pace gone for the month, definitely need Phil's trickery. Ideally, Countinho/Firmino/Origi front three to press Utd's back-line, try and curb them going long over the midfield and bypass the press that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I think United come back down to earth with a bing against us
    They played easy games recenlty

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

We don't need to, we've gone to Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs and played well without bus parking, it suits us for a team to open up and try play football against us, doesn't mean we'll beat utd but we won't be playing 6 at the back that's fo sho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

We don't need to, we've gone to Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs and played well without bus parking, it suits us for a team to open up and try play football against us, doesn't mean we'll beat utd but we won't be playing 6 at the back that's fo sho.

A repeat of last Paddy's day will be great

Klopp will play his game.

Jose can't afford to go anti football at home against Liverpool with Alex and Bobby in the stand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

A game under the lights at Old Trafford will be a nice stage for our football
    This game needs no motivation, pressure is on them at home
    We can score

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement