Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

RobertKK wrote: »
    Over the last 6 games which is where most have for form stats United have gained the following points on the other top 6:
    Arsenal 8
    City 6
    Liverpool 4
    Spurs 3
    Chelsea 3

Who knows what the future brings, but United have recently being outperforming their rivals

I dont disagree that they have the quality etc Over the last 6 games they have been in their best form. They'll have to continue that while also beating tougher opponents and Europe will also be back on soon. Its a big ask, not impossible of course. If they do win it from this position they'll have definitely earned it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

After the utd game we have 10 home games and 7 away left. Even if we lose I wouldn't be getting too worried. We will still be in a great position that last minute winner at goodison was vital.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Liverpool agree to sell Ilori to Reading for £3.75m.

Making a small profit on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Ilori off to reading for just shy of 4million pounds. I'll never forget Liverpool chased him for ages before signing him and there was big hype, alas no substance. All the best to the lad, his first game could be United in the cup.!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Best of luck to Ilori, hope he does well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Utd should be favourites against us. They have one of the most expensive squads ever assembled and Jose has finally figured how to use the most expensive player in the world.

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Utd should be favourites against us. They have one of the most expensive squads ever assembled and Jose has finally figured how to use the most expensive player in the world.

Plus its at OT, they should be favourites. An excellent opportunity to see if we are indeed title challengers or not. Absolute must not lose though even for top 4 purposes....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

RobertKK wrote: »
    It is all about belief and knowing what is possible and not possible.
    United are currently the top team form wise.
    The confidence has to be high, the turn around in the Middlesbrough game only enhanced it.
    All any team can do is win their next PL game, Liverpool will want to get back to winning ways and United will want to keep their winning streak going.
    Look Chelsea are vulnerable at the back, and have started to concede goals unlike earlier in the season.
    Some people were near prepared to hand them the trophy.
    We will see in a month's time where everyone stands.

Those are the same people who were prepared to hand the trophy to United when they were top after 3 games. Also the same people who were ready to hand it to city until they played Celtic and lost the plot, you take it all with a pinch of salt

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

NukaCola wrote: »
    Plus its at OT, they should be favourites. An excellent opportunity to see if we are indeed title challengers or not. Absolute must not lose though even for top 4 purposes....

Woooooooaaah, stall it there horse!

A loss won't be the end of the world, we have a favourable run in and plenty of home games to come after the Utd match, we also have a slight buffer at the minute to absorb a loss or two. You're getting a bit carried away with the must not lose talk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

redzerdrog wrote: »

Play him on Thursday night?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Thought he cost 7m?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Small profit? I doubt it. We paid about 7m for him I think (or was that € not £) and had to pay him for at least the time he wasn't on loan.

Knex. wrote: »
    Thought he cost 7m?

£3.5m and then with add-ons up to £7m somehow I don't see those add-ons being paid.

Woooooooaaah, stall it there horse!

A loss won't be the end of the world, we have a favourable run in and plenty of home games to come after the Utd match, we also have a slight buffer at the minute to absorb a loss or two. You're getting a bit carried away with the must not lose talk.

Yea a loss wouldn't be the end of the world but it would be a blow no matter how you look at it. Not stopping United's momentum in any way would hurt too.

Yea a loss wouldn't be the end of the world but it would be a blow no matter how you look at it. Not stopping United's momentum in any way would hurt too.

Of course it'd be a blow, it always blows to lose to them, it might finish our league winning aspirations (not for me) but I think your comment about the top 4 chances was a bit ott.

• Advertisement

Of course it'd be a blow, it always blows to lose to them, it might finish our league winning aspirations (not for me) but I think your comment about the top 4 chances was a bit ott.

What did I say that was OTT? I would think it would be viewed as a must not lose game by everyone at the club? I'm not saying a defeat ends our season or anything crazy. Just its very important to get a result for both top 4 and a title challenge. I think maybe my point wasn't clear. Sure we can recover but getting some result is important.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

United bar a 1 nil win at home against Spurs have beaten 5 teams they should be expected to beat. They are in good form no doubt about it but Liverpool will be a big test for them at least offensively.

I never expect to win at OT, but I expect a good performance and that we run them close. We can absolutely win there though, I wouldn't hold any fear about this United side.

What did I say that was OTT? I would think it would be viewed as a must not lose game by everyone at the club? I'm not saying a defeat ends our season or anything crazy. Just its very important to get a result for both top 4 and a title challenge. I think maybe my point wasn't clear. Sure we can recover but getting some result is important.

I already bolded the bit I thought was ott...Absolute must not lose even for top 4 purposes

That's getting a bit carried away, we will still be well in the race for top 4 even if we lose, so this absolute must not lose talk is going ott imho. Not sure where all the confusion is coming from, I simply disagree with that small part of your post.

I already bolded the bit I thought was ott...Absolute must not lose even for top 4 purposes

That's getting a bit carried away, we will still be well in the race for top 4 even if we lose, so this absolute must not lose talk is going ott imho. Not sure where all the confusion is coming from, I simply disagree with that small part of your post.

Well, i dont think I said we'd be out of the top 4 race if we did lose. As I said, my point probably wasn't clear. Its just a phrase I used instead of its very important to get a result there. Nothing ott about that IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭6am7f9zxrsjvnb

United don't have the best 11 in the league,but they definitely have the best squad.Liverpool have nowhere near the same depth but crucially don't have to worry about Europa league...Arsenal will be dumped out in early March, but Spurs and United could potentially have 9 extra games in Europe.That could prove too much for at least one of those two.
    Liverpool should benefit from this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Augeo wrote: »
    For anyone wondering it's the post match questions regarding Mane and the hand ball.

99% of journalists deserve the contempt they receive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

I'm confused. Do you think a loss at Old Trafford will end our league aspirations or not? :confused:

mosstin wrote: »
    99% of journalists deserve the contempt they receive.

Was just commenting in case anyone though it was an interview from today or yesterday. I dug out the headphones etc at work for a listen and was like "right, days old interview snippet"
    I said nothing about contempt or journalists so not overly sure wtf you're blabbing on about.

Was just commenting in case anyone though it was an interview from today or yesterday. I dug out the headphones etc at work for a listen and was like "right, days old interview snippet"
    I said nothing about contempt or journalists so not overly sure wtf you're blabbing on about.

Jesus, you're an uncommonly fractious individual. I was commenting that journalists deserve the contempt they get in response to your link. I was making no analysis of your perceived or imagined response to it.
    This is how discussion forums work - you posted a link and I gave MY response to it.
    Other than that, Happy New Year*

*That last line was my opinion also and in no way reflects anything you posted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

brevity wrote: »

That sounded like John Murray from BBC 5 live doing the questions. I would have though he wouldn't play the dumb journo type, but he knows how to p1ss off Klopp for sure :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Jose Fonte has handed in a transfer request, we'd be mad not to at least try for him.

mosstin wrote: »
    .................... you posted a link and I gave MY response to it....................

No, I quoted a post with a link in it.

No, I quoted a post with a link in it.

Semantics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Jose Fonte has handed in a transfer request, we'd be mad not to at least try for him.

United is his likely destination, i presume wages etc are already agreed

sword1 wrote: »
    United is his likely destination, i presume wages etc are already agreed

Hopefully they sell him before the first leg of the semi final against us, he then makes his utd debut against us and is so nervous he has a Vidic of a game against us, and Southampton still can't get used to playing without him and in the second leg vs us concede 6.

That'll do pig, that'll do.

• Advertisement

He's 33 though. I genuinely don't see the point.

No guarantee he'll settle into our side, style of play, and the pressure that comes with a title challenge any better than Matip, Lovren of Klavan either, tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Makes no sense to sign Fonte. I know we have bought our fair share of Southampton players but even at that he doesn't fit the mould.

We won't be signing a CB and we also have Gomez returning.

If we are going to sign anyone it will an attacker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Jose-Fonte-and-Dejan-Lovren-exchange-comments-on-instagram.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

We won't be signing a CB and we also have Gomez returning.

If we are going to sign anyone it will an attacker.

The faith posters have I'm Gomez to return as a viable option really surprises me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Big fat no to Fonte for me. We have three good centre halves (yes, Lovren is good), only Van Dijk is worth signing from their defence. Also, a 33 year old Premier League proven centre back who just won the Euros doesn't exactly scream "moneyball". He'd still cost more than he's worth.

Jose-Fonte-and-Dejan-Lovren-exchange-comments-on-instagram.jpg

People these days, see one thing on social media and they're spouting outlandish speculation.

They're probably just riding.

noodler wrote: »
    The faith posters have I'm Gomez to return as a viable option really surprises me.

Where in my post did I say he was a viable option?

We already have Matip, Lovren, Ragnar and Lucas there with Gomez returning that gives us a lot of CB's no need to buy another one.

We need an attacker to cover for Mane that's where we are short.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

People these days, see one thing on social media and they're spouting outlandish speculation.

His wife?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I'd have Fonte in a blink - 4 decent CBs one of them 33 and another 31 and so not likely to get in the way of Gomez career growth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

That's what I thought too Knex. Gay sex. It's definitely gay sex.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Not the ELC semi first leg. Defo durty sexxx.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

The best kind

mansize wrote: »
    The best kind

Definitely not the breast kind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

martyos121 wrote: »
    Definitely not the breast kind.

It is if you're fat enough.

• Advertisement

corwill wrote: »
    It is if you're fat enough.

I'm not fat, I'm just big-boned.

Yes, that was a double entendre. :-)

PSG linked to bringing Sakho back to Paris today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Do you guys expect Klopp will rest his first team players for the upcoming cup games or will he be willing to risk players going into some crucial league games to keep maximum potential silverware to play for?

Korat wrote: »
    Do you guys expect Klopp will rest his first team players for the upcoming cup games or will he be willing to risk players going into some crucial league games to keep maximum potential silverware to play for?

On Sunday he'll play a lot of backup players I'd say, against Southampton I expect it to be near full strength.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Korat wrote: »

Will rest almost everyone for the FA Cup I'd say. Will put out a strong side for the Southampton semi I imagine. At least United are playing that midweek as well.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement