Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

How's Coutinho looking for the United game does anyone know? Any chance he makes it back in time? It'd be great if he did because we could start Origi against Plymouth and Sturridge against Southampton and give Bobby a much needed rest, then play him through the middle against United if Phil is back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Fonte is a good player.
    But I don't see him joining us. He will most likely join whoever offers him a good pay rise & a decent length of contract for someone his age. Would be surprised if that club was us.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

mormank wrote: »
    I'm confused. Do you think a loss at Old Trafford will end our league aspirations or not? :confused:

Sorry only seeing this now, no, personally I don't think it would end our hopes but I can see why people would think it would finish us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Korat wrote: »
    Do you guys expect Klopp will rest his first team players for the upcoming cup games or will he be willing to risk players going into some crucial league games to keep maximum potential silverware to play for?

Mig
    TAA-Gomez-Klavan-Moreno
    Stewart
    Can---Ejaria
    -Ojo----Origi---Woodburn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Woodburn? I hope you're right. Great potential that kid. Would love to see him start.

Can see him coming on as a sub personally but hope I'm wrong and he starts.

Mig
    TAA-Gomez-Klavan-Moreno
    Stewart
    Can---Ejaria
    -Ojo----Origi---Woodburn

Karius, surely?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Karius, surely?

I'd be amazed if he didn't play on Sunday.

5starpool wrote: »
    I'd be amazed if he didn't play on Sunday.

You're easily amazed, I'd love to see your reaction if I pulled a coin from behind your ear!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

You're easily amazed, I'd love to see your reaction if I pulled a coin from behind your ear!

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭chicorytip

who do you think will win it.
    Id like to see Arsenal do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

chicorytip wrote: »
    Id like to see Arsenal do it.

Gary Lineker said that the miracle achieved by Leicester last season would never be replicated.

I'm inclined to believe him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Find it very weird that Fonte handed in a xfer request with no club making an official bid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

He knows they'll be offers or maybe there has already been some tapping up - if so that's probably Koeman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭chicorytip

martyos121 wrote: »
    Gary Lineker said that the miracle achieved by Leicester last season would never be replicated.

I'm inclined to believe him.

I think most neutrals would agree, though, that Manchester United have by far the most talented and best balanced squad of the leading contenders.

I think most neutrals would agree, though, that Manchester United have by far the most talented and best balanced squad of the leading contenders.

Well good for them. You won't find many neutrals here though.

The most expensive and best paid squad should be the best though in general. Still 6th at the minute though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭slingerz

He knows they'll be offers or maybe there has already been some tapping up - if so that's probably Koeman

When I heard about Fonte I immediately thought of Everton

Be weird for Liverpool not to sign a Soton player tho!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

slingerz wrote: »
    When I heard about Fonte I immediately thought of Everton

Be weird for Liverpool not to sign a Soton player tho!

Well we didn't sign Shaw or Schneiderlin; so who's transfer policy is better?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

PSG linked to bringing Sakho back to Paris today.

I'm a bit surprised sakho is not out the door already, his career here is over he and his agent should have been working on a move for quite some time now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

It that is true then the logical corollary is they must also have the worst manager if they are only in 6th.

• Advertisement

Milkers wrote: »
    It that is true then the logical corollary is they must also have the worst manager if they are only in 6th.

That's gonna trigger people in another thread so hard....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

We have to take length of time managing the team as a factor , so we can only say with 100% certainty that he is a worse manager than Conte.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

The next fortnight on here...

giphy.gif

Looks like no gametime for Matip or Coutinho this weekend, shame as id like them to get a warm up before UTD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Vicxas wrote: »
    Find it very weird that Fonte handed in a xfer request with no club making an official bid.

Apparently some of the players have had a big falling out with Puel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Looks like no gametime for Matip or Coutinho this weekend, shame as id like them to get a warm up before UTD

They could get a run out against Southampton on Wednesday.

• Advertisement

GBX wrote: »
    They could get a run out against Southampton on Wednesday.

Looking likely we might have a full squad except for Mane and Ings for S'ton game, touch wood etc etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Augeo wrote: »
    Looking likely we might have a full squad except for Mane and Ings for S'ton game, touch wood etc etc etc.

Has anything been said about Henderson.

Reports surfacing that Southampton want Sakho,

Thats a change for the books:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Oh god
    we are gonna buy him back in a year for 50M aren't we !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Wonder who has to pay.

• Advertisement

Looks like Karius and Gomez will definitely play on Sunday anyhow. I'd assume there will be starts for at least some of the below as well:

Stewart
    Ojo
    Ejaria
    Woodburn
    Lucas
    Moreno
    Alexander-Arnold

Given that Sakho won't play, Ilori is leaving, I assume that means that at least one of Klavan/Lovren will start as well. I'd expect either Can or Wijnaldum to start too. If I had to predict a starting XI, I'd go for:

Karius
    Moreno
    Gomez
    Klavan
    Alexander-Arnold
    Lucas
    Can
    Stewart
    Ejaria
    Origi
    Woodburn

Mignolet/Clyne/Ojo/Wijnaldum/Firmino/Lovren/Lallana on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Stolen from you laugh you lose
    The perfect storm of off topicness.
    kitten_k wrote: »
    15873405_1390403187651194_7127455094277240679_n.jpg?oh=481156bcdb95b1fcfc00741c07fcd8de&oe=58E4E7A6

Pandas and breakfast

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Knex. wrote: »
    Wonder who has to pay.

Well I think this is part of the loyalty card system they gave us, we buy plenty of their players at high rates and they will give us a mars bar and a pack of tayto when they want a player of ours haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Mane came third in the African player of the year awards last night.

Mahrez won it and Aubameyang was second.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

After 20 PL games in charge of Liverpool (GW 27 in the league) Klopp had driven Liverpool to the dizzying heights of 9th in the league.

Your logical corollary seems to change depending on Liverpools league position.

https://www.premierleague.com/tables?co=1&se=42&mw=1-27&ha=-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Jayop wrote: »
    After 20 PL games in charge of Liverpool (GW 27 in the league) Klopp had driven Liverpool to the dizzying heights of 9th in the league.

No preseason. No signings. Not comparable IMO.

We didn't want to do well anyway.

NukaCola wrote: »
    No preseason. No signings. Not comparable IMO.

Oh of course not. Like I said, the logical corollary will always be designed to suit the stupid narrative. By then he had a January window and looking at the team now he's been pretty much relying on all the players that Rodgers bought anyway.

Oh of course not. Like I said, the logical corollary will always be designed to suit the stupid narrative. By then he had a January window and looking at the team now he's been pretty much relying on all the players that Rodgers bought anyway.

Mané, Wijnaldum and Matip have all been key players and all came in the summer, he has improved the players he has definitely but the preseason has helped a lot too as has last season getting to know the squad etc.

Has anything been said about Henderson.

Actually, I don't know was Klopp asked about him in that conference tbh. Don't think he was.

• Advertisement

NukaCola wrote: »
    Mané, Wijnaldum and Matip have all been key players and all came in the summer, he has improved the players he has definitely but the preseason has helped a lot too as has last season getting to know the squad etc.

I'm not denying that. My entire point in posting in this thread is that a manager having time with the players is at an advantage, and a manager who struggled to get the team playing his way and picking up points isn't "worst manager if they are only in 6th" as was stated by Milkers. Your manager struggled to pick up points in the league last year as is evidenced by Liverpool being in 9th after his 20th game. Jose struggled to get the team picking up points and turning draws into wins in his first 14 games too. That Klopp has had that time and now has you playing well is a credit to him. Surely Mourinho deserves something of the same credit if people were big enough and secure enough to be honest about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

All the teams around us have a game more played on that table

sword1 wrote: »
    All the teams around us have a game more played on that table
    I didn't notice that.

You won the next game and so would have moved up to 7th, 15 points off the league leaders and 6 points off 4th place.

My points stands.

I'm not denying that. My entire point in posting in this thread is that a manager having time with the players is at an advantage

I know, i was just adding on to your point really.

TBH, i think a lot of the Mourinho stuff posted in this thread is mainly tongue in cheek stuff, kind of enjoying him not being instantly successful while we can.

I dont think much regular posters in this thread honestly believe Mourinho wouldn't turn things around. I could obviously be wrong but thats the case from my experience anyway.

I didn't notice that.

You won the next game and so would have moved up to 7th, 15 points off the league leaders and 6 points off 4th place.

My points stands.

Look at the difference in budgets ,of course it takes time but it is not as if mourinho was new to the premier league and did not know well in advance he would be taking over united so he could plan.The fact is that his ego and antics on the sideline were holding the team back

Look at the difference in budgets ,of course it takes time but it is not as if mourinho was new to the premier league and did not know well in advance he would be taking over united so he could plan.The fact is that his ego and antics on the sideline were holding the team back

What a load of rubbish.

The team not having a backbone and being unable to hold onto a lead late in games was what cost us, not Jose's ego. If that's the level of debate to be had in here then I'll be making my way out again.

ta-ra

What a load of rubbish.

The team not having a backbone and being unable to hold onto a lead late in games was what cost us, not Jose's ego. If that's the level of debate to be had in here then I'll be making my way out again.

ta-ra

Good luck, hope you find some like minded people to discuss with

Good luck, hope you find some like minded people to discuss with

Don't need like minded people, just prefer talk to people who don't resort to nonsense cliches like yours or hyperbole like that which prompted me to reply here in the first place.

Don't need like minded people, just prefer talk to people who don't resort to nonsense cliches like yours or hyperbole like that which prompted me to reply here in the first place.

Thought you were gone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

I'd like to see Firmino not in the squad until the United game. He's off and seems tired.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement