Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Michael Oliver is the best ref in the league for my money - he won't get fooled into reffing the occasion rather than the match and is young enough to keep up!

He doesn't need any of those tablets Pele advertises so! Lucky git! I remember those days myself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

FA Cup 4th round draw

Liverpool/Plymouth v Wolves!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,272 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

FA Cup 4th round draw

Liverpool/Plymouth v Wolves!

Gotta be happy with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Kids in the replay and kids in the 4th round if they win against Plymouth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Michael Owen clearly on a few happy pills before the draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Sounds like Hendo will be a doubt for the United game. Not due to start training again until Thursday.

Fuk that. We really need him to start against United. He gets mad psyched and we need his battle.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Fuk that. We really need him to start against United. He gets mad psyched and we need his battle.

That really worked for Gerrard

gERRARD%20HEAT%20MAP_1.png

We won the FIFA best fan award jointly with Dortmund for the rendition of 'You'll Never Walk Alone' before the game at Anfield last season.
    The fan award went to supporters of Liverpool and German club Borussia Dortmund, who together sang a moving rendition of 'You'll Never Walk Alone' - an anthem adopted by both teams - before their Europa League quarter-final in April. The match came the day before the 27th anniversary of the Hillsborough disaster, in which 96 Liverpool fans died.

Liverpool went on to produce a stirring display, coming from behind to win the match 4-3 and advance to the semi-finals 5-4 on aggregate.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38561266?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_sport&ns_source=facebook&ns_linkname=sport

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭GBX

The u23s due to play Leicester tonight. Any word from it?

We won the FIFA best fan award jointly with Dortmund for the rendition of 'You'll Never Walk Alone' before the game at Anfield last season.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38561266?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_sport&ns_source=facebook&ns_linkname=sport

Fair play. ****e match though.

Actually the Dortmund manager's interview after that game deserved a feckin award too. He was pure class.
    Most managers would have spouted on about the ref or the added time or was Sturridge offside or some crap like that but he was dignity personified.
    A real lesson for other managers about how to behave after you lose a big game.

• Advertisement

Fair play. ****e match though.

Sarcasm?

That was one of the great Anfield European nights coming from behind to beat BVB from 2-4 down with 33 minutes to go to win 5-4 with a 91st minute winner.

Sarcasm?

That was one of the great Anfield European nights coming from behind to beat BVB from 2-4 down with 33 minutes to go to win 5-4 with a 91st minute winner.

Ha, yeah that was sarcasm (multiplied by infinity). Sorry, I shudda stuck a smiley on.
    Sure the missus was saying the neighbours would be around with all my screaming. And we're detached! (the houses, not me and the missus)

Very serious about the Dortmund manager though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Second best? :mad: It's an outrage. Danny Rose better not be No 1! :D

No point in even clicking into the article, Luke Shaw must be number 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

8-10 wrote: »

Tie between him and Darmain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

On the day that Jordan Ibe labelled a disappointment by his Manager Eddie Howe :eek:

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2017/0109/843552-jordan-ibe/

(to be honest I think that the article has twisted Howe's words in all fairness)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

On the day that Jordan Ibe labelled a disappointment by his Manager Eddie Howe :eek:

(to be honest I think that the article has twisted Howe's words in all fairness)

Every outlet I saw today went with the "Howe labels Ibe a disappointment" headline, or something like that. Deeply dishonest. Howe didn't say that at all.

He could have, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

"He hasn't been a regular in the team and that will be a disappointment for him and for us," Howe said of the 21-year old winger.

"I still feel there's a lot of potential in there, but obviously he's got to fulfil that when he gets chances."

Not quite 'Ibe is a disappointment' tbf.

He has been poor since joining.

Yeah there's loads carrying similar headlines and to be fair if you're a journalist you'll select the most dramatic word used in the interview and run with it and Howe did say "For him and us" so he left it wide open to being interpreted that way.

He either intended it as a bit of a kick up the hole for Ibe or he chose his words poorly.
    I'd say the former, coz Howe is shrewd enough.

Early days but I'd safely say we won't be using that buy back clause.

We did very well in that deal imo.

A top club.

https://twitter.com/bvb/status/818524607699369988
    Thank you very much! In our opinion, this title should belong to the 96 victims of the Hillsborough disaster. #JFT96 #TheBest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Absolute class.

We now have two German Teams where there is a solid link, Borussia Mönchengladbach and Dortmund, (maybe even Hamburg seeing as we sold them Keegan in 77)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

8-10 wrote: »

His younger brother, Rick, is joining the Chinese league I see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Sky saying karius will start against Southampton with a strong side
    Please god no karius

Kup Keeper Karius

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Hopefully he'll Karius to cup glory.

And that's me finished for the night, I'll just grab my coat on the way out...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Sky saying karius will start against Southampton with a strong side
    Please god no karius

Why not?

The only way he's going to improve is with games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

murpho999 wrote: »
    Why not?

The only way he's going to improve is with games.

Not true. He could also improve with practice, further coaching or simply getting a haircut so that it isn't in his eyes and he stops playing with it instead of concentrating on the job at hand.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

He weathered the Plymouth onslaught OK. If he can get through that then there is no stopping him.

The replay will be live on BT.

The replay will be live on BT.

I'd have been very surprised if it wasn't on tv. I'm guessing the 4th round match won't be though, depends on how many games are shown live I guess.

Not true. He could also improve with practice, further coaching or simply getting a haircut so that it isn't in his eyes and he stops playing with it instead of concentrating on the job at hand.

Just as well you're not a manager.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

murpho999 wrote: »
    Just as well you're not a manager.:rolleyes:

I may be no manager by I wholeheartedly agree that it's as simple as getting a haircut.

The right haircut automatically improves a players skills. Scientifically proven ya know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

dogbert27 wrote: »
    I may be no manager by I wholeheartedly agree that it's as simple as getting a haircut.

The right haircut automatically improves a players skills. Scientifically proven ya know.

Lucas agrees.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭RainMakerToo

NukaCola wrote: »
    Lucas agrees.....

Dunno, Firmino hasn't been the same at all since he lost the top-knot!
    And all the hairstyle changes haven't helped Moreno much! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Dunno, Firmino hasn't been the same at all since he lost the top-knot!
    And all the hairstyle changes haven't helped Moreno much! :)

Then you have Balotelli, Djib Cisse, Pogba all with silly hair do's (hair don'ts imo) and they are poor too, hmmmm, I'm seeing a trend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Then you have Balotelli, Djib Cisse, Pogba all with silly hair do's (hair don'ts imo) and they are poor too, hmmmm, I'm seeing a trend.

I see what you did there

Lads, ye missed this part

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Remember when Torres cut his hair. Instantly went ****

Hopefully some injuries/suspensions for Utd tonight but none for us tomorrow night. Probably be the other way around though.

De Gea, Ibrahimovic, Mata and Carrick all somehow go for the same ball and collide and injure themselves meaning they miss out on Sunday would be nice (and hilarious).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

5starpool wrote: »
    Hopefully some injuries/suspensions for Utd tonight but none for us tomorrow night. Probably be the other way around though.

De Gea, Ibrahimovic, Mata and Carrick all somehow go for the same ball and collide and injure themselves meaning they miss out on Sunday would be nice (and hilarious).

Only De Gea makes our team from that lot.

True, after all Gary McAllister never let us down.

Not sure about Jonjo Shelvey though.

• Advertisement

Doubt Mata will start against us anyway, Jose does not play him in these type of games, he's had a bit part role for them recently, he's very effective against weak teams and he came on and did a job against West Ham when they had a man sent off, he thrives in those types of situations but I don't think Jose trusts him 100%. Carrick I want to see him play tbh, we will hopefully press the fuk outta him and not let him dictate play, he's good when no pressure on him and he can play in his slippers, but if we hound him like we can I could see some joy coming from that.

Doubt Mata will start against us anyway, Jose does not play him in these type of games, he's had a bit part role for them recently, he's very effective against weak teams and he came on and did a job against West Ham when they had a man sent off, he thrives in those types of situations but I don't think Jose trusts him 100%. Carrick I want to see him play tbh, we will hopefully press the fuk outta him and not let him dictate play, he's good when no pressure on him and he can play in his slippers, but if we hound him like we can I could see some joy coming from that.

Mata always seems to score against us so I'd be delighted if he's dropped!

That's my thinking too. Utd generally play better as well when Carrick is playing.

Utd already have Ibrahimovic who is very good at taking long balls and making things from them with his height and strength, and Pogba is a similar build so they might not start Fellaini who usually does play against us in recent games against them. It'll probably be Carrick, Pogba and Herrara which is probably their best combo, with Ibrahimovic, Mikhitaryan and Martial as a front 3. Lots of danger there anyhow, and with Mata, Rashford, Rooney, Fellaini in reserve (the likes of Lingard surely won't get a look in) there are loats of options for them, more than we have really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Is Mane on his way back from the AFCON yet?? :)

I reckon we'll have a front 3 of Coutinho (if he gets mins on Wednesday I think he'll be gambled from the start against Utd), Firmino and Origi with Sturridge in reserve as really our only proper attacking option, other than a formation shift. Lallana, Can and Wijnaldum will play if Henderson is out. If he is fit though, Hendo, Can and Wijnaldum might play, with Coutinho on the bench and Lallana pushed up. It's a pity our optinos are mostly dependent on whether players are fit or not as that often doesn't work out well, but with a smaller core squad it can happen easier I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I reckon we'll have a front 3 of Coutinho (if he gets mins on Wednesday I think he'll be gambled from the start against Utd), Firmino and Origi with Sturridge in reserve as really our only proper attacking option, other than a formation shift. Lallana, Can and Wijnaldum will play if Henderson is out. If he is fit though, Hendo, Can and Wijnaldum might play, with Coutinho on the bench and Lallana pushed up. It's a pity our optinos are mostly dependent on whether players are fit or not as that often doesn't work out well, but with a smaller core squad it can happen easier I guess.

I'd prefer a mix of Cout, Lallana and Firmino behind Sturridge.

Yup, he's definitely scored a few against us in the past but as I said I would be pretty surprised if he's starting that match, so one less thing to worry about.

Vicxas wrote: »
    I'd prefer a mix of Cout, Lallana and Firmino behind Sturridge.

Not a formation we've played under Klopp though particularly, although I guess it is arguable the way 4 players rotate in attack a lot of the time. I think we'll be more on the conservative side though, but as I said it depends on Henderson and Coutinho somewhat. I'd be surprised if Sturridge started on Sunday, but I think he will tomorrow night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Not a formation we've played under Klopp though particularly, although I guess it is arguable the way 4 players rotate in attack a lot of the time. I think we'll be more on the conservative side though, but as I said it depends on Henderson and Coutinho somewhat. I'd be surprised if Sturridge started on Sunday, but I think he will tomorrow night.

I agree but Origi is still raw, whereas Sturridge has that poachers trait, and it could be down to very fine numbers on Sunday that win us the match.

• Advertisement

Origi is better at doing what Klopp wants though I think. Nothing Klopp has done in terms of selection makes me think he'll pick Sturridge in front of Origi, whatever my own thoughts on the matter are.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement