Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Lacazette still has 16 goals in 21 games this season and he would cost €50m and above so I can't see us spending that kind of money.

So with Jose having a great record in the League cup in his first season with a club , and Klopp having an abysmal record in finals. Is there anything to be said for putting out kids tonight and quietly exiting the comp .

It would be the cowards way out , but the thought of getting beat in a final is almost too much to bare , might be worse than a win would be good , if that makes any sense .

No!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

So with Jose having a great record in the League cup in his first season with a club , and Klopp having an abysmal record in finals. Is there anything to be said for putting out kids tonight and quietly exiting the comp .

It would be the cowards way out , but the thought of getting beat in a final is almost too much to bare , might be worse than a win would be good , if that makes any sense .

This is the problem with this forum being so pro United...the delusion starts to seep into other threads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

We've nothing to fear playing United or any team for that matter. We are more than a match for any of the remaining teams.

Southampton will be a tough test to get through and if both United and Liverpool get to the final that will be another tough test. You have to beat good teams to win cup competitions.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Lacazette still has 16 goals in 21 games this season and he would cost €50m and above so I can't see us spending that kind of money.

Really.....was it last season that he had a dip then? Or am I thinking of the wrong player completely?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Yeah, his name keeps coming back to us....

Bravo!

dhMeAzK.gif

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Really.....was it last season that he had a dip then? Or am I thinking of the wrong player completely?

Wasn't really a drop in form as such more throwing a strop to force a move last season. He still finished it better than 1 in 2 for the season.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Wasn't really a drop in form as such more throwing a strop to force a move last season. He still finished it better than 1 in 2 for the season.

Ah right. Let;s sign him so :D

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Ah right. Let;s sign him so :D

A great striker but I dont think would suit us now.

He should have been the forward we signed when Brendan couldn't get the Sanchez deal over the line.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Turtyturd wrote: »
    This is the problem with this forum being so pro United...the delusion starts to seep into other threads.

What's deluded about the first sentence which is the only one related to united. If your own support is pissing itself about a team behind it in the league it's hardly our fault.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

Thanks in no small part to Agent Gerrard, the supposed Kop hero who twice tried to force a transfer to Chelsea in 2004 & 2005. He made a few notable efforts to endear himself to both Chelsea and Mourinho during his career at Liverpool.

2005: Chelsea won the League Cup Final thanks to an own goal by Steven Gerrard.

2010: Chelsea won the league by 2 points. Agent Gerrard played no small role in their success that season. Chelsea came to Anfield in early May, at the time they were top of the league by a single point. In the first half of the game, Gerrard 'uncharacteristically' played a back pass to put Didier Drogba through on goal. Liverpool never recovered and Chelsea won 2-0.

2014: Agent Gerrard's 'slip' robbed Liverpool of the league title at Anfield in a game against Mourinho's Chelsea. Chelsea won the game 2-0.

Once is an accident, twice a mistake, three times is a habit ... One goal and two assists in three pivotal games, he'd be the first player Mourinho would want on the team sheet. Thankfully Mourinho's secret agent isn't available to influence the result in favour of the 'gentleman' (Gerrard's own description of the man).

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Hopefully some of this cockiness can be wiped off on Sunday with a Liverpool win.

Tragic story of a Plymouth fan whose son passed away while he was at the game last weekend and how the LFC staff looked after him

https://www.facebook.com/LiverpoolFC/posts/10155061917867573

Talisman wrote: »
    Thanks in no small part to Agent Gerrard, the supposed Kop hero who twice tried to force a transfer to Chelsea in 2004 & 2005. He made a few notable efforts to endear himself to both Chelsea and Mourinho during his career at Liverpool.

2010: Chelsea won the league by 2 points. Agent Gerrard played no small role in their success that season. Chelsea came to Anfield in early May, at the time they were top of the league by a single point. In the first half of the game, Gerrard 'uncharacteristically' played a back pass to put Didier Drogba through on goal. Liverpool never recovered and Chelsea won 2-0.

2014: Agent Gerrard's 'slip' robbed Liverpool of the league title at Anfield in a game against Mourinho's Chelsea. Chelsea won the game 2-0.

Once is an accident, twice a mistake, three times is a habit ... One goal and two assists in three pivotal games, he'd be the first player Mourinho would want on the team sheet. Thankfully Mourinho's secret agent isn't available to influence the result in favour of the 'gentleman' (Gerrard's own description of the man).

Ah stop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭MentalMario

I really wish there were some exceptions to the personal abuse rule on Boards...

To imply Gerrard intentionally cost Liverpool points/trophies is stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

NukaCola wrote: »
    We've nothing to fear playing United or any team for that matter. We are more than a match for any of the remaining teams.

Southampton will be a tough test to get through and if both United and Liverpool get to the final that will be another tough test. You have to beat good teams to win cup competitions.

I am quietly confident we could do them this weekend and that we will finish above them in the league at the end of the season ,not a fear of the team per say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

x43r0 wrote: »
    Tragic story of a Plymouth fan whose son passed away while he was at the game last weekend and how the LFC staff looked after him

https://www.facebook.com/LiverpoolFC/posts/10155061917867573

Needed the tissues after that, that's so bloody sad... ;(

Augeo wrote: »
    Ah stop
    5484b146072f4bb690dbfa10bdc88cb1.jpg

I really wish there were some exceptions to the personal abuse rule on Boards...

To imply Gerrard intentionally cost Liverpool points/trophies is stupid.
    Wind your neck in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Wind your neck in.

Wind your neck in..

in other news:

Liverpool midfielder James Milner, 31, who has played at left-back for most of this season, has been the second-best full-back in Europe, according to research by the CIES Football Observatory. It also names Manchester City's Kevin de Bruyne, 25, as the best attacking midfielder on the continent. (CIES Football Observatory)

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Stab*City wrote: »
    Wind your neck in..

in other news:

Liverpool midfielder James Milner, 31, who has played at left-back for most of this season, has been the second-best full-back in Europe, according to research by the CIES Football Observatory. It also names Manchester City's Kevin de Bruyne, 25, as the best attacking midfielder on the continent. (CIES Football Observatory)

What that extract failed to say is that Coutinho was tied with be Bruyne in that list which was linked here the other day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭finno

Stab*City wrote: »
    Wind your neck in..

in other news:

I taught Coutinho was 1st

https://twitter.com/empireofthekop/status/818955689615888384

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Arsenal 4th in that list, must be legit.

That CIES list is absolute BS. Must be based on nothing more than limited base stats and not people with actual eyes watching the games.

Didn't want to be on the stats list anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,202 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

C16PaEOWEAAwIFB.png:large

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

No sign of matip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Didn't want to be on the stats list anyway.

Moral victory for the not on the list Juan.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Mignolet should be playing.....

• Advertisement

\There's plenty of United players on the lists so that's not the reason I'm calling it BS. For one thing they've got two of our attacking midfielders in the top 3 positions for defensive midfield. It's mental.

No sign of matip

He's still not 100%, he's doing a Sturridge, just no back bone, has the wrong mentality, it will effect the squad, sell sell sell.

Ah the bus parking list.

Ah the bus parking list.

Always good to have a mature conversation with a fellow football fan. :rolleyes:

Jayop wrote: »
    Always good to have a mature conversation with a fellow football fan. :rolleyes:

Head on back over to RAWK my good man, I'm sure that will satisfy your urges.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

No sign of matip

We are missing the spine of our team, Mig - Matip - Hendo - Cout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

I'll be fairly worried going into Sunday if Matip, Henderson and Coutinho are all out, or even 2 of them. Have a feeling Henderson and Coutinho will play though, please God.

Whats the craic with Matip, any injury updates on him?

garra wrote: »
    We are missing the spine of our team, Mig - Matip - Hendo - Cout.

Ye its not good. Its not ideal if matip hendo and coutinho all start on Sunday. Very high tempo game to have them all back in for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Edit:not worth the hassle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Ye its not good. Its not ideal if matip hendo and coutinho all start on Sunday. Very high tempo game to have them all back in for.

It's a shame we didn't play them away for the first game, Maureen would not have dared park the bus at OT and we were flying then. Now its just about not losing that match, with the state of our squad and them in top form.

mormank wrote: »
    Really? You get out this meme for that? Boomerang, his name keeps coming back to us? I mean come one, it's lowest common denominator stuff, I thought of it but thought to myself, better not post that as it's far too obvious a gag. People like you are the reason for the overuse of the word legend etc. imo... Each to their own I guess. :rolleyes:

Of all the places you could whinge about overuse of a gag you choose THIS thread? You must have been asleep for all the pandas, breakfast etc.

I see a post that makes me laugh, I might feel like showing it via a reply

It's just the internet - You shouldn't take it so seriously. You surely have bigger things to worry about

Of all the places you could whinge about overuse of a gag you choose THIS thread? You must have been asleep for all the pandas, breakfast etc.

It's just the internet - You shouldn't take it so seriously. You surely have bigger things to worry about

I think it's called "Doughboyitis." Getting upset with "Thanks whoring"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Jayop wrote: »
    \There's plenty of United players on the lists so that's not the reason I'm calling it BS. For one thing they've got two of our attacking midfielders in the top 3 positions for defensive midfield. It's mental.

That's what I had a laugh at. When I saw Pogba there I couldn't even remember him playing DM once for United :pac:

garra wrote: »
    It's a shame we didn't play them away for the first game, Maureen would not have dared park the bus at OT and we were flying then. Now its just about not losing that match, with the state of our squad and them in top form.

Ye its not an ideal time to face them. Even if we lose I still think we will finish ahead of them barring a major injury crisis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

I think it's called "Doughboyitis." Getting upset with "Thanks whoring"

Happy out, I got nearly enough tanks to invade Europe :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

To be fair Aboomerang is no Mickey Tarzan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

True. Thing is though, whilst it's not ideal picking a player who hasn't played since injury, it's probably a gamble worth taking in particular with Henderson.
    If Klopp deems Henderson fit enough to start Sunday then I would expect and hope he'll start.
    The tempo may not be as big a problem as people make out, often these games turn out to be more like a game of chess and dull as dish-water for the most part so I'd rather henderson play than try to get by without him, personally.

If Coutinho can make the bench then that would be good and even a 90% fit Coutinho coming on could do something from nothing.

I don't know what Matip's situation is so no real comment there aside from it being a pity if he's out.

Anyway.... let's hope we do the job tonight and don't get any more injuries, crap timing with the ones we already have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Lucas back in midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

True. Thing is though, whilst it's not ideal picking a player who hasn't played since injury, it's probably a gamble worth taking in particular with Henderson.
    If Klopp deems Henderson fit enough to start Sunday then I would expect and hope he'll start.
    The tempo may not be as big a problem as people make out, often these games turn out to be more like a game of chess and dull as dish-water for the most part so I'd rather henderson play than try to get by without him, personally.

If Coutinho can make the bench then that would be good and even a 90% fit Coutinho coming on could do something from nothing.

I don't know what Matip's situation is so no real comment there aside from it being a pity if he's out.

Anyway.... let's hope we do the job tonight and don't get any more injuries, crap timing with the ones we already have.
    It's not like Henderson's been out long enough to have become too rusty anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

I do have bigger things to worry about which is why I deleted my reply, didn't realise it had been quoted before then. Oh well. It was a terrible gag tho. And you're right, jokes are often overused in this thread. Don't know why I took issue with this one. Maybe it was the use of the meme, a meme like that should be reserved for something special imo.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement