Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

It's not like Henderson's been out long enough to have become too rusty anyway.

Yeah I'd be thinking same. I'd be confident he'll be starting and do well. Not ideal though as Busts said but sure we were bound to get a few injuries ahead of playing those jammy gits.
    Huge call on Coutinho though. I'd say he'll be a sub.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Kenny Powers gifs are the real special ones :D:P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Yeah I'd be thinking same. I'd be confident he'll be starting and do well. Not ideal though as Busts said but sure we were bound to get a few injuries ahead of playing those jammy gits.
    Huge call on Coutinho though. I'd say he'll be a sub.

Ye I wouldn't be worried about hendo at all hopefully he is over his injury. Its only been 2 weeks and he is probably one of the fittest players we have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

mormank wrote: »
    I do have bigger things to worry about which is why I deleted my reply, didn't realise it had been quoted before then. Oh well. It was a terrible gag tho. And you're right, jokes are often overused in this thread. Don't know why I took issue with this one. Maybe it was the use of the meme, a meme like that should be reserved for something special imo.

I appreciate the reply - Seriously, fair play

Humour is subjective so we're always gonna come across on here we don't agree with. The panda stuff for example never really made me laugh but it's swings and roundabouts because the thread does produce some genuine gold from time to time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Negative_G

x43r0 wrote: »

Humour is subjective so we're always gonna come across on here we don't agree with. The panda stuff for example never really made me laugh but it's swings and roundabouts because the thread does produce some genuine gold from time to time

I tend not to post too often in this thread but read it on a regular basis.

That Simpsons reference with that other poster about not wanting it anyway way absolute gold!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

bit of trivia for people who believe in fate

1974 was the last time we were held to a draw at home in the FA cup by a team from the 4th tier (Doncaster Rovers I think) and we went on to win the cup 3-0 vs Newcastle, you heard it here first :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Karius is playing very well. Apart from that, meh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

It does, it really does. That post with the simpsons and Wayne Rooney about saying the line was magnificent for eample! :D Eh I just got back from a funeral of a friend of mine and felt like taking issue with something faceless online I think tbh. Nothing personal, but I do stand by what I said about saving a meme like that something special. ;)

The midfield have no movement in front of them to move a fast ball into the forward line too that's why the slow build up.

Origi needs to come on to add pace to the forward line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Distinct lack of energy in this Liverpool side and (whisper it) it's been a bit of an issue for a few games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Negative_G wrote: »
    I tend not to post too often in this thread but read it on a regular basis.

That Simpsons reference with that other poster about not wanting it anyway way absolute gold!

Ha, I genuinely had not read this post before mentioning that very same post in my post above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Karius by far our best player so far, fair balls to him, could be a lot worse only for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

mosstin wrote: »
    Karius is playing very well. Apart from that, meh.

Not even meh, we've been poor. Hopefully phil comes on soon and firmino goes centrally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Absolute fúcking rubbish!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

klopp needs to change the formation it's gone so stale. A midfield of can, wiji and lucas is awful too.
    firmino wouldn't get a game in the reserves on current form absolutely anonymous.

karius looks good that is the only positive, tripe otherwise. get origi and coutinho on quick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

All very reminiscent of the Burnley game. Severe lack of movement up front.

Karius kept us in it there. Wonder if any of the 3 Nevilles will comment on that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Head on back over to RAWK my good man, I'm sure that will satisfy your urges.

Ah the man that was posting in a United thread complaining that people were reading a Liverpool forum is still butt hurt about his irony being pointed out to him.:rolleyes:
    emmetkenny wrote: »
    That's what I had a laugh at. When I saw Pogba there I couldn't even remember him playing DM once for United :pac:

Exactly. I've no problem with the list and they can put Liverpool players where they like, but any list that has Pogba as the best defensive midfield player in Europe has to be taken with a huge pinch of salt.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

That was pathetic in fairness, Firmino has been beyond useless for weeks now, take him out of the game coach, Be nice if any of the hams playing in midfield actually created something or got a pass into Sturridge. Blaming Sturridge for lack of movement is stupid, the midfield have been poncing around at 1mph, it's been pedestrian sh1t. Feed him and he will score.

Jayop wrote: »
    Ah the man that was posting in a United thread complaining that people were reading a Liverpool forum is still butt hurt about his irony being pointed out to him.:rolleyes:

Nope, that wasn't me. Unlucky son.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Negative_G wrote: »
    mormank wrote: »
    That post with the simpsons and Wayne Rooney about saying the line was magnificent for eample! :D

I have to agree - Whoever posted that must be quite the colossus of a man :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Something I've just noticed....after Lovren plays the ball, he kinda stops for a couple of seconds. Maybe I'm imagining it, but I'm nearly certain I seen it in the first half a couple of times.

No real urgency about us tonight so far. We need someone to start dictating the game and starting progression up the pitch. It's very backwards and sidewards at the moment.

Nope, that wasn't me. Unlucky son.

Yer all the same (mostly)

If firmino is feeling tired from the PL than he's in for a rude awakening next year with European football as well.

In saying that I don't think he's been too bad tonight. S'ton are doing lots well.

Too many thinking of Sunday's game perhaps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

My stream has died so I'll be watching James May reassemble something old.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Augeo wrote: »
    If firmino is feeling tired from the PL than he's in for a rude awakening next year with European football as well.

In saying that I don't think he's been too bad tonight. S'ton are doing lots well.

I don't think it's tiredness, he's used to having Coutinho close by him most of the time for short sharp passing. He doesn't have anyone else doing that which isolates him a bit.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

We look so much better when we have our front 4 of Coutinho, Lallana, Firmino and Mane. I'd be surprised if all of our underwhelming games didn't come when at least one of them was missing. Annoying that people don't stay fit for us, plus the AFCON as well.

If Firmino is looking tired Daniel is asleep.

Jayop wrote: »
    Yer all the same (mostly)

You were wrong, bet you feel dumb.

You were wrong, bet you feel dumb.

I was wrong, but don't really feel that dumb. The poster I was thinking of was BMMachine and it's an easy mistake to mix you up. Very similar usernames.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

I have to agree - Whoever posted that must be quite the colossus of a man :pac:

Post link - I missed it!!

If Firmino is looking tired Daniel is asleep.

Aw diddums..... you'll be advocating drink driving next :D

Easy ball out wide, he decides to flop like a fish. :D

ardinn wrote: »
    Post link - I missed it!!

Post of the year for 2016 without a doubt.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=101550536&postcount=9036

Followed up with a pathetic dive.

World class indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,284 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

The more I see of Can the less convinced I am in his abilities. He's not quick enough in thought or in how he moves. Things tend to slow when going through him a lot of the time. Bad night so far, very one dimensional and obvious.

Sorry Rayne but I never seen that before and that is a cracker of a post.

The more I see of Can the less convinced I am in his abilities. He's not quick enough in thought or in how he moves. Things tend to slow when going through him a lot of the time. Bad night so far, very one dimensional and obvious.

His biggest strength is driving forward with the ball, none of our midfielders on the pitch are great at picking passes in a packed defence.

Feed him, he scores.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-devon-38588927

This just popped up on my Facebook. It's a credit to the two involved that in the middle of the madness that is a match day, they took the time to help someone in one of the worst situations imaginable. Could easily have pretended not to see him or moved him on to somebody else. Club and the area should be proud these individuals represent them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Positives - Karius resembled a decent keeper.
    -Coutinho back.
    -Surely can't play this bad twice in a row. -Still in the tie somehow.

Negatives - too many to mention but the main being the static play. As expected mane badly missed against teams that sit.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Karius is the only one who emerges from this with credit. Coutinho had some decent flashes. That's about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

They should be fúcking ashamed of themselves!

I hope I never see Lucas in a Liverpool shirt again!

Shambollocks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Brutal game, can't do that in the league. We're so flat on attack. I have to question Klopp's decisions to bring off Wijnaldum and Firmino when there were far more obvious choices to be taken off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Jesus lads im worried. That was a near full strength squad and we looked like lads who never played together.

Christ why did it have to be utd on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭DaveSuarez

That was a shocking performance

Bad result but would still fancy going through in the 2nd leg.

Biggest positive is Coutinho back means Firmino can go back central.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

kfallon wrote: »
    They should be fúcking ashamed of themselves!

I hope I never see Lucas in a Liverpool shirt again!

I hope your ready for the 2nd leg so.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement