Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Pity we didn't play our world class striker today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

That was ****e. God we're gonna be miss Mane. We definitely need to sign another winger this January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Pity we didn't play our world class striker today.

the main man stunk out the place as much

To be fair the only reason klopp kept Lucas in the summer was as a back up for CB. Lucas has done good for us but he's not good enough at this level and doesn't suit a klopp team.

Can, Lucas & Wij as a midfield 3 were awful. Moreno at LB and milner to CM perhaps would have been better, who knows.

Different team without Henderson. Mane obviously a huge miss too.

With no away goal rule it's not actually the worst result in the world

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Firmino is FINALLY going to back in a central position, thank christ. He's been fairly poor since Coutinho got injured but he seems to get himself a goal nearly every time he plays in the middle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Just a goal down.
    Injured players to return.
    Home leg to come.
    We rarely look that bad away.
    James Milner did this.
    https://twitter.com/MundialMag/status/819296480922058753

Reasons to be cheerful.

rob316 wrote: »
    the main man stunk out the place as much

More clearly.
    Even with coutinho on Bobby barely touched the ball.... looking a different player to the Suarez esque chap we saw in Aug & Sep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

The good news is that we only lost 1-0 so we're very much still right in it. But it could very easily have been 2-0 or 3-0.

Actually relieved tbh.

Forget about it now and let's go again on Sunday. Henderson will need to start and Firmino will need to turn up coz he hasn't been turning up much lately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Poor performance tonight, steeped to get out of there only 1-0 down.

No need for panic, these performances can happen. Has not happened that often this season.

Sunday and the second leg will very different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Firmino needs to be played through the middle but to be honest not sure if that would have made a difference with the ****e performances behind them.

I hope we never see Lucas and Can in the same midfield again.......Hendo does the job of both of them put together but far far better.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Said 10 minutes into the 2nd half I'd take a 1-0 defeat. Just were never at the races tonight. One of the worst performances of the season. Actually might even be the worst. Should have lost at least 3-0.

Badly missed Mane, Coutinho, Hendo and Matip. Phil at least managed to get 20 minutes but looked rusty understandbly.

Can and Sturridge were hopeless but hard to pick out anyone who played well really.

Lucas and Can together in the same midfield is always murder. Should never happen.

There's definitely a reason why Can isn't first choice. The guy has talent but consistentcy he doesn't have

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

That sh!tty hi-vis kit shouldn't be worn again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Brutal stuff, worst performance of the season? How we only lost 1-0 is beyond me Southampton should be pleased with their win and performance but on the same hand should be kicking themselves they haven't 2 or 3 goals to bring into the second leg.
    It was a worrying performance on the eve of the United game, bar karius everyone should be looking at themselves after the game. Really hope Henderson and Phil will be fit to start Sunday, Henderson presence has been really missed. I know it's also only one game but the lack of pace without mane was worrying, nobody to make the run in behind instead we were stuck to passing it from left to right in front of their defence aimlessly. Klopp leaving subs late again too was worrying, can should have been off after and hour and origi on sooner. Luckily it's only the first leg and turning over a 1-0 defeat at anfield is very doable.

Turtyturd wrote: »

It's the only kit we've lost in this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Maybe I'm jumping the gun but that was a very bitter pill to swallow. I thought the lads would have come on for their experiences last season in high pressure cup games but seemingly not.

That was simply a disgraceful performance. I don't care who was missing, there's no excuse for that sh1t they just served up.

Karius impressed me. Got well outside his box a few times to clean up situations before S'ton could get troubling him. Great to see.

mosstin wrote: »
    Just a goal down.
    Injured players to return.
    Home leg to come.
    We rarely look that bad away.
    James Milner did this.
    https://twitter.com/MundialMag/status/819296480922058753

Reasons to be cheerful.

Be some duel on Sunday between him and Phil da face.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

That was a pile of puke tonight. Horrific, backwards sideways static performance from everyone.

However that was only our 3rd defeat in 26 competitive games this season.

Cannot afford to lose on Sun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

mosstin wrote: »

Gotta love Milner. I was laughing my ass off at that. Class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Brutal game, can't do that in the league. We're so flat on attack. I have to question Klopp's decisions to bring off Wijnaldum and Firmino when there were far more obvious choices to be taken off.

I think both done with the view that this is a two legged tie, and United in a couple of days.

By contrast, I think Sturridge playing 90 means he's miles away from the first team for the weekend.

It's the only kit we've lost in this season.

Superstitious rubbish. They have won in it too.

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    There's definitely a reason why Can isn't first choice. The guy has talent but consistentcy he doesn't have

Been very poor this season when he's played. Looks cumbersome, slows our play down and gives the ball away.

Has been decent in the past but don't know what's going on with him recently.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    I think both done with the view that this is a two legged tie, and United in a couple of days.

By contrast, I think Sturridge playing 90 means he's miles away from the first team for the weekend.

Rightly so after tonight...his two contributions were a pathetic dive, and a shot half way up the stand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

We have not won a game this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Rightly so after tonight...his two contributions were a pathetic dive, and a shot half way up the stand.

If that's the case there should be about 8 changes for the weekend cos there were plenty out there tonight who were just as bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Great tactical result for Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

What happens with Lallana for the weekend I wonder.

Ideally i'd like him back in the midfield 3, as he gets us moving forward quicker, and adds some less predictable play - but with Mane out, that might mean Firmino having to play wide with Origi likely centre, and Coutinho on the other side.

Is Lallana's influence in midfield more important than making sure Firmino can play centrally? I'm not sure. Tough decision.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

3 terrible performances in a row, albeit one with an entirely different team.

Happy New Year indeed.

Definitely need a midfield of Hendo-Lallana-Gini for Sunday.

Can/Lucas together is murder and Lallana is much better in midfield than as part of the front three.

Firmino up front with Phil and Origi.

Matip hasn't played any minutes in ages now. Hard to see him being parachuted straight back into the starting line up now.

Mane looks a huge loss unfortunately. He stretches the opposition defences with his pace so they are afraid to push up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Don't know about anyone else but i'm just looking forward to another profit making window. Kerching!

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Great tactical result for Sunday.

Tactical genius!

daithijjj wrote: »
    Don't know about anyone else but i'm just looking forward to another profit making window. Kerching!

Or, you know, being second place in the league.

• Advertisement

Think we might have to let Daniel go on a free no one is going to pay for an injury prone lazy forward.

Sunday might have come too soon for some players......I thought we'd have Hendo, Coutinho and Matip back......i know Coutinho is back but it might take him a few games to get up to speed, not sure whats happening with Hendo and Matip but both are unlikely to be in really good shape for the game.....i base that on nearly zero information of course so hopefully i'm very wrong.

daithijjj wrote: »

Looks like we do need an extra body or two in there but very little rumblings of a signing. Everton have spent 40M this week. Would be nice to push the boat out a little for an extra player.

Sturridge was poor but I wouldn't go singling him out if we are being fair. No one up top done anything of note really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Reasons to be positive...
    • Karius was excellent tonight, and kept us in the tie
    • Coutinho is back
    • No new injuries picked up
    • Got out of there with a 1-0 when it could very easily have been 2-0 or 3-0

Reasons to be grumpy...
    • One of the worst performances of the season
    • Lack of Mané is going to cost us over the next month
    • No sign of Matip (starting to worry that he's going to be a player who spends 50% of each season injured, but is so good when he plays that we don't sign a replacement)
    • Emre Can very poor. Ponderous on the ball. This midfield 3 doesn't work for us.
    • Looked very lethargic - which is odd considering most of these players have had 9 days without a game.
    • On a run of poor showings, with a very important game on Sunday

We look really downbeat at the moment - United must be delighted. I don't think there'll be a better time to play us.

• Advertisement

5starpool wrote: »
    3 terrible performances in a row, albeit one with an entirely different team.

And one at the end of a busy schedule......
    Only one league game was effected though so hopefully we turn the form around.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

It's only Dick and Dom that keep flapping about Sturridge, circle jerks if I ever saw them.

Daithijj - I agree, let's rejoice, nett spend league will be ours.

This now has the feel of the start of a poor run of results. We could win cup ties through penalties and not win a game until next month

#Kloppisabustedflush
    #meltdown

#Kloppisabustedflush
    #meltdown

You seem to be having a meltdown, relax buddy, it's just the internet.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Origi, Coutinho and Firmino up top, with Henderson (hopefully), Wijnaldum and Lallana is the best lineup we can muster this weekend if everyone is fit enough to start. Interesting to see which way Klopp goes with it though. The defence will be as tonight, but Mignolet coming back in I'd say.

5starpool wrote: »
    Origi, Coutinho and Firmino up top, with Henderson (hopefully), Wijnaldum and Lallana is the best lineup we can muster this weekend if everyone is fit enough to start. Interesting to see which way Klopp goes with it though. The defence will be as tonight, but Mignolet coming back in I'd say.

Hard to see Phil lasting the full 90 but think you have to start him and see how long he can go before taking him off.

Looks like we do need an extra body or two in there but very little rumblings of a signing. Everton have spent 40M this week. Would be nice to push the boat out a little for an extra player.

We're being fed the line that Klopp doesn't do signings and we promote from within, most fans seem to want to swallow it whole, other years people would be losing their sh1t with the lack of investment now as LuckyLloyd used to say everybody is on the Kool-aid and not seemingly worried that the squad is wafer thin. We're 2nd in the league but are showing seemingly no ambition to actually try and win the damn thing, penny pinching.

You don't get it.

He's having a pop at FSG's transfer policies and how we are having transfer windows where we make more on sales than what we buy.

murpho999 wrote: »
    You don't get it.

He's having a pop at FSG's transfer policies and how we are having transfer windows where we make more on sales than what we buy.

Actually I did get it. It was fairly obvious.

Just used it to make a general point about strengthening the squad.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement