Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Alonso77 wrote: »
    perhaps, but if Sturridge pulls out a beaut like he did in the Europa final last yr and we win, we'll all be laughing

He has it in him.

No, we'll all be doing this...

5eYG9.gif

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Agree, and would enjoy it, but he's far more likely to have a game like the other night or Burnley where he looks like someone who won a place in the startling line up.

fb_707345.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

but he's far more likely to have a game like the other night or Burnley where he looks like someone who won a place in the startling line up.

Yeah that's the problem with starting him.

Time and time again in the big league games Klopp has gone with Firmino up front so i don't see that changing Sunday.

His form lately has been poor but he's still better at bringing others into the game and he seems to play better when Coutinho is in the side.
    So yeah Firmino up front is nailed on imo.

fair enough, i was replying to the unedited one you posted first

haha, wtf? Never edited my post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

haha, wtf? Never edited my post.

i dunno, the 2nd part was not in the post i was replying to at that moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Yeah that's the problem with starting him.

Time and time again in the big league games Klopp has gone with Firmino up front so i don't see that changing Sunday.

His form lately has been poor but he's still better at bringing others into the game and he seems to play better when Coutinho is in the side.
    So yeah Firmino up front is nailed on imo.

Think with Coutinho back he'll go back to being a false 9. And about time. He's been awful since couts went out injured

i dunno, the 2nd part was not in the post i was replying to at that moment.

I honestly hand on heart didn't edit that post fella. Maybe it was bottom of yer screen and you missed it or something but genuinely I didn't edit it.

Anyhow, silly stuff to be arguing over. Ney harm done either way dude. :)

I honestly hand on heart didn't edit that post fella. Maybe it was bottom of yer screen and you missed it or something but genuinely I didn't edit it.

Anyhow, silly stuff to be arguing over. Ney harm done either way dude. :)

no this is an outrage!

we must continue this back and forth all the way up to kick off on Sun and commence immediately after the game which we will lose 4-0 where sturridge will miss 4 penalties from the bench!
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

fb_707345.png

A mind reader now yeah?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

I was thinking if chelsea lost Costa for a time, it would seriously test them. Hoping this bust up lasts a while :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

May be another Chinese club will make a bid for Hazard before the end of the month as well.

I think we've more chance of Can putting in a big performance than the other guy.
    Dunno, origi isn't too bad
    Gbear wrote: »
    Sturridge has been far more useless than Origi this season.
    At least Origi can show pace, strength, can hold the ball up and is something of a direct threat out wide.
    He's chipped away with the goals as well.

Sturridge isn't even in the debate for me. I very much doubt he would've started during the week if he was going to play Sunday, whereas we've seen the likes of Wijnaldum, Lallana, Origi, Bob and Lovren used sparingly.

Sturridge has chipped away with goals too.
    Beats origi on goals per minutes comprehensively.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

May be another Chinese club will make a bid for Hazard before the end of the month as well.

That'd still leave Victory '20 goals' Moses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

That'd still leave Victory '20 goals' Moses.
    Naturally we will resign moses lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

I think we have to risk starting both Matip and Coutinho on Sunday, we are a totally different team with them in the side.

Migs
    Clyne-Lovren-Matip-Milner
    Can
    ---Wijnsnjasn-Lallana
    Origi----Firmino---Coutinho

That's what i'd like to see, Hendo for Can if fit or possibly play both of them to add extra cover for Clyne down the right as Origi is'nt great tracking back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I think we have to risk starting both Matip and Coutinho on Sunday, we are a totally different team with them in the side.

Mig
    Clyne-Lovren-Matip-Milner
    Can
    ---Wijnsnjasn-Lallana
    Origi----Firmino---Coutinho

That's what i'd like to see, Hendo for Can if fit or possibly play both of them to add extra cover for Clyne down the right as Origi is'nt great tracking back.

Mignolet
    Clyne-Matip-Lovren-Milner
    Hendo

Lalana--Wijnaldum
    Sturridge--Firmino--Coutinho

Oops :pac:

I do wish I quoted that before it was deleted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,030 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Just switched on Leeds v Derby. Good to see Scott Carson still knocking around.

If Matip starts I reckon it'll be lovren who is benched.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

If we lose on Sunday, I'll be half tempted to ring in sick.

Utd supporters in work are back to their annoying selves.

Hopefully a good result there will put them back in their box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Augeo wrote: »
    If Matip starts I reckon it'll be lovren who is benched.

Not a hope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Oops :pac:

I do wish I quoted that before it was deleted
    I knew I had to get that deleted quick;)

It included International minutes.
    Can't find League Cup mins or FA Cup.

But in the Premier League

Sturridge 503 mins 2 goals
    Origi 653 mins 4 goals

http://www.squawka.com/football-player-rankings#goals-scored#player-stats#english-premier-league|season-2016/2017#liverpool#all-player-positions#16#39#0#0#90#13/08/2016#13/01/2017#season#1#all-matches#total#desc#total

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Charlie19 wrote: »
    If we lose on Sunday, I'll be half tempted to ring in sick.

Utd supporters in work are back to their annoying selves.

Hopefully a good result there will put them back in their box.

They really are the worst. Don't mind the ones that are into it but the passive ****ers are the worst

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭RainMakerToo

niallo27 wrote: »
    They really are the worst. Don't mind the ones that are into it but the passive ****ers are the worst

Sixth is the new fourth! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

eyerer wrote: »
    I was thinking if chelsea lost Costa for a time, it would seriously test them. Hoping this bust up lasts a while :D

Would not it past Conte to send up these smoke signals for distraction, I just don't trust Italians!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Hmm someone trying to claim Paul Pogba is 1st premier league player to get his own emoji.

I could have sworn Liverpool have had emoji for Klopp, Sturridge and Henderson available since last year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Hmm someone trying to claim Paul Pogba is 1st premier league player to get his own emoji.

I could have sworn Liverpool have had emoji for Klopp, Sturridge and Henderson available since last year

Aye they had their own Skype emojis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

That was on Skype.

But Sturridge has been an emoji for years.images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQibEsyTS83EKz2IYicUffSPTnt8DiVf6JdnM7-QXJN5iZT1AbEzKn34Kk

face-with-head-bandage.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

It's certainly not the most ideal time to be playing United, but if the players are up for it and Klopp gets his gamelan right, we'll be a'ight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Sturridge has 45 goals in 81 appearances. He's a one in two striker. He's a brilliant talent and I generally just love watching him play. He has wonderful technique and style in his game and has a catalogue of brilliant goals and moments of skill.

Yes he is injury prone and yes he needs man management but some people can't seem to accept he's not Suarez. He's a different player.

When the team don't play well and he doesn't score, there's a lot of fingers being pointed at Sturridge. Conversely, If he's injured and Liverpool lose it's Sturridge's fault too as he wasn't in the team and mucking in.

The right thing to do is to accept that you won't always have Sturridge available, but when he is available, he will generally do good things.

Firmino has been in very poor form recently and he isnt being lampooned.

We need to get another striker probably. What's the story with Ings?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Sturridge has 45 goals in 81 appearances. He's a one in two striker. He's a brilliant talent and I generally just love watching him play. He has wonderful technique and style in his game and has a catalogue of brilliant goals and moments of skill.

The Sturridge that scored most of those goals is a different player though. He'll still get ya goals, but he used to offer so much more with his pace. Now he's slower than average. I'm always fine with him being in the team against the bottom 10 or 12, but against the top teams, the tradeoff is too big. He might score a wonder goal, but the team as a whole is lessened. I think pre-serious injury sturridge would suit us very well, but he's really lost a dimension.

As for Ings, he's out for the season.

It's pure bonkers how often Sturridge gets debated.

If he scores the winner Sunday then I'll whip off the cacks and swing them around my head just as I would if anyone else gets us a winner.

But some people seem to have this weird thing about him on here, fifty/fifty one way or the other. And then they get a few digs in depending on how he's getting on.
    Or at least that's how it comes across.

It's surreal.

On Sunday we're up against a shower that chant anti JFT96 stuff for fun and have the most obnoxious manager in the world in charge so lets forget about Sturridge in-fighting

Let's go get the fcukers!

I thought they'd take the hint when the Mr glass rubbish was stamped out. Ah well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

By the same logic you would accept being referred to as part of a shower that chant mocking the Munich disaster?

Looking forward to this game, will be watching with 2 Liverpool friends and 2 United friends, oddly enough none of us take swipes at the other over tragedies our clubs have been through yet we still manage to be passionate about the teams.

Leaving aside the usual tribal stuff I would love to see both Liverpool and United at the top of the league fighting it out for titles, now that would be exciting

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Leaving aside the usual tribal stuff I would love to see both Liverpool and United at the top of the league fighting it out for titles, now that would be exciting

I'd say if Utd were in the title race you wouldn't be the least bit worried where in the table Liverpool were :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Easy to say when Liverpool currently are up near the top and United aren't :P

By the same logic you would accept being referred to as part of a shower that chant mocking the Munich disaster?

I'd never be a part of anything like that. My Uncle played a big part in getting a banner saying "96 not enough" taken down at OT the day we won 4-1 though.

I hate anything to do with Hillsborough and Munich chants. And yes it works both ways.

Well, both ways unless UEFA are monitoring.

Manchester is full of ****e got us cited
    But 96 is not enough didn't get them cited

Draw your own conclusions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,490 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

We haven't pressed anyone of late as we were given ball for 3 whole matches
    That should change on Sunday, we can get back to what we do best. We can press and break, we can be a real annoyance when they have ball. Of course Klopp could play 3 defensive midfielders and play like we did against City. I would not mind that if it brought the 3 pts, it would be good to see us pulling such a tactic off.

We haven't pressed anyone of late as we were given ball for 3 whole matches
    That should change on Sunday, we can get back to what we do best. We can press and break, we can be a real annoyance when they have ball. Of course Klopp could play 3 defensive midfielders and play like we did against City. I would not mind that if it brought the 3 pts, it would be good to see us pulling such a tactic off.

I think it's gonna be a borefest and 0-0

Just being honest. And I'd take that and move on.

We're not at our best right now so a draw would be fine.

I think it's gonna be a borefest and 0-0

Just being honest. And I'd take that and move on.

We're not at our best right now so a draw would be fine.

A draw would be perfectly acceptable, a win would be great.

A loss ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Mourinho is often very pragmatic about these games regardless who he's managing...I expect them to set out not to lose and take it from there. After the usual crazy, manic first 20 minutes, I expect us to have more possession even though it's at OT. Wouldn't be surprised by a cagey 0-0 or 1-1.

Draw is ok.

No, we can't afford to lose it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

If chelsea lose tomorrow or draw a loss on sunday is not the end of the world given that chelsea have to come to anfield by the end of the month.
    Fancy us to get something out of the game and i agree it will be a cagey affair. Big game for our full backs i feel as utd like pace on the wings and old trafford is a big pitch.

Although if we lose i think i will give this thread a miss for a few weeks.

I think we will be soundly beaten 2 or 3 nil and I'm not even trying a reverse jinx, hopefully I will be mocked relentlessly for this opinion apres match

We've gone there and won when they were winning trebles.

Anything can happen on the day

Let's see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I'd say if Utd were in the title race you wouldn't be the least bit worried where in the table Liverpool were :)

No I said it years ago too, (here and offline) would really bring an extra edge to the business end of the season. I like the competition, obviously I would never want ye to win the league or anything crazy like that! But the victory would surely be sweeter if it was ye we were pipping to titles and vice versa from a Liverpool POV.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

No I said it years ago too, (here and offline) would really bring an extra edge to the business end of the season. I like the competition, obviously I would never want ye to win the league or anything crazy like that! But the victory would surely be sweeter if it was ye we were pipping to titles and vice versa from a Liverpool POV.

This is true tbh. Liverpool and Man U are the two biggest English clubs and to have that rivalry being battled out for league titles would be fantastic. Arsenal are a big club in their own right and whilst Chelsea and Man City bring a more competitive edge to the league it still all seems very artificial.

In fairness, Man City and Chelsea is just the way football is these days, the Chinese league is a perfect example of that. But i'd love to have the tradition of Liverpool and Man U at the top going for it big time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

monkey9 wrote: »
    But i'd love to have the tradition of Liverpool and Man U at the top going for it big time.

Been a fan for 35 years and that's never been the case,bar the odd season we never really challenged each other as top two, it was us and Everton mainly..Utd had arsenal..Then Chelsea and city arrived..

Never been pool v utd 1and 2 for title races...

Bar one season ,in my memory anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

monkey9 wrote: »
    This is true tbh. Liverpool and Man U are the two biggest English clubs and to have that rivalry being battled out for league titles would be fantastic. Arsenal are a big club in their own right and whilst Chelsea and Man City bring a more competitive edge to the league it still all seems very artificial.

In fairness, Man City and Chelsea is just the way football is these days, the Chinese league is a perfect example of that. But i'd love to have the tradition of Liverpool and Man U at the top going for it big time.

Longterm i don't think we can beat united.The difference in income is too much and it is going to click at some stage. Short-term we are having a good season and if we beat them sunday have a good chance we will get a champions league spot .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,668 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Been a fan for 35 years and that's never been the case,bar the odd season we never really challenged each other as top two, it was us and Everton mainly..Utd had arsenal..Then Chelsea and city arrived..

Never been pool v utd 1and 2 for title races...

Bar one season ,in my memory anyway
    True. I don't remember Utd as a kid when pool where winning titles it was Everton and arsenal competing with them . Utd were a mid table club in the 80's

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement