Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny - Strike Survey

Options
  • 18-11-2016 10:49am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Guys can you take a couple of minutes to complete this please:
    Cormac... wrote: »
    Normally I'm not one to recommend people go to X and Fill in Y.
    The post that this survey derives from is an exception though.
    Something about it just.... spoke to me, and I felt we should all fill it in for the greater good ;)
    I feel like this post might be one who's findings are more interesting that a normal ole boring survey someone does for the craic
    Let's all just do everyone a favour and fill it in and not ask any more about it :P

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScd08r-zYyxCve58TZTcUvURvx2dU4duxaqEEI3WA8d32H1MA/viewform?c=0&w=1

For the Mods, I did get prior permission before posting this as I am aware of the rules. Jonny said this was ok as it's an exception so pls no shoot me

And while your at it why not post your top 5 strikes in here for a little discussion :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Can't do the survey in work (what's it for)

Favourite Strikes would probably be the Year 1 ones but probably 'cos of nostalgia and haven't really run them in a while.

Favourite strike is probably the one where you had to get Thorn in Y1.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Can't do the survey in work (what's it for)

Favourite Strikes would probably be the Year 1 ones but probably 'cos of nostalgia and haven't really run them in a while.

Favourite strike is probably the one where you had to get Thorn in Y1.

The survey is just ranking the 17 stirkes in order of preference really :)

I have a soft spot for the Alak-hul or whatever his name is one :P

ah yes the sword one. Every-time we'd do it I'd have to ask you "what do we have to do?"

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

gimli2112 wrote: »
    ah yes the sword one. Every-time we'd do it I'd have to ask you "what do we have to do?"

Yeah and most the time we had one random merchant in with us making a balls of it haha

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I think TTK strikes are a step above the rest as they made an effort to add different mechanics to them. I'm a bit apathetic to strikes in general though, they're enjoyable enough the first couple of times but they're a bit of a chore to replay after that for me. I think I only did one NF in RoI and that was because I had to for the OP quest.

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I think TTK strikes are a step above the rest as they made an effort to add different mechanics to them. I'm a bit apathetic to strikes in general though, they're enjoyable enough the first couple of times but they're a bit of a chore to replay after that for me. I think I only did one NF in RoI and that was because I had to for the OP quest.

Omnigull is the wurst....... the wurst

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Omnigull is the wurst....... the wurst

don't mind omnigul, the psion flayers and archon priest are about the only 2 I'd consider quitting.

Always have a soft spot for sepiks prime (and now sepiks perfected), back in the day as a lowly level 5 guardian the tank alone could take 30mins. Big sense of achievement when you'd finish it.

Dunno why they left the nexus strike behind, don't think I've played that one in over a year.

syboit wrote: »
    don't mind omnigul, the psion flayers and archon priest are about the only 2 I'd consider quitting.

Always have a soft spot for sepiks prime (and now sepiks perfected), back in the day as a lowly level 5 guardian the tank alone could take 30mins. Big sense of achievement when you'd finish it.

Dunno why they left the nexus strike behind, don't think I've played that one in over a year.

I actually enjoy the Psion Flayers, expecially with a 400 Flaming Sword haha

I voted for Sepiks perfected in first as its just brilliant and the new music is class too :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I dislike the Psion Flayers one because there's no chance to get an exotic from it. I also dislike Omnigul. Because of the time I got into the game, I don't think I've ever gotten to do the Nexus or The Summoning Pits (though from reading of the Summoning Pits, seems Abomination Heist follows the same basic route).

I guess my favourites would be The Sunless Cell, Abomination Heist, Cerberus Vae III (managed to run this on heroic solo this week, so that's given me a bit of a soft spot for it right now :pac: ), the Shadow Thief, and Blighted Chalice.

Has Winter's Run dropped out of rotation? Haven't had it come up once for me since RoI dropped.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Favourite strike is the nexus

Least favourite is wretched eye... **** that strike **** it so hard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

jcd5971 wrote: »
    Favourite strike is the nexus

Least favourite is wretched eye... **** that strike **** it so hard

That and the Bond Brothers strikes are so annoying. Big open room with no cover that gets flooded with enemies every time you drop the bosses health by 20% or so. Add the relevant burn (Solar for Bond, Void? for Wretched Eye), and they're the absolute worst thing ever.

Serbian wrote: »
    That and the Bond Brothers strikes are so annoying. Big open room with no cover that gets flooded with enemies every time you drop the bosses health by 20% or so. Add the relevant burn (Solar for Bond, Void? for Wretched Eye), and they're the absolute worst thing ever.

Ah the bond brothers are grand when you know where to stand :P

yeah it's not too bad but can be a bit of a pain with a solar burn and juggler. It was the last time and was a pain but nothing as bad as the wretched eye

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

gimli2112 wrote:
    yeah it's not too bad but can be a bit of a pain with a solar burn and juggler. It was the last time and was a pain but nothing as bad as the wretched eye

Shanks that can hit you from orbit and smell you out wherever your hiding like jimmy Saville at an under 8s Xmas party

jcd5971 wrote: »
    Shanks that can hit you from orbit and smell you out wherever your hiding like jimmy Saville at an under 8s Xmas party

Since RoI dropped the shanks can even track you when invis which is crappy.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

The Ogre always seems to have it out for me in Wretched Eye, it seems like I spend more than half of the boss fight with it ignoring the other two on my team and going for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Shanks can go **** themselves.
    If there's an area with 50 enemies and 3 shanks, I'll get rid of the shanks first cos they seem to be the most accurate and will **** me up far quicker than the rest of the enemies.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Shanks can go **** themselves.
    If there's an area with 50 enemies and 3 shanks, I'll get rid of the shanks first cos they seem to be the most accurate and will **** me up far quicker than the rest of the enemies.

Wholeheartedly agree. Those fcukers are lethal. Always feels like 2 shots and your down.

Wholeheartedly agree. Those fcukers are lethal. Always feels like 2 shots and your down.

The shanks are lethal when fighting Vosik and Aksis if you dont hide.

Advertisement