Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sounds that make you cringe

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Thelomen Toblackai

People trying to sing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭Stigura

Bicycle Bells! Don't know what it is. Something about the pitch in them? Gets me right behind the bridge of my nose. Almost stops me in my tracks. Always has done. Most strange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Jodotman

When your doing someone doggy style and they accidently shat themselves a small bit. It was like a gurgling airy sound. Was rotten and she was mortified as was I.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭EDit

As I've got older, I've found I am increasingly intolerant of the sound of people whistling, especially when so often they are completely out of tune

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

The sound of "shhhhhh, shhhh, SHHHH" from some bastards in a pub coz some prick has decided to sing and one must not speak or have fun whilst said prick is wailing his depressing shyte about ancient times.

Also, George Hook's voice and ramblings.

Sweet Jesus, the thought of Hook being the singing prick in the pub... :mad:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Sound of a motorbike passing. Too bloody loud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭corner of hells

People eating
    Slurping
    Chomping on an apple
    People smacking their lips as they eat
    The sound of the word moist
    People who won't blow their nose and are just snuffly
    Shrill screams
    Things pouring into cups or glasses
    Sudden unexpected noises make me want to knock someone out I hate it

Examples 2,4,5 and 8 could be part of a noisy drunken ride.

Loud children.
    Doesn't matter if they're laughing, crying, being bratty or being joyful; the high pitched voices are guaranteed do my head in. >_<;
    The Milford Academy had the right idea: children should be neither seen nor heard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Phone Alerts- Don't mind them if they are infrequent but if you are next to someone and they are getting alerts every few minutes, it drive me into an inner rage
    Snapchat stories- When you're trying to watch tv etc and all you can hear are Snapchat stories from someone's phone
    Sound of someone slurping soup, I dread being around someone when they eat soup (unless they have it with bread)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

The sound of rodents scrapping behind walls or ceilings.
    The ultimate in cringe is when you can hear them when you have guests.
    Makes it look like you're living in squalor.

Snoring is another. I was staying overnight in a relations house recently. Out of 5 adults i could hear 4 snoring. Twas like listening to a weird conversation. I couldn't sleep for ages with the noise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

Some scumbag hawking up phlegm followed by the noise of the phlegm hitting the ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭Stigura

Some scumbag hawking up phlegm followed by the noise of the phlegm hitting the ground.

Yeah. Thanks for that imagery ..... :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

The sounds of Tom.

Tom sits roughly 20 feet away from me.

Several times a day Tom will go "ho hum" in a cheerful disappointed kind of way.Maybe his file didn't save.Maybe his pen ran out of ink.Maybe he noticed there was 1 hour and 47 mins till home time.Maybe his page took a second longer to load than normal.

Tom.Lovely fella but Christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

When someone has to scrape their chair on the tiles when getting up from the table...

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭GMSA

The dialogue between characters on Fair City. Nobody talks like that in reality. Banal waffle dragging on for 30 mins. The theme tune is grating too but at least its a warning to get the remote control and not subject my ears to painful twee small talk.

• Advertisement
Advertisement