Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Front page of this week's Waterford today

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

You said they're both not printed in Waterford but doesn't the Munster have a printing place on o Connell street?

The Munster isnt printed in Waterford anymore as far as i know ,the news and star never was,but you know that already.

To be honest man i doubt im the only person on here who knows who you are, and i can see why you wouldnt want your employers to know.. due to your previous accounts here.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭The Bowling Alley

Wtf 😂 I remember now, you were at this same ****e last year. I don't even know who you think I am but please pm me and tell me who it is so I can do a bit of research into him.

I assure you, I do not work in the News & Star. I don't think a Thurles man from would be much use to them 😂

Cheers for the answer on the Munster tho!

Wtf 😂 I remember now, you were at this same ****e last year. I don't even know who you think I am but please pm me and tell me who it is so I can do a bit of research into him.

I assure you, I do not work in the News & Star. I don't think a Thurles man from would be much use to them 😂

A Thurles man born and bred on the Cork road :D

😂 this is surreal! Who do you think I am??? I'd send you a pic of my passport and driving licence except that might be a little weird! Can anyone else enlighten me as to who or what moose knuckle is talking about???

Where did i say you work for the news and star?

• Advertisement

Haha jaysus you're trying to be clever with me now. You said about the news and star not being printed in Waterford "but you knew that already" - and on the previous page you quoted me and winked as if I would somehow be offended about your post on the news and star.

This actually all feels a bit weird now!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Boooourns wrote: »
    Surprised you can't see the bigger picture since your standing in your high tower looking down on us.

Since I cannot see it, please paint that picture for me.

Haha jaysus you're trying to be clever with me now. You said about the news and star not being printed in Waterford "but you knew that already" - and on the previous page you quoted me and winked as if I would somehow be offended about your post on the news and star.

This actually all feels a bit weird now!

Abouttobebanned,dicky pride,the bowling alley,superman,man united,golf,apple,waterford,cork road,sweets,etc etc etc

Im not naming you because i think its against boards rules,but if anyone else wants to know just browse through the the usernames its very,very obvious who you are.

This is absolutely fascinating. You clearly have some kind of obsession with the man you think I am.

Good luck to you moose knuckle but if it really gets between your night's sleep I'll show ya my birth certificate, my passport, my lovely wife, my two cats and my Tipp GAA jersey. Deal??

• Registered Users Posts: 29,386 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

😂 this is surreal! Who do you think I am??? I'd send you a pic of my passport and driving licence except that might be a little weird! Can anyone else enlighten me as to who or what moose knuckle is talking about???

dont forget the stool sample, theyre always important

• Advertisement

This is absolutely fascinating. You clearly have some kind of obsession with the man you think I am.

Good luck to you moose knuckle but if it really gets between your night's sleep I'll show ya my birth certificate, my passport, my lovely wife, my two cats and my Tipp GAA jersey. Deal??

Just out of interest where did you get your username from?

Haha is that what this is about?

Here you go moosey.

I was born in Kilcommon in 1974. I went to the CBS until confirmation time. My mother got a job in Waterford (in the hospital - she was a nurse until her death 2 years ago - there's a post in this forum about that somewhere)

We moved to Ursuline Court where I lived until 2000. I'm a jack of all trades but don't want to reveal my occupation here (again) because it's not the most popular. I spent many a fun time in the Bowling Alley around the corner - which would match up with your cork referance alright!

The whiskey has me writing tonight! I've lived in Waterford all my life but I've never lost my love for my home county GAA! Do love Waterford too and have gone to see them many many times

Back to the topic at play before the mods give out to me! I think papers need to take money from wherever they can get it and would be curious as to whether any Waterford companies are advertising in Kilkenny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭JMT2016

There's absolutely nothing wrong with this ad.

There is a perfectly good shopping centre in kilkenny which plenty of people from waterford visit regularly.

Now when City Square completes its upgrade in a year or so, I expect they will have a front page ad on the Kilkenny Advertiser (the KK equivalent of Waterford Mail) because it will attract Kilkenny shoppers also.

We have to start thinking regionally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭JMT2016

would be curious as to whether any Waterford companies are advertising in Kilkenny

Yes if you read the Kilkenny Advertiser they have ads for Waterford businesses on it. They draw from the same pool of ads as the Waterford Mail.

They have cottoned on to the fact that the South East is a small place and with the motorway businesses in both counties are now easily accessible.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Warning: Trying to identify another poster or out their true identity is a banning offence, so cut it out and keep to the topic at hand or action will be taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Boooourns

JMT2016 wrote: »
    There's absolutely nothing wrong with this ad.

There is a perfectly good shopping centre in kilkenny which plenty of people from waterford visit regularly.

Now when City Square completes its upgrade in a year or so, I expect they will have a front page ad on the Kilkenny Advertiser (the KK equivalent of Waterford Mail) because it will attract Kilkenny shoppers also.

We have to start thinking regionally.

I'd be very surprised if that ad happens next year!
    As i mentioned earlier local busineses pay for the upkeep of that paper throughout the year with their ads and it's very disappointing to see an ad for a Kilkenny shopping centre printed on the front page at Christmas time.
    The city needs all the help it can get at this time and people need to stay as local as they can. I have no bother with people going away to do their shopping at all but I do find it poor taste with this week's front page.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I grew up in Kerry and you'd often have ads in the local newspapers there for the big shopping centres in Cork or Limerick, especially in the run up to Christmas. I don't see any problems with it at all. An ad is an ad. There were plenty for local businesses too. You'd also see ads to fly using Dublin airport or to visit New York or Paris even though Shannon or Kerry airport or places like Dingle or Killarney were nearer airports and holiday destinations. Pretending there isn't or shouldn't be a world of options for consumers outside their local county is insular and naive.

Anyway, the internet (largest advertising source) makes everything global nowadays or should you only be able to access commercial sites for the county where your IP address is located to ensure no business leaves the county??

ongarboy wrote: »
    I grew up in Kerry and you'd often have ads in the local newspapers there for the big shopping centres in Cork or Limerick, especially in the run up to Christmas. I don't see any problems with it at all. An ad is an ad. There were plenty for local businesses too. You'd also see ads to fly using Dublin airport or to visit New York or Paris even though Shannon or Kerry airport or places like Dingle or Killarney were nearer airports and holiday destinations. Pretending there isn't or shouldn't be a world of options for consumers outside their local county is insular and naive.

Anyway, the internet (largest advertising source) makes everything global nowadays or should you only be able to access commercial sites for the county where your IP address is located to ensure no business leaves the county??

Your broadband is provided by a multinational company so that makes no sense whatsoever.

Surprised you can't see the bigger picture since your standing in your high tower looking down on us.

Still waiting for the bigger picture to be explained to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭Chiparus

I wonder would people be as upset if the ad was or a Dublin or Cork shopping center?
    I don't think they would.

Chiparus wrote: »
    I wonder would people be as upset if the ad was or a Dublin or Cork shopping center?
    I don't think they would.

Why would it be any different, it's the same argument.

There must be no bigger picture so. Just another phrase thrown around to try and make your point seem valid.

Ad on the front page of the Munster today for McDonagh junction

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Well that's it - I'm boycotting All Waterford media :p

Why would it be any different, it's the same argument.

Because this is Waterford, and there is a fixation that Kilkenny and Wexford are the enemy.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭BBM77

Because this is Waterford, and there is a fixation that Kilkenny and Wexford are the enemy.

:rolleyes:

It’s called local rivalry you get it everywhere.

BBM77 wrote: »
    It’s called local rivalry you get it everywhere.

Not really. If the cardiac lab was being moved to Kilkenny, there would be a far greater outcry than patients being moved to Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭BBM77

Not really. If the cardiac lab was being moved to Kilkenny, there would be a far greater outcry than patients being moved to Cork.

If they moved the cardiac lab in Cork to Tralee or from Limerick to Ennis there would be an equally big outcry. It would be the same kind of thing, moving services to somewhere with a fraction of the population of where it currently is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,410 ✭✭✭✭road_high

BBM77 wrote: »
    If they moved the cardiac lab in Cork to Tralee or from Limerick to Ennis there would be an equally big outcry. It would be the same kind of thing, moving services to somewhere with a fraction of the population of where it currently is.

Waterford is not the regional equivalent of cork or limerick in the SE though, talk about delusions of grandeur. Bless
    Cork limerick are many times bigger than their relatives serfs, Waterford roughly only twice that of other SE towns so has never warranted the laughable and absolutely meaningless "regional capital" it's paranoid citizens fawned up on it.

Advertisement