Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My phone wont play videos?

Options
  • 18-11-2016 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭

My Sony Xperia wont play any videos either videos on the phone or youtube/snapchat/facebook I cleared the cache and data, theres memory on the phone, I cant work it out? Can anyone help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

Did it ever work? Try 3rd party player like vlc. Last resort, factory reset.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

When you click on the video do you get a promp to play it through video player or anything else or does it just try load the video straight away?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

degsie wrote: »
    Did it ever work? Try 3rd party player like vlc. Last resort, factory reset.

Yeah it did work, it stopped working before and clearing the cache fixed it. I dont think vlc will work for snapchat/facebook and factory reset will delete all my apps,photos and numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 82,677 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Have you tried turning it off and back on again?

jonnycivic wrote: »
    When you click on the video do you get a promp to play it through video player or anything else or does it just try load the video straight away?

I dont get any prompt for anything, it just tries to load the videos

• Advertisement

Have you tried turning it off and back on again?

Yes!

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭golfcaptain

Did you try wiping cache partition through recovery menu? Instructions vary slightly by handset so you can try googling "android wipe data cache partition "+YOURPHONEMODEL.

Did you try wiping cache partition through recovery menu? Instructions vary slightly by handset so you can try googling "android wipe data cache partition "+YOURPHONEMODEL.

I deleted AVG, it seems to have done the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,972 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Also for anyone else mx player is the best video app on there shames the likes of vlc

Advertisement