Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solicitor for a will

Options
  • 18-11-2016 11:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

Any recommendations for a solicitor to do a will with in Drogheda? We had a solicitor for our mortgage and I can't stand him so don't want to give him any more business but all of our family use him so not sure who else to go to.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭whereto now

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    Any recommendations for a solicitor to do a will with in Drogheda? We had a solicitor for our mortgage and I can't stand him so don't want to give him any more business but all of our family use him so not sure who else to go to.

Citizens advice do regular nights where you can see a solicitor so that might be worth looking into and it's free ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Never knew that, thanks! Even better if it's free :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭gipi

I used Patricia Holohan to make a will earlier this year, found her excellent. She's based in Laurence St, close to the gate.

No connection other than as a satisfied customer

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Mr Ed2011

Citizens advice do regular nights where you can see a solicitor so that might be worth looking into and it's free ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜

You can make an appointment with Citizens Information to see a solicitor for advice but the solicitor will not act on your behalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭uli84

What's the usual price anybody knows?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

uli84 wrote: »
    What's the usual price anybody knows?

About....maybe...€125.-
    Some solicitors,if you do enough business with them will do it for nothing.
    Also Probably depends on how much you want to leave and how you want it split :pac:

Track over to the legal section on these fine boards to get more solid info as not of that profession myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭whereto now

Citizens Advice have days when you can get your will done up free, i did mine a couple of years ago. They have an arrangement with some local solicitors who provide the service. So it's worth ringing to see if they're still doing it. You need to have everything decided before you go then the solicitor goes off and has it typed up then it's just a matter of calling to the solicitors office and having it witnessed and signing it. Didn't cost me a penny. Happy days !!!

Advertisement