Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFH & ASHP Quotes

• 18-11-2016 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Just wondering what companies to contact with regards to getting a UFH & ASHP quote. I have some already however there is one company that is costing alot less than the others even though they are supplying me with better materials and a better ASHP. Not sure how this can happen with such a vast difference. Has anyone experienced this before?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭Ging Ging

If you share the breakdown of prices you have first then you might get some replies. You can name the brand of heat pump etc. but not the company who gave you the quote.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 702 ✭✭✭JonathonS

Re recommendations (by PM) it would be useful if you let us know what area of the country you are in.
    The two main reasons why quotes vary significantly are a) companies not quoting for similar goods/services, b) VAT not included.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 jamesmcgovern

Im based in Co.Clare, house is 260m2.
    The best price I have received from for my underfloor heating and a 14kw Mitsubishi Ecodan with 200L Telford Cylinder ( all supply and install) is 7700 ex vat
    I will just list all other other prices etc below
    UFH + IVT Air X 90 ASHP - 15,200 EX VAT
    UFH + 11 Kw Daikin ASHP - 12,800 EX VAT
    UFH + NDA PREMIUM ASHP - 18,000 EX VAT
    UFH + NDA NANO ASHP - 15,700 EX VAT
    UFH + NIBE 12KW ASHP - 12,350 EX VAT
    UFH + NIBE F2040 - 13,250
    Bit of a crazy difference there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 225 ✭✭froshtyv

There is no way that price of €7,700 includes supply and install of both underfloor heating and a heat pump. It is probably for the heat pump only.

If you are going down the road of who is going to give you the cheapest quote for underfloor and air-to-water then you should be looking at an alternative heat source.
    Im based in Co.Clare, house is 260m2.
    The best price I have received from for my underfloor heating and a 14kw Mitsubishi Ecodan with 200L Telford Cylinder ( all supply and install) is 7700 ex vat
    I will just list all other other prices etc below
    UFH + IVT Air X 90 ASHP - 15,200 EX VAT
    UFH + 11 Kw Daikin ASHP - 12,800 EX VAT
    UFH + NDA PREMIUM ASHP - 18,000 EX VAT
    UFH + NDA NANO ASHP - 15,700 EX VAT
    UFH + NIBE 12KW ASHP - 12,350 EX VAT
    UFH + NIBE F2040 - 13,250
    Bit of a crazy difference there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,136 ✭✭✭✭KCross

froshtyv wrote: »
    There is no way that price of €7,700 includes supply and install of both underfloor heating and a heat pump. It is probably for the heat pump only.

If you are going down the road of who is going to give you the cheapest quote for underfloor and air-to-water then you should be looking at an alternative heat source.

Sounds a bit too good to be true alright. The underfloor alone would be 50%+ of that. I'd double check the fine print of that quote.

The other quotes are all in the same ballpark so thats a good indication that they are valid quotes. You just need to decide which one to pick based on quality of product and more importantly quality of installer and backup service.

An installer that is based 2hrs away from you may not be responsive to issues later.

• Advertisement

So I decided to go to their office for peace of mind and went through everything. They have said their buying power of products is better than other companies as they do a lot of commercial work in London. I got certs etc and information on their products. All top quality stuff. Guy was extremely informative, knew his stuff.
    Also got some references of past installations from them so gave them a call and they have not had a problem, everything working as expected.
    Its about time a company stopped ripping the pi** out of things. They said their team is always around the country so wont be a problem if I need them.
    Nice surprise before christmas!

The underfloor was around 20% of the quote

The underfloor was around 20% of the quote

UFH for €1500+Vat in a relatively large 260m2 house is hard to believe.

Did they give you the spec of the pipework?
    How much of it are they putting down per m2?
    What is the warranty on the pipes?

How long are the company in business.. check the CRO website to be sure.

Maybe the price has dropped in the last few years but I just dont see how this price stacks up and allows them a profit after labour is included.

Sorry it was a bit more than that but it was less than 3500 for the underfloor. I dont want to give an exact figure. Yes they gave me a spec on the pipework along with CE certs etc. House is 240 m2, apologies, and they are laying 1600m of pipe as it is with a heat pump.
    Check the business they are 15 years in business. 50 year warranty on the pipe.
    I know where you are coming from with regards to price etc. I questioned them about it all in the meeting but they seem genuine, the references checked out for me so I was happy with that too.

Sorry it was a bit more than that but it was less than 3500 for the underfloor. I dont want to give an exact figure. Yes they gave me a spec on the pipework along with CE certs etc. House is 240 m2, apologies, and they are laying 1600m of pipe as it is with a heat pump.
    Check the business they are 15 years in business. 50 year warranty on the pipe.
    I know where you are coming from with regards to price etc. I questioned them about it all in the meeting but they seem genuine, the references checked out for me so I was happy with that too.

One last thing, dont rely on a phone call for the references. Go see one of their installs 1st hand. Now is a great time as its cold so you'll feel the heat in the house and see the unit and the controls etc. Get feedback on running costs from the owner..... just dont rely on someone on the phone saying its all grand.

Good luck with it.

• Advertisement

Yes im heading on Sunday to meet one of the references to see the system up and going as this will be a new system of heating for me.
    Thanks for your input and advice - greatly appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Kerrybuilding

Hiya could you pm the details please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 64 ✭✭soundskin

Make sure your cylinder is sized correctly for your heat pump! Critical. Always best to go with one produced the heat pump manufacture as it's designed to match and rated for that heat pump.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 garyclk

Hiya, could you PM me the company details please.
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭embraer170

Read like an advert to me.
    Never contributed to Boards before and started multiple posts praising this mystery company...

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Varls

Hi
    Could you pm me details of supplier
    Thanks

Advertisement