Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nipple Piercing

Options
  • 18-11-2016 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Just looking for some advice for my wife, she had her nipple done two weeks back. One side of the bar has began to slide into the nipple and become ever so slightly covered in the flesh, its almost like it needs a bigger head on it or something like a Washer?? to prevent it from slipping any further inside it, there's no puss or anything coming out and doesn't appear to be sore. Its not red or anything just a little white dry skin around that side of the nipple.

Is this normal? would she need a better quality of metal like Silver or Platinum maybe?

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

She needs to go back to the shop. They're experts. Asking on an online forum isn't much use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Edups2.0

Hey OP!
    Firstly those metals aren't high quality for piercing. What your wife needs is a bigger ball, defiantly. It sounds like the piercing is rejecting - is she cleaning it regularly? One of the best ways of cleaning a piercing like that is getting a cup with half a pint of warm water and a 1/4 tea spoon of natural sea salt, bending forward and pressing the cup hard to create a seal then lying back. It creates like a suction that gets rid of a lot of the nasty stuff that you won't catch with a swab. For definite get back to your piercer and get it looked into! Piercings rejecting could mean a low quality metal was used - surgical steel or god forbid stainless steel! Always ensure it's titanium.

And please don't change the jewellery yourself! The piercing is as least 4 weeks out from fully healed and you need to use a sterile bar. Has the area swollen beyond the bar? That could signal they used a bar that's too short.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

Thanks, shes cleaning it all the time, I think its a titanium one, gonna just tell her to go back in and get it looked at. I will tell her to try as you suggested in cleaning it. I think the bar may be to short.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Edups2.0

bullvine wrote: »
    Thanks, shes cleaning it all the time, I think its a titanium one, gonna just tell her to go back in and get it looked at. I will tell her to try as you suggested in cleaning it. I think the bar may be to short.

Where did she get it done?

Edups2.0 wrote: »
    Where did she get it done?

Cant think of the name of it, near dame street, really good spot, had her hood done two weeks ago and has no issues. The problem with her nipple is that its quite flat until it gets touched, so it sort of expands a lot if that make sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Macca07

I've both my nipples done with years, and never had this, but I know a guy who's skin started healing over the piercing, as the length of the bar was too short, and the ball on the piercing was too small.

Just go back to the shop, explain what is happening, and they'll know best (if it's a reputable piercist).

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

I just ripped half of my nipple bar out, I've put a plaster of it at the moment in the hopes that it will heal back up. Should I just take it out altogether??

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Atari Jaguar

mimimcmc wrote: »
    I just ripped half of my nipple bar out, I've put a plaster of it at the moment in the hopes that it will heal back up. Should I just take it out altogether??

Ouch! If you've literally torn the nipple surface to the point where the bar is visible yes, you might have to take it out and re pierce in 6 weeks. You might also need stitches to repair that kind of damage, that's for a doctor to decide however. But if it's a small tear on either side where it inserts then no, just keep cleaning it and give it some time to heal. Just check in with your piercer to get it looked at, the damage might sound minor or severe to us here, but a professional opinion is always best. A piercers opinion before a doctor save €50 and they'd be more knowledgeable in the subject. I find doctors just give lectures :rolleyes:

Macca07 wrote: »
    I've both my nipples done with years, and never had this, but I know a guy who's skin started healing over the piercing, as the length of the bar was too short, and the ball on the piercing was too small.

Just go back to the shop, explain what is happening, and they'll know best (if it's a reputable piercist).

Thanks for the advice, that's exactly what she did and its much better now with the longer bar. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

Ouch! If you've literally torn the nipple surface to the point where the bar is visible yes, you might have to take it out and re pierce in 6 weeks. You might also need stitches to repair that kind of damage, that's for a doctor to decide however. But if it's a small tear on either side where it inserts then no, just keep cleaning it and give it some time to heal. Just check in with your piercer to get it looked at, the damage might sound minor or severe to us here, but a professional opinion is always best. A piercers opinion before a doctor save €50 and they'd be more knowledgeable in the subject. I find doctors just give lectures :rolleyes:

Ya it's ripped to the surface half way. Surprisingly it wasn't actually that sore, I'd say it's lost a lot of sensitivity from catching it in things over the years. I've had it done for about 6 years, so the piercer that did it is long gone but I'll go to some other piercer for an opinion. Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement