Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Live chat not working & gzip compression not enabled

• 18-11-2016 1:19pm

Hello, was trying to contact via live chat yesterday & again today but it seems to be unmanned these days.. I got a report from Google about mobile views of website which is showing as very slow due to gzip compression not being enabled. I had moved my website to new new server last year for this very reason and was sure the mod_deflate was enabled on that server and allowing gzip compression. Can anyone tell me if this option has been turned off? if there is an option to enable it? or if it is no longer an option? it's important as it's showing as very slow for mobile users but this would improve by 76% with gzip compression..

Comments

Hi ed333

I replied in the previous thread on gzip, apologies you couldn't get anyone on livechat it is busy at present but agents are available.

Regards,

Alan

Thanks Alan, turns out Gzip was enabled but not working due to the website being delivered through PHP. Had to add the following line at the top to get it working (just in case it's of benefit to someone else) - <?php if (substr_count($_SERVER, 'gzip')) ob_start("ob_gzhandler"); else ob_start(); ?>

Advertisement