Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Washer Dryer

• 18-11-2016 1:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭

So our Zanussi washer dryer has died and needs replacing.

Now I bought Zanussi at the time(10 years ago maybe)as they were seen as a better higher quality brand than their cheaper counterparts.

My question is, is this still the same? Am I better off looking at the likes of Zanussi/Bosch/Siemens etc rather than the cheaper brands like Beko/Indesit etc?

I have it my head for some reason that the playing field has evened out somewhat in the last few years, that a lot of the brands are now produced by the same manufacturer etc.

There are some very big price differences and while I dont want to go cheap if it isnt worth it, I dont want to throw money away on a name brand for no real benefit.

The machine will get light to moderate use as it is just myself and my wife and seperates arent an option.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Advbrd

I would rate Zanussi in the same bracket as Indesit, slightly ahead of Beko. Bosch/Siemens are a step up again and as far as I know have the same parent company. I have gone with Electrolux, Bosch, Siemens the last time we remodeled the kitchen and have had no issues eight years later. The oven which was Fagor has recently packed in replaced with Electrolux.

Ask someone else and you will probably get a different story.

Advertisement