Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nursing Home Fair Deal Scheme - Financial Assessment

Options
  • 18-11-2016 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

hello,
    I have a query re the Financial Assessment of the Fair Deal Scheme, I am having no luck with the HSE.
    My father transferred absolute ownership of his Principal Private Residence to my brother last year. He did maintain a right of residence in the property(not an absolute interest, ie he has no ownership entitlement, but my brother would be restricted in selling the house without my fathers consent).
    I know the Fair Deal Scheme looks back at assets owned for the previous 5 years. Is a right of residence considered as "asset" with some value? I think an absolute interest is because there is ownership entitlement in that case but I am unsure for the case of rights of residence.
    My father is in good health now but was anxious to pass his assets to hopefully avoid any financial burden down the line should he have togo into care. After all the work we just want to make sure we can't still be caught on the Right of Residence aspect.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks

Advertisement