If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

40" plus Tv

Options
  • 18-11-2016 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,561 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I'm looking to buy a decent smart Tv minimum of 40" but preferably bigger with built in free to air channels.
    Am a bit clueless as not into this stuff so any recommendations please.
    Budget up to 400 sterling.
    Will buy now or wait till Black Friday deals I suppose
    Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

carsfan2 wrote: »
    Hi
    I'm looking to buy a decent smart Tv minimum of 40" but preferably bigger with built in free to air channels.
    Am a bit clueless as not into this stuff so any recommendations please.
    Budget up to 400 sterling.
    Will buy now or wait till Black Friday deals I suppose
    Thanks
    Hi Carsfan2.

Thanks for the post.

For an all singing all dancing 40" you could look at the Samsung 40KU6020 priced at £399.00 (Includes our VIP 6 year guarantee).
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202314-ue40ku6020.aspx
    The above tv is packed with features.

Panasonic offer have the 49DS500 at a little over budget at £449.00
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-201920-viera-tx49ds500b.aspx

There are a lot of in-store  only collection tv's that we can not ship. Would collecting from the Belfast store be an option?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,561 ✭✭✭carsfan2

Hi can't collect.
    You have a samsung 43" up at 419 pounds.
    Is the panasonic the best of the three?
    Any idea if these will com down on Friday?
    Thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

carsfan2 wrote: »
    Hi can't collect.
    You have a samsung 43" up at 419 pounds.
    Is the panasonic the best of the three?
    Any idea if these will com down on Friday?
    Thanks
    Hi Carsfan, apologies for the delay in getting back to you

The Samsung kenny mentioned above is a fantastic TV for the money. Picture wise, I'd say its better than that Panasonic, but it is only a 40" where the Pana is a 49"

I think the pricing must have changed as I don't see a Samsung at £419, do you know which model it was?

Regards
    Brian

Hi
    It appears the pricing has changed alright. The samsung is now 349pounds and there is a 43" LG 4k for 379 pounds. 49" is too big for the space I have.
    Which would you recommend between the Samsung or LG?
    If I order before Friday and prices go down do you honour the new price? I can't really see the Samsung going down anymore as it is now 50 pounds cheaper than yesterday?
    I also need a bracket to mount TV on wall. how much will this cost?
    Thanks    

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

From Memory you were looking for a TV that had free to air satellite?

If so then the LG 43" ( LG 43UH603) is probably the best deal for you as it is ready for Freeview / saorview and it also has a free to air satellite receiver built in and at £379 / €489 for a decent branded 4K TV its a pretty amazing deal ( and that's before you factor in our 6 year TV warranty!) 

You can check it out here:
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202276-43quot-4k-smart-tv.aspx

Thanks again and keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Does that lg definitely have free to air satellite?
    The spec sheet says it doesn't on the website. If it has will go for that.
    If it doesn't would you still recommend it over the Samsung?
    Thanks
    For all the info by the way.

NO problem on the info - that's why we are here :)

The 43UH603v doesn't have a Freesat HD satellite tuner with its nice EPG ( Electronic programme guide) but its quite a good free to air satellite tuner and regular EPG like you would see on a normal satellite receiver.

You can check it out on the LG site here ( scroll down to Tech Specs):
    http://www.lg.com/uk/tvs/lg-43UH603V

For the money £379??, 4K, Freeview / Saorview / Smart / Satellite tuner and quite nice build quality - its actually a great buy!

Thanks and keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Ordered the LG online from you guys last night. It had gone down another 10 pounds in price. Looking forward to seeing it now.
    Thanks for the advice.

Thanks Carsfan - its appreciated ;)

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]( Please excuse us over the next few days if responses are a little slower than normal!)[/font]

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.