Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Intrum Ireland

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

Edups wrote: »
    ... eh

Vodafone Red €60 pm unlimited calls and texts 7GB data

Data extra €30 only main difference is 5GB data.

What? Has this something to do with the op?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

davo10 wrote: »
    You are making excuses, pay what you owe and they will stop bothering you. You entered into a contract when it suited you, now you are refusing to pay for it.

Have you read my original post? I have never refused to pay anything. Twice I've said I'd pay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

OP you should pay your debts but if you decide to ignore a debt collection agency over a small amount it is unlikely to go to court, it will usually be written off just like Vodafone wrote it off by selling it on to Intrum.

To stop them calling you just start answering their calls but tell them you need to see a copy of the contract you have with them, tell them you will deal exclusively with Vodafone and that they must stop ringing you, tell them you are recording all their calls. take note of the times they ring as well as how often and if it seems excessive accuse them of harassment and tell them you are reporting them to the Gardai!

gstack166 wrote: »
    Have you read my original post? I have never refused to pay anything. Twice I've said I'd pay.

I read your op. Vodafone wanted payment as per the terms of your contract, that is not what you offered and then you were offered a reduced one off payment which you rejected.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭LooksLikeRain

If you still have your Vodafone account number just pay what you can when you can to Vodafone by Eft. you will have proof you paid on your bank statements and debt collections companies won't want to know if your paying something every week. Your contract is with Vodafone and this is who you owe the debt too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69,024 ✭✭✭✭L1011

It means I have a traceable number back to a company I've paid money to besides just giving money over the phone to someone I have no idea to. Can you seriously not comprehend the reasoning why someone would be reluctant to give personal details on a phone at the best of times let alone to an untraceable number?

You wouldn't happen to work for Intrum would you?

No, it means you have what your phone displayed at the time. That does not mean anything.

You are perfectly capable of phoning Intrum if you are worried about number visibility.

And no - I don't. Suggestions or implications that someone works for a company under discussion are not welcome here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

How much have you paid Vodafone since?

L1011 wrote: »
    No, it means you have what your phone displayed at the time. That does not mean anything.

You are perfectly capable of phoning Intrum if you are worried about number visibility.

And no - I don't. Suggestions or implications that someone works for a company under discussion are not welcome here.

Please with all your wisdom you seem to possess explain why I should ring them when WE BOTH AGREED id receive a call from them on the day that was suggested on a registered number to make a payment that didn't come through?

Please with all your wisdom you seem to possess explain why I should ring them when WE BOTH AGREED id receive a call from them on the day that was suggested on a registered number to make a payment that didn't come through?

You agreed to take a call from them on an agreed day

You then kicked up a fuss about it being withheld (there is no such thing as a "registered number". And CLID can be resoundingly faked - so you should not be trusting it).

This means that the logical thing for you to do is call them yourself - but you are completely skipping over logic here for emotion and little else.

They are not going to change their outgoing call policy for you. You still owe Vodafone the money. I'm not sure what you intended to get by posting here - it was never going to be a resounding chorus of people telling you you were off the hook because they won't show CLID.

How would you have done business prior to the introduction of digital mobile phones and landline CLID in the mid 1990s?

You then kicked up a fuss about it being withheld (there is no such thing as a "registered number". And CLID can be resoundingly faked - so you should not be trusting it).

This means that the logical thing for you to do is call them yourself - but you are completely skipping over logic here for emotion and little else.

They are not going to change their outgoing call policy for you. You still owe Vodafone the money. I'm not sure what you intended to get by posting here - it was never going to be a resounding chorus of people telling you you were off the hook because they won't show CLID.

How would you have done business prior to the introduction of digital mobile phones and landline CLID in the mid 1990s?

No. I kicked up a fuss about the number before I agreed to take a Calle about a payment. I was assured the call I would receive wouldn't be private.

Exactly, I owe Vodafone the money, not Intrum. Can I therefor sell my debt like Vodafone to a 3rd party?

Seeing as though I was only born in 1985 I have no dealings in doing business prior to the introduction of digital mobile phones.

• Advertisement

No. I kicked up a fuss about the number before I agreed to take a Calle about a payment. I was assured the call I would receive wouldn't be private.

Exactly, I owe Vodafone the money, not Intrum. Can I therefor sell my debt like Vodafone to a 3rd party?

Seeing as though I was only born in 1985 I have no dealings in doing business prior to the introduction of digital mobile phones.

How much would you sell a debt you owe? What has 1985 got to do with it? You were over 18 when you agrreed to the service contract. If you paid Vodafone the money you owe as per your contract you wouldn't be in this bind. If you phone intrum yourself you can give your card details and that would be the end of the matter, your contract I'm sure references a third party debt recovery service.

To be fair op, sounds like you are whinging about paying a debt you owe.

I owe Vodafone the money.

How much have you paid them?

You never said that in the original post, or indeed anywhere else until now.

You are still being illogical and incredibly unreasonable and I have no idea what you expect to happen. They are not going to call you on a non-withheld number and you still owe Vodafone the money. You were entirely happy to pay Intrum (at a significant discount) to satisfy this debt initially, before going off on a tangent of illogicality.

Either call them and pay them, call Vodafone and pay them or don't pay anyone and keep the debt extant - those are your three options; there aren't any further.

Plus the topic of this thread along with an outstanding debt circles around a digital mobile phone so not sure want youre

Plus the topic of this thread along with an outstanding debt circles around a digital mobile phone so not sure want youre

That CLID is relatively new, and completely useless in verifying anything as it can be faked by anyone who actually wants to. I could call you with a CLID showing that you were calling yourself, or indeed any other number I wanted

It is not reliable. It is not "registered". It means absolutely nothing. If it means that much to you you can phone Intrum.

How much have you paid them?

This.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Anything under a grand and they can swing for it

Not worth chasing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭enricoh

They were ringing me over 180 quid that Vodafone had sold them. I just answered n told them I won't be paying. After a few times they stopped ringing. Simple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Edups

What? Has this something to do with the op?

Yes you said PAYG is more expensive, which isn't the case, per month.

This.

This, them, what you both talking in riddles for.

Who is 'them' you refer to? them being Vodafone that I owe money to for an outstanding service or them being Intrum a company that I owe nothing to & ring on with held numbers?

• Advertisement

This.

He won't answer because the answer is nothing and what he wanted from the thread is agreement that he didn't have to pay.

Sure don't pay if you don't want to op but one day you'll want another contract from Vodafone and they will say no....and remember they own or are owned by quite a lot of other companies.

He won't answer because the answer is nothing and what he wanted from the thread is agreement that he didn't have to pay.

Sure don't pay if you don't want to op but one day you'll want another contract from Vodafone and they will say no....and remember they own or are owned by quite a lot of other companies.

It's clear from my posts that I've paid nothing. Reason being I refuse to give personal details to a withheld number. What part of ringing me on a number I can verify is unreasonable?

It's clear from my posts that I've paid nothing. Reason being I refuse to give personal details to a withheld number. What part of ringing me on a number I can verify is unreasonable?

Because you have the option of ringing them back. Your reasons for not doing this are nonsensical.

You can ring them on a number you can actually verify (not a potentially faked CLID) and pay them. You refuse to do this for unreasonable, nonsensical reasons.

Because you have the option of ringing them back. Your reasons for not doing this are nonsensical.

You can ring them on a number you can actually verify (not a potentially faked CLID) and pay them. You refuse to do this for unreasonable, nonsensical reasons.

This is my 3rd time asking you this question so hopefully 3rd time lucky for an answer back.

Why should I ring them after we both agreed a date that I would receive a phone call from them off a non private number that didn't materialise?

The only way of verifying a number is to ring it yourself isn't it???

Edups wrote: »
    Yes you said PAYG is more expensive, which isn't the case, per month.

The op's phone was provided as part of his contract, are you saying phones are cheaper with PAYG?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Edups

01 869 2226

That's their number. Phone them and quit whinging. You have a bill you didn't pay for months and youre moaning that this company isn't doing what you want. Just grow up, cop on and pay the bill.

This is my 3rd time asking you this question so hopefully 3rd time lucky for an answer back.

Why should I ring them after we both agreed a date that I would receive a phone call from them off a non private number that didn't materialise?

You've been given the answer - because they are never going to call you from a non-withheld number.

You have the way to sort this very, very easily. You refuse to do it. That is being unreasonable.

What answer did you want from this thread? You asked for a suggestion. You got an incredibly simple one. You refuse to do it for nonsensical reasons.

The only way of verifying a number is to ring it yourself isn't it???

What number would this seeing as though they ring constantly on private

• Advertisement

What number would this seeing as though they ring constantly on private

One they'd provide if you'd ask. Or google it. Reasonable things, rather than unreasonable ones.

A quick search suggests they'll even take online payments, actually.

Advertisement